Modern Day Alchemists
WHY AREN'T YOU SIGNED IN!$#%@? -sends Aurel after you-

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Modern Day Alchemists
WHY AREN'T YOU SIGNED IN!$#%@? -sends Aurel after you-
Modern Day Alchemists
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» This is the end I fear
A Tale of Two Brothers EmptySat Mar 19, 2022 4:18 pm by Reila Tsukino

» Best wishes
A Tale of Two Brothers EmptyThu Sep 17, 2020 12:08 pm by Reila Tsukino

» Simon Eris
A Tale of Two Brothers EmptyFri Nov 15, 2013 1:57 pm by ChaosAlchemist

» Pumpkin Spice
A Tale of Two Brothers EmptyWed Nov 06, 2013 4:13 pm by Rhea Stevenson

» BARBERSHOP BRUNCH, BRO'S.
A Tale of Two Brothers EmptyWed Nov 06, 2013 12:54 pm by Wolfgang Murinyo

» Training Private Daw (Open to Amestrian Militants Only)
A Tale of Two Brothers EmptyMon Nov 04, 2013 6:07 pm by Dawsic

» AKI'S NEW FORUM
A Tale of Two Brothers EmptyMon Oct 21, 2013 12:59 am by Silvac

» Baldursdóttir, Ymir [done]
A Tale of Two Brothers EmptyThu Oct 17, 2013 5:56 pm by Jay Furor

» Practice Makes PERFECTION
A Tale of Two Brothers EmptyMon Oct 14, 2013 11:19 am by Zayne O'Reilly

» Just a Checkup
A Tale of Two Brothers EmptyThu Oct 10, 2013 8:55 am by Crassus

Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 74 on Wed Sep 10, 2014 4:45 am
Join us on Facebook!

A Tale of Two Brothers

Go down

A Tale of Two Brothers Empty A Tale of Two Brothers

Post by Guest Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:31 pm

Oh, Drachma. It had only been a month or two and yet... what a change had come over the country. Moscow was still recovering but... it was well on its way. Vladmir wasn't exactly sure how excited he was to be back. He was not a personal fan of the communism thing. But he had made a promise to his mother and at this point, he had not yet fulfilled it. When he had gone to the hospital to meet his long-lost brother, he had been more-or-less unsuccessful. It seemed that every member of the Drachman military was trying to see Ivanka that day. Vlad had managed to get a word in, mentioning that he had something to discuss about his father and he would contact him again when he was out of the hospital. Well, now he was out of the hospital. Vladmir had made a call when he first entered Drachma, speaking to Ivanka shortly on the phone. He had reminded him of the promise of their talk and Ivanka had agreed to meet with him.

And so here Vlad was, in the late afternoon at a small cafe on the outskirts of Moscow. It was in those awkward hours, after lunch but before dinner. Vlad had chosen this place for two reasons: one, privacy. The second was they made the most delicious sausage here. Vlad sat at a table to the side of the cafe, sipping at a glass of water. His backpack rested against his chair, his green coat thrown over the back. He waited patiently for his brother to appear so he could break the news. He only hoped it would go well. “Spartans! Prepare for glory!”* Well, Spartan he was not... but he definitely hoped that his current endeavor with his brother would end well. He admired Leonidas' strength and determination, but did not want his fate. And so he waited.

*King Leonidas, 300

Back to top Go down

A Tale of Two Brothers Empty Re: A Tale of Two Brothers

Post by Shula Brighton Fri Mar 16, 2012 4:16 pm

{BUMP}
Shula Brighton
Shula Brighton
PENDING

-Case File-
Level: 4
Writer:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:09 am

Vladmir Azarov. An enigmatic man who appeared as if from thin air one fateful day in a hospital in Moscow. In the wake of a tragic invasion by the brutish forces of the Amestrian militant dogs, he came bearing claims of news regarding Ivan Kolokovsky, Ivanka's beloved father. What news could this man have concerning someone who had died nearly ten years ago? Curiosity ebbed in Ivanka's mind once again when Vladmir had called him earlier this very day, requesting that they meet to discuss the cryptic message he had left him months ago in the hospital.
And so the half-mechanical titan approached the quaint road-side diner that rest on Moscow's outskirts. A small cafe that saw travelers arrive in the great jewel of Drachma, as well as see them go; Only a few ever stopped to enter in their busy commutes. Ivanka smiled pleasantly at a passing couple, who returned the gesture with warm familiarity. Many a man, woman, and child knew of Ivanka, symbol of the Drachman citizen. A commanding officer, leader of Kuvalda and servant of the grand Sekretar Alena; One with fire in his words and kindness in his heart. In the aftermath of Moscow's destruction, it was Ivanka who lent his strength to the effort to rebuild the city-- carrying loads of materials on his back like a human ox, and humbly refusing any special treatment for his status. Ivanka was a man of the people through in through, and a celebrity in denial of his celebrity.
So it hardly caused any major commotion --despite still being dressed in uniform-- when the towering man ambled in through the door with the chime of a bell ringing overhead. A moustachioed man smiled from behind the counter and exchanged greetings with Ivanka. After a brief word concerning politics --that Ivanka reinforced with positive words for Alena's government, which he had honest faith in-- he ordered a cup of hot cocoa. Bright violet eyes flitted about the room until finally resting upon a blond haired man sitting off to the side by his lonesome, whom he recognized as none other than the man he had met at the hospital.
"Privyet!" Ivanka exclaimed as he approached the table with a wide, amiable smile, eyes lit up with his infallible cheer. "It has been a while, friend. How are you enjoying being back in Drachma?" Ivanka took a seat across from the younger man, holding out his heavy, gloved, automail hand in gesture for a friendly handshake.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 24, 2012 10:00 pm

Vlad felt himself tense the tiniest bit as the big man entered the cafe. The tension eased as Ivanka sat across from Vlad and generally appeared... well, rather chipper. He didn't know much about Ivanka as a person, but he had heard rumors that he was generally a big, old sweetheart to everyone. That must be more truth than gossip because he was being awfully chummy to Vlad, a complete stranger. Vladmir reached across the table, returning the handshake. Oh wow. HEAVY. Vlad panicked for a minute, wondering why Ivanka's arm was so huge and heavy... oh, yeah. It was made from automail! Ivanka could easily smash Vladmir in two if he didn't like what Vlad was going to say today. Hopefully his jovial mood would persist. Vlad returned the smile, leaning back in his chair. “Thus far, it's been enjoyable. I'm glad to see Moscow looking whole again.” He was quite sincere in that regard. Communism was not his thing by any means, but he did have a fondness in his heart for this big city.

Vlad sipped at his water, musing for a moment. Snapping out of it, he blinked. “Oh, yes. I ordered us some Gozinakh. I hope you don't mind.” Vlad smiled a little bit; the walnut honey candy had been a favorite of his as a child. Ivan had occasionally brought over a small box full of it, which Vlad had savored over days, just to make it last. He wasn't sure what had made him decide to order it today, but it felt right. Maybe Ivan had given Ivanka the candy as a child too? That thought slowly brought the situation back at hand. The father issue. “No. I am your father.” “No, no! That's not true. That's impossible!”* He didn't really expect this revelation to go quite as bad as it had in Empire Strikes Back... but. One could never really be sure.

So Vladmir decided to just... go for it. With all manner of subtly involved. He just opened his mouth and talked, in his usual nervously-quick manner. “SoIaskedyoutomeetmeheretodaysoIcouldtalktoyouaboutourfather.
There! He'd said it. Sort of. “Our father.” It was kind of a good hint, right?

*Darth Vader and Luke Skywalker, Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back

Back to top Go down

Post by Shula Brighton Sat Mar 31, 2012 12:00 pm

{BUMP}
Shula Brighton
Shula Brighton
PENDING

-Case File-
Level: 4
Writer:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 31, 2012 6:46 pm

"It is not a problem at all. I love Gozinakh" replied Ivanka with a pleasant smile. It had been quite a while since he had any of the sweet confection, not since his father had been alive. While they waited for the food, a short air of tense silence hovered over the two as Vladmir seemed to tense up in anticipation of something, though Ivanka was entirely oblivious to the atmosphere and much more focused on the list of menu items on the fold-able menu in his hands. They certainly had many desserts in this diner, didn't they? Gogol-mogol, Ukraina Kutia, Apple pie....Ohhh! Chocolate Vodka! He couldn't remember the last time he had chocolate vodka. He would have to order some the next time he came here.

“SoIaskedyoutomeetmeheretodaysoIcouldtalktoyouaboutourfather.”

Ivanka looked up from the menu in front of him with an expression of mild confusion. "I'm sorry friend, I didn't catch all of that. What about my father? Do you know Ivan Kolokovsky personally? Ah, well, you seem sort of young to have been friends with him, yes?" An amused grin played across Ivanka's face. But this Vladmir person sure was being slow about mentioning much when he had asked Ivanka to come meet him in the first place, wasn't he? Maybe the information was more serious than he had initially though. But what importance could something that occurred over ten years ago have? "Speak friend. There is not need to be nervous. We are safe here, I am sure."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 06, 2012 7:13 pm

Vladmir rolled his neck slowly from side to side. “Oi! Ten thousand years will give you such a crick in the neck.”* Tell me about it... Apparently the hint at subtly had been far too subtle. So subtle, in fact, that Ivanka had not even heard it. DAMN IT. Vlad was saved from speaking for a moment longer as the Gozinakh was delivered to their table, a plate stacked high with the candies. Vlad grinned and swiped one right off the top, unceremoniously popping it into his mouth. Ah... delicious. He savored the candy for a moment or two before finally swallowing. He felt ten times more capable, now that he had consumed the candy that he and his father had shared. His smile faded the tiniest bit as he looked at Ivanka.

I was fortunate enough to know Ivan, although not as much as I would've liked. He could only visit so often, because he had his other children to take care of. We were all going to be a family, he told me. And then he...” He trailed off, shaking his head with a sigh. It had hurt, finding out that having a family was never going to happen. But he was making steps towards having that family now. “I'm your younger brother, Ivanka.” Vlad released a breath he hadn't realized that he had been holding, waiting in the silence that followed for Ivanka's reaction. He really hoped that it wouldn't be violent...

Genie, Aladdin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 07, 2012 7:21 pm

Ivanka's face brightened as the plate of sweets as set before them. He picked a few of the sticky treats in a large gloved hand and plopped on in his mouth, letting it settle on his tongue, enjoying the flavours of a distant past.

“I was fortunate enough to know Ivan, although not as much as I would've liked. He could only visit so often, because he had his other children to take care of. We were all going to be a family, he told me. And then he..."

What was he saying? Did he mean... Ivanka ceased to chew as his full attention was brought to Vlad.

"I'm your younger brother, Ivanka.”

Ivanka was stricken with silence from that single statement. Bright violet eyes were left starting ahead at the man across the table, who had suddenly seemed stranger than he had just seconds ago. Moments passed as Ivanka's mind attempted to register what was said. His father had another child? With another woman? After mother died...or before....Why hadn't he said anything? Or had he? It had been so long ago...he couldn't remember. Why couldn't he remember anything about this?

"I..." Ivanka tried to speak, but the words came slowly to his lips. "You are...Ivan's child? But my father....he would never be untrue to my mother.....he never brought another woman home after she passed. He never mentioned anything about a new mother, or a brother... Vladmir... are you certain this is true?" said he, heavily, his voice filled more with confusion rather than distress. Still having family...it had never dawned on him, it was never something he had thought of. All semblance of a family had perished in fire that night. Could this really be true?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:10 pm

Vlad understood Ivanka's shock and he felt his heart drop into his stomach. There hadn't been anger, which was a good sign. He reached into his front pocket of his pants, pulling out his tattered wallet. Flipping it open, he pulled a worn picture from it. He slid it across the table. In the photo was a young Vladmir, about 7 years old. He was up on the shoulders of Ivan, who had one arm tossed about Lida's shoulders. Vlad looked at it upside down on the table. Those had been good times, when he was young. He had always wondered why Ivan took so long to bring all of his children together. He wondered sometimes if it was because of Lida's career and all the traveling she did. Vlad hadn't seen his father as consistently as Ivanka had, but nevertheless, that was his father.

He met my mother about four years after your mother passed. Mama was and is an actress. She told me that he brought a fresh light into her life and she had lifted a cloud of darkness from his. I came along soon after they met. Because Mama traveled, I didn't get to see Ivan frequently. But Mama kept saying one day I would meet my siblings.” Vlad shrugged his shoulders with a sigh. “I always wondered, as I grew older, why we never met. I wonder if Ivan didn't want you to believe he was dishonoring your mother. I guess we'll never really know.” He reached for another one of the candies, popping it into his mouth and chewing thoughtfully. “I was just remembering the last time we had a drink together. I had a milkshake.”* Maybe a milkshake for you, Indy. Vlad had shared a plate of Gozinakh with his father, two months before he had died. It had been Vlad's last memory with his father, but it was one of his favorites.

Mama knew about you and your sister. She told me to find you. She said that now, more than ever, a person needed family.

*Indiana Jones, Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:41 pm

Violet eyes gazed upon the photograph Vladmir slid across the table. Ivanka felt his heart nearly spasm when he had looked closer. The man in the picture was without a doubt, Ivanka's father. He had similar photos all the time; Pictures of that man with a beautiful woman in his arms and a smiling child at his side or upon his shoulders (as he had a habit of parading his children on his broad shoulders as they giggled from being up at such a height). But the woman in this picture was not his mother, and the young boy was not him. He did not recognize either in the picture. It was a photograph of his father surrounded by strangers. Yet, his warm smile, the fire in his eyes. He was happy with these two, he looked as if he were surrounded by family. The boy in this picture then, it was....

Ivanka said nothing as Vladmir spoke, and when he had finished he remained quiet, soaking in everything he had heard, trying his best to swallow and comprehend it. Vladmir had reached for another candy. Ivanka had lost his appetite for such sweets. His mind was spinning; he could not make sense of anything. He continued to stare at the withered picture on the table.

“Mama knew about you and your sister. She told me to find you. She said that now, more than ever, a person needed family.”

Ivanka continued to stare at the picture, sitting their motionless, as if he were searching for hidden meaning in the faded image: in his father's smiling moustachio'd face, in the kind and warm love that emanated from the woman in his arm..... That woman....why did she remind him so much of his mother? He had been young when she died.....her face, her smile, it seemed so much like his memories. Did his father see his wife in her? Did he replace her? No, his father would never do that. He had his reasons for loving this woman, he had reasons for not introducing her and their son to Anya and he. Ivanka would not question his father. He would not question his son either. If he truly had wanted them to be a family someday, then he would not question his wishes.

"I'm sorry." Ivanka began, his voice much quieter and less jovial than before "I do not mean to be so silent, but I cannot think of anything to say..... I wish my father and sister were still here...my mother was well. I have no family to share with you now. We are brothers and we are strangers. I'm sure my father would have wanted to be there when we finally met........"

"But perhaps it is better that you had never come to live with us. You and your mother are alive. I had not the chance to fail you two as well."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 17, 2012 6:29 pm

Fail them? Vlad paused, glancing down at the photo. As Vlad had grown older, he did do more digging into his father's death but even that had been difficult to discover. Did Ivanka blame himself for the death of their father and his sister? He didn't want to pry, but clearly Ivanka felt that it was entirely his fault. Something that Ivanka believed that he did had caused him to lose the only family he had left. And if Ivan had done what he always said he would, Vladmir and his mother could've died as well. It was a sobering thought, to be sure. “To die will be an awfully big adventure.”* True words, to be sure and yet... Vlad disliked the idea of potentially dying so long ago. He would have never had the experiences he had in his life, although his earlier years would've brought different experiences of their own.

Realizing that he was getting rather silent himself, he decided it might be better to speak... although he wasn't entirely sure what to say. “I'm sure Ivan had his reasons, but that is the past. 'Oh yes, the past can hurt. But the way I see it, you can either run from it... or learn from it.'* All we can do now, is move forward.” Vlad shrugged his shoulders lightly. “I'm not asking for us to be the best of friends. I just wanted you to know that you're not alone and that I am here if you need a brother.” Vlad smiled faintly, taking the picture off the table. He brushed his thumb across the image of their father before returning the photo to his wallet. Ivanka definitely was not responding in any manner that Vlad had expected, but... somber sadness was better than rage. Now he would either accept Vlad into his life or walk away. Vlad wasn't sure which he wanted more... it was still too soon in the scene and Vlad hated reading ahead on the script of life.

*Peter Pan, Peter Pan
*Rafiki, The Lion King

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down