Modern Day Alchemists
WHY AREN'T YOU SIGNED IN!$#%@? -sends Aurel after you-

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Modern Day Alchemists
WHY AREN'T YOU SIGNED IN!$#%@? -sends Aurel after you-
Modern Day Alchemists
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» This is the end I fear
Dreaming of Happier Things EmptySat Mar 19, 2022 4:18 pm by Reila Tsukino

» Best wishes
Dreaming of Happier Things EmptyThu Sep 17, 2020 12:08 pm by Reila Tsukino

» Simon Eris
Dreaming of Happier Things EmptyFri Nov 15, 2013 1:57 pm by ChaosAlchemist

» Pumpkin Spice
Dreaming of Happier Things EmptyWed Nov 06, 2013 4:13 pm by Rhea Stevenson

» BARBERSHOP BRUNCH, BRO'S.
Dreaming of Happier Things EmptyWed Nov 06, 2013 12:54 pm by Wolfgang Murinyo

» Training Private Daw (Open to Amestrian Militants Only)
Dreaming of Happier Things EmptyMon Nov 04, 2013 6:07 pm by Dawsic

» AKI'S NEW FORUM
Dreaming of Happier Things EmptyMon Oct 21, 2013 12:59 am by Silvac

» Baldursdóttir, Ymir [done]
Dreaming of Happier Things EmptyThu Oct 17, 2013 5:56 pm by Jay Furor

» Practice Makes PERFECTION
Dreaming of Happier Things EmptyMon Oct 14, 2013 11:19 am by Zayne O'Reilly

» Just a Checkup
Dreaming of Happier Things EmptyThu Oct 10, 2013 8:55 am by Crassus

Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 74 on Wed Sep 10, 2014 4:45 am
Join us on Facebook!

Dreaming of Happier Things

Go down

Dreaming of Happier Things Empty Dreaming of Happier Things

Post by Guest Wed Nov 16, 2011 11:36 am

"Jeu...Hee..." Her name! That was her Emperors voice! "Help... stop... them... ple--" St-stop? "Times up, Saeji." "S..Saeji...?" Her voice squeaked, some of her men already positioning their Chu No Ku to fire, but she didn't even notice. “Jeu-Hee, orders?!” "Commander..." Voices... It was all background noise. "Attack them. Kill them." "Help... stop... them... ple-" “Disregard those orders. That is NOT our Emperor. His channel has been compromised. I repeat, do NOT engage the Amestrian soldiers. Fall back to the rendezvous. DO NOT ENGAGE AMESTRIS.” So many voices....

Fwip. . . . Kla-Boom!

The shot had been made. A bolt exploded amongst their allies before them. "Attack!" Gasping, the young ambassador was startled back to the present as someone shook her shoulder, causing to whirl about as bullets and bolts began to fly. "Commander! Our orders!" The man cried to her, begging for her to please lead. And it was then she realized, tears were streaming down her face. Men were dying because of her inaction, she had let them attack their allies! Ayden... Oh Ayden.... Tuning her radio to their private channel, she found herself still holding a hand up in the air. "NO STOP! DON'T ATTACK-" She let out a shriek as she was thrown to the snow covered pavement, the car across the street from them exploding into flames, her men getting thrown backwards by the force of it. Choking back a sob, her ears were ringing, dazed as her shoulder was shaken again. "Hold fire!"

Startling awake with a rather loud gasp, a cold sheen of sweat covered Jeu-Hee's skin as she bolted upright in her bed. The voices still echoed in her mind, all of those sounds haunting her as the bullets flew moments after. Shuddering uncontrollably, the young ambassador felt a wetness upon her cheeks and touched a hand to it, realizing then that tears were streaming down her face. Oh god.... She had let those men die... She had failed to act. She had frozen up in the moment when she needed to be her most level-headed. It was eating her up inside, and she didn't know how to make it stop at all! For the past few days since she had come back from that horrid war, her sleep had been plagued with nothing but nightmares and demons. Clutching at herself, she bowed her head and sobbed, her knuckles turning white from how tightly her fingers dug into her arms.

The lights flickered on in her room and her mother peered inside, Jeu-Hee hadn't even heard her enter. When had the door opened? The woman's eyes widened to see her daughter in such a state and she rushed over to her bedside to hold her tightly against her chest. "Oh darling... Whats wrong?" Her mothers voice should be comforting right? Feeling her hand through her hair was supposed to be comforting... right? So why did she still feel so cold? Why couldn't she stop shivering? Her face pressed against the warm body as the tears continued to fall, her entire body one ball of tension. "It was just a nightmare mama. I'll be fine-" "No! Don't give me that, you've been like this since you came back from..." Pulling back, Fei Han stared down at her daughter with only the utmost concern in her features, brown eyes rather intense. Her lips started to tremble, her hand moving to rest on the side of her daughters face as she called up a small smile as if that would help somehow. "Mama, I had to go. They needed my help in Drachma. You know what I used to do. They were short on weapons and soldiers anyways! Besides--" Jeu-Hee stopped short, her mouth hanging open as the words caught in her throat, her chest screaming out in a sudden pain. Ayden... She bowed her head, all the shaking seeming to go into her hands as she stared mournfully at them. She hadn't told her parents about him yet, for what was there to tell? She still hadn't seen him since the first time they met! It was as if another weight were added to the lead upon her chest, another sob wracking her body.

Fei was at a loss of what she could say to comfort her daughter without just saying what she felt would have been the right course of action. The war had changed her. "I know... I just..." She reached a hand forward and touched two of her fingers beneath Jeu-Hee's chin to raise her head gently so she could look her in those pretty green eyes, her thumb stroking lightly against her pale skin. "I just worry about you is all. You know that. You know, maybe you should--" There came a soft knocking against the doorframe into Jeu-Hee's bedroom, her father leaning in with a phone in his hand. To Jeu-Hee, he seemed more exhausted than normal and it made her wonder how work was going for him. Why did the world seem so dark now? "I'm sorry to interrupt, but you have a business call Jeu-Hee. Someone by the name of Eiri." Blinking twice, the young ambassador sniffled and wiped her eyes, taking a brief moment to try to compose herself. Ancestors... She just wanted to roll over and make it all go away.

She tried to call up a small smile, but for once, you could tell it was forced. "I'll be right there. Thank you." Glancing to her mother, she could see that her mother wasn't happy to leave things as they were, but still she got up off of her bed. Fei gave her daughter a quick kiss on the forehead before slipping out of her room, but she did pause to look at her with one last worried glance, the door clicking shut seconds later. Right... business... She knew how to do that right? She had to get ahold of herself! She just wasn't really sure how to do that... Walking over to the phone on the desk in her room, she picked it up, feeling as if a mask came over her entire being and locking away all of the darkness that swirled about her. Thats true... She could just focus on her work... "Morning Eiri-san. How may I help you?" She spoke as she felt a hollow smile reach her face, her voice sounding as pleasant as it usually did. "Good morning Ambassador, I'm sorry for calling so early, but a matter came up that I felt deserved your attention immediately..."

Even as she went through the call, her mind was elsewhere as her back ached still from when that Drachman had thrown her against the car. Self-doubt gnawed away at her as all she could think of was how she had gone stiff, how she hadn't kept her head for those few precious seconds that could have prevented her men from firing. How she had relied entirely upon Xiao after he had arrived to keep everything together. How she had lost herself in the fight as all her deadly skills came out to play. It was as if there were two of her, one that focused on the call, and the other that stood in a blank white space with only a mirror in front of her. She stared into that mirror, and all she could see was the blood that coated her arms, dripping into pools that stained the mirror-worlds ground in great pools. Yet when she looked down, that pristine floor was still a pure white, leaving her bare feet clean. Then she raised her hands, and a crimson liquid was consuming the surface of her creamy flesh. Apprehension clutched at her chest, looking back at the mirror as if that other her would offer some kind of answers, some kind of reassurance. Instead, she only raised her one arm, showing that she held something in her hands. Jeu-Hee wanted to be sick at the sight of it. That mirror-self held the hearts of some men, the symbol for Amestris emblazoned upon it. Her eyes widened and terror gripped her as that mirror-self held them out to her, tilting her head as she held that sweet smile that she used to always hold. No.... No... that wasn't her... That wasn't her at all! But it was. It was, and she had to accept it. She had blood upon her hands already from assassinations, now she just had more. Thats what it was like that mirror-self was trying to tell her even as she seemed to take a step closer to the pane of glass that separated her from that pristine dream-scape.

".... That should help solve that issue. Is that everything you need Eiri?" She spoke even as her hands began to tremble again, wanting to pull that second her out of that white dreamscape. Her guilt was eating her up inside! "No, that should be all Ambassador. Thank you so much. Have a good day." *Click* Jeu-Hee slowly lowered the phone back onto its hook, her green eyes staring distantly at the wall as shudders wracked her body. She couldn't break down, she should be going to the palace. She had duties to fulfill! Hesitantly, she lifted her hands a little and looked down at them, finding them to be the same creamy color they usually were. No blood. No hearts. Nothing. She was merely herself. Taking a deep, halting breath, she exhaled slowly and turned away, beginning to get ready for the day. She paused in front of the mirror of her dresser, looking at that tear stained face that was beginning to get all red and puffy. God... How mournful she looked... Like some guppy. She.. She couldn't have that. No. She was the vixen of the sweet smile, and she couldn't have that change. The image of that twisted, bloody, mirror-self flashed in her mind but she shook it away. No. Slowly, the corners of her mouth tilted upwards, calling up the reserves of her will to appear as sincere as possible as she stood there wanting nothing but to rip the guilt out that weighed so heavily upon her. But it was there, the faintest of smiles, her mask reaffirmed. Yes, she would smile for she wouldn't have herself relying or troubling others... She had done that enough.

Back to top Go down

Dreaming of Happier Things Empty Re: Dreaming of Happier Things

Post by Xiao Yu Sat Nov 19, 2011 2:29 am

Xiao was gross. And sweaty. But in a nice, refreshing kind of way. That was always the strange combination he felt after returning from an early morning run. He wasn't super fond of running but it kept him in shape and it helped clear his head. And after Drachma... needless to say, Xiao had been running every morning and every night. Coming back into his small house, he went upstairs to take a shower right away. As he moved up the stairs he could hear Zao stirring. He knew that Nanny Qiu would get him started and that Xiao would take over. Today was Nanny Qiu's day off which meant that Xiao had the day off as well. Because one couldn't really bring a child into the throne room to guard the Emperor. Didn't exactly look professional.

After his shower, Xiao felt ready to start the day. He hopped into the kitchen, placing a kiss on Zao's head and squeezing Nanny Qiu. “Good morning!” He went right away over to the fridge, pouring himself a glass of orange juice. “What are you going to do with your day off, Qiu?

Whatever I please, you young rapscallion.” She chuckled, wiping the mush off of Zao's face as he laughed.

I was just wondering. I think I might go check on Jeu-Hee...” Xiao muttered mostly to himself but he groaned when he realized Nanny Qiu and heard him. “That lovely girl, the ambassador? I heard that she didn't perform well in Drachma.” “She performed fine! But being thrust from ambassador to leader of an army isn't easy. Especially for someone so young.” Xiao was genuinely concerned for the younger woman. She hadn't seemed right at all in Drachma and still, it all felt off. “Well, if you're going to see her, you need to take something. Some treats perhaps!” Nanny Qiu began muttering about the perfect gift basket and before Xiao could protest, she was gone. Xiao rolled his eyes and looked at his son. “Well, let's hurry up and go, eh? We might miss out on this 'gift basket.'

~~~~~

Xiao had successfully gotten his son dressed in an Eeyore sweater and baby jeans, even slipping the tiny shoes onto his feet. He threw a light jacket over his son and over his own shoulders. He had a manly shoulder bag full of diapers and such, just in case. He was ready to stop by the palace to see Jeu-Hee, then maybe take Zao to play in the park. He put Zao into his stroller and was nearly ready to walk out the door when he heard Nanny Qiu call for him. Muttering a curse, he went to the front door to see her holding... “What IS that?” “A gift basket, my boy. Bath salts, fresh fruit, sweetbreads, some chocolate, candles. Just what the poor girl will need to relax.” “Nanny Qiu! You can't honestly expect me to...” He trailed off as Nanny Qiu crossed her arms over her chest, frowning. He knew that look. Fuck.

And so Xiao was off to the Jade Palace, rolling his son in a stroller and carrying a frilly gift basket. How... ugh.
Xiao Yu
Xiao Yu
PENDING

-Case File-
Level: 2
Writer:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 22, 2011 11:02 am

Coming down the stairs, Jeu-Hee was weaving her long hair into a bun at the base of her head, bobby pins still sticking out of her mouth as she moved like the wind to the kitchen. Her mother already had some food set aside for her, currently working on her lunch with her back to the doorway. "Are you sure you should head into work today?" Fei asked her daughter without turning away from her work, the knife sliding through the meat easily. Jeu-Hee sighed and finished pinning up those last few stray hairs before answering, her heeled boots clicking against the floor. "Yes mama. Now is the time they may need me most since international relations could end up strained due to the war. I can't sit around at home and..." She drifted off as she moved around in the kitchen to place her breakfast in tupperware since she had to move, trying to ignore the pang in her heart. She couldn't stay home. She couldn't. She'd go mad, she'd.... She'd be left to think and dwell, and cry and... NO! She refused! Work, she had to work. There, she could make a difference. There, she could feel.. better. Maybe. Or maybe she was just running away.. She didn't know! She just couldn't stay here!

"Didn't you receive some leave time though? It's only been-" "-a few days. I know. I can't risk it mama. Thanks for the food." Walking up to her mother, she kissed her cheek and took the chasu in the bag that she offered. Jook for lunch! Delicious~ Glancing over herself, the black pinstripe suit was a little strange to wear for it was so formal, but the ambassador should hardly look like a slouch! Besides, pinstripes were perfect for any occasion! Grabbing the bag that she had slipped her food into, Jeu-Hee's heels clicked against the floor as she walked to the front door and out onto the street, calling a farewell to her parents. Aiya... Hopefully no one would comment on when she got there... As she walked down the street, she found herself slowing a bit, her eyes lowering to the ground as she bit her lower lip. Soldiers had seen what she was.... Would they talk? Would it spread that their ambassador was a chimera? How would people react? Oh god...

Maybe going into work wasn't such a good idea after all.... The light changed in front of her and she continued onward to the palace, her hand gripping at her purse strap a bit tighter as she forced herself to appear calm, cool, and collected. People shouldn't see she was troubled. Not at all! There was a honk from a car and it caused her to startle, the sharpness of the sound like the car alarms that went off on that street as the explosions and gunfire rang out. Her lips tightened as she walked a bit faster up to the palace, the ability to keep her calm smile up growing weaker and weaker as the memories wanted to swell up and swallow her whole. No no no nonononononononoNO! She wasn't dwelling! Lalalalalalalalaaaa~ How could one escape their own mind when it decided to be her worst enemy? A few strands of her bun escaped their holdings and hung freely down her back, creating a rather lovely cascade effect like some hairstyle from the movies. Maybe she should get a haircut...

Rounding a corner with the palace standing before her, she noticed a familiar figure off to her left with a... stroller? Stroller! Gasp, A BABY! It was indeed Xiao with his son as his company as well as a rather impressive looking gift basket that didn't really suite the Imperial Guard in the least bit. Awww, was she going to get to meet his son? But as she stood there staring at him, she heard his voice uttering commands over the radio once more and her back began to ache dully. Her stomach twisted with nerves, swallowing slowly as she forced her smile to remain on her lips, waving to him with a deep breath. She.. could still talk to him fine... She could still talk to him fine... All would be right with the world... "Morning Xiao! Wasn't expecting to see you around, isn't today your day off?" She called as her feet carried her over to him, the queasiness inside of her rolling about like a stone. How could she ever return to normal now?

Back to top Go down

Post by Xiao Yu Sun Nov 27, 2011 2:18 pm

Xiao breathed a sigh of relief. He had made it to just outside the palace without seeing anyone he knew. He wasn't sure how he would explain the THING that he was toting along with his son. He couldn't believe that Nanny Qiu had actually done this. Then again... he suspected Ai would've done something similar. And Ai would've gone herself to see the ambassador, although she would drag Xiao along just to torment him. With a sigh, he shook his head and returned to his goal. He fully planned on slipping into the palace, leaving the gift basket at Jeu-Hee's office and fleeing. His master plan deflated like a balloon when he heard Jeu-Hee call to him from a short ways down the street. Turning with a smile-grimace, he waved. “Morning! Um, yes. It is. But...erm.” He looked from her to the gift basket and groaned quietly. “I, uh, wanted to see how you were doing. But...” He took a deep breath and sighed, looking extremely annoyed. “My nanny insisted I give you this gift basket. To help you relax.” He lifted it up and handed it over to her, glad to be rid of the girly thing.

He opened his mouth to speak again when a baby's sharp cry came out from the stroller. He paused for a minute, then laughed. Zao enjoyed being the center of attention around new people and was now expressing his displeasure that he had not been removed from his stroller yet to be adored by this new person. Stepping to the front of the stroller, he undid the buckles and scooped his son up. He rested Zao in a sitting position on his left arm, his right arm looping across his chest to make a handy-dandy seat. Turning to Jeu-Hee, he smiled faintly. “I apologize, someone has reminded me I've failed to introduce you. Jeu-Hee, this is my son, Zao.” Zao gurgled and babbled, reaching his chubby fingers in the direction of Jeu-Hee. Xiao glanced down at his son, his eyes going soft for a moment. Zao may look like him, but he knew that outgoing streak was all Ai.
Xiao Yu
Xiao Yu
PENDING

-Case File-
Writer:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 27, 2011 5:12 pm

Normally, Jeu-Hee would have giggled a little to see him be so awkward with the giant gift-basket in his grasp, but now? She couldn't overcome how ill and awkward she was feeling. Not at all. “Morning! Um, yes. It is. But...erm.” His voice... It flickered back to that street, to the cries of pain in the background... to the flames that crackled as the dead littered the ground. “I, uh, wanted to see how you were doing. But...” Shivering, she was barely hearing the words he was saying now, taking a deep breath as she tried to calm herself down!! God, what was wrong with her? It was Xiao! Her friend, Xiao. They were back home. Nothing was going wrong! Her smile remained clear as day upon her features, but the slightly forced nature of it was gleaning through drip by drip, his annoyance not even seeking to ease her in the slightest. “My nanny insisted I give you this gift basket. To help you relax.” Ok. Maybe it was easing her a little. She was surprised though at the generosity of his nanny, eyes going wide as eyebrows raised, taking the gift-basket almost as if she had never received a present before. She had it was just.... This was so unexpected.

She too, was about to speak, when the babies cry pierced the air, startling her a little bit. How could she have almost forgotten about the baby? Especially his baby! Adjusting her grip of the basket, she let it hang with one arm at her side, turning her green eyes towards the tyke as he gurgled at his father. It was really kinda cute to see Xiao being all fatherly, bringing a true smile to her features. It was like her worries were stripped away for this moment, this moment of this family together enjoying a lovely day together. It was so sweet! “I apologize, someone has reminded me I've failed to introduce you. Jeu-Hee, this is my son, Zao.” A giggle spilled forth, glancing from father to son as she took a small step forward, reaching her free hand towards the little fingers that reached for her. "Oh he's so adorable.... Hi Zao, I'm Jeu-Hee. It's a pleasure to meet you." What was bothering her again? Sorry, she was so distracted by the cuteness that she had completely forgotten... It was like she was her old self again, that bubbliness that she normally held shinning through beyond the lingering darkness. She grinned, wiggling her fingers a bit at Zao. He really did look like his father... That too, was absolutely endearing. The cuteness!!! How could she handle it!!! She found herself cooing at the baby, glancing up to Xiao with a brightness in her eyes that positively radiated. "Thank your nanny for me, this was very kind of her. Oh my god HE'S JUST TOO CUTE!!" She squealed as restrained as she could, practically sensing how her tail would be wagging and her ears would be up. At least, if she were in fox form... Oh she wanted to play with the baby so bad!

Back to top Go down

Post by Xiao Yu Fri Dec 02, 2011 8:03 pm

Xiao couldn't help but notice how strained Jeu-Hee's smile was as she took the gift basket, even as he collected Xiao from the stroller. What had her so on edge? Oh, duh. He would take a big guess that it was the same thing that kept him running morning and night. That stupid battle in Drachma. One whole day and everything flipped upside down. Xiao was dealing with okay, he supposed, but he suspected that Jeu-Hee wasn't handling it quite as well. She seemed so much more genuine, more like herself when he introduced Zao.

Zao giggled at the fingers being wiggled at him and grabbed tightly onto Jeu-Hee's pointer finger when it got too close to his grabbing hands. He swung his hand with the finger inside it, very pleased that he was attracting attention to himself. Xiao could only watch the two of them cooing at each other and chuckle. He was coming to view Jeu-Hee as a younger sister, someone who, while very capable, occasionally needed somebody there to help out. And so, as a pseudo-older-brother, he noticed just how happy she seemed to be face-to-face with his little son. He shifted his son in his arms a little, smiling at Jeu-Hee. "You can hold him if you want. Also, we were headed over to the park, if you feel like being late to work." He didn't want to appear overly forward but, how else would he invite her to come to the park? Exactly. And besides, it would be good for her. And maybe for both of them. Maybe some laughter all around would be good for him too.

[My computer making the first half of an awesome post disappear equals an okay post. Grr.]
Xiao Yu
Xiao Yu
PENDING

-Case File-
Writer:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 03, 2011 10:04 pm

{{ Aw noes... Punch your computer! }}

He grabbed her finger. Ohmygodhegrabbedherfinger!!! Jeu-Hee had to resist squeeing, but it sort of still fell out with a giggle as he gripped her finger so. It only grew worse as he swung her hand this way and that with his little baby strength by that single grasp, the shadow that clung to her being cast off with the ferocity of a lion. No. This was why she did what she did. This life, this little innocent life. The chance for him to exist, for him to be safe. This was why Xiao fought, why all of them had gone to that wretched country and endured all that.... No no no! THE CUTENESS. FOCUS ON IT! She wiggled her finger even in his grasp, her other hand coming in to tickle his stomach like a ninja, giggling brightly as she grinned.

"You can hold him if you want. Also, we were headed over to the park, if you feel like being late to work."

Oh man, as if her eyes couldn't go any wider from when they had gone wide at the sight of his son. "Really????" She murmured with awe and utter excitement as her grin just grew and grew. Oh she could POSITIVELY EXPLODE!!!! Sliding her finger gently out of Zao's grip, she tickled him one more time and straightened up, shifting her grip on the gift basket so it would stay on her arm if she did take Zao. "I don't really need to come in today, I was just going to cause I feel like I've been lazing around at home too much lately." With that she chuckled nervously, scratching the back of her head in embarrassment, a shadow only briefly passing across her eyes. "Though my mother thinks I should stay home for another couple of days. I had to practically pull teeth in order to come out today!" It was the truth. But her mother was just worried about her was all. She couldn't blame her for that. The woman couldn't help it.

"So which park were you going to go to?" She asked him sweetly, stealthily reaching a finger towards the baby before tickling his little belly again. Heeheehee, she couldn't resist doing that!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Xiao Yu Sat Dec 10, 2011 1:48 am

Ditching work it is then!” Xiao laughed and deftly slid the gift basket from Jeu-Hee's arm, replacing that burden with one that was far squirmier. Xiao put the gift basket into the stroller where Zao would usually sit, watching as Zao twisted in Jeu-Hee's arms until he felt he was comfortable. Once Jeu-Hee and Zao seemed properly settled with each other, he turned the stroller to left, heading down the side of the palace. Just a few blocks down was a small park, well suited for his little son. He walked besides Jeu-Hee in a companionable silence, listening to her and Zao babble back and forth at one another. He couldn't resist a smile at how ridiculously bright Jeu-Hee seemed. As they arrived at the park he stopped, leaving the stroller next to a bench.

Ahead of them on the left was a small grassy field where a group of older kids were playing catch. On the right was a playground, complete with slides, monkey bars, and so much more. Xiao knew where he needed to go though; it would be a couple more years of Zao to traverse the jungle-gym alone. He headed over to a set of swings, 3 “adult” and 3 “baby.” Xiao sat himself down on one of the adult swings, gently rocking back and forth. He figured he would let Zao and Jeu-Hee played on the playground together. They needed it more than he did.
Xiao Yu
Xiao Yu
PENDING

-Case File-
Writer:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 15, 2011 2:43 pm

“Ditching work it is then!” Jeu-Hee let out a cheer, and had to quiet her squee of utter delight as Zao was passed to her. Her arms immediately shifted to account for the babies body, curving her arm under him so he could sit up while remaining around his back. But the baby moved as he wanted and she let him while making sure she wouldn't (ancestors forbid) drop him. Heehee, babies were so squirmy, but it was SO CUTE. SHE COULD NOT HANDLE THE CUTENESS!! She had to do it, had to do it! Squirming her fingers at his belly to tickle the small boy, he screamed and giggled which sent shivers of pure... pure... she didn't even know what but it was good! When was the last time she had felt this rush of excitement and... happiness?

Ayden....

Her heart clenched a little bit and if she were a fox, her ears and tail would have drooped. Aw Ayden... She shoulda headed off to North City to see if he was there! She missed him so terrible, AND SHE STILL WANTED THAT HUG DAMMIT! Oh wait... heeehee? It was like the darkness from the war was getting peeled away layer by layer the longer that she was with Zao and Xiao, the brightness that was her center shining through more and more. Goodness, she almost had forgotten what her own bubbliness was like! That should be a crime! One should never forget themselves in the midst of, of, of such things! Yes, she wasn't very good at thinking of words right now... They hyperactivity of her brain appeared to be back as well, her green eyes shimmering like emeralds in the light as she stared down at Zao, following after his father with a bounce in her step. She cooed and spoke in that baby-talk to Zao as he gurgled up at her, grinning as she giggled.

It was a little weird too, holding Zao like this. It was like motherly tendencies she didn't quite realize she had, had come out in the presence of this delightful child. So she had the duality of her childishness, and the maturity she could display coming out at once without clashing with each other like they normally did. She always had such issues being both at the same time! It was frustrating! Though... she supposed it wouldn't really be proper for the ambassador to be bouncing around the room like a goofball in the middle of a meeting with foreign dignitaries or something, would it? Hehehehehe... probably not. That might give a rather strange impression now wouldn't it!

Looking up at the laughter of other kids, Jeu-Hee realized she did know where they were, turning to look at the playground that was off to the side. She gasped a little and looked down at Zao in her arms, "Shall we go traverse the world? Lets go traverse the world!" With that she made plane sounds and ran with him towards the jungle-gym. Spinning about, she giggled and walked over to one of the platforms, placing him down gently, not really sure where he'd want to go.

Back to top Go down

Post by Xiao Yu Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:39 am

Xiao swung back and forth, back and forth. An endless cycle, but one he very much enjoyed. He watched Jeu-Hee "airplane" her way over to the platforms, placing Zao on one of them. He allowed a small smile, shaking his head. It was the simplest things that could cure the most painful ailment. A transformation was coming over Jeu-Hee... she appeared so much more like herself... or at least the person Xiao had always seen bouncing around the halls of the palace. Transformation... he paused his swinging for a moment, before continuing. Oh, yes. There was that whole thing that she had turned into a fox-woman in Drachma. That had been strange, but at the time Xiao had pushed it out of his mind to think of more important things. Now, however, it flitted back. He wasn't entirely sure what to do about it... whether he should ask her directly, or do general research on the side. In some ways it was very clearly none of his business, but he was still curious. To have human AND animal instinct combined? Sounded like a handful to him. Anyway, that would be for another time. Right now, Xiao continued to kick his legs on the swing, keeping an eye on his son.

Zao stared down at the platform and then looked at Jeu-Hee. Gurgling he began to crawl around in a circle, finally deciding to head towards a platform that was a little higher up. Reaching to where the two platforms connected and rose apart, he grappled for something to grab. He managed to grab onto the top of the platform and began to struggle to pull himself up. He managed to stand successfully, attempting to get over the top of the platform before realizing that he was just not the right size. He scrunched up his face, feeling a scream coming on. Prior to the scream, he managed to screech out one of his favorite words (besides "Dada" and "Nana"). "UP!!!!"
Xiao Yu
Xiao Yu
PENDING

-Case File-
Writer:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 23, 2011 9:34 pm

Babies were just too damned cuuuuute~ What would her babies look like? Wait, why was she pondering this again? That wasn't something that'd happen anytime soon hahahahahahaha! Certainly not if her parents could help it. They were traditional, at least to a certain degree. But some borders must not be crossed! That would be delving into very dangerous territory, and she wouldn't have the high ground in the least bit. Nopity nope-nope! Oh right, baby. Blinking, she really needed to work on her focusing abilities as she realized that Zao was attempting to climb up to the next platform. Awwww, but he was so tinyyyyyy! It was cute except for the fact that he was getting frustrated. At least he managed to stand!

Uh-oh. That was not a happy face at all. "UP!!!!" Scooping him up the minute that word exploded from him, she spun about and called up a smile easily to mask her worry, placing him down on the next platform where he obviously wanted to be. "Wheeee! Up the castle's keep to the top!" She spoke merrily to try to appease the baby she now placed down upon the platform. Or well, she placed his feet down, continuing to hold his hands since he could clearly stand with some guidance. "Can you walk yet? Can you? Can you?" She asked softly, standing over him as both a guard rail so he wouldn't fall backwards. That could have some poor results to be sure. Would her babies be foxy? No, no they wouldn't! That was silly! Wait, where had that come from? Oh she had no idea, at least her mind was jumping around again instead of drudging through muck. Yay for muck being gone!

Back to top Go down

Post by Xiao Yu Wed Dec 28, 2011 8:21 pm

Xiao heard his son scream across the park and paused in his swinging, looking up. He knew that scream well, but by the time he had stood up, Jeu-Hee had satisfied the baby's want in record time. He leaned back against the bar supporting the swings, watching his son stand proudly, clinging tightly to Jeu-Hee's fingers. Admittedly, he had never seen Zao walk, except from directly above him. It made his heart swell with pride, watching as Zao slowly toddled along the platform, carefully supported by Jeu-Hee. He was unsure at first, his footsteps hesitant. They gradually grew more steady until he reached the end of the platform, hitting the barrier. Xiao watched as Jeu-Hee quickly placed him up onto the next one, watching as they continued to walk together up two more platforms until they reached the top of the playground. Xiao knew exactly where Zao would want to go next. Xiao walked over towards the playground, stopping at the bottom of the twisting slide that began at the top where Zao was now heading. "Will you slide down with him? I'll catch him!" Xiao called up to Jeu-Hee, watching his son laugh and toddle across the top platform, under Jeu-Hee's watchful eyes.
Xiao Yu
Xiao Yu
PENDING

-Case File-
Writer:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 02, 2012 4:05 pm

He was walking. He was walking. Omg he was walking!!! Jeu-Hee could hardly contain her excitement as the little baby beneath her was walking with such hesitancy. But he was doing so well! Sure he was hesitant at first, but the first steps were always filled with nervousness yes? Yes! Absolutely! People weren't all born prodigy's or something... Or was that something else? Aiya, she wasn't sure anymore! All she knew, was that Zao was walking and that was so awesome! She wasn't sure if he had walked before, but she could guess that he hadn't considering his age. Was she like this when she was a baby too? Maybe she should ask her parents about that sometime... Heehee, they would probably be so confused!

But then the pace was changing with the baby below, and he was walking with more confidence and pride. He could walk, and he knew that now! Awwwww, it was so adowwable!!!! Oops! Next platform.... aaaand there! She lifted him up with a little whoop and a giggle, walking with him until their destination began to be clear. The slide! Of course! What child DIDN'T love the slide? Grinning brightly, she hadn't quite realized how much she had retreated into her own world with Zao until Xiao's voice came floating up from below. "Will you slide down with him? I'll catch him!"[/i] Zao seemed to be amused at this, gurgling with laughter as her green eyes looked down towards his father. "Ok! You ready to go Zao?" She murmured to the baby as she picked him up into her arms while situating herself at the top of the slide. Spreading her legs slightly, she placed him back down between them, holding onto his waist in both a loose, yet firm manner. She couldn't have him go flying now could she! That would be horrendous!

"3...2...1.... BLASTOFF!!" She cried with a laugh as they went sliding downward towards the imperial guard, her hair flying out behind her. Heeheehee, oh she felt like such a little kid again!

Back to top Go down

Post by Xiao Yu Fri Jan 06, 2012 9:04 pm

Xiao couldn't help but laugh; Jeu-Hee was as much as kid as the rest of the ones running around the playground. Twisting... twisting... and around the last bend they came. Xiao stooped down arms outstretched. As Jeu-Hee reached the bottom, Xiao quickly scooped up his son. “AND AWAY WE GO!” He lifted his son, holding him so he was lying flat on his stomach. Xiao jogged off at a steady pace, zooming his son up and down, side to side. He made airplane noises, making sure he wasn't going to fast to cause Zao to get uncomfortable. Glancing down at his son he saw him laughing and wiggling. As Xiao turned back towards the playground he began to slow down. “Oh no! We're losing speed. We're going down!” He straightened Zao up gradually slowing to a stop as he entered the playground. He lowered Zao down to the ground, giving the boy a moment to gain his bearings on his feet again.

He kept his fingers around Zao's letting his son continue to toddle around. He looked up at Jeu-Hee with a smile. “He's gotten a lot better with walking. He only started walking right before Drac-...” He trailed off for a moment. He felt like bringing up Drachma was a bad idea. Well, shit. He may have just messed up a perfectly good day. He looked at Jeu-Hee, looking a bit apprehensive. She was finally in a good mood, after seeming so off when they first ran into each other. Shit, shit, shit.
Xiao Yu
Xiao Yu
PENDING

-Case File-
Writer:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 09, 2012 10:45 am

Round, and round, and round, and r- Oh boy she was getting a little dizzy~ Her laughter drew a few looks from others in the area, the biggest grin you'd ever see on her features as she watched the father scoop his son up, up and away! “AND AWAY WE GO!” Aw man... she remembered when her papa would carry her around like that! Whizzing her through the air with her mother in the background with her constant reminders to be careful with the baby. It was rather comical how those two would argue (well not really) with each other. She couldn't really call it arguing... It was like something off a comedy. They'd each come up with some kind of witty comment and end up in laughter with a kiss.

But that was another time. Jeu-Hee remained on the edge of the slide as she watched the pair come running back around, her expression softening to one of complete content. It was a beautiful day, with beautiful friends. Who could beat such a day? Ooo! Maybe she should go visit the lily ponds at all her favorite places today too! Would Xiao and his son want to come with? Or did he have plans? “Oh no! We're losing speed. We're going down!” Giggling softly, her green eyes sparkled as they turned skyward, closing as a breeze went by her. Cool, crisp, and spiced with the smallest hint of jasmine.... The smell of Xing. Well, at least here. If you went down to a market, then it'd just smell like fish! Haha, not quite as pleasant at all hm? Here came the fearsome duo, Zao carefully walking along with his father, gazing about at each new sound that had passed them. “He's gotten a lot better with walking. He only started walking right before Drac-...”

She looked up as he cut himself off, her mind already filling in what he had stopped himself from saying. "Drachma." She finished for him softly, her signature sweet smile sweeping over them. He was worried about how she'd feel about hearing the word, wasn't he? He was worried she'd relapse into how she was earlier. "I'm ok Xiao, really. You and your son have repaired what was broken before." But would he believe her? It was the truth, absolutely no doubt about it! But... who knew if she was fully ok? They certainly had brightened her day, and that was what counted most to her right now. She wasn't afraid at every sound or sudden movement, she wasn't cowering at home, and... she wasn't crying. She could smile again. "For that, I have no way of repaying you both."

Back to top Go down

Post by Xiao Yu Sat Jan 14, 2012 3:07 pm

Xiao smiled brightly... or as brightly as could be considered from the generally serious man. So he hadn't screwed up after all! WIN. That definitely made him feel ten times better. He continued to let Zao toddle around for a few moments before glancing where his son was trying to lead them. Ah, the stroller. Why the stroller? He wasn't cranky, so he wasn't getting tired. Deftly Xiao scooped Zao mid-stride, swinging him to rest on his hip. He managed to check his watch as he bounced his son. Oh. Wow. Well, that explained a lot. Arriving at the stroller, Xiao placed his son on the ground and then reached in the stroller's storage compartment-thing underneath the seat. Besides a black bag (the only way you could tell it was baby-related was the embroidered elephant on the side), there was also a small cooler bag. Reaching inside it he pulled out a bottle filled with apple juice. Removing the secure lid, he switched passed the bottle to Zao. His son grabbed at the bottle and began to drink happily.

Turning back to Jeu-Hee, he smiled. “Best way to repay two guys is to go to lunch with them.” He didn't really wait for her to respond in the positive or negative but began to replace Zao in the stroller. After he was securely buckled in, and still firmly attached to his bottle, Xiao looked back at Jeu-Hee again. “Come on! A baby's empty stomach waits for no one.
Xiao Yu
Xiao Yu
PENDING

-Case File-
Writer:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:14 am

Ack, serious moment was serious! The young ambassador did NOT like that a serious moment had now dared to enter their day of fun and games! That would not do at all! It was like work, and they had cut work today. Hehe, were they back in high school? Not that she had ever actually been to high school, but that was besides the point! Jeu-Hee followed a few steps after the father and son that were toddling along so comfortably, tilting her head slightly as she watched the baby lead them onward. He was going to grow into a fine young man someday. She could just tell. After all, he did have an excellent role model! Maybe she would be lucky enough to meet the man that Zao became and get to keep playing with him throughout the years... Wouldn't that be something! Haha, but now she was talking like some old woman and that would hardly do. So with a bright smile, she skipped twice with a giggle as Zao drank his apple juice. He certainly knew what he wanted!

“Best way to repay two guys is to go to lunch with them.” Mreowr? Wait, she wasn't a cat. Oh whatever, who was really paying attention anyways? With a couple of blinks, Jeu-Hee grinned, "Absolutely! I know this fantastic place nearby too!" Heehee, it was where Ayden and her had met. Oh Ayden.... “Come on! A baby's empty stomach waits for no one.” "That is certainly the truth. "Onward!" Drawing an imaginary sword, another giggle came spilling forth as she led their trio onward and through the streets of their home, her own stomach beginning to growl amidst the lightness that was her body.

[EXIT THREAD]

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down