Modern Day Alchemists
WHY AREN'T YOU SIGNED IN!$#%@? -sends Aurel after you-

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Modern Day Alchemists
WHY AREN'T YOU SIGNED IN!$#%@? -sends Aurel after you-
Modern Day Alchemists
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» This is the end I fear
Oops...May of overslept a little EmptySat Mar 19, 2022 4:18 pm by Reila Tsukino

» Best wishes
Oops...May of overslept a little EmptyThu Sep 17, 2020 12:08 pm by Reila Tsukino

» Simon Eris
Oops...May of overslept a little EmptyFri Nov 15, 2013 1:57 pm by ChaosAlchemist

» Pumpkin Spice
Oops...May of overslept a little EmptyWed Nov 06, 2013 4:13 pm by Rhea Stevenson

» BARBERSHOP BRUNCH, BRO'S.
Oops...May of overslept a little EmptyWed Nov 06, 2013 12:54 pm by Wolfgang Murinyo

» Training Private Daw (Open to Amestrian Militants Only)
Oops...May of overslept a little EmptyMon Nov 04, 2013 6:07 pm by Dawsic

» AKI'S NEW FORUM
Oops...May of overslept a little EmptyMon Oct 21, 2013 12:59 am by Silvac

» Baldursdóttir, Ymir [done]
Oops...May of overslept a little EmptyThu Oct 17, 2013 5:56 pm by Jay Furor

» Practice Makes PERFECTION
Oops...May of overslept a little EmptyMon Oct 14, 2013 11:19 am by Zayne O'Reilly

» Just a Checkup
Oops...May of overslept a little EmptyThu Oct 10, 2013 8:55 am by Crassus

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 74 on Wed Sep 10, 2014 4:45 am
Join us on Facebook!

Oops...May of overslept a little

2 posters

Go down

Oops...May of overslept a little Empty Oops...May of overslept a little

Post by Theo Chulainn Sun Dec 18, 2011 10:51 pm

Don't you always hate that horrible feeling you get when you wake up and you feel worse then you did when you fell asleep. So you lay there for a while trying to will away the horrible gunky feeling. Then you'll slowly cast your eyes to the alarm clock expecting it to be only the early hours but to your horror its almost 10 o'clock in the morning and your late for work or school. Well this was the poor fate of a certain temperature controlling alchemist.

He remembered his eyes flickering open in the twilight hours. But everything was blurry and dark. His brain was warming up and this was a trail event as shortly after his lids dropped like a steel door and he slept for several more hours. The mask had been removed a few days prior so He looked as though he was asleep at home. Though his golden brown hair was now shoulder length having seemed to of grown quickly over the past few months. It was noon when Acra's eyes slowly blinked open stopping half closed as he looked around. His mouth was dry as though he had been chewing cotton and his eyes sore and heavy. Sensitive to the bright lights and the stark whiteness. It gave him a headache and his arm protested when he tried to lift his arm to shield his eyes.

Hurried footsteps alerted his ears as his brothers face swam into his vision. " Acra!!! Your awake!!" He could of sworn he saw tears in his brothers eyes but he shook it off as the drowsiness. His brother never cried...maybe laughter tears but that was it. He tried to speak but his lips where cracked and it took his mind a while to work out what to say. He wanted one person right now. He had confronted himself during the darkness and now his questions had been answered. Shula...He loved her...totally and utterly.... He had dreamed an entire life with her. Dating...living together....proposing and getting married.... There first child...a son with his hair and Shula's eyes. Who they would teach Alchemy to. Then a second...the perfect little girl, his princess for him to love, protect and spoil. He had stood there and watched this dream life pass in front of him. Him and Shula growing old together....And this was truly the only thing he wanted.

After a few failed attempts he managed to lift his hand to his face. Letting the back of his hand gently fall over his eyes. Huh? Wetness....then he felt the water drops leak from his eyes slide down his face along his ears and soak the pillow and hair below. He was crying... His throat raw he couldn't help but give a dry rusty laugh. His voice deep and gravely as he laughed more. He was alive...He was back in the real world! He was home! " Al...aric... I'm...home..." He croaked as he laughed and sobbed heavily in a hiccupped remix. He felt a hand clasp his other hot and sweaty. A worn chuckle joined his horrible mess of a laugh. " Welcome home...baby brother..." Alaric's voice was tired and stressed with tears a lump in his throat causing his Adam’s apple to bob like a seizer. But he had never smiled wider.

After an hour and the gathering of his mother Acra had be assisted to sitting up against a mound of soft pillows. He had requested his phone and with shaky thumbs he slowly typed out the first text.

To:Shula

Oops...I may of overslept a little

He pressed send and felt his heart do another set of rollercoaster rides that sent it looping and speeding. Licking his dry lips and making a mental note for chap stick he set to work on pain staken hard work of sending a message to his boss.

To:Spade

You owe me a fucking beer twat!

That had been a little easier but he settled back in the pillows and smiled. Soon...She'd be here.
Theo Chulainn
Theo Chulainn
PENDING

-Case File-
Level: 1
Writer:

Back to top Go down

Oops...May of overslept a little Empty Re: Oops...May of overslept a little

Post by Shula Brighton Sat Dec 24, 2011 2:46 am

Things had settled in South's HQ and become a dull pattern of work, little changing for Shula other than her bars, title and that she had that much more paperwork to do. It was like running Spade's office, her department and all others all at once. Still, she managed; Shula came early and left late, spending most of her time in her office working to do everyhting that didn't get done by her employees during the day, whatever was called in from Central that needed her looking over for whatever reason, or her quietly devoting time to researching for her next installments. Though not set to any certain time, Shula had settled into a pattern of things she normally did. If she wasn't at work, she was at home with Fenris, or in the Sphere Gardens. If she wasn't in either of those places, she was at work unless it was one of her days off. If it was one of her days off and she wasn't in the gardens or at home, she was at the hospital, visiting her sleeping friend.

She'd just been to see Acra a few days ago. She'd brought him another fresh bouquet to his room from the gardens. Alaric had only popped in briefly, so the visit had mostly just been her and the sleeping alchemist. Shula had sang for him in Ishvallan, an old song about the desert blooming into a garden oasis after an annual rain. It was kind of like singing about South in general, even though the song was far older than either of them could think of. His hair had been getting long, too, she'd noticed. Shula had combed her fingets through it while she talked and sang to a person who might not have even heard her as she wondered what he dreamt about. It had become her weekend ritual, almost as unchanging as waves of water.

Shula was nearly caught up and almost ahead in her work when her phone buzzed violently in her pocket. Only a few people texted her while she was working; Raistlin would never reach her that way since it was too easy to trace. Fenris would if he needed something, or Csilla if she was bored. Sometimes Papa did to check on her, or Spade to let her know if he was heading that way or not or if he needed her to do something for him from her office. Lazily Shula reached into her pocket to see who it was.

To:Shula
Oops...I may of overslept a little

Small hands shook holding her cellphone, eyes wide and her breath holding as she read the message over a few more times. Alaric wouldn't joke about that. He knew that was just cruel. She checked the number again; it was definitely Acra's phone number. Oh God... Acra?! Her heart thumped heavily in her ears, the world moving in slow motion as she slammed her work shut on her desk, grabbed her keys and ran out of her office, barely taking a moment to pant to her poor secretary that she was leaving for the afternoon and to clear any remaining appointments. Shula didn't stop at her flat to change her clothes. She didn't stop at the store to get flowers or sweets or beer. Instead her little beater punchbug sped through South as though she were racing some hot rod. The tiny General ran through the corridors past the nurses and other rooms, part of her mind telling her that it was some cruel joke or that Acra's phone had reset and was sending out old texts from months ago. She would get to his room and Acra would still be asleep on the bed and her phone would start buzzing again as she got every message he sent to her before they left for Drachma.

Panting in the doorway, Shula stopped, gripping the frame as she tried to catch her breath. She saw him there in his bed where she'd left him, though now sitting up, propped in place by several pillows. Long golden-brown hair hung around his shoulders, and blue eyes were open. Open. It had been August when she last saw Acra's eyes open and loooking at her. The last time she'd seen him conscious was on that rooftop when he didn't look so good from so many times hitting his head. She didn't see Acra again until she'd been in North a few days and they were leaving. Acra had been found long after they'd fled to Briggs, the alchemist rescued and carried out by the giant bear of a doctor that had popped Shula's shoulder for her. She had refused to believe it was Acra, seeing him like that. Refused to let go as she climbed into his bed and clung to him, sobbing into his chest and nearly beating any nurse who tried to pry her from him.

"....A....A-Acra...."

Tears welled in her eyes and ran down her cheeks. To hell with the torture she'd gone through to learn to suppress her feelings. Laying there with him in that awful room in North, the agonizing sound of his heartbeat drumming so slowly in her ears. That sound even worse that came when that beating went silent and was replaced by a shrill, lingering beep. Then and only then were they able to rip the General from him and force her out of the room and far enough away to keep her out of the way while they scrambled to bring him back. She'd fainted in the hall. Spade threw a fit and started tearing the empty half of Acra's room apart. Acra had been revived but after that wouldn't wake up. August... Since August he'd been asleep and there'd been no way of knowing when or even if Acra would wake up. There were always comments of him improving or doing better, and now he was breathing on his own, but...

Unsteady steps rushed forward, blue uniform-clad arms reaching out to wrap around Acra's shoulders, her damp face burying itself into his neck as she squeezed him gently. "Oh, Acra! You're awake! And I..m-missed.. you...." Shula's voice choked as she cumbled slightly, crying onto Acra's neck and shoulder in happiness and relief. Her best friend was awake and alive again and she was holding him here and now.
Shula Brighton
Shula Brighton
PENDING

-Case File-
Level: 4
Writer:

Back to top Go down

Post by Theo Chulainn Sat Dec 24, 2011 4:21 am

"....A....A-Acra.…"

His heart fluttered at that sound as he looked up to her. His hair now past his shoulders. The tips just messaging his back slightly. He smiled brightly as she came foreword. He arms wrapped round him like they had many times in his dream but....these where real....they radiated warmth. The touch of skin on skin he gently raised his own still heavy limbs wrapping them round her waist and pulled her closer. A quick glimpse and furrow of eyebrows towards his brother made the made give a quick excuse of other patients to make sure weren't dead he left the room.

"Oh, Acra! You're awake! And I..m-missed.. you.…" She was buried in his neck and he gently released her lifting his hands to her face. With the more use they slowly woke up more as he gently tilted her head to face him. He kissed away the tears softly. " Shula....oh Shula..." Each gap was filled with a soft kiss on her skin. Kissing away a tear. His voice sounded husky but not from the emotion. You try sleeping on your back since August and not have a massive frog in your throat. It was kinder the reason he texted people not rang. If he had called Shula may of taught it was some creepy pervert trying to get some thrill. "Shula....Through out the nightmares...the unwanted memories.....you...you brought me back...." He littered her face with soft strokes and kisses. Gulping a few times trying to clear that lump.

"I...I had a wonderful dream..... A life with you...." He blushed softly resting his forehead against her own. " We....we got married Shula....We had a wonderful son with your eyes that followed your footsteps...And...our princess...we had a daughter too...a little girl..." His eyes welled with tears as he told her. Though there was much to say he wanted to tell her. Now before like many dreams it would be forgotten. Though he prayed to who ever watched over him that he would never forget that dream. That he would dream it many times. Or like those odd dreams...be a prediction.

He bit his lower lip softly before smiling. " I heard you too....many times...You kept the nightmares away so many times..." He stroked her hair back his hands shaking a little. " Shula...All i had to do for god knows how long is reflect on my life. The parties...the consent need for my fathers love....the string of useless girlfriends who only saw me as a walking wad of cash...The family money.... I don't want them anymore. I don't care about it....all I want is a life by your side....be it as a husband or friend...." He licked his lips to wet them slightly, making a note to get Wallace to bring him chap stick. Though...Shula's lips looked well moisturised....maybe she wouldn't mind him borrowing some...she had once kissed her fingers then pressed them to his lips.... He slowly lent foreword bring them closer. Just before there lips met. " Shula I love you....truely and completely...I live...only for you..." And with that he placed his lips to her in a soft chaste kiss.
Theo Chulainn
Theo Chulainn
PENDING

-Case File-
Writer:

Back to top Go down

Post by Shula Brighton Sun Dec 25, 2011 4:54 am

Large arms wrapped around shula's tiny frame, the thick muscles softened after months of sleeping and disuse. He seemed to be struggling to hold them up and fighting to keep them moving, but the fact that he was moving this much to Shula was a wonder, even though she knew he had weeks of rehab ahead of him ata least. He wouldn't be fully able to use everything all at once, and his brother had said it would be a slow recovery process once he was awake and they could assess the total damage. Shula brushed the thought aside for now. He could take all the recovery time he needed. Nobody would begrudge him that.

Her cheeks were covered in small kisses and his hands, both working to clear away the happy tears that streamed down her cheeks. Her best friend was alive again. How could she not cry? His voice sounded so rough, so tired.. she'd see about getting him a juicebox. In a minute, though... she was a bit busy basking in happiness for the moment. His forehead pressed against hers, the way she'd pressed them together before, months ago. She'd... helped bring him back? Coming and talking every week had helped the way she wanted it to? Shula smiled, closing her eyes and letting her hand cup Acra's cheek.

Warm affection resonated from her core, her soft palm stroking his cheek and occasionally straying to play with the long golden locks that framed his face and hung so much longer than they had before. It needed a good washing and styling, but it was still as silky as ever. "I...I had a wonderful dream..... A life with you.... We....we got married Shula....We had a wonderful son with your eyes that followed your footsteps...And...our princess...we had a daughter too...a little girl..." Shula's breath held. Hold the phone?! Married and kids in his dream? Shula felt her heart race. Those were things she maybe wanted someday, yes, but she'd been fighting pretty hard with her own family that she wasn't going to just get married and have children because it was expected of her and her duty. That sounds lovely, but I'm nowhere NEAR ready for that kind of life..! She let out her breath, quelling the slight panic. No, no. Acra was telling her about his dreams and she'd let him say whatever he had the strength to.

I forgot how much I missed your voice... Acra's hands were shaking a little, and Shu wondered if he was starting to tire himself out from over-exerting himself so much. Surely his family had already come to look in on him and welcome him back. But on the other hand, she could see why he might not want to roll obver and go back to sleep; after sleeping for months, she'd be afraid she wouldn't wake up again. Shula...All i had to do for god knows how long is reflect on my life. The parties...the consent need for my fathers love....the string of useless girlfriends who only saw me as a walking wad of cash...The family money.... I don't want them anymore. I don't care about it....all I want is a life by your side....be it as a husband or friend...." Her heart trembled, tears welling and falling freely over her cheeks, even though she doubted they had stopped.

As a husband or a friend... Shula couldn't hep but smile, pushing her racing thoughts aside for now as she tried to wipe her own cheeks clear with her free hand. She sniffled softly. [color-green]"Good. Becuase you're not allowed to go that far away from me again. Ever. I was afraid, Acra.. I was SO afraid you wouldn't come back..."[/color] Her face was pulled a bit closer to his, Shula not noticing just then about the proximity of their faces.

"Shula I love you....truely and completely...I live...only for you..." Warm yet chapped lipps pressed to hers very gently, the kiss soft and sweet, not aggressive or invasive. It was affectionate and innocent. Her cheeks shot red, a small breath exhaling. A kiss she'd been waiting on for so very long was pressed to her lips, and Shula couldn't help but return the gesture, her own just as reserved and sweet. She pulled away slowly, fingers shaking and cheeks burning as she gently pushed Acra back into his pillows. The last thing she needed was for the nurses to throw her out for getting their very delicate patient too overworked.

"I'm so glad you're back," she said at last, the smile on her face broad and shining with all the sun's warmth as she cupped his cheek, sitting on the side of his bed. For a long moment all she could do was sit and look at him, holding his cheek and just letting it sink in. Acra was alive. Alive and awake and part of her world again. "Central... is still pretty much a pile of rubble. So I requested that you be transferred to working under me, when you can work again." Shula leaned forward, turning her body slightly so she could lay her head against his shoulder and chest, her arm reaching around him. "So you'll be staying here in South where I can keep an eye on you and see you..." She tried not to cling and she tried to lessen her crying, but having him here and back filled something in her heart that she thought wouldn't mend, like the dead coming back. And that was something worth clinging to.
Shula Brighton
Shula Brighton
PENDING

-Case File-
Writer:

Back to top Go down

Post by Theo Chulainn Sun Dec 25, 2011 7:24 am

She had kissed him back, His heart went racing into a grand national gallop soaring over the fences. But calmed as she laid him back down on the bed amongst the soft pillows he felt his lids droop a little. But he quickly shook his head and laughed slightly. "I'm so glad you're back," She cupped his face lovingly and all he could do was smile placing his tired hand over hers. "Central... is still pretty much a pile of rubble. So I requested that you be transferred to working under me, when you can work again." She lay gently on him and he wrapped his arm around her. Holding her close almost fearing this was another dream that would fade into the darkness. "So you'll be staying here in South where I can keep an eye on you and see you..." He laughed softly kiss her forehead brushing any remaining tears away. " You working over me? How kinky..." He joked softly.

Relaxing with her he felt content just listening to her breath beside him. "So...I work in south now? What am I doing? The same thing as before?" He questioned. Nuzzling her he grinned. "Do we get a coffee machine? A good one this time?" His voice was getting more and more tired as his lids dropped again. But he refused to sleep. He had slept enough.
Theo Chulainn
Theo Chulainn
PENDING

-Case File-
Writer:

Back to top Go down

Post by Shula Brighton Tue Dec 27, 2011 4:05 am

There was somehting amazing about laying with her head against Acra's chest again. Something that made her so happy, like every inch of her had missed it. Missed his smell, missed his warmth, missed him. Her best friend was back. He was back and she was snuggling him. All they needed were some beers and a dumb movie to joke about and they'd be set, but knowing Alaric it'd be some time before he'd sign off to let Acra have beer in his system, especially after the stink he'd made about Acra's coffee habits.

"You working over me? How kinky..." Shu went quiet for a moment. Acra'd only recently regained consciousness, sounded exhausted and was going to tire himself out talking... and was cracking jokes. Shula laughed. The sound was warm, light, and loving. Acra's voice, tired though it was, was filling her ears and he was making goofy jokes again. OH how she'd missed this! She was almost feeling she'd start crying again from happiness. Instead, she smirked playfully, not moving away from his chest, clinging to the sound of his heartbeat and how his words reverberated through his chest.

"Yup, you work under me now. Be good or I'll use a shocking collar." There was a certain level of comfortable she'd reached with Acra, ages ago, that they could joke about a wide variety of things most other people might not. She could be teasing and sarcastic with him, and he could tease right back. They could prank each other, and go out for drinks. So little was awkward between them, and even when they'd butted heads, they always forgiven so easily. Acra had even seen her at some of her easkest moments when she'd had to fight to swallow her pride or admit she was wrong, and he'd been big enough to not tease her about the things he knew would hurt her badly.

"So...I work in south now? What am I doing? The same thing as before? Do we get a coffee machine? A good one this time?" He sounded so tired, and it felt like he must have been struggling to move his arms the little that he was. But given how long he'd been sleeping she was amazed he was moving at all, and she wondered how many months of rehab he'd be in for. However long it was, Shula had decided then and there that she'd take off work as many afternoons as she needed to to go to rehab with him if he wanted her there. Her eyes closed, sighing with a contented chuckle against his chest.

"You can oversee the forensics department still since you really are one of the best Central had. Most of Central's soldiers are here with us in South until Central's rebuilt. But your new job gives you your own office, and if you ask me really nicely, I'll see about getting a Starbucks put in South's HQ with prepaid coffee." Infinite Starbucks that Acra didn't have to pay for. He may never leave work. Shula giggled to herself faintly, giving a gentle squeeze to his midsection. "I want you to be my second in command, Acra. You're smart, brave, and I know you can keep me on track. And I know I can trust you to give orders and look after everyone if I can't for any reason." Shula looked up to him slowly, ear still pressed to his body, arm still clinging to his chest as though he might vanish. She almost looked like a small, shy Fennec fox as her red eyes looked up at him. "It's totally your choice, but... will you accept the job, Acra?"
Shula Brighton
Shula Brighton
PENDING

-Case File-
Writer:

Back to top Go down

Post by Theo Chulainn Wed Dec 28, 2011 3:44 am

He battled to keep his eyes open, but the simple task was becoming harder as he rested her head on hers and listened to her a smile on his lips. "You can oversee the forensics department still since you really are one of the best Central had. Most of Central's soldiers are here with us in South until Central's rebuilt. But your new job gives you your own office, and if you ask me really nicely, I'll see about getting a Starbucks put in South's HQ with prepaid coffee." He couldn't help but grin and chuckle. Now that he was looking foreword to. "I want you to be my second in command, Acra. You're smart, brave, and I know you can keep me on track. And I know I can trust you to give orders and look after everyone if I can't for any reason." His eyes shot open as he looked up mouth open agape ready to catch an passing fly. "Excuse me? You want me to be second?" He blinked almost as if he had miss heard her but no. He smiled and leaned foreword though it was hard and his body protested. He kissed her forehead. "I accept." He gave her enough soft kiss on the lips before resting his head on the pillow smiling. "Guess...." He yawned his exhaustion kicking in. "I need to hurry back to work..." His sentenced died slowly as soon he was back asleep. Though it was safe to say he would wake up again in eight to twelve hours.

Two Day's later

Acra Had woken up eleven hours after he had fallen asleep and to much of the enjoyment of his brother's ego was showing the benefits of his care. Today the pyshio therapist had come to start his daily sessions. Acra was sat up propped in the pillows and the electronic lifting back of the bed. On his side was several language learning books. One for Creig, one for Xing and one for Ishvallan. When one was stuck in his room for a long period on his own with limited use. He had requested Wallace would bring him something useful. And in the end he chose to learn a few more languages. Creig and Xing for they where both nations with growing economical value. He chuckled bitterly as he clearly was doing something to make his father proud for once when the books was placed in front of him. And then Ishvallan, Shula was a proud Ishvallan woman. And part of him couldn't help but want to share some of it with her. He was curious as it was something seldom touched in his life. You try being the son to the biggest biggot in the land.

But now the books where placed aside a fine leather book mark placed a few pages in on the Ishvallan one as the Therapist held his hand gently and helped him move his fingers, then his wrist and then followed by the whole arm. Then repeat the process until it was strong enough for him to try on his own. He glanced over to the therapist his brother had called her Doctor Oakly. She was Cretan born and moved here for work. She had pretty brunette hair pulled into a loose ponytail and soft honey brown eyes. Her face was done up but in a professional manner and her body wasn't so bad either. He remembered the elbow in the ribs from his brother murmuring that he should....on quote 'Tap that'. But no...All he could think of was the girl who held his heart in a box. He glanced behind the therapist to the clock wondering if Shula was coming to visit today he wanted to ask her help on a pronunciation he couldn't quite get from the book. And well he wanted to see if the phrases he had learnt would make her smile. And if she had any constructive criticism. Signing as he slowly tried to flew his fingers wrist elbow then touch his shoulder on his own this time he let his mind go back to concentrating on his therapy. After all he needed to get back to work.

Theo Chulainn
Theo Chulainn
PENDING

-Case File-
Writer:

Back to top Go down

Post by Shula Brighton Sat Dec 31, 2011 5:00 am

Rehab, as Shula knew all too well, was a pain in the ass. Your body ached and didn't want to move the way it was supposed to, and when you made it move the way it should and told it that YOU were the boss, your body replied with 'Well, I'm gonna HURT now and you've just gotta suck it, so NEENER." Really, the body was such a child sometimes. The massages for the therapy were usually pretty nice, but the physical strain was exhausting physically and emotionally; learning to walk and use your body as a baby came naturally and you weren't frustrated by it since it was discovery and you'd had some practice in utero. Having to relearn basic skills like holding a pen to write as an adult when you KNEW how to do these things had a habit of making you lose faith in yourself entirely. She knew very well how frustrating it was.

It had been a small wonder that Acra had managed to punch out the letters for a text message, even if that was just poking it with one finger and one letter at a time. Relearning dexterity was a bitch. Shula wasn't able to come every day after work; some days work didn't really end. She would think she was leaving and then something ELSE would demand her attention or else the world might end, Mr. Greene would flip tables about their finances, the water pumps would stop working, the sky would turn chartreuse and rain popsicles.... It really didn't end, especially with so many displaced soldiers in South waiting to all move back to Central in more than just a unit at a time. Exciting as it was, it was also overwhelming and meant that Shula stayed late and slept little, hence her pervious routines to visit Acra only being on her days off. But now that he was awake and in physio and talking again? He needed the moral support more than she needed the sleep.

Shula walked to Acra's room, a few thin files tucked under her arm. Since he just woke up the first things he'd be working with here his hands and arms, according to his nurse. She'd left work on time and snuck out so nobody could catch her and make her do extra work, fully intending to go back to her office when Acra needed to resume resting. Wish I knew where my massage therapist in Central went to, she was the best... Her knuckles rapped on Acra's door lightly before coming in. There was a young woman in a white coat and scrubs attending to Acra; his physical therapist, she'd wager. Shula stepped into the room all the way with a warm smile and gave a small wave.

"Hey Acra... Got your hands full, I see." She grinned a little. She was allowed to tease him just a bit, wasn't she? Shula set the files down and took a seat in the chair near Acra's bed, watching as Acra moved his hand and arm and the young doctor kneaded at the muscles. She reached out and patted the top of Acra's thigh through his blankets, her eyes and tone caring. "How you holding up?"
Shula Brighton
Shula Brighton
PENDING

-Case File-
Writer:

Back to top Go down

Post by Theo Chulainn Sat Dec 31, 2011 5:29 am

The slight knock on the door made him perk up at look to the door as Shula entered his grin doubled in size. He had been waiting all day to see her. And though he knew she was tired he wanted her close. Maybe she could sleep here with him. The bed was longer decked with any equipment just a side table. "Hey Acra... Got your hands full, I see." She smiled at the joke and walked over patting his thigh. "How you holding up?"

He smiled deciding he could use this as a chance to show off and impress her. Maybe she could give some advice on his pronunciation. "Evening Shula. I am well." He chuckled switching back to Amestrian. "Though incredible boredness means I got to fill up my time a bit." He watched as the doctor finally was done and murmured she would see him tomorrow heading out the door. Acra winced as he wriggled his fingers trying to ignore the slight ache. Gently taking her hands in this he kissed the top of it giving a light tug towards the bed. "Come lay with me.....How has everything been in the office?" He was egar to hear how south HQ was doing. He didn't want to walk in and not know what on earth he was going on.
Theo Chulainn
Theo Chulainn
PENDING

-Case File-
Writer:

Back to top Go down

Post by Shula Brighton Sat Dec 31, 2011 4:41 pm

The pretty young doctor left the room, Acra looking like he was trying to ignore that he hurt all over. Yeah, that was physio for you. It was like a game of chicken to see how long it would be before you complained about the pain, no matter what your threshold was. Shula reached up, undoing her uniform's jacket and pushing it over the back of the chair, tilting her neck from side to side to pop it. Man... these late nights really were starting to get to her. If it kept up she wouldn't even know what day it was naymore and just be a walking zombie, especially now that she hadn't had caffiene in months and that it wouldn't affect her in the slightest.

"Evening Shula. I am well." Well that was a surprise. The words were stiff and forced, and instead of saying that he was well in Ishvallan, he'd very nearly said that he was "even more" in Amestrian. The sounds in the back of your throat were similar to how one said auch, but it was easy to tell listening that he was reading the vowels and altered letters the way, well, a native Amestrian would. Ishvallan was a hard ass language. Shula giggled lightly.

"Well, I've brought some tings for you to read to freshen up your brai, so hopefully the boredome won't make you rot as fast." Acra tugged lightly on her hand, pulling her toward the wide bed and felt herself standing up to move onto it to snuggle. "Just for a few minutes... I can't go falling asleep right now or I won't get anything done." Shula moved onto the side of the bed, careful to not bump into anywhere that had had IV's running before. Poor puppy already had enough bruises and things all over him from the line that had been on him for months. Her arm moved gently around Acra's midsection, Shula's head meeting the lower part of Acra's chest as she let out a tired sigh. Yeah, can't fall asleep on him or get too comfy... I've got too much to do right now... But damn he's comfy...

"Things at the office have been busy. New Chancellor in charge and he's setting up a massive party. I've got at least half of Central's staff in the building with me so I've been going out of my mind trying to keep them all occupied and happy." Shula squeaked out a small, stifled yawn. Busy really was an understatment. "Trying to coordinate things to help hurry and get Central HQ fully rebuilt on top of everything else... It's been a madhouse. At least here you get cable and pudding." She giggled faintly, turning her head to glance over at the files she'd brought Acra.

"I brought you some forensics files to look over and see what you could make of the arrays. No real rush, but your opinion would be appreciated." She'd brought him files, but the side table also boasted a few language work boobs with bookmarks sticking out of them, and Acra was butchering Ishvallan nicely. "So what prompted you to try Ishvallan? It's almost as hard as Xingese." She giggled again, knowing she was picking on him, but only in a way that she knew he wouldn't take seriously.
Shula Brighton
Shula Brighton
PENDING

-Case File-
Writer:

Back to top Go down

Post by Theo Chulainn Sun Jan 01, 2012 9:19 pm

He blushed slightly as she giggled. Did he say it wrong? Was his accent funny? Was he really butchering it? He blushed slightly and gave a shy crooked smile. But it melted into a soft smile as she cuddled into his chest. "Well, I've brought some tings for you to read to freshen up your brain, so hopefully the boredom won't make you rot as fast." He smiled as she cuddled to him. "Just for a few minutes... I can't go falling asleep right now or I won't get anything done." He leaned down to kiss the top of her head with a soft chuckle. “Stay…Stay for as long as you want…” He murmured into her hair.

"Things at the office have been busy. New Chancellor in charge and he's setting up a massive party. I've got at least half of Central's staff in the building with me so I've been going out of my mind trying to keep them all occupied and happy. Trying to coordinate things to help hurry and get Central HQ fully rebuilt on top of everything else... It's been a madhouse. At least here you get cable and pudding." He twirled a lock of snow white hair around his finger and chuckled. “ So Father and Erik havn’t taken over yet? That’s a shock…then again I bet father isn’t willing to go into the same room as a Ishvallan.” He scoffed lightly. “Though Alaric said I can go to the party as long as I don’t drink and stay in my chair…” He was actually looking foreword to seeing the new gardens he had read about in the papers. Or feel the sun’s warmth on his face.

"I brought you some forensics files to look over and see what you could make of the arrays. No real rush, but your opinion would be appreciated." Work already? Normally he would moan about work during his time off. Especially paper work but for once in his life he was glad that there was something to do. There wasn’t much to do between physio, Alaric’s check over’s and visits… He was rather bored. Not to mention very paranoid about sleeping. He was scared about not waking up again. So there wasn’t much to do but lie there. Hence the reason for the decision to pick up some languages.

"[color=green]So what prompted you to try Ishvallan? It's almost as hard as Xingese." He chuckled. “[color=green]Well Xingese is in the mix to.” He kissed her forehead as he contemplated his answer. “Well…my father is well a massive racist. He doesn’t let on in public but he’s very pro Amestrian blood. The fit he had when my first girlfriend was Cretan… well you can image it.” He clucked his tongue for a second before licking his lips to moisten them. “So me and my brothers never got the chance to learn much about other cultures…” He gave a soft noise as he squeezed her closer. His hand was aching softly and all he wanted was a nice dose of pain relief to get rid of it. “ So with you in my life…I guess I want to know a bit more…feel a bit closer…and well can’t have you calling me names in a language I don’t know.” He joked giving her sides a playful tickle.
Theo Chulainn
Theo Chulainn
PENDING

-Case File-
Writer:

Back to top Go down

Post by Shula Brighton Tue Jan 03, 2012 5:36 am

Snuggling against Acra's chest and having him be awake and alive and well and talking back was beyond lovely. He was warm and her arm was around him, and she could hear his heartbeat and it wasn't attached to machines hissing and beeping, meaning that horrible long beep that haunted her dreams could finally fade away. She'd never have to hear that long, heartbreaking note again. Acra was strong enough to cheat death and come back and now wake up and start rehab; that note wouldn't come up again. Ever, as far as she cared to think about it before she stopped thinking about it altogether, opting to focus on enjoying his company and how comfortable he was. As she relaxed against him she could feel her eyelids want to close, just for a few minutes. She'd keep talking, jsut... closing her eyes sounded good about now.

That’s a shock…then again I bet father isn’t willing to go into the same room as a Ishvallan. Though Alaric said I can go to the party as long as I don’t drink and stay in my chair…” Ahh, sweet racism. Didn't matter if she was a General or not or his youngest son's best friend and boss. Erik Sr. wouldn't be caught in the same room with her or take charge of the party things because she was Ishvallan. She shook her head faintly against him.

"Eh, doesn't bother me much, really. When I started at South I was part of a military integration program and got shit for it all the time, so you get used to it." She paused in thought, then giggled, grinning faintly to herself. "Though I'll totally wheelchair dance with you while you're there." His arm was warm around her, and Shula relaxed into him as his fingers idly played with her hair.

“Well…my father is well a massive racist. He doesn’t let on in public but he’s very pro Amestrian blood. The fit he had when my first girlfriend was Cretan… well you can image it.” Spite. That was always a fun reason to learn new things, at least at first until the novelty wore off. Shu chuckled faintly, thinking about how far she'd come in life when so much of her hard-headedness had just been started from her being spiteful and stubborn. “So me and my brothers never got the chance to learn much about other cultures…”

Shula nodded softly in understanding. "Yeah, I know how that goes, actually. My brother and I were both half-Amestrian, but that wasn't good enough for our grandparents, so we had to be as perfectly Ishvallan as possible with no room for anything else. So when we both started learning alchemy... Yeah, that went over famously. And now with him gone, they blame it onanything to do with Amestrians and the military." Even me. "Hell, I joined more out of spite than anything, and then once I got my State Alchemist certification I partly stayed on because I kept getting told I couldn't and shouldn't keep going."

Acra gave her another squeeze, hissing out through his nose at the pain. He was pushing himself, she could tell. He really didn't want to be stuck in this bed for long. Shula had always admired that about him, how determined he was, and self-sufficient. “ So with you in my life…I guess I want to know a bit more…feel a bit closer…and well can’t have you calling me names in a language I don’t know.” Eyes closed, Shula smiled warmly and squeezed around his waist gently, her head nuzzling around his solar plexus with a light giggle.

"I'd be happy to help teach you, Acra. And teasing you in other languages is fuuuun... Besides, you do it to me in Cretan. But if I can't pick on you in Ishvallan, I'll just have to do it in Aerugese."
Shula Brighton
Shula Brighton
PENDING

-Case File-
Writer:

Back to top Go down

Post by Theo Chulainn Tue Jan 03, 2012 6:47 pm

"I'd be happy to help teach you, Acra. And teasing you in other languages is fuuuun... Besides, you do it to me in Cretan. But if I can't pick on you in Ishvallan, I'll just have to do it in Aerugese."

He smiled and cupped her face tilting it up and gently kissing her lips. "Thank you...." He whispered pressing his forehead to hers softly. He wouldn't leave her again. Wallace had told him of his near death in North and he had admitted what had happened. How he got in that state.

In the cold flurry and confusion while trying to find her. In his desperate need to make sure she was safe he had encountered enemy soldiers. He was quick to attack rather stopping them before they stopped him. He had taken down a few but this troop where resilient and resisted his minor attacks of warmth. And yes he knew he could reach the temperatures of a volcano.

But heating frozen molecules is hard especially with so much water vapour in the air. So relying on his store heat. But when that was empty and his gun had failed. He remembered foggily the conversation with his brother. When he had designed his gauntlets. Alaric had forbidden him from absorbing his own body heat. But...this was life or death..... The outcome was heavily towards the death side. He had read up on body temperature. The lowest someone’s core body temperature had reached and for them to survive was 13.0 °C....as long as he didn't go lower there was a good chance he wouldn't kill himself.

He had blacked out shortly after he had absorbed his own body heat and redirected it into a blast of hot air towards the remaining soldiers. Then he had slept for so long...he had almost left this world for so long. He had almost left this world permanently. He had ask Wallace to not tell anyone. He did not want Alaric knowing.

Stroking Shula's hair he gave a content sigh. "I love you...I won't leave you again..." He whispered. "You can call me any name under the sun and i will still stay but please...can I call you mine?" He asked hoping for a answer his heart had prayed for. That he had dreamt of.

BANG!!! The door had slammed so hard against the wall he felt the entire room shake. Alaric stood there with a face of pure murder. He stomped over. "Shula move please." The man had barely given the Brigadier General time to scramble off his brother when he fisted the younger’s t-shirt collar and his fist collided with the other face with a horrid crack. The pure force had cause Acra's face to whip to the side. And was that...yup that was blood trickling down his chin and flooding his mouth. "WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK ALARIC!!!!!" He shouted at the other spitting the blood into the side dish that had once held his breakfast.
Theo Chulainn
Theo Chulainn
PENDING

-Case File-
Writer:

Back to top Go down

Post by Shula Brighton Sun Jan 08, 2012 1:55 am

Forehead to forehead, Shula was content for the moment. They were both somewhere safe (even if it smelled too much of sterilization goop and antiseptic and sick people), far, far away from the nightmare that was Drachma. Far away from the danger that had swallowed them all whole, and it was now easier to pretend, even if just for a few minutes that there had been no coma. That he'd only bee asleep for a night and today was a sick day. Tomorrow they could go out for beers and throw darts at the pub, or laugh as she screwed up her scratched at billiartds, or pouted as Acra teased and called her a scardey cat for not wanting on the back of his motorbike. As much of a thrill as it was knowing that the only thing that kept you from smearing on the asphault was holding on tight, Shula liked the illusion of safety her crusty little car brought her. Sure, it was old as hell, had no air bags and you had to pull the convertible top up by hand but dammit, the body of the ancient volkswagen was solid steel! If she crashed into a newer car, even a bigger one, that little old car would still come out on top. It was a tiny, powder blue and cream tank.

Acra's warmth held her there against him, his hand petting down thick white hair. "I love you...I won't leave you again... You can call me any name under the sun and I will still stay but please...can I call you mine?" Her heart froze in her mouth, causing Shu to curl into herself just a bit. That was such a scary question, especially knowing what the necklace meant and the scolding his mother had given her. She needed to..

"Acra, I-"

The words had come out timid and faint as breath against glass that vanished in the light of morning within seconds, and were suddenly stopped short by the sound and feel of the room's door slamming open and against the wall hard enough to make Shula jump, her mind flashing back instinctively to attacks. She looked to the door in shock. There wasn't a Drachman there, armed to the teeth and ready to kill them. The inhuman beast of a man that Shula had chucked the trashcan lid at after stepping into the grisly scene of his carnage against her friends and coworkers was not there now, ready to finish what she'd helped interrupt. "Shula, move please." Instead, it was Acra's older brother Alaic, though it was confusing and she must have still been stuck in her thoughts; if looks could kill, Acra would have been-- HOLY FUCKING SHIT HE JUST DECKED HIS BABY BROTHER!!?!

Shula gasped and yelped in pure surprise as Alaric gripped the bedridden man upward and punched hard into his face, the doctor causing blood to spurt down Acra's face. For a moment, she froze, her brain in a panic. One many was beating another who was in no shape to defend himself. There was blood. Blood. Blood on Acra's face and dripping onto the stark white sheets. Her breath froze, eyes wide as her brain overlapped images that Shula had to fight with not being there. "WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK ALARIC!!!!!" Acra's alarmed and rather pissed voice cut through the snow and darkness, letting them quickly dissolve back into hospital sheets and light. There were in South, in Amestris. They were safe And Acra's brother wanted to beat the snot out of him, literally.

There was a soft swishing noise and then Shu's hands were gripping around Alaric's swinging arm, the tiny General trying to stay the doctor's hand. "Alaric!! What's gotten into you?! Hyppocratic oath says to Harm None, remember!"
Shula Brighton
Shula Brighton
PENDING

-Case File-
Writer:

Back to top Go down

Post by Theo Chulainn Sun Jan 08, 2012 3:35 pm

"Alaric!! What's gotten into you?! Hyppocratic oath says to Harm None, remember!" Alaric gave a soft sharp laugh shaking his brother slightly his clench fist that was knotted in the shirt shaking from the tension. "What about promise from brother to brother Shula!" He barked. He pulled Acra closer his lip curling in his anger. If the petite woman had not be holding his arm he would a flung another punch across his confused face centring on his nose.

"You promised me Acra! I told you not to and you swore you wouldn't!!" He hissed between clench teeth as the other's eyes widened. "Wallace told you...." the voice was barely audible. Almost a breath then a whisper. "I...had no choice..." He mumbled looking down the blood from the spilt lip dripping down his chin onto the once clean white sheets.

"You had no choice....You had no choice!!!! YOU ALMOST KILLED YOURSELF!!! YOU DIED INFRONT OF SHULA!!! How the fuck did you think it felt for mother to come see you lying there covered in machines to make you breath! Have you not seen the way her health has dropped...the weight she lost... And Shula. Shula has come to visit you every week. Sat here talking to your fucking comatose face." He dropped Acra to rub at his face. His Adams apple bobbing in think gulps as he tried to swallow the tears that formed. "How do you think it felt.... For me to treat you...change your colostomy bag....watch and pray that you didn't go brain dead or worse..... " A thick sob escaped his lips but he tried to cough it down. "It's only us Acra....Father and Erik don't count....Its just You me and Mother.....We wouldn't of been able to cope if we had lost you...."

Acra's eyes where shining trying to hold back his tears. He really hadn't taught about the affect it had on Alaric but he could see it. The bags under his eyes. The worry lines the etched his face. The tired look that just never seemed to shake off from his eyes. He reached up slowly and hugged him tightly. "Alaric....I'm sorry.....Thank you..." He whispered softly reaching over to gently coax Shula into the hug. He owed her a large apology too.
Theo Chulainn
Theo Chulainn
PENDING

-Case File-
Writer:

Back to top Go down

Post by Shula Brighton Sat Jan 14, 2012 5:05 am

Alaric certainly didn't look it just from a glance, but he was a lot stronger than Shu had guessed he would be. That, or her own upper body strength failed when it came to a very pissed man. Or both. Alaric pulled his bleeding little brother closer to his face, but thankfull his other arm didn't try to puch again, though Shu had the clear impression that if he wanted to wrest free from her grip and beat the alchemist senseless, he very easily would have. Blood dripped carelessly from Acra's chin, staining his mouth, lips, chin and hospital shirt.

"I...had no choice..." Acra's reply was so soft, so... shamed, almost. His orders had been to stick to her and keep her safe, but he was already badly concussed; Shu didn't want him to get more insjured when he couldn't een stay standing. She'd sent Wagner up to the roof after him, but that was the last she'd seen of either of them until days later. Acra hadn't been on the airships as they retreated to Briggs; he hadn't been counted in the half-dead soldiers that they piled into the hospital. They hadn't found the alchemist anywhere with them. Those days in North Shula hadn't slept; she'd met and made arrangements with the pirates and tried to put everything under as friendly and pleasant a mask as she could, only to cover up that she was silently screaming the whole time. And then when Wagner had snuck back into Drachma with a team to recover whom he could after the rest had arrived safely in North, Shula hadn't found out about Acra until they'd already had him there, already dressed his head and hooked him to a monster of tubes and wires, days later. Already no longer looking like the best friend that was so dear to her.

The young doctor's temper flared, holding onto Acra as his anger dripped from his words, his anger and pure hurt. Shu understood and sympathized with Alaric completely, and their mother; she knew what it was like. The fighting abut whose fault it was, the helplessness... " -YOU ALMOST KILLED YOURSELF!!! YOU DIED INFRONT OF SHULA!!! How the fuck did you think it felt for mother to come see you lying there covered in machines to make you breath! Have you not seen the way her health has dropped...the weight she lost... And Shula. Shula has come to visit you every week. Sat here talking to your fucking comatose face." The constant talking and visiting someone they weren't even fully sure was even there anymore and using his face as a canvas. Shula's grip laxed on Alaric's arm as his voice began to choke with pain, feeling that knot of guilt and pain stinging in her own body. Acra had been trying to be so casual and smooth about such an emotional thing.

Finally Acra pulled his brother close to hug him tightly, Shula feeling her own heart ache. She'd never feel that again. But... she could be happy that Alaric and their mother wouldn't have to feel the same thing. Acra's hand moved out to beckon Shu into the hug, and she reached for a napkin on the bedisde tray as she moved forward. "Dummy..." There was no meanness in her voice as she sighed out the word, pressing the folded napkin to his bleeding face. She moved back down toward the bed, hugging her friend with one arm as she did her best to fit around Alaric. her other moving around to try and brush Acra's cheek. "We were worried sick, Acra... But now that you're recovering, promise I'll help you in rehab. I might even race wheelchairs with you." The thin chain weighed heavily in her pocket, knowing that it didn't belong there, but right now? Right now Acra needed her to be his support more than anything. "Just next time, Acra, please... please... Don't do anything like that ever again..."
Shula Brighton
Shula Brighton
PENDING

-Case File-
Writer:

Back to top Go down

Post by Theo Chulainn Sun Jan 15, 2012 12:03 pm

The soft pressure of the napkin to the cut he knew would scar over for a week at most. As she hugged him with Alaric. The guilt washed over him settling in his heart and aching. He shouldn't of done it....and in that retrospect he shouldn't have survived. No one on the list of the dead had pulled a stupid suicidal move. And now they weren’t ever coming back. Yet he who practically asked to die was here now with his family....with the person he loved most with a second chance...a promotion.... It made him feel sick to his stomach.

"]We were worried sick, Acra... But now that you're recovering, promise I'll help you in rehab. I might even race wheelchairs with you." He held her closer as Alaric stood up trying to recover some self pride and masculinity. He cradled her to him smiling softly at how well she fitted. How normal and natural just snuggling with her was. "Just next time, Acra, please... please... Don't do anything like that ever again…" soothing her hair he nodded softly. "I promise....Never again…." He kissed her head softly. 'I won't leave you again...'

[EXIT THREAD]
Theo Chulainn
Theo Chulainn
PENDING

-Case File-
Writer:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down