Modern Day Alchemists
WHY AREN'T YOU SIGNED IN!$#%@? -sends Aurel after you-

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Modern Day Alchemists
WHY AREN'T YOU SIGNED IN!$#%@? -sends Aurel after you-
Modern Day Alchemists
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» This is the end I fear
Her First Word EmptySat Mar 19, 2022 4:18 pm by Reila Tsukino

» Best wishes
Her First Word EmptyThu Sep 17, 2020 12:08 pm by Reila Tsukino

» Simon Eris
Her First Word EmptyFri Nov 15, 2013 1:57 pm by ChaosAlchemist

» Pumpkin Spice
Her First Word EmptyWed Nov 06, 2013 4:13 pm by Rhea Stevenson

» BARBERSHOP BRUNCH, BRO'S.
Her First Word EmptyWed Nov 06, 2013 12:54 pm by Wolfgang Murinyo

» Training Private Daw (Open to Amestrian Militants Only)
Her First Word EmptyMon Nov 04, 2013 6:07 pm by Dawsic

» AKI'S NEW FORUM
Her First Word EmptyMon Oct 21, 2013 12:59 am by Silvac

» Baldursdóttir, Ymir [done]
Her First Word EmptyThu Oct 17, 2013 5:56 pm by Jay Furor

» Practice Makes PERFECTION
Her First Word EmptyMon Oct 14, 2013 11:19 am by Zayne O'Reilly

» Just a Checkup
Her First Word EmptyThu Oct 10, 2013 8:55 am by Crassus

Who is online?
In total there are 5 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 5 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 74 on Wed Sep 10, 2014 4:45 am
Join us on Facebook!

Her First Word

Go down

Her First Word Empty Her First Word

Post by Guest Sun May 05, 2013 3:51 am

"Da...dda?" He had raised the gun from the pouch on his hip, pointing it towards the mess of flesh and bone that lay upon the ground, surrounded by the bloodied circle. His eyes were half-closed, not wanting to look at it--he knew what it was, but he didn't want to admit that he did. It wasn't his daughter, his Anya. His right hand shook horribly, the barrel of the pistol pointed forwards at the thing. "Anya... my girl." He hesitated for a second, the finger brushing over the weapon's trigger as if ready to fire. "Can I do it?" He wondered why he was talking out loud--or even to himself--it wasn't right, and the first sign of madness. His eyes were edged with tears, and he wanted to scream away the pain. "Can I kill my daughter... again?" Swallowing back bile, the man backed away from the circle and kept moving until he felt the cool stone through his clothes. He couldn't help but stare at it now, crawling towards him. "Da...dda?" It was his sin. It was his foolishness and stupidity that caused this creation to be loosed upon the world. So why couldn't he stop it?

"It's not her... IT'S NOT ANYA!" With a sudden gain in power, the man raised the gun up at the figure on the ground and pulled the trigger--once, twice, three times in total. The first two missed, the sound of steel hitting stone resounding in his ears. The third hit, however, and Taras was reminded of the noise that a bullet made when coursing through flesh and bone. He felt sick and turned on his side, dry retching the lack of food. His body tried to eject everything inside, but it couldn't do any more than he had. Tears dropped down his cheeks, and he screamed out the pain as much as he could. "My daughter... m-my daughter... Anya...."

---

He wasn't sure how much time had passed. He wandered through the cold and empty streets of Moscow, a cigarette between his lips. He'd always been told to stop by that mysterious shadow, but he couldn't do it right now. He needed to calm his nerves. He reached up and gripped the cigarette between shaking fingers, breathing out a long plume of smoke mixed with steam from his breath, before putting it back between his lips. It was over for him. Nothing was left; he couldn't live with himself anymore. His negligence had caused not only the death of his daughter, but the requirement to kill his daughter once more. "I'm... simply a fool." He laughed dryly into the air, but none of it seemed to have any effect on his mood. "Fuck... what have I done?" He needed to stop this. He was a soldier. He was meant to be emotionless. Why couldn't he just let it all go? What could he do?

Back to top Go down

Her First Word Empty Re: Her First Word

Post by Iris Sun May 05, 2013 9:50 am

It was Drachma. It was cold. The bitterness reminded her of home... the one she lost and the one she missed sorely. It was as if a part of her was yanked right out of her grasp. The very building she had lived in for over a year was more of a home than the 'family' she'd had for years. Sure she'd loved them, but there was something about being adopted that always formed a rift. Besides they always treated her sister with more affection. Not that she could blame them. After all, iris looked like an alien with the pink hair and all. She looked nothing like the rest of them. Not like Iris really cared either. She was 20, now. A grown adult (though she'd been on her own since 17). Her eyes were glossed over. Memories were here. Some of the foulest ones she'd have.

As soon as she'd stepped into the streets, all she could smell was blood. Blood and gun smoke. It made her gag, and in a moment, Iris was choking on her owns breaths. Even her shoulder just ached dully at what had transpired in this country. It wasn't the country's fault, but that didn't help the situation. She didn't like being here and if it weren't for the act she'd lost something here.. she'd not be here.

It was a decision she'd regretted from the moment she ran from that massacre. She had left the locket. Though it wasn't really important anymore, it felt disrespectful to just leave them all in the dust. Even if her sister was long gone, now.. It was the sort of thing that she just felt was needed. If they could hear her from beyond, she whispered a silent apology. And now, she might never even see it! "Ugh.. This is ridiculous." Iris muttered in annoyance. "I'm searching all of fucking Drachma for a damned necklace." Oddly enough, she kept faith and kept looking. There was no one around, but a single man walking. "I'm... simply a fool." She couldn't understand him, but curiosity piqued at her. At first she thought he was on the phone, but his hands were occupied. She was the only one there...? Was he talking to her. "Fuck... what have I done?" More gibberish that she didn't understand. Her body whipped to look at his and she grabbed his shoulder. Probably not the best idea. "Look sir, I don't understand your language, okay?"
Iris
Iris
PASSIONATE REMNANT

-Case File-
Level:
Writer: Ammy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 05, 2013 10:15 am

If it were any other day, the errant Alchemist would've noticed the sound of a person approaching him from behind. He prided himself on his skills as a ghost, and a ghost was always the one capable of being there when nobody else was, before disappearing not too long afterwards. But this time, the ears only heard sorrow; not footsteps. The cyan-blue eyes that would normally watch for everything were closed to the world, only watching in front--not around, below and behind as well. This man was normally absorbed more in the world around him than the world within his own mind--so much so, that even a mouse skittering past would not go unnoticed. But right now, it was not any other day. Today, he had to do the unthinkable. Today, he had to do what he didn't ever think he'd need to do. He reached up to his lips to pull the cigarette out, but found that it was no longer there--he figured that it had disappeared and continued on moping anyway.

My Anya... He was a ghost of his former self--ironic, really. His steps were slow and sluggish; the man not willing to accept that death. He wanted to kill himself--he wanted to pull the gun up and end it--so why couldn't he? His fingers twitched over the weapon, holstered upon his hip. He could do it. He could end it right now. But what was the point? He had lost his daughter, now and forever--she was even further beyond the Gate than ever before. Truth had taken his price, and yet he couldn't recall what that price was. He just knew that there were portions of his memory missing. Things he should know, but couldn't reach. It hurt so much.

At that moment, he felt all strength leave his legs. He dropped to his knees, the weapon falling from its holster and spinning out onto the cement. He could do it. He should--there was no reason for him not to. He started to crawl forwards, not noticing the presence that was now right behind him. His knees dragged through the slurry, and he felt his fingers scrape over the cold steel. "Yes..." The pistol was raised into the air with shaking hand, moved slowly over towards the temple that he could finish it within. "Just... one shot." He'd moved to Amestrian without thinking as the steel almost reached him. Just one...

A hand touched onto his shoulder, and a voice shook him out of his stupor. "Look sir, I don't understand your language, okay?" "The fu--" The pistol fired. It barely missed him, and it certainly missed the girl. he didn't know if he'd done that purposely, or if his finger had just brushed over the trigger in his fright, but he turned around and fell onto his ass, staring up at the source of the voice. Above him was a rather beautiful woman. Pink hair, and breathtaking eyes. He felt something weird when his eyes brushed over hers, so he didn't look for too long. He could've surveyed further down if he wished--but he felt that it was improper in this situation. Instead, he just opened his lips. "What? What is it? My words weren't for you."

Back to top Go down

Post by Iris Sun May 05, 2013 10:35 am

BANG. "HOLY SHIT!" Iris shouted in surprise. She hadn't seen the gun or where it tried to shoot, but she did feel her ears vibrate. The sound was so loud in the air that she could barely hear anything above the ringing. "DIDN'T YOU KEEP THE SAFETY ON?!" Her hand flashed forward and gripped the weapon. Cold steel pressed into her hand and suddenly something messed with her mind and she was seeing things. "What? What is it? My words weren't for you." She could barely understand while her mind swirled into the memory of the weapon.

Memories flooded her as she touched it. In her fright, she must have activated one of her abilities. The replayed memory was of the gun's last memory.. of the man.. the last few hours. He'd done it all. He'd lost, he'd tried to revive and now he was- It was a young girl.. Anya..? Was that her name? Was Iris hearing things? At first she thought she was delusional, but then it all warped back to the present time, where the gun saw her. It had the man whispering to the gun, a feeling flooded her and then fear. She could recall something that happened only seconds ago.

"No... You didn't.." Her voice was a mix of confusion, realization and nothingness. This man was going to- Kill himself?! Suddenly it all formed into rage. HE WAS GOING TO KILL HIMSELF?! WHAT. THE. FUCK?!

"ARE YOU SOME KIND OF RETARD?!" She switched on the safety real quick and then looked at him with narrowed and angry eyes. With the gun in hand, she brought it down hard on his head (not enough to really hurt him, but enough to make it sting) three times in total. Then, she shoved it in his chest. "This gun is meant to protect precious life, not for ending your pity party. Grow some balls." Sure it was a little harsh of her to beat a depressed man, but Iris couldn't help but show her rage as it boiled up. This man was so stupid. Even in her times of severe depression she hadn't tried to kill herself. It was a strange feeling to her. As if this man clicked in her mind.

What a strange situation where she stopped a Drachman man from killing himself. Was it growth or just coincidence? She wasn't sure, but her eyes gleamed almost red in the lighting, despite the dark pink they normally were.
Iris
Iris
PASSIONATE REMNANT

-Case File-
Level:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 05, 2013 11:39 am

She shouted. Why would she shout? What was there any reason to shout about? Taras was confused, as he knelt there with the gun in his right hand, now pointed upwards into the air. His eyes widened as he slowly turned his head towards the weapon in his hand--he had only just realized what he had been about to do. "DIDN'T YOU KEEP THE SAFETY ON?!" Though she may have been shouting, Taras really didn't have any idea as to what was going on. His eyes remained wide as he stared outwards at the weapon, studying the generic handgun with a frightened expression. I... tried to...? He felt her fingers briefly brush over his as she gripped the weapon, and he didn't resist as she pulled it away and switched off the safety. It didn't register that she'd had a moment of memory recognition in front of him--the only thing that was going through his mind at the time were the thoughts of his own foolishness.

"I... tried..." He swallowed back bile once more, feeling his entire stomach trying to push its way into his throat again. He wanted to just lay down and wake up--this must've been a bad dream. He would close his eyes and sleep--all would be well once more. He would be woken up by his lovely little daughter, back in his warm home in Moskovy. They'd have breakfast together and enjoy a lovely day, free from the troubles of war. But deep down, he knew that would never happen. Anya was gone, as was her mother. It would not take sleep to bring that back, and death was just as foolish. He was convinced of that, so why did he attempt to kill himself?

"--ME KIND OF RETARD?!" No, he was not mentally disabled, thank you very much. It was foolish to eve--oh right. He was about to retort, when the hard steel of his weapon came down on his head. "Ow!" And again. "Bitch!" And once more. "Fucker!" He brought his hand up to catch it on the fourth, but it was shoved into his chest instead--the girl had some surprising strength behind her, knocking him backwards onto his ass again. "This gun is meant to protect precious life, not for ending your pity party. Grow some balls." He stared for a few seconds. Protect... precious life? Protect precious life?! He felt like laughing. He wanted to laugh in her face. He wanted to open his mouth, give her the biggest shit-eating grin that he could muster, and just laugh his troubles away. He instead lowered his gaze.

"Hmph. Such a naïve viewpoint." Refusing to elaborate, he looked to the side with a grimace. "Why should you care, Amestrian woman?" He figured that she was Amestrian--she didn't speak Drachman, and that was the first language she had attempted to communicate in. Sure, her features were somewhat Aerguese, but he wasn't exactly studying her features--it was dark, his eyes were rimmed with tears, and he was a little more focused on the fact that he had attempted to kill himself just before. "Do you just approach random strangers in the street daily, or do you do it to make fun of the ones with nowhere else to go?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Iris Sun May 05, 2013 12:10 pm

"Hmph. Such a naïve viewpoint. Why should you care, Amestrian woman?" She felt her face flush a bit. The rage pushing up again. Was he questioning her- Well he had reason to. Why DID she care? She didn't know this man and now she knew more about his life than probably most people would ever know. It was an awkward situation where she just felt the need, as some would call fate? She wasn't sure. All she knew is that she probably either prevented that man from killing himself or guaranteed he would try again later. Why had she intervened in this man's life? She took in the pitiful sight of a man and felt a twinge. Was it sympathy? No.. it was just familiar. She could simply recall by his face, his voice she'd felt similarly.

"Do you just approach random strangers in the street daily, or do you do it to make fun of the ones with nowhere else to go?"

Iris smirked. "Just the attractive ones." To emphasize, she winked at him. It couldn't be helped. It was just how Iris was. "Though I'd measure about an 8. Personality counts you know and I really don't find the emo-centric try and kill myself thing that attractive." Her tongue stuck out, since she was naturally teasing him, but soon she was serious again.

"Look, I'm not sure why I care, but I do and that's all that really matters. I'd hate to see you throw your life away." She shrugged her shoulders. A hand extended to him, offering him help up if he took it. If not, then oh well. She wasn't too concerned about it and he didn't seem like the type to like being touched really.
Iris
Iris
PASSIONATE REMNANT

-Case File-
Level:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 05, 2013 12:32 pm

A comment on his attractiveness, followed by a wink. Even if it were only momentary, the comment caught Taras off-guard enough to bring out a genuine smirk from him--a smirk that lasted for a moment and then receded back into the scowl that had been lining his face for most of this conversation. Though I'd measure about an 8. Personality counts you know and I really don't find the emo-centric try and kill myself thing that attractive." He chuckled. It was a fake chuckle, and really only meant to be a responder. He didn't really know what to say from this woman, but he sure as hell wasn't in any state to flirt back. Any other day, sure, whatever--but today, he really didn't have the energy to. "Shit happens. Bad day, and all that." He casually looked over to the side, still holding a lot of his cards close to his chest--he refused to reveal his emotions any more than he had. He didn't trust this girl that much, though her stopping him from ending his own life actually brought her up a notch.

That put her at notch one.

"Look, I'm not sure why I care, but I do and that's all that really matters. I'd hate to see you throw your life away." From the flirtatious teasing back to seriousness. He sighed quietly as she reached out her hand--at this point, he had a bit of a dilemma. She could be RIOTE. He was AWOL, and if she was here to bring him back, he didn't know what'd happen. Her strength was something to be worried about, and that was gleaned merely from a few soft hits on the head and the chest.

However, most RIOTE personnel wouldn't care that he was about to commit suicide. Therefore, he trusted her enough to take her hand. When their skin touched, he felt a jolt of emotion that didn't show on his face. He wondered how long it had been since he'd been able to touch skin this soft and warm. It felt weird, frankly. It had been months, if not almost a year since he'd been able to hold his daughter's hand--and that was quite possibly the last time he'd been able to do such a thing. So... to be able to hold the hand of another person and realize that he wasn't dead? This was strange. He slowly got to his feet (with her assistance) and attempted to brush himself off, but the dirt and water weren't having it. God, he hated Drachma. At least the snow at Briggs stayed fucking solid.

"I suppose... that I need to apologize. I wasn't in a right state of mind, and the suicide would've been a whim that I didn't even really think through. I've just... had a rough day, with some shit I didn't want to do." He chuckled again, though this one was actually genuine. "Makarov... Taras.. Taras Makarov." He sorta stumbled over his words, as if forgetting his name almost. He didn't mention RIOTE. He refused to be associated with those monsters. His voice was semi-monotonous, showing as little emotion as possible, yet still having enough variation to sound at least somewhat human.

Back to top Go down

Post by Iris Sun May 05, 2013 12:57 pm

Bad day my ass. She muttered in her head. However, she didn't say anything, because knowing the man's past without permission was accidental and likely a hard thing to explain. How many ways to creep a person out? Try mark one: Tell him you now know a dark secret of his without him telling you. Yep. Completely normal. Fuck life. She sighed heavily. There was a wall around him. An intangible wall and she could see it. She really shouldn't bother him, but now she was stuck. Knowing about him... it MADE her care. This was a rarity.. sort of. The only people she had ever cared about were those from the Brigg's Brigade and since then.. there was nothing. She had an emptiness she desperately tried to hide through a confident and strong exterior. She was weak, but that didn't mean she had to seem it.

At least she got a smirk out of him. Not quite a smile, but it was better than nothing. She couldn't help but feel a flutter of accomplishment in her chest. It felt similar to pride and was probably one of the few good feelings she had gotten in a long time. "I suppose... that I need to apologize. I wasn't in a right state of mind, and the suicide would've been a whim that I didn't even really think through. I've just... had a rough day, with some shit I didn't want to do. Makarov... Taras.. Taras Makarov."

Iris grinned at him. Her eyes closed as she poked him in the chest. "There's no need to apologize for being who you are. Just don't do it again." She opened her eyes, the pink calming back to the normal magenta it was every other day. He seemed so troubled and Iris could pin it, but that was too personal. Some things were just not to be mentioned. If/when he ever wanted to talk about it, he could. It wasn't something she expected though, because they had just met. What were the chances she would ever see this man again.... Then again she thought the same thing with some of her (now deceased) friends. No.. she'd probably be bugging this man for a while. She wanted to help him, even though she probably wouldn't be much help.

None of her troubling thoughts so much as glinted in her eyes. Her face held it's own smirk, flirtatious and daring, but jovial. "Iris. Iris Tsukino. A pleasure, Mr Makarov." Her hand had long-since let go of his hand. It looked like her amulet would have to wait. She wanted to make sure this man was okay before moving on. Ugh.. there went her day, but oddly.. she felt okay with it.
Iris
Iris
PASSIONATE REMNANT

-Case File-
Level:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 05, 2013 1:34 pm

There really was no need to apologize for who he was. If he did that all the time, then he would simply be shamed as a man who couldn't hack his real self. It would be embarrassing, to say the least. He held back a genuine smile, managing to stop the corners of his mouth from turning up. He looked upwards slightly, staring quietly at the darkness above them while he continued to think. She introduced herself--Iris Tsukino. So she was Aerugese, not Amestrian. He had missed that, but it was a simple enough mistake. No need to get bothered over such a foolish thing.

But now, he was in a strange place in his life. He had lost everything--he would never get his daughter back, and he was willing to end his own life as well. She had stopped that, he thought, as his gaze lowered slightly and he closed his eyes. He let a long gust of breath out from between his lips, letting it run coolly through his teeth as he considered the possibilities that could come out to him now.

He couldn't go back to Briggs. Well, he could--they probably hadn't even missed him. And even if they had, RIOTE probably knew about his daughter. They'd let him grieve and bury her, he was sure--he'd tell them that was the case. But things wouldn't be the same now. He had allied with them in the knowledge that his daughter's safety would be secured--he hadn't expected them to do something like this. They took away the most important thing in his life, because they figured that it wasn't needed anymore. He needed to do something about it. There was no way at all that he could simply go back to Briggs and serve as a part of RIOTE any longer.

"...hm." He turned away from Iris momentarily, and looked around. He had some idea of the time, and judging by the moon's position, it was getting close to six. Not long before the people started streaming through the streets. Not long before the Post Office would open. "I guess you don't live around here, do you?" He didn't know Moscow like Moskovy. His hand slipped into his pocket and he produced a small box, slipping a single stick out of it. He knew that he shouldn't smoke. He had tried to stop, for Anya's sake. But right now...

He raised it up to his lips, produced a lighter and flicked it on. The gun was re-holstered, and the cigarette lit, letting off small coils of smoke. He wondered if the girl cared--he would be sure to look away when he let smoke out. "Now what?" His voice was slightly muffled by the cigarette and the hand, but he was still pretty clear. "I guess that I have to deal with my other problem now, but I dunno if I can fix this one so easily."

Back to top Go down

Post by Iris Sun May 05, 2013 1:52 pm

"I guess you don't live around here, do you?" How did he gue- OH RIGHT! Iris didn't speak a lick of Drachman. And her name was not Drachman either, not that it REALLY meant anything, but it could always contribute to the factors. She smiled at him and went to speak, but got distracted while he pulled out a cigar. Well.. that was different. She didn't exactly like when people smoked, but at least he turned away to blow out the smoke. "Now what? I guess that I have to deal with my other problem now, but I dunno if I can fix this one so easily."

"Well yes, typically you should fix your problems, but often that takes time." She shrugged her shoulders and sighed. Her eyes dropped a moment and she thought of how to respond. A brief breach of sadness flickered in her eyes.

"No. I don't really live around here. Or really anywhere, anymore." She hugged her arms tight across her chest, but passed it off as crossing her arms. "My 'home' was taken by Riote a while ago. So now I'm just kind of aimlessly wandering about like most people." She laughed a little, despite how fake it may have been. "You're not the only one looking for solutions."

NO! She stopped the thoughts again. "I won't bore you with details though, It's not really a fantastic thing to recall." Her smile remained, forced and hiding the sorrow that bubbled beneath. The obsessive and compulsive wouldn't help when trying to cheer a sad man up. "You know what we need? Sweets! I'll treat you." Despite being probably dirt poor, she could scrounge up some money to take the man out for sweets. So what if it was 6 in the morning? So what if the stores were just opening? People were bound to be pushing in anyways, it was better to beat the early worms by BEING the early worms. Muffins sounded good and her stomach was grumbling. If he didn't want to come, that was fine, she'd just try and think of another way to cheer him up, but sugary foods always cheered Iris up now that she could eat them.
Iris
Iris
PASSIONATE REMNANT

-Case File-
Level:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 07, 2013 11:37 pm

The words she had spoken up until this moment, Taras didn't see them of any consequence to his person. They were meaningless words, spoken in an attempt to carry on a conversation that would have likely gone nowhere else. If anything, he was glad that she was trying--but he'd never show it. She seemed to speak of not living anywhere at this point in time, but then she said something that piqued his interest, maybe a little too much. "My 'home' was taken by RIOTE a while ago. So now I'm just kind of aimlessly wandering about like most people." His eyes widened as he slowly turned to face her properly. She.. what?

"Your home... huh." Images flashed in his mind--the soldiers of Briggs, fighting valiantly to return their own home back to its natural state. The redheaded man that he only saw once, with eyes that only looked forwards. Why couldn't he have that strength? That knowledge to do what was right? His right hand clenched into a tight fist, Taras looking down at the ground with a sigh. "I won't bore you with details though, It's not really a fantastic thing to recall." You and me both.

"You know what we need? Sweets! I'll treat you." He shook his head. He knew that she was trying to help, and he did enjoy sweet things as much as, if not more than, the next guy--but now wasn't the time. Her home had been taken by RIOTE. His daughter had come under the same fate. Briggs itself was taken as well. RIOTE only knew how to take--they had never experienced loss. "I..." His entire body was shaking, but it wasn't because of the cold--he didn't know why. He looked up and showed what was quite possibly the most emotion he had shown this woman all this time. "I have to ask. Do you have any connections, at all, to the Amestrian military? If you don't, is there a chance that you can get me to someone who does? This is a hard ask and I understand that--but... I think I know how I can at least belay a little bit of my pain." He would tell her what she needed to know. He... felt that she knew enough to be trust-able.

Back to top Go down

Post by Iris Tue May 07, 2013 11:55 pm

"I.." The man started but stopped. Immediately Iris knew something was wrong. Her head turned and eyes narrowed. What had she said? HAd she hurt his feelings or scared him some way? For the first time since the Briggs Brigade were all slaughtered, she felt her heart almost quiver. His face was.. strange to her. The whole time they had been there, nothing like this had been seen before. There was emotion; a strong emotion on his face that she couldn't exactly explain. Then, the words came.

"I have to ask. Do you have any connections, at all, to the Amestrian military? If you don't, is there a chance that you can get me to someone who does? This is a hard ask and I understand that--but... I think I know how I can at least belay a little bit of my pain."

All joking was gone from her face. He was serious. He was dead serious with his question and Iris felt her own level drop to it. Why was he asking? "What do you need to ask?" She wondered aloud, but then decided there were better ways, easier ways to explain things. "I am Lieutenant Colonel Iris Tsukino, ex head of defense of the Briggs Brigade." She saluted as if the man needed it, but it was more out of habit. Military introductions were needed and though she wasn't in uniform, it was simply a pleasantry for her. She simply smiled at him. "Ask away. I'll help to the best extent I can."
Iris
Iris
PASSIONATE REMNANT

-Case File-
Level:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 08, 2013 12:16 am

She had seen that emotion in his face, but he wasn't sure that he liked that thought. He didn't like showing emotion, he didn't like showing that thing to strangers--but this time, it was necessary. He had an idea in his mind, and he felt the intense need to bring it to fruition. She replied, and his thoughts lightened--for a second.

"I am Lietenant Colonel Iris Tsukino, ex-Head of Defense of the Briggs Brigade." Fuck. Fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck. This wasn't happening. This couldn't be happening. Of course she was ex-Head of Defense. Of course she had to be a part of Briggs. This was the cruel fate that was being laid out for Taras Makarov--but at the same time, it was something that could help him. It meant that this girl would be fired up to attempt to take back Briggs herself. Yes. Take back Briggs. It was the perfect idea. If he was to take Briggs back, he could show RIOTE what it meant to lose. He could show them the folly of holding ones' family to ensure their loyalty. He would show them the monster they had created. Their own worst enemy. He actually grinned.

"Ask away. I'll help to the best extent I can." He sighed quietly, and nodded.

"Alright, but I need to come clean with you first. My name is Taras Makarov, of RIOTE. I am rankless and classless, because I was never truly a part of their ranks. I was an unwilling participant in the capture of Fort Briggs, therefore I assisted in the takeover... of your home." He went onto one knee and lowered his gaze with closed eyes. "RIOTE had my daughter in custody. I had no choice but to assist them." He hated opening up to people; especially when he had only recently met these people. But he had no choice here. If he were to do this, he needed to be as honest as possible with this woman--though only with the things that were necessary. The Human Transmutation would be left out, for obvious reasons. "I apologize for this, but it was in the past. Right now, I have more that I need to do." He stood up and stared her in the eye with a burning intent.

"I am going to take Briggs back from RIOTE."

Back to top Go down

Post by Iris Wed May 08, 2013 12:36 am

"Alright, but I need to come clean with you first. My name is Taras Makarov, of RIOTE. I am rankless and classless, because I was never truly a part of their ranks. I was an unwilling participant in the capture of Fort Briggs, therefore I assisted in the takeover... of your home. RIOTE had my daughter in custody. I had no choice but to assist them." He was kneeling to her. She went to object, but he was still speaking. Sincerity flooded his words. This was so odd. Such an obscene coincidence.. it couldn't be real... It had to be some sort of depression-induced hallucination.

"I am going to take Briggs back from RIOTE."

Iris almost cried. IRIS almost cried to hear those words. It was something even the sweetest poems in the world couldn't do. Naturally she didn't because she was strong, but they glinted with relief, with fire and with passion. Those were the words. The magical words she'd been searching for in the past time where she felt like nothing but a remnant. She was just a faded memory, THEY were just a memory. Nobody mentioned it, nobody even looked at her. It was as if nothing had happened. Life kept going with just the casual replacement of soldiers and the shallow smiles on anybody who had to be moved.. which was so few. the rest were friends locked away in cells and probably tortured or killed.

Nothing else in the world meant anything at that moment. This wasn't wishful thinking. "Oh. I like you." She grinned ear to ear. "I know just where we need to go." The amulet-.... she'd forgotten all about it for now. Something more important was there.. something lasting. Daigoro.. Reila... Einherjar. The first thing I'm doing is demanding a memorial for those who gave their lives for this damn ice wonderland. It was something she'd wanted, but she just couldn't think clearly until now.. until there was someone else who wanted to fight back.

If she WAS dreaming she would rather die inside it then wake up to her home still swarmed with the infection that festered within. She laughed a bit and looked at him, a tear accidentally spilling onto her cheek but of pure joy. She hadn't realized until her cheek was freezing. Briskly, she wiped at it and pulled out her cellphone. "I can schedule a trip back as soon as you're ready to go." This was probably the happiest day of her life.

"Don't worry about it. We'll get those bastards back. I swear it." Probably weird she was trusting a complete stranger with this.. but she.. oddly trusted him. She wasn't sure why.. but there was some sort of connection there. That wasn't her concern for now, though. AT the moment she was more worried about kicking some ass.

[end thread]
Iris
Iris
PASSIONATE REMNANT

-Case File-
Level:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down