Modern Day Alchemists
WHY AREN'T YOU SIGNED IN!$#%@? -sends Aurel after you-

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Modern Day Alchemists
WHY AREN'T YOU SIGNED IN!$#%@? -sends Aurel after you-
Modern Day Alchemists
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» This is the end I fear
Brethren?? EmptySat Mar 19, 2022 4:18 pm by Reila Tsukino

» Best wishes
Brethren?? EmptyThu Sep 17, 2020 12:08 pm by Reila Tsukino

» Simon Eris
Brethren?? EmptyFri Nov 15, 2013 1:57 pm by ChaosAlchemist

» Pumpkin Spice
Brethren?? EmptyWed Nov 06, 2013 4:13 pm by Rhea Stevenson

» BARBERSHOP BRUNCH, BRO'S.
Brethren?? EmptyWed Nov 06, 2013 12:54 pm by Wolfgang Murinyo

» Training Private Daw (Open to Amestrian Militants Only)
Brethren?? EmptyMon Nov 04, 2013 6:07 pm by Dawsic

» AKI'S NEW FORUM
Brethren?? EmptyMon Oct 21, 2013 12:59 am by Silvac

» Baldursdóttir, Ymir [done]
Brethren?? EmptyThu Oct 17, 2013 5:56 pm by Jay Furor

» Practice Makes PERFECTION
Brethren?? EmptyMon Oct 14, 2013 11:19 am by Zayne O'Reilly

» Just a Checkup
Brethren?? EmptyThu Oct 10, 2013 8:55 am by Crassus

Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 74 on Wed Sep 10, 2014 4:45 am
Join us on Facebook!

Brethren??

+2
Kit Estenial
Sal
6 posters

Go down

Brethren?? Empty Brethren??

Post by Sal Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:06 pm

Despite the recent bits of extreme sunlight, the day had grown to a reasonably cloudy atmosphere. Of course the amount of sunlight and heat mattered about as much to Sal as the position of Jupiter to a dolphin, so he was cheerful regardless of the change in the weather. The only time when the weather ever bothered this little Ishvallan was when it rained. He was getting used to the spray that could hit him when he was on a boat, but rain was something he couldn't stand, let alone swimming. Even showering made him depressed. Then again, the only thing he feared more than being completely submerged in the ocean was flying. He had a bad experience with airplanes once before, and it was also his first.

Shaking the thought aside, Sal decided that today would be a good day to check on the Ole Miss. She wasn't a very young ship, so he liked to check on her every so often to make sure that she didn't spring a leak or anything. After all, the Ole Miss was Salazar's pride and joy, one of the few things he could call his own. As a result, he'd do everything in his power to make sure she was in proper working order. Though she may not be able to sail on the open ocean, taking him to and from Pirate Island was doable enough, since there were plenty of people nearby to keep her maintained. It was the ideal pit-stop, if you will.

Humming a random tune as he went, Sal climbed aboard the ship, taking in the sights that were to be seen on the deck. Step by step, he made his way to the inner parts, and his first stop would be - you guessed it - the captain's chambers. It was where he spent his nights in North Amestris (when he wasn't with Xanthus), where the air was considerably colder and the nights were just a tad longer. It was refreshing to be back where it was warmer. Not to mention the doughnuts out here tasted better, too.

Stepping into the bowels of the ship, the very lowest cavity of it all, he took in the smell. Since they had shelter outside of the ship, it wasn't necessary to store food down there anymore. That smell had long since faded for the most part, but it was the fact that this space existed that gave him something to smile about. He slowly began to make his way around the walls, checking for moisture and puddles that would indicate any sort of leak. It didn't smell of mildew, so he was certainly hopeful, but there was still a chance that a very small leak could have happened very recently - in which case the smell would hardly be noticeable, even for a chimera such as himself.

His footsteps echoed in the almost cave-like storage area, and he looked between the shelves that were lined up almost perfectly along the wooden floor. With each step, there was a creak that reminded him of where he was and how he got here, bending under each bit of pressure, despite the support system that surrounded it all. He stopped for a moment to knock on the wood, taking in the sound it produced.

"At least I know I've got people that'd help me out if I broke down, just like the people that fix the Ole Miss up when she's in bad shape." Suddenly, he picked up an interesting scent...It smelled like a combination of animal and human, almost like himself, but...something made him feel as though things could get a little testy in here.
Sal
Sal
PENDING

-Case File-
Level: 4
Writer:

Back to top Go down

Brethren?? Empty Re: Brethren??

Post by Kit Estenial Wed Jun 27, 2012 6:14 pm

It started with footsteps. He awoke from his slumber under his shirt, rising to a sitting position. His ears rotated, trying to find the source of the almost non-existent and dainty footsteps. He did, and they were coming closer to the inner hold of the ship. He had no idea where he was, except that this was in fact a ship. A ship that transported suspicous cargo, and himself. A ship he had not paid for their services, and would be severly punished if found out. He crouched over behind a beam slipping on his shirt, keeping it open and his right hand on his kukri. His ear was the only thing peeking from behind the swelled wood, still listening to the echoes of the ship's explorer. Twas dark, but his snake eyes soaked in all the sunlight they did, examining the well maintained ship internals, standing flat and stiff against the narrow beam.

Why are you hiding?! Get out there and kill him before he finds you.

I'm hoping he doesn't spot me or I can at least talk it out with him...

Well, when diplomacy doesn't work, let me know if you're not dead.

The voice became silent again as Kit moved up from beam to beam, cover hopping to the doorway. That's when he came in, his footsteps gave the feeling of a light build which was confirmed on a glance. Tan skin and white hair, with cat ears like his. He's Ishvallen, almost like him, and was feline like him too. He decided to clear his throat, swing around to face the stranger, all smiles and purred out,

"Hi.
Kit Estenial
Kit Estenial
VORACIOUS BANDERSNATCH

-Case File-
Level: 2
Writer: Kume

Back to top Go down

Brethren?? Empty (Hope you don't mind meh stealing your thread away. :D Looked open. owo)

Post by Sec Invidia Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:08 pm

Dot.
Dot.
Dot.
...Dot.

What was Sec doing on this fine day, might you ask? Why, he was setting up umbrella's around the deck of the glorious Ole Miss, the ship he so dearly missed after his time on Esparian waters. The Grand Salazaar was docked not too far away, he having recovered it after surrendering, but he was far too enamoured with this ship he'd grown to love in North to care about his own ship. Donning a pair of black boxers, he hadn't wanted to soil his suit in this rain, so he worked quickly, not minding the cold of rain on bare skin, as he planned to COMPLETELY waterproof the Ole Miss, if only for today. Twas a noble goal.

Dot. Aaaaand dot. Last umbrella placed, he set off for his room.

In his quarters, he changed boxers, first, and then followed this by putting on his suit, ivory white, not a speck of dirt on it, and his burgundy tie. As he slipped on his platforms and a fedora, he adjusted his golden locks with his hand.

Aha... So hard to imagine his hair being so amber as it was. Not too long before, he'd kept up the dye, namely to keep an intimidating look about himself, though now he looked much more natural. Sheathing his rapier at his belt, and his nine millimeter in his pocket, he set down the halls of the Ole Miss, whistling Mozart's Requiem to himself, as today was a pleasant day. Knowing Captain despised rain with every fiber of his being, Sec sought him out within the cabins and under the deck of the ship, finally finding him, "Captain! Finished setting up umbrellas over the de-" Ah, and if he wasn't brought to a halt by a man appearing behind Sal. Drawing quickly his pistol, he took long strides to the side, to get a better shot at the man, gun aimed at his head, unwavering. "Who are you, sir? And would you mind stepping back a few steps? I would be most gracious. Captain, do you know this man?"
Sec Invidia
Sec Invidia
PENDING

-Case File-
Level: 3
Writer:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sal Fri Jun 29, 2012 12:55 pm

Aha. It seemed that Sal's instincts were right yet again. What had seemed to be a foreign presence was, in fact, a presence that should not have been there. A clearing of a throat from behind him, and the small chimera whipped himself around to see. Funnily enough, at the same time, Sec had approached and very swiftly drawn his gun, without so much as a blink of his eyes. It was interesting to see how smoothly things operated, even during down time. That alone was reassurance that when it counted the most, his crew would operate like a well-oiled machine, not a single slip-up. Situations like these reminded Sal of the first time he and Sec had an encounter with a certain group of law enforcement officials a while back. Laughing a bit at the memory, he shook his head and turned his attention back to the intruder.

"Hi yourself." A smirk. Sal had matured after being responsible for so many things, including taking care of people aside from himself. Not necessarily in a nurturing way, but he was responsible for their actions as the leader of the group, or more specifically, the captain of the crew. There were times when this position of his could have been doubted and easily slipped to another, but the obstacle of age and maturity was slowly being whittled down to the size of a toothpick. Though this wasn't the only factor that had contributed to his rapid maturation, it was something he preferred not to think about. It was over, done, and he had the scar to prove it, both mentally and physically.

"I don't think I know him, but he might know me, maybe. He wouldn't be the first." Looking him over, he took in the little details. White hair, feline ears and tail, and green eyes like none Sal had ever seen on a human being. On the other hand, he himself had interesting eyes - though they were both the crimson of any other Ishvallan's - as one was normal, but the other was distinctly a cat's eye, slit pupil and all. The smirk on his face turned into a more friendly smile, as he looked into this other chimera's eyes. "But when I look at him, I think we've got more in common than I thought."
Sal
Sal
PENDING

-Case File-
Writer:

Back to top Go down

Post by Marcelina H. de León Mon Jul 09, 2012 11:06 pm

Ah, a lazy morning that had been well spent. When Marcelina wasn't roaming the streets of South City, playing security, she was spending her time in the swanky pirate mansion, for lack of better term. The Ole Miss was now strictly what it was meant to be... a ship to sail. And the house offered everything the pirates needed. Bedrooms for each, a huge kitchen, multiple bathrooms... even places for fun things! Many of the pirates were always out and about but Marcelina primarily stayed. She had nowhere to go, except Esparia once every year. So she had taken the time making her room beautiful and comfortable. She had found an antique world map, which hung on the wall above her bed. She had dragged from South City to Ole Miss and then to the house an overstuffed, high-backed chair that was in one corner of her room. It was crowded and cozy and all hers.

The morning had been spent pouring over a book, exploring the tales of Captain Kidd. But it had hit the delightful time of after lunch which meant... SWORD PRACTICE! She opted for an old white shirt, over which she put a black vest. She put on her long breeches and her knee-high boots. She grabbed at her gloves and tucked them into her belt. She then stepped to her mirror to braid her hair. Last but not least, she grabbed at Parley and the new dagger she had recently acquired. Then she headed outside and was hit in the face with... rain.

She laughed heartily. “I think I'll practice on board today. A few rolling waves on the lake will help practice my balance!” She moved down the beach to the ship and walked up the gangplank. She then stopped short and stared. By Blackbeard's beard, what in the hell were umbrellas doing all over the main deck?? She groaned, pulling her gloves onto her hands. That was... OBNOXIOUS. Who would have possibly done that? “Sec. Who else?” She knew of Cap'n Sal's dislike for rain, but this was a bit much. No one had been in the house when she left, so she determined that they had to be aboard. She stomped down through the ship, muttering under her breath. She found her quarry in the bowels of the ship. She whisked out Parley and pointed the blade Sec. “Sec, was it entirely necessary to umbrella the entire deck!?” It took a moment with her anger-blurred vision to realize that they were not entirely alone. She blinked and stepped up closer behind Sec and Sal, pushing Parley through the gap between the two (over Sal's head, but against Sec's arm) and pointed it coolly at Kit. “Why does no one tell me when we have visitors?
Marcelina H. de León
Marcelina H. de León
PENDING

-Case File-
Level: 1
Writer:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kit Estenial Tue Jul 10, 2012 4:16 am

Well, this was a fine welcoming committee...A giant of a man with a gun to his face, an Ishvallen that looked like they shared some...physical traits, and, to Kit's pleasure, a most beautiful woman, who to Kit's displeasure, was brandishing a sword in his direction. And here he was, looking at it all. A motley crew they made, almost comical, but Kit had enough manners to laugh inwardly. He took several steps back, as per request, and bowed with his hands still raised.

"Out of all the people that've ever had a gun pointed at me, you sir are by far the most well-mannered. As to my name, usually one gives their own name before asking someone their's, but since you ask so nicely, I'll give it freely."

He held no disdain or sarcasm in his voice, purring it out every word with his silver tongue charm. He was taught that first impressions were key in any situation, and now would be time for a good one. He raised himself up and laid a flat palm to his heart, cocking his head to his left, his hair and ears falling with the motion. His eyes closed and his smile widened.

"My name is Kit Vesper Estenial. It's a pleasure to meet you all."

He reached into his crisp white shirt and unbuckled his kukri from his chest, pulling them out from the large front gap. He bent down slowly and placed them on the ground. He straightened back up and kicked them over to the giant man in hopes this could bond some trust.

"I may not look it, but my real father's Ishvallen...though I've never met him, so I believe we do have more in common than I thought."

His eyes seemed to wander to the woman, examining in his discreet way. Beautiful pale skin, and a grand head of chestnut hair. Her eyes were just as stunning as he examined her build and the lines of her face and body. He mumbled to himself as he glanced over to his duffle bag.

"She'd make a great masterpiece"
Kit Estenial
Kit Estenial
VORACIOUS BANDERSNATCH

-Case File-

Back to top Go down

Post by Sec Invidia Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:42 am

Hrm. Sal had so spoketh that the man was not to be shot in the face, or rather, not yet to be shot in the face, or not to be shot in the face until Sal said for Sec to do so. As it was, Sec didn't like shooting people in the face anyways, but should Sal be in danger, Sec was to be akin to Sal's pet RAGING RABID ROTTWEILER HYPED UP ON STEROIDS AND ANGEL DUST. Not that Sec partook in steroids or PCP, nor was he in a rage, or a victyim of rabies. He WAS, however, extremely loyal to his Captain, and he thusly lowered his gun, but made no move to put it away, nodding to Sal with a small smile, as Marcelina burst in, rather frustradedly asking if he had to put the umbrellas up. Turning to her quite seriously, he nodded. "Ah, good morning Marcelina. Of course it was. Captain doesn't like the rain, you know this, of course." Turning back to kit, Sec saw from the corner of the eye that Marcy had drawn her blade to Kit, a most lethal weapon. Ah, that Marcelina... A splendid swordswoman she was, even surpassing his own level of skill with a blade; a quality he very much admired, one truly fitting of one of the Pirates.

His attention on Kit now, he did notice the man was being rather polite, amiable, so he returned the favor, albeit not shifting position, nor dropping his guard, and thus appearing just as intimidating as always. "Ah, well thank you, I do try to maintain a level respect towards all. As for my own name, Mr. Estennial, I am called Secundinasci Amor Invidia. A pleasure." Well, it would have been a pleasure, had he not been RIGHT about to blow the poor man's brains out. As the man reached into his shirt, the handgun was raised again, quite sharply, and locked dead on Kit's temple. Pleasantries aside, he better not try anything. Then he saw him slowly draw a pair of knives, and was about to move towards the man, preferring not to shoot a man with no gun, but a melee weapon, but the man set the kukri down and kicked them to Sec, who lowered the gun and smiled slightly, nodding to the man as he reached down to collect the knives, holding them in one hand, gun still in the other. "Good man." Going back to Marcelina's words, Sec glanced down at Sal. "So, Captain," he began, remembering that Marcelina didn't speak Ishvallan, which he did, of course, prefer when addressing Sal, "Is Mr. Estennial a welcome visitor, or an unwanted intruder?" Hmm... If the former, perhaps he'd prepare scones and tea...
Sec Invidia
Sec Invidia
PENDING

-Case File-
Writer:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sal Sat Jul 14, 2012 4:14 pm

Interestingly enough, another of the crew arrived on the scene. It was none other than the lovely Marcie, whose sword greeted his eyes with an obscure familiarity. Her reaction at Sec's earlier activities was amusing, as was his response, which caused him to realize that he hadn't quite absorbed the weight of the situation. Umbrellas? Covering the entire deck? That was probably an interesting sight, to say the least. He'd have to go up and look once this situation was dealt with properly. Speaking of which, things were starting to look rather grim for this visitor. Sal wasn't one to use intimidation unless he had to, but it seemed that the numbers were slowly growing. If that wasn't enough to deter someone from acting out, then he wasn't sure what else to do to prevent any violence from occurring on the ship. After all this was the Ole Miss, and if she were to be harmed in the crossfire, he'd be highly upset.

Turning his attention to the crew, he tilted his head back and forth a bit before speaking. "Marcie, I didn't expect to have any visitors, that's why we didn't tell you." As for Sec, he wasn't really sure how to respond. After all, he hadn't quite made a decision yet. Whether this man was an intruder or a guest would be entirely dependent upon one more thing. Sal could be observant at times, which was probably due to the fox inside of him, but he did notice that this Kit seemed to have looked at something in particular. Something he'd brought with him? "Well, Mister Estenial," Sal began, looking at him rather mischievously, "As you may or may not have noticed, I'm the Captain of this here ship. And I don't really like surprises when I'm here. So...I need to know what else you got with you."

Sal looked down at the weapons that had been forfeited as a way to earn the Pirates' trust. Sal knew that people could carry multiple weapons and simply drop the most easily noticeable ones, then turn around and fight back with whatever they had hidden. Well, that was usually how it worked in the movies. He'd seen plenty of action films once he'd discovered how amazing they were. James Bond, Mission: Impossible, the Bourne Trilogy...all of them were great in his opinion. Turning back to Sec, he gave him a slight nod. "I guess we'll know the answer to your question after Mister Estenial tells me what else he's got with him."
Sal
Sal
PENDING

-Case File-
Writer:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kit Estenial Wed Jul 18, 2012 4:58 pm

They must've seen him look at his bag. He'd be suspicious too if he saw some strange chimera on his property, if he had property to begin with. He kept up his hands at he stared kindly at the motley crew: An Isvallen cat man like him, a giant man in a suit, and a beautiful sword wielder. Well, he could comply with their wishes or be ended by either bullet or blade, him without weapons besides his claws, but he had no reason to fight these people. With a slow and steady pace, he walked over to a wooden beam, behind which, lied his beaten-up green military duffle bag, stuffed with items that he had accumulated from his travels. He picked it up by its shoulder strap and set it down gently on the ground in front of them. He bent down on his right knee and unzipped it slowly. He started removing objects from it one by one.

First there was a large sketch set, which included a case of paints, pencils, and pens with a book of 500 pieces of extra-large sketch paper, most of which was filled with brilliant sketches. He laid it down to the far left. Next came his violin case and ocarina, placing them side by side next to he sketch set. Then came a few books: a field medicine guide, an atlas, and a book of custom sheet music that Kit wrote, along with a personal journal, but he placed that to his side, but the other books went in his line of possessions. He kept scrounging around in his bag, pulling out several postcards, letters, and technique scrolls and laying them out. He was glad his hair was so long, or else they would've seen his face, horridly staring at a lone blood pack among the green cloth. He couldn't let them see it, they'd probably kill him in a moment.

He moved his duffle bag to the side and looked up at them, smiling. He gestured to the items laid out, giving them free reign to inspect them. He was very open with his possessions, but he couldn't let them know he drank blood. He didn't know why he was worried, but he was, but he didn't let it show. He spoke with a closed-eyed smile, his ears perked up.

"Well, that's everything I own. Feel free to peruse, I'm quite proud in them, and what I can do with them"
Kit Estenial
Kit Estenial
VORACIOUS BANDERSNATCH

-Case File-

Back to top Go down

Post by Marcelina H. de León Sun Jul 22, 2012 11:47 pm

Marcelina managed to keep her temper in check as the stranger introduced himself. He was polite enough, but that still didn't explain why he was on board. He would've had to have gotten on the ship while it was docked at South City. That was the only explanation as to why he was now on the shore of Pirate Island. She was musing over his intentions when some mumbled Esparian words came across to her ears. She managed to hear “she” and “masterpiece” and nothing else in between. She frowned, a flush coming over her cheeks. As she was the only female in the room, he had just said something about HER. HOW DARE HE. She was ready to jump over and slap him with the flat of her blade for his insolence, when Sec glanced over and spoke to her.

"Ah, good morning Marcelina. Of course it was. Captain doesn't like the rain, you know this, of course."

Her temper flared higher, annoyed at Sec's perfectly ILLOGICAL explanation. She grabbed her dagger from its sheath and reached over her extended right arm, the dagger pointing at Sec's arm. “Damnation, Sec! Then the captain can carry his own umbrella! Some of us actually USE the deck!” She had half a mind to slap both Sec and Kit for their individual stupidity but hearing her captain's voice managed to stop her from moving forward.

"Marcie, I didn't expect to have any visitors, that's why we didn't tell you."

Not expecting visitors, eh? Well, that clearly meant intruder! But she had not been given permission to smack around said intruder. So she stood there impatiently as Kit proceeded to lay out the supplies from his bag. She was intrigued by the supplies, especially the musical instruments. But that still didn't explain what he was doing on the ship! So she decided to do what she did best, speak because she damn well wanted to.

That's all very well, but you still haven't said what you're doing here. Because this is trespassing and I do not take kindly to trespassers.

Marcelina H. de León
Marcelina H. de León
PENDING

-Case File-
Writer:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sec Invidia Mon Jul 23, 2012 5:44 am

Ah, so Sal was deciding still... Sec nodded down to Sal and maintained his stare at Kit, weapon at the ready, as Macelina responded to his prior answer. So he gave a rare chuckle of his and looked to her, not moving the dagger from his arm. "Well, that would have been more convienient, yes. Sorry, I was awake at an early hour to do so, so the grogginess of sleep must have still been lingering; it never occured to me, silly as it sounds, hahaha..." Ahhh, he'd never intended to invoke the wrath of Marcie, but when one did so, it was best to cover for yourself. "But, if you required the deck, I shall take them down, post-haste! After dealing with our new visitor here, that is."

Sec turned to the aforementioned guest and examined carefully everything he withdrew. A sketch set... A violin case, possibly a threat, based on its contents, and an ocarina. Books, seemed relatively harmless. "Open the violin case, Mr. Estenial. You seem, by the sheet music and other instrument, to be a musician, but I was once working security detail at a few night clubs; I know how well one can hide a weapon, and I like to be positive that someone's clean-slated when they trespass onto private property."
Sec Invidia
Sec Invidia
PENDING

-Case File-
Writer:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sal Wed Jul 25, 2012 4:08 pm

One by one, the items were being removed from the bag. Sal's serious expression softened gradually, being replaced with one that made him seem as though he were daydreaming. He wasn't, however, as he was keeping his attention on the objects being removed from the green fabric, particularly curious about the variety. Was there a reason why this man carried all of these seemingly unrelated things around with him? Probably. Was he going to find out now? Not likely. It was obvious that there was cooperation, not a struggle, so it was much easier to let the question stay buried in his mind for the time being. After all, it was about time he had a snack, or something.

His eyes widened at the realization that he didn't know what time it was. Sal never wore or carried a watch with him, so it was easy for him to lose track of the hours of the day, especially when they weren't very eventful. After scratching his neck to stop an itch, he looked at the people around him. Guessing that they weren't very concerned with the time at the moment, he sighed inwardly with a subtle pout. It seemed he'd have to wait to find out. Not that it would be difficult, of course, but it wasn't really that big of a deal. Instead of worrying about it, he would just wait and see. After all, Sec was always pretty punctual when it came to snacks and meal times, though that was mostly due to his previous "status" - something he rarely thought about now.

Shaking the thoughts aside, he crossed his arms and shifted his weight to his right leg. Everything seemed fine to him, nothing was particularly out of the ordinary. Scanning over the man's belongings, he nodded. He was about to give up on giving Kit a hard time until Marcie brought up a valid point. They still didn't know why he was here. Frowning, the small captain scratched his fuzzy white ear, placing his hands on his hips rather awkwardly. Despite the discomfort that most strangers felt from Sal's eyes, he knew that he could be quite a welcoming sight to others. His ears perked up, and his tail flailed about excitedly as he thought of what to say.

"You're not here to play games, are you, Mister Estenial? I mean, it would be pretty neat, but I figure you're not. You wouldn't be hiding down here..." Inhaling sharply, his eyes widened at a fleeting thought. "Unless you were playing hide-and-seek! Oooh, but you're not here for that, either...I don't even know how you got here in the first place! Hmmm..." Tapping his foot contemplatively, the Ishvallan chimera snapped his fingers. "Maybe- ...No...but then, why ARE you here?"
Sal
Sal
PENDING

-Case File-
Writer:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kit Estenial Tue Jul 31, 2012 6:14 pm

Kit started off by adhering to this Sec's orders, taking the case slowly and unlocking it with a small key in his back pocket, talking as he did, "A musician, an artist, a wanderer, I am all of these things, though I do want to apologize for coming in unannounced, that was rather rude of me" He turned it around and lifted the black leather lid slowly and inside lied a beautiful dark mahogany violin, with new strings and an extra pack of strings in an exposed compartment with wood polish and a cloth, a bow inlaid in the lid. Nothing suspicious within it, and soon, the violin was taken from the case by Kit's masterful hands, his other hand taking the bow gingerly and beginning to play a small sea shanty song, as he began to explain himself.

"The way I live, sir, there is always time for games. Freedom is both a burden and virtue, but I take it with stride. As to explain why I'm here, I was heading for Amestris on a little...quest of mine, which I'd rather not delve into detail about, all I will say is that I'm looking for something special. Your boat seemed like a reasonable place to stay, so I tumbled aboard and took residence in the cargo hold, I don't believe I had slept in...three-four days, so the entire stay was a blur. I intended to work off the fee, but as I've said, I fell asleep quite quickly. I intend to pay you back in full, by any means necessary, whether that be labor or money"

And with that, the song ended with his arms dropping to a rested position, smiling at his new company. He'd had only really talked with the voice for several years, it was at least refreshing to speak with actual PEOPLE.
Kit Estenial
Kit Estenial
VORACIOUS BANDERSNATCH

-Case File-

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 06, 2012 1:54 pm

Tap, tap. The click of heels would resonate in the air as a woman led herself down the hall. Having risen from her cabin room, she decided to look and see what the chaos was all about. As she hit the dark of the room, it hurt only a bit; her eyes adjusting to the extreme darkness. Her eyes closed briefly and soon she was looking at a group of what seemed to be upset pirates and a man whose face seemed.. familiar. Her body looked very un-piratish with her white lab coat buttoned up and her hair pulled back in a ponytail for the day. Indeed they may pillage and plunder, but Kata made sure to pirate in style, pushing her sunglasses out of her eyes. The blue-green irises that took in the scene with her usual amused and gentle grin.

The ship rocked and she could only catch a few sparse words while her son came flying out from behind her, bandana on his head and a fake wooden sword in hand. "ON YOUR GUARD, VILLAIN!" The red-haired boy shouted in his own mock pirate-y accent. His green eyes glaring angrily at the white haired man though standing behind the rest of the group. As if he could take down a full-grown man. The thought made Kata laugh inwardly at tad, covering her mouth as she did so. The determination in the small boy was quite entertaining, how she loved her son.

Back on focus, she crossed her arms upon her chest and looked over the group. Of course, looking at Sec was like looking at a giant. Intimidating as all Hell, yet he seemed to be nice from what she'd seen here and there. The sprinkled meetings. Yes, being the ship doctor made her the least pirate-y of a group or pirates or so some might have thought. Her voice was a bit thick as she spoke first in her native tongue. "Darren, come over here, sweetie." Then her attention was up to the group. A bit of an accent on her words. "Sorry, seems I'm a bit late to the meeting. What exactly is going on?" Her accent was still rather obvious and her eyes took in as much as she could.

A case, a white-haired boy- Oh wait. "Fancy seeing you here, Kit." She spoke in her usual lilt. Her eyes turning to a friendly grin. The strange foreign man had come aboard their ship. How odd. Coincidence. When was it he had come to visit her house? She could of sworn it was only a few weeks ago, maybe it was months and she had just lost track of time? Hrmm.. Her mind wandered and she found she wasn't paying attention again. Everyone was down here though, well most everyone anyways. A head bumped into her head and instinctively, her fingers found the hair in her boy's hair.

He was glaring as if mad at everyone down there, clinging to his mother's leg. Aaa, sometimes it didn't feel like he was seven at all. Turning her attention down to him, she spoke to him. "Calm down, it's okay." Her hand stroked through his hair softly and motherly, sort of in a little world with him there. "He could be dangerous. He has a suspicious weapon!"

.."A violin is a suspicious weapon?" Soft confusion set on her face while she looked down towards him. A separate conversation. Inside she couldn't help but laugh, outwards she was giving him the oddest of looks. Her son gave her a kind of mean look before pouting and crossing his arms. As if she were picking on him. Kata simply laughed and pulled him into a hug. This of course knocked his head into her stomach. Once again, she found her attention on the rather angry group. What had this old friend done to upset the crew? It really made her wonder.

Back to top Go down

Post by Marcelina H. de León Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:12 pm

Clearly this trespasser did not have too many nefarious intentions. Cap'n Sal had not given the order to attack and this Kit-person had managed to lull Sec as well. Well, that was all well and good then. As they weren't going to be killing him or imprisoning him... well, there were other things to be done. Marcelina slowly withdrew her blades, from Sec and Kit's direction. She stepped back as Kata arrived, son in tow. She was knew to the ship but clearly had Sal's respect. Unfortunately, Marcelina and Kata were not the most conversational of types, due to the lack of language similarities. They managed Amestrian on occasion, but it was slim. She seemed nice enough. But now it really was a party... one that Marcelina never really intended on being invited to. She moved back again as Kata's son appeared as well. “Cap'n, I'll be up top, if you need me.” She nodded at Kata and Sec. She glanced over at Kit. “It seems you're off the hook... for now.

She moved out of the hold of the ship and up to the deck. The rain had slowed to a drizzle. A frustrated sigh released from her lips. The umbrellas. She had half a mind to chop them down... but that would be rather rude of her. She opted for taking down a few to give her decent space. Then she lifted Parley, pointing down to the opposite end of the ship. “En garde.” With a chuckle, she stepped forward and began her dance.

[EXIT THREAD]

Marcelina H. de León
Marcelina H. de León
PENDING

-Case File-
Writer:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sec Invidia Sun Aug 12, 2012 1:37 pm

Ah, Se had to smile ever so slightly as Sal pondered which games Kit may have been playing, such as hide-and-seek, one of Sal's personal favorites, as Sec knew. His smile would've dissipated soon after, however, but then, per his own instructions, Kit opened the case, revealing the instrument within, as Sec had figured really WAS inside; he merely had to check. While he doubted it, Kit could've potentially been an assassin! Sal was Captain, of course, and while Sec didn't know exactly hat Sal was for a while he figured someone may have come with bad intentions due to the nature of Sal at the time, not even too long ago, since he'd been normal again. Then there was Marcelina, and Sec didn't quite know her backstory. Rebecca, he also didn't know too well, regrettably, but he knew she was filled to the brim and beyond with intel on practically everything, Katayuun was new, but her backstory was also not know, and as for himself, he was the technical heir to the Gelemortian throne, and formerly dealt with a wanted criminal, and his assassin, who could be clearing up witnesses. Who knew who an assassin would be after? It was that paranoid watchfulness that made Sec the ultimate guardian of The Ole Miss that he strove to be...

As he contemplated such things, Kit played a lovely piece, an old pirate's tune, but nice nonetheless. He was a bit entranced, honestly, and only just caught the main points of what Kit was saying. As Kit finished, Sec heard the shouts of a small child, and smiled down at little Darren, then smiling at his mother, with a polite nod, before turning back to kit, as Marcelina finally released he and Kit from the threat of being painfully stabbed.

Anywho, as Marcie left, Sec's ears caught Kata's words, as he realized she seemed to know the man. "You know him, Ms. Lokhart?" And after he asked that, and possibly received an answer, he had to chuckle at Darren and Kata's discussion over the lethality of a violin.
Sec Invidia
Sec Invidia
PENDING

-Case File-
Writer:

Back to top Go down

Post by Shula Brighton Sun Aug 26, 2012 12:34 pm

{BUMP}
Shula Brighton
Shula Brighton
PENDING

-Case File-
Writer:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kit Estenial Sun Aug 26, 2012 1:56 pm

Kit was genuinely pleased when the woman walked in. It had felt like ages since he'd last seen Katayuun Lokhart, the beauty of Carraig. The only thing that matched her looks were her hospitality, and that she had extended to him without a second though. As he ended his little chanty, he put down his violin and smiled brightly, brushing snowy locks from his eyes; he'd have to cut his hair soon, it was starting to get out of hand. He was extremely happy to be meeting these interesting people, though....what was Katayuun doing here? He thought she lived in Carraig, so why was she on a ship? Kit furrowed his brow, his tail ticking away like the pendulum in a clock, something he often did when he thought.

Then all look of thought cleared his face, his face undoing itself into a calm visage. Why should he care, why'd he have to know? Part of life was the mystery of it, besides the information wasn't very important. He was just glad he saw a familiar face, though, he still felt he was indebted to these people. He had no money, and if he had, it would've been used to procure a hotel room and this misunderstanding would never had happened. Though, being poor, or penniless rather, had it's ups. He extended his arms expectantly at Katayuun, he believed a hug was necessary, as he spoke to the others.

"Well, I can't just stay here for free, that's not how things work. If there's anything you need done or some sort of service, I hope you could accept that as payment for your unintentional hospitality."
Kit Estenial
Kit Estenial
VORACIOUS BANDERSNATCH

-Case File-

Back to top Go down

Post by Sal Sun Sep 02, 2012 7:53 pm

It seemed that the little captain would soon have his answer, as this unannounced visitor began to open up the instrument case, which Sal could only guess was for a violin. The fact that Sec had more or less demanded to see the contents almost made him laugh, but he wasn't exactly sure why. As Sal listened to Kit's short autobiography, he had to wonder how a person managed to be skilled at so many things. The fact that everything was creatively fueled hadn't occurred to him, so it just seemed, overall, fairly impressive. The chimera didn't have much time to think about what possible talents he might have that he could develop to become sufficiently multi-talented and would have to put it off until later, but he didn't mind. There were other things that needed his attention.

Smiling as the violin began to produce sound, he listened intently to Kit's explanation of how and why he ended up on the ship. They were finally getting somewhere, and the best was saved for last. Pay him back? Money? Labor? Sal had been reading more recently to help him communicate better with the more formally verbose, and Kit was one of them, so luckily he knew what that particular word meant.

Katayuun and Darren's arrival earlier had been comical, but Sal's attention was on Kit. It seemed he had a new subject of fascination, and when he had those, they tended to last a bit. Since Xan hadn't been around as much as he had before, it was no surprise that he had been subconsciously searching for something to draw his attention. By the looks of things, he seemed to have found it. Giving Marcie a nod and a wave as she left the confines of the ship, the little captain gave Mister Estenial an assessing look. It could be neat to keep him around, even if it was only temporary as atonement for his staying without permission. Not that Sal particularly minded. He couldn't just let him go, though. Shooting him a grin, Sal decided that he would do his best to keep this one around. They'd possible be able to acquire another family (or crew) member in the process.

"Well, Mister Estenial, if you put it that way, I'm sure we can find something for you to do to help out...but give me a little time to think about it. Until then, you can stay on the ship or come inside if you need somewhere to stay. I don't think I need to stay in here for anything else, so I'm going to get to the other stuff I have to do today before it starts to rain," the small kitten said, shaking his head in disapproval at the thought of rain. "If you have any ideas of what you might be able to help out with, then you can come and let me know. If I'm not at the Crew's Quarters, then I'm probably somewhere in the city taking care of business. Sec will show you to the Quarters and help you get settled in, if that's what you want, unless Kat's willing to do it," Sal explained as he gave the two aforementioned pirates a look that demanded they decide quickly. Turning on his heel, he headed out of the body of the ship with a wave. There were some other things that he needed to...attend to.

[EXIT THREAD]
Sal
Sal
PENDING

-Case File-
Writer:

Back to top Go down

Post by Csilla Angelis Sun Sep 16, 2012 1:05 pm

{BUMP}
Csilla Angelis