Modern Day Alchemists
WHY AREN'T YOU SIGNED IN!$#%@? -sends Aurel after you-

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Modern Day Alchemists
WHY AREN'T YOU SIGNED IN!$#%@? -sends Aurel after you-
Modern Day Alchemists
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» This is the end I fear
Elias Bechtel's Alchemy EmptySat Mar 19, 2022 4:18 pm by Reila Tsukino

» Best wishes
Elias Bechtel's Alchemy EmptyThu Sep 17, 2020 12:08 pm by Reila Tsukino

» Simon Eris
Elias Bechtel's Alchemy EmptyFri Nov 15, 2013 1:57 pm by ChaosAlchemist

» Pumpkin Spice
Elias Bechtel's Alchemy EmptyWed Nov 06, 2013 4:13 pm by Rhea Stevenson

» BARBERSHOP BRUNCH, BRO'S.
Elias Bechtel's Alchemy EmptyWed Nov 06, 2013 12:54 pm by Wolfgang Murinyo

» Training Private Daw (Open to Amestrian Militants Only)
Elias Bechtel's Alchemy EmptyMon Nov 04, 2013 6:07 pm by Dawsic

» AKI'S NEW FORUM
Elias Bechtel's Alchemy EmptyMon Oct 21, 2013 12:59 am by Silvac

» Baldursdóttir, Ymir [done]
Elias Bechtel's Alchemy EmptyThu Oct 17, 2013 5:56 pm by Jay Furor

» Practice Makes PERFECTION
Elias Bechtel's Alchemy EmptyMon Oct 14, 2013 11:19 am by Zayne O'Reilly

» Just a Checkup
Elias Bechtel's Alchemy EmptyThu Oct 10, 2013 8:55 am by Crassus

Who is online?
In total there are 7 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 7 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 74 on Wed Sep 10, 2014 4:45 am
Join us on Facebook!

Elias Bechtel's Alchemy

Go down

Elias Bechtel's Alchemy Empty Elias Bechtel's Alchemy

Post by Guest Mon Apr 08, 2013 1:30 am

CASE FILE: Transmutation Equipment
Elias Bechtel's Alchemy 2nixn42 Elias Bechtel's Alchemy 2nixn42 Elias Bechtel's Alchemy 2nixn42

Elias Bechtel
NAME:
→ Elias Bechtel's Polymerization, AKA "Woolification"

TYPE:
→ Alchemy: Basic

LEVEL:
→ One

FORM:
→ Elias has this circle etched into a desk back at home, which he hasn't had much contact with ever since he enlisted as a soldier. He can however, draw this circle with chalk (or traced in the dirt) on the fly.

BRIEFING:
→ The circle contains a row of three diamonds with a triangle on each end. This shape inside can be drawn as a single line crossing over itself several times. It can constructs thin chains or stands of a solid material. It can construct these chains from a solid block of material or even from a powdered substance. These strands usually take on a form similar to cotton or wool. When used on a metal, it takes on a form similar to steel wool. In fact, when using this transmutation with iron or steel, steel wool is a very precise description of the resulting substance. This isn't very useful offensively or defensively, though its makes a useful utensil for scrubbing dishes and is a great substitute for sandpaper. This technique usually has the effect of creating heat, especially when used to make extremely thin strands from a solid block of metal. Care must be taken if creating particularly fine strands of metal, since they become more flammable and may spark in its own heat. Although, if done in a dark setting, this sparking can be used to put on quite a show, dazzling onlookers with a display of lights. This transmutation does not require much knowledge, except for the shear friction required to separate the bonds holding the metal together. Plastics are more tricky to perform this transmutation on. Knowledge of particular monomers which make up the polymer chains and their general orientation must be known, then this transmutation can construct plastic from its monomers or can separate the chains, reducing the plastic to a soupy mess.

PICTURE:
Spoiler:

SPECIAL ABILITIES:

→ Elias can create a steel-wool-like substance out of any metal he is familiar with (iron, steel, gold, silver, aluminum, tin, copper, bronze, etc). He is fully aware of the heating involved and the impressive sparking which can be caused by it. He has made use of the sparks to start campfires on occasion. Studying the wool from his family business, he has a fairly decent understanding of the construction of simple polymers. Given the right organic compounds, he can successfully produce basic polymers like polyethylene and nylon, though only in a soupy form, but when dried, appears as a fabric with a cotton-like texture.

Last edited by Elias Bechtel on Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:38 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : removing repeat paragraph and steel wool clarification)

Back to top Go down

Elias Bechtel's Alchemy Empty Re: Elias Bechtel's Alchemy

Post by Reila Tsukino Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:41 pm

REVISE

So hold on, you're saying he can transmute any metal into a STEEL wool? Each type of metal would probably be considered a different ability I think because it would involve a different process, yes?

Also you can take out that repeated paragraph that is under your picture! ^_^
Reila Tsukino
Reila Tsukino
PENDING

-Case File-
Level:
Writer:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:28 am

Ya, i guess I should clarify what I meant by steel wool. I meant that the geometry/texture of the resulting substance would resemble that of steel wool, but the resulting substance would remain chemically the same as the original substance. For example, steel would become steel wool, but copper would become like steel wool in shape/form, except made of copper, "copper" wool, for a lack of a better term. The process would remain virtually the same in both scenarios, since metallic bonds of one metal is driven by the same principles as the metallic bonds of another.

But I suppose this does lampshade the ability to do this both to metals and to plastics, since the two are technically not quite the same in principle, since metals are joined by metallic bonds, while polymers are joined by covalent bonds, and polymers are joined through other electromagnetic-type forces. If this is a problem, then i will make the necessary edits. Otherwise, I have finished making my edits.

Back to top Go down

Post by Reila Tsukino Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:16 am

APPROVED

You know what you're talking about. I don't really see a problem with this being considered one ability. Just don't abuse it and you'll be fine (though I doubt you will/could). ;D
Reila Tsukino
Reila Tsukino
PENDING

-Case File-
Level:
Writer:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down