Modern Day Alchemists
WHY AREN'T YOU SIGNED IN!$#%@? -sends Aurel after you-

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Modern Day Alchemists
WHY AREN'T YOU SIGNED IN!$#%@? -sends Aurel after you-
Modern Day Alchemists
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» This is the end I fear
A Meeting of Worlds EmptySat Mar 19, 2022 4:18 pm by Reila Tsukino

» Best wishes
A Meeting of Worlds EmptyThu Sep 17, 2020 12:08 pm by Reila Tsukino

» Simon Eris
A Meeting of Worlds EmptyFri Nov 15, 2013 1:57 pm by ChaosAlchemist

» Pumpkin Spice
A Meeting of Worlds EmptyWed Nov 06, 2013 4:13 pm by Rhea Stevenson

» BARBERSHOP BRUNCH, BRO'S.
A Meeting of Worlds EmptyWed Nov 06, 2013 12:54 pm by Wolfgang Murinyo

» Training Private Daw (Open to Amestrian Militants Only)
A Meeting of Worlds EmptyMon Nov 04, 2013 6:07 pm by Dawsic

» AKI'S NEW FORUM
A Meeting of Worlds EmptyMon Oct 21, 2013 12:59 am by Silvac

» Baldursdóttir, Ymir [done]
A Meeting of Worlds EmptyThu Oct 17, 2013 5:56 pm by Jay Furor

» Practice Makes PERFECTION
A Meeting of Worlds EmptyMon Oct 14, 2013 11:19 am by Zayne O'Reilly

» Just a Checkup
A Meeting of Worlds EmptyThu Oct 10, 2013 8:55 am by Crassus

Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 74 on Wed Sep 10, 2014 4:45 am
Join us on Facebook!

A Meeting of Worlds

Go down

A Meeting of Worlds Empty A Meeting of Worlds

Post by Guest Fri May 25, 2012 8:55 pm

"Why will you not go see our tribe? See how we live, the roots from which you come?"
Because I don't want to see. I won't fit in there. Don't they normally tell you not to go back once your sent here or something anyway?
"Why did you not receive your tattoo for your kill? That is a great honor amongst our people."
Because a boar tattooed on my body isn't exactly sexy. Sorry.
"Why must you push me away so?"
Sabina had no answer to that, only silence in her shame.

The young scion of two different worlds was currently standing behind one of the fences in the capital building of Malos Ciudad where Vasco resided, her hazel eyes staring out into the city below as the sun overhead beat down upon her and Cobra. She had had another fight with her mother the day before, the same questions asked over and over again of her resistant daughter. She couldn't just blindly accept her Amazonian blood to be all that she was, she was not her mother! But did she do that? Did she push her away too much? If not for her mother..... She knew she wouldn't be who she was today. She wouldn't have the training, Cobra, a sense of pride that always got buried beneath stupid stupid thoughts and concepts....

Sighing heavily, Sabina let her head hit the bars of the fence, a hand touching the cool metal and drifting downward. She would apologize tomorrow, she would be on duty with her mother tomorrow. Fuck she had done it again! She always told herself to at least make her mother smile, do her proud but she always just seemed to fight with her instead! Did she even know how much her daughter loved her? What she meant to her? A cold wetness nudged the hand that hung at her side, causing her to straighten up and look downwards to the large leopard at her side. Heh, she had Cobra worrying about her. "I'm ok boy. Just hating myself a bit again." He tilted his head and stared at her with his great brown eyes, almost seeming to ask her if that was really the case. She was about to bend down to talk to him more when another Amazon strode up to her and touched her on the shoulder. "Your shift is over." Nodding solemly to the woman, she slid onto Cobra's back and held on tight to his harness. "Lets go boy." And with a click of her tongue, they shot off.

The wind whistled past her ears with the sounds of the palace life, soon adjusting to the music of the city that she had grown up in. She had only been to those jungles a few times and that was it. She couldn't count how many times she had almost gotten lost when in that foliage. But in the foliage of steel, wood, and concrete? She rarely got lost. Her phone went off in her right pocket, buzzing in rhythmic constant vibrations. Perfectly painted nails vanished behind the green cloth for a moment and drew the phone out, sliding the bar to answer the call. "Allo papa. Whatsup?" She asked as Cobra slowed to lessen the strain of holding onto a leopard and talking on the phone. "Hey cupcake, how are you doing?" The sound of his voice made her smirk, her brown hair now hanging in her eyes. "Good, I just got off duty. How are you?" "Oh I'm good as well... Are you joining me for dinner tonight? Wanted to know how much I should cook."

Sabina took a moment to consider that, the suns light making her eyes seem a bit more of a light brown at the moment. Cobra slowed to a stop at a stop light, the large cat watching the cars go by. "Yea, I think I will. Want me to pick anything up while I'm out?" She asked, nudging Cobra's side with a brown booted foot since he was still distracted by watching the cars while the light had turned green. He was just leading them on aimlessly at this point, his head looking back at her after the nudge. He hated it when she did that. Hey, wasn't her fault if he got distracted. "Sure, maybe a bottle of wine or something? Love you, see you soon." She chuckled, "Ooo getting fancy! Can do. Love you too, see you later." She hung up first, sliding her phone back into her green cargo shorts pocket. She had strayed from her normal wardrobe today, except for her boots which remained the same. Her shirt was still a short tank top except that it was red instead of black, ending about a couple of inches below her ample bosom. She wore a white collared linen over shirt that remained unbuttoned, showing off her toned, muscular body. A few strings of black ribbon wrapped about her neck like a choker, leather bracers extending half way up her lower arm. She looked ready for a safari or something.

Humming a soft tune to herself, she stroked Cobra's smooth fur, the thumb of the hand holding his harness tapping out a beat that only she heard inside her head. "To the liquor store!" She called a bit louder than she intended, pointing onwards as Cobra howled in response, taking off in the proper direction. He loped at a slow run for him, not needing to go super fast to get there. They had plenty of time till dinner. Her pistol hung from its holster beneath her over shirt under her arm, her obsidian dagger strapped to her boots and out of sight. She had an extra pistol strapped to her hip, but she hardly used any of her weapons ever. Hrm... maybe she should go swimming in the ocean....

Back to top Go down

A Meeting of Worlds Empty Re: A Meeting of Worlds

Post by Guest Mon May 28, 2012 2:14 am

Oh, to be home. The clear waters of Panei always glittered in the vicious light of the sun, nothing to be seen but miles of blue. This water just did not seem to compare. Yet, Nayeli did not have much of a choice. Miguel had explained to her that there was a battle coming to Malos Ciudad and he was an Esparian soldier. He was obligated to participate, just as she was obligated to fight for her people. And as a warrior, this was something she had to respect. She had agreed to stay in Malos, even fight if necessary, just as long as Miguel joined her in Panei once it was all said and done. She had agreed to take a bed at her father's lodings but she would steal away often to sleep in the jungles surrounding the city. It just felt right, in this world of strange.

One of her favorite places to be besides asleep in the jungle was the beach. It was no Panei, as she always believed, but it was better than the city. She had found a relatively secluded area on the beach, east of the public beach. There was some jungle between the two and it kept the locals away. It was just as she and Yanakilla preferred. Her wolf was currently lying under the trees, at the fringe of the jungle. It kept him comfortably in the shade but he could still watch Nayeli. Her bow and arrows were resting just next to him as he rested.

Nayeli was in the sun, resting in the sand on her back. Her feet rested close to the ocean and the gentle surf lapped up around her ankles. One arm was tucked under her head and her eyes were closed. She had spurned her “modern clothing” for a band of cloth around her breasts and a short cloth skirt. It was comfortable and felt unbelievably right. Well, almost right. She needed to be home. She heaved a frustrated sigh and jumped up. She turned to Yanakilla and whistled for a moment. He lifted his head and opened his eyes with a look of mild disinterest. She pointed at the ocean and he blinked once before dropping his head down onto his paws again.

She rolled her eyes into the sky and walked into the ocean until it was up to her waist. Then she dove forward, immersing herself into the sharp, cool water. She remained under the water for a moment before pushing herself up. She emerged from the water, flipping her hair back as she did so. She let a smile flicker across her face for a split second as she dived under the next wave. It was going to be a good afternoon.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:22 am

About halfway to their destination Sabina could not resist anymore. Digging the tips of her fingers into Cobra's neck, he stopped and turned his great head to look back at her inquisitively. "We're taking a detour. I want to go swim, the usual place please Cobra." She asked of him, looking into those big grey-blue eyes of his. He merely snorted in response and began loping over towards the beaches. He knew where she often liked to swim in the water. It was a place that not many people visited which made it perfect if she wanted to not deal with crowds, and given her time restraint? She was going for no crowds. Besides, Cobra could wander off a bit into the jungle if he wanted to since it was right there. He never went too far from her though.

It took them a little while, but soon enough the pair arrived only to find... someone else was there. Cobra slowed and she could feel his hackles rising though he stood there in a tense stance of curiosity. Who else knew about their spot? Sabina's eyes began to dart about, looking at the clothes of the woman laying on the beach to the bow and arrows near the treeline, and the large wolf by the treeline. An Amazon. Like her. Her hands petted Cobra's head to soothe him, sliding off of his back before leaning close to his ear to whisper, "Behave. They are most likely friendly. Probably here for the same reason we are." He growled, but obeyed and fell quiet as he padded towards the jungle to go exploring while his master went to observe the woman. She had jumped into the water at this point and was swimming about, her skin marking her clearly as an Esparian. She couldn't help but raise an eyebrow, she was also dressed like a proper Amazonian as well. That was... uncomfortable.

Removing her outer jacket, she also took off her holster and placed a little ways away from the bow and arrows, her boots and dagger also coming off as well. The bracers came off next and she sat down on the sand rather than just jumping in since she did not want to startle this woman. At this point, she probably knew that she was here. Sabina would. "Hi. I'm Sabina, whats your name?" She called, readjusting her khaki shorts a little as she sat there.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 14, 2012 2:59 pm

Something in the air smelled different as Nayeli rose her face from the water during a stroke. The breeze that wafted into her nostrils wasn't as clean. There was... She paused, pulling herself up to tread water. There was a new scent on the air and it was growing stronger. A curse word escaped her lips as she recognized the smell and began swimming steadily for the beach. As she got closer she saw it... a leopard. The person that rode the giant cat was of little concern of the moment, because she knew for a fact that leopards and dire wolves did not exactly get along. Raising from the water, though it was still at about her stomach, she whistled shrilly. Yanakilla, who had been growling and rising as the leopard approached, turned his head to gaze at Nayeli. He bared his teeth, but another whistle from Nayeli had him drop to a neutral position. She waved her hand, indicating that he should make his way into the jungle, away from wherever the leopard was heading. He stared at her long and hard and she returned the stare. Finally he shook his head and stood, padding off into the recesses of the jungle.

Nayeli managed to issue a sigh of relief as she resumed her swim to the beach. That rider of the leopard had done some incredibly stupid! Did they not realize the danger of a giant cat and a giant wolf being in the same proximity? The leopard seemed relatively tame, but Nayeli knew her own mount still carried much of his dark mentality from the jungle. She rose from the water as she heard the woman speak, noting she sat near both of their belongings? How strange.

Hi. I'm Sabina, what's your name?

She wanted to snap at her stupidity, but Javier's words about being polite caused her to hold her sharp retort. Instead she said. “I am Nayeli. You need to be more careful!

Back to top Go down

Post by Csilla Angelis Sun Jul 01, 2012 10:47 pm

{BUMP}
Csilla Angelis
Csilla Angelis
LITE BRITE

-Case File-
Level:
Writer: Csi

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 02, 2012 4:54 pm

The sudden shrill whistle caused Sabina to start in the slightest, glancing back towards the tree's to see that the large wolf there was growling at Cobra. Her large leopard was regarding him warily, but doing little to nothing in spite of the obvious threat. Was there something that her mother had not told her about? Why in the world would the wolf react like that? After all, cats and dogs rarely got around but seriously? She clicked her tongue twice and mewed loudly like a leopard cub, Cobra raising his great head to stare at her with those piercing grey eyes. He nodded once and slunk off to another area to rest away from the wolf who clearly did not appreciate his presence.

Now that the immediate threat had been subsided, Sabina turned her currently hazel eyes back towards this Amazonian woman, taking the time to push herself to step towards the cool water. Little waves lapped over her toes and made her smile in relief to the sensation, the sharpness of the voice that responded breaking that serene second. “I am Nayeli. You need to be more careful!” Woah now, was that really necessary? Sabina raised a single eyebrow, but forced up an easy smile, walking a bit further into the cool water before she decided to answer. "Sorry, didn't realize that there were designated large cat and large wolf area's. Won't happen again park ranger." Ok, that was out of line even for her. "Heh, sorry. Bad joke. Let me start again, do you enjoy coming out here a lot? I didn't think many other people knew about this spot." Yeah that was a lot better.

Nayeli was an Amazonian name as if she needed any more confirmation on that fact, which meant.... she was probably closer to her culture than Sabina was. Oh joy.... time to prove how ignorant she was in some ways. Like knowing ahead of time that maybe Cobra and this girls large wolf wouldn't get along. Or any customs that she should be respecting relating to this girl. Would it be smarter to just head back into town to buy that booze for her dad and herself? No... No she should stick it out and see what happened here. Who knows? Maybe she would actually pick something up that her mother had tried to force into her head but ultimately failed simply because she was her mother.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 08, 2012 11:10 pm

"Sorry, didn't realize that there were designated large cat and large wolf area's. Won't happen again park ranger."

Nayeli raised eyebrow. What is a park ranger? It was a strange phrase, to be sure. And clearly not often enough used for Javier to teach her. She sighed and shook her head. “They often challenge each other for dominance in the jungle. Your cat may be human-raised, but my wolf is jungle-born. It is unsafe.

"Heh, sorry. Bad joke. Let me start again, do you enjoy coming out here a lot? I didn't think many other people knew about this spot."

Okay, now what was the joke? Perhaps this “park ranger” bit. This was getting strange and Nayeli felt impatience. She had come out her for some quiet and that plan did not happen. At all. It was very frustrating and Nayeli had half a mind to just walk away. Yet the nagging voice in her head told her it would be a bad idea. At this point, allies were key. Any able-bodied warrior she could befriend, she could then enlist to travel to Panei. So she stood there as the water rolled down her skin into the sand, letting herself get dry by the sun. “I have recently started coming here. I...” She frowned. Why did certain words escape her? AH! “I... like the lack of people.” Like wasn't the word she wanted... but it would suffice. Her Esparian was impressive, but she still lost some of the larger words on occasion. “Do you come here a lot?

[[She's being difficult, sorry it's not so great! Trying to force Miss Loner to be social XD]]

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:24 pm

Much to Sabina's relief, it seemed like her joke had soared right over Nayeli's head which meant that she didn't have to deal with an angry Amazonian. That was not exactly how she wanted to spend her time before she went and ate dinner with her father. It was sort of a downer, ya know? “They often challenge each other for dominance in the jungle. Your cat may be human-raised, but my wolf is jungle-born. It is unsafe.” Oh. Well. That was also a bit of a downer. She glanced off towards Cobra whom had seemed to raise an eyebrow at her before nodding his head at Nayeli next to her, then the jungle where the big wolf had to have gone. She shook her head a little at him, glad to see him settle back down before turning her full attention back to this woman. It seemed like she had really confused her with her statement which meant one of two things. One: She would let it go and continue on as if Sabina hadn't said anything. Or Two: Demand to know what she meant. Sabina was really hoping it would be the first of the two. Again, that whole dealing with an angry Amazonian thing.

“I have recently started coming here. I...” Oh? Then that would explain why Sabina hadn't seen her. It had to have been at least within the last month since she hadn't exactly found a lot of free time to go for a swim alone. “I... like the lack of people.” She nodded in agreement as a soft smile rose to her lips, her eyes seeming to lighten to an amber as she stared out at the water lapping against their ankles. “Do you come here a lot?” She inched down closer to the water line on her hands and feet, probably looking a bit silly when she did so. As soon as she settled back into the sand, she breathed a sigh of relief at the cool water lapping up to her knees. "I do. This is where I come when I don't want to deal with the crowds at the beaches closer to town. It's secluded, got a great view, and if I felt like being more of a proper Amazon, I could delve into the jungle right there." She mused aloud, propping herself up on her elbows. "My mom was the one that showed me this area first. Though the reasoning for our visit was very different from just recreational swimming." She let out a little laugh at the memories, but it felt bitter in her throat though that was not her intent. She was never bitter towards her mother for having raised her like she did, she just..... argh... life was so fucking complex.

"So, Nayeli, where do you hail from? Originally I mean. And I have to ask, you aren't on Vasco's Amazonian guard are you? Because if you were, I am sure that I would have seen you before." If she wasn't, then it must be a clan that was far out and might not have been a part of the agreement that had been struck between their leader and her own. If that was the case... well, Sabina knew she wouldn't be reporting it. No need to end up with more girls like her that could be caught between. Though that had been due to complications between her parents. Argh, talk about a fucking downer! Today was just going to be one of those days wasn't it? Where one single issue was going to bug her for the whole goddamn day. Bleh.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:06 am

"I do. This is where I come when I don't want to deal with the crowds at the beaches closer to town. It's secluded, got a great view, and if I felt like being more of a proper Amazon, I could delve into the jungle right there. My mom was the one that showed me this area first. Though the reasoning for our visit was very different from just recreational swimming."

So she was Amazonian! Nayeli had been trying to figure it out; her coloring did not match many of the Esparian people that she had seen around. Yet... she said that she would only go to the jungle when she wanted to be more of a “proper” Amazon. Did that mean she chose to deny her heritage? Nayeli frowned, watching as Sabina settled herself closer to the water. Nayeli walked down to the water herself, choosing to walk in about a foot beyond Sabina and sitting cross-legged. The water was up to her stomach where she sat and would roll against her back before continuing up to hit Sabina with the cool water.

"So, Nayeli, where do you hail from? Originally I mean. And I have to ask, you aren't on Vasco's Amazonian guard are you? Because if you were, I am sure that I would have seen you before."

Amazonian guard? The leader of Esparia kept a guard of Amazonian women? She dug through her memory, trying to remember if Javier had told her anything about that. It did not ring a bell. She suspected that some weak tribes had set up a system with Vasco. But not the women of Panei. They were made of sterner stuff. “I am part of no guard. I come from Panei. I am here to gather warriors, as it is my duty for my people. What is this... Amazonian guard? Why would the Amazon woman belittle themselves so?” Her frowned remained. This island was growing stranger and stranger the more she stayed. Her heart clenched as the desire to go to Panei overwhelmed her.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:32 am

Oh hell, she could sense the tensions rising and that did not bode well. Was she just digging herself a deeper hole? Was this going to end in an argument worthy of her mother and her? At least those arguments were with her mother, not some random Amazon chick that she met all of a few moments ago. Sabina raised an eyebrow as Nayeli sat in front of her, taking a moment to ponder if she just wanted to sit there or if that was a glove getting thrown down. Because if that was a challenge, then by god challenge accepted! Or.... maybe she just wanted to be in the water more. Yeah, lets not try challenging the new Amazon woman. That always did fantastically for friendships right? Pffft....

It seemed that Nayeli was confused about the guard so she must not be a part of it. In fact, Sabina hadn't seen this woman around the capital at all. So wherever she was from, she must be from someplace far out. Some place that Vasco hadn't touched yet, or else didn't want to touch. That was what logic would dictate... right? “I am part of no guard. I come from Panei. I am here to gather warriors, as it is my duty for my people. What is this... Amazonian guard? Why would the Amazon woman belittle themselves so?” Panei.... Panei.... She had heard that name..... OH YEAH. Her mother totally said it once! Wait, gather warriors? For what? Sabina raised an eyebrow as she scooted forward so she sat next to Nayeli, her eyes glinting hazel in the growing light. "Warriors? Why do you need warriors?" Now wait a moment, what was that she just said? "Belittle themselves?" Had she heard right? Taking a deep breath, she turned her eyes out towards the shimmering water as it rolled over them, not caring as her shorts quickly became soaked in the salt water. Mm.... ocean...

Right. Insult. "I wouldn't say they belittle themselves. They are still proud warriors who uphold honor and clan despite their new living situation. They send a couple of girls that are seventeen to the capital where they continue training and become a guard for Vasco. In return, he doesn't damage their jungles or attack their clans. It is a different jungle is all Nayeli, don't insult them." At this point she didn't care if her tone held a bit of sharpness despite how gently she had explained the situation. It was ironic she should defend a part of herself that she often denied or ignored. "You say it is your duty, does that mean you are a member of high standing in your clan?" Her mother had been once before she had to go into town.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 15, 2012 2:01 pm

"I wouldn't say they belittle themselves. They are still proud warriors who uphold honor and clan despite their new living situation. They send a couple of girls that are seventeen to the capital where they continue training and become a guard for Vasco. In return, he doesn't damage their jungles or attack their clans. It is a different jungle is all Nayeli, don't insult them."

Nayeli curled up her lip in distaste. This Vasco should fear the Amazonians, not the other way around. She highly suspected that the tribes had never gone after Vasco, so it was he that had attacked them and then created this exchange for his own personal gain. Men were petty and weak fools. They were useful for their seed and nothing else. It caused new distaste her mouth, knowing that the reason she was here was to find a man. To find her father. It made her stomach turn over, knowing that they were being forced to turn to men for help. She shook her head. “This is a jungle I do not understand. Nor do I wish to.

As Sabina inquired about her standing in her clan, Nayeli turned her body to the side. Her tattoo on her back was bright in the daylight, but it was the tattoo on the back of her neck that she now revealed as she lifted her hair up. The two red eyes on were piercing and all-knowing. “I am Chieftain's Daughter.” She let her hair fall and turned back to face Sabina. “I had been tasked with finding the slayer of the Andrewsarchus, as our tribe is in danger. The witches of Atarango threaten our lands and the prophecies say that this time, we cannot fight them alone.

Her gaze moved past Sabina to her weapons resting on the shore, then beyond to the jungle. The blood of great warriors stirred in her veins. Yet here she was, far from home, being forced to be a diplomat.

Back to top Go down

Post by Csilla Angelis Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:35 pm

{BUMP}
Csilla Angelis
Csilla Angelis
LITE BRITE

-Case File-
Level:
Writer: Csi

Back to top Go down