Modern Day Alchemists
WHY AREN'T YOU SIGNED IN!$#%@? -sends Aurel after you-

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Modern Day Alchemists
WHY AREN'T YOU SIGNED IN!$#%@? -sends Aurel after you-
Modern Day Alchemists
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» This is the end I fear
Going out to lunch... - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 19, 2022 4:18 pm by Reila Tsukino

» Best wishes
Going out to lunch... - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 17, 2020 12:08 pm by Reila Tsukino

» Simon Eris
Going out to lunch... - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 15, 2013 1:57 pm by ChaosAlchemist

» Pumpkin Spice
Going out to lunch... - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 06, 2013 4:13 pm by Rhea Stevenson

» BARBERSHOP BRUNCH, BRO'S.
Going out to lunch... - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 06, 2013 12:54 pm by Wolfgang Murinyo

» Training Private Daw (Open to Amestrian Militants Only)
Going out to lunch... - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 04, 2013 6:07 pm by Dawsic

» AKI'S NEW FORUM
Going out to lunch... - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 21, 2013 12:59 am by Silvac

» Baldursdóttir, Ymir [done]
Going out to lunch... - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 17, 2013 5:56 pm by Jay Furor

» Practice Makes PERFECTION
Going out to lunch... - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 14, 2013 11:19 am by Zayne O'Reilly

» Just a Checkup
Going out to lunch... - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 10, 2013 8:55 am by Crassus

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 74 on Wed Sep 10, 2014 4:45 am
Join us on Facebook!

Going out to lunch...

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Going out to lunch... - Page 2 Empty Re: Going out to lunch...

Post by Xan Sat May 08, 2010 5:55 pm

Xan was pleased that Riffel and Tsune accepted his offer to be friends, even though he probably seemed like he was a suspicious sort of character. Tsune had raised a good point when he mentioned the fact that normally, people didn’t just stop to aid people on the street, then offer them friendship. Oh well, that was Xan for you, a mysterious character.

The waitress returned with the drinks, and set them down in front of the men who had ordered them. A smoothie for Tsune, water for Riffel, and water for Xan, even though he had not ordered it.

The Ishvalan faced Tsune with an expression of calm amusement.

If you’re wondering why I desire friendship, there are many reasons. Most of them are simple, with a few reasons being more obscure, but don’t worry, I’m not going to ask either of you for an arm or a leg. The main reason for this…generosity of mine is this: I just wanted to have some company tonight, and hopefully forge some friendships in the process because in this world, being alone is not exactly a good thing. Does this answer satisfy you?

While he was speaking, Xan was playing with the water in his glass, using his alchemy to make the water swirl in the glass, then rise out of the glass in the form of a snake. Now he looked like a sort of snake charmer. Many of the guests in the restaurant were looking his way now. Xan however, ignored them and focused his red eyes on Riffel and Tsune.
Xan
Xan
PENDING

-Case File-
Level: 4
Writer:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 08, 2010 6:19 pm

"Yes, that answer does satisfy me," Tsune said with a kind smile. "Well, if we're friends now, then I have to force you to accompany me to lunch another time," Tsune looked to the side with the annoyance of the words he was about to speak next: "except it'll have to be...after I get paid." He laughed, embarrassed, and took a long sip of the smoothie that was placed in front of him. "Mmmph...good." He couldn't help saying it, for the taste and all it's glory had assailed him and took control of his mouth and all its functions.

When he raised his eyes from the pink and orange glass of magnificence, Tsune caught sight of Xan's water swirling. He looked around to see if there was something causing it before he realized that it was Xan, the charmer, creating a snake from the liquid. Tsune's reaction wasn't one that would normally be expected, seeing as he was laughing again with no sign of surprise at all. "So there was something about you," His smile turned into a smirk as he removed one of his black gloves, revealing the metal of his Automail. He held up his other hand to reveal that he wasn't going to do anything dangerous and gingerly rubbed his hands together until the transmutation circle on the glove he'd left on glowed a violet blue. Tsune reached out calmly with his pointed finger and brushed it along the snake until it became covered with a layer of electricity that shot up and down it, making light crackling noises. Tsune wasn't worried since the small noises couldn't be overheard through the various noises of plates and restaurant sounds around them. After a small while, Tsune removed his finger, wiping the small amount of water off it onto his pants, and putting his glove back on. "It seems we've met for a reason."

Last edited by Tsune on Thu May 13, 2010 1:34 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 12, 2010 1:07 am

Riffel looked at the outlines of all the different kinds of food that were put down before them. Although he couldn't see them, they all smelled delicious. He wondered where he should start first maybe that one over there...or maybe the other one on the other side. Ahhh~! They all smelled so good, he just couldn't choose which one. He piled a bit of everything onto his plate and started to taste everything one at a time. "Mmmm~ this food is amazing! Xan, you're a lifesaver...literally"

As he ate, he watched Xan's outline, as he started to play with his water in the glass. It swirled magnificently around like a mini snake. As it coiled up towards Xan, he saw Tsune's outline reach out and lightly brush the water. He couldn't see any change, strange...but then he heard something faint...it was the same sound he recalled during a stormy day. Was this...electricity? Careful to not touch the water, he tapped on the glass with his fork. A dull dinging sound vibrated from the glass, and the liquid inside it vibrated like a mini earthquake. Now if he just hit the glass at the right moment again...and again...and again... He tapped the glass a couple times lightly so that it was only audible for the three of the,. With each tap the sound grew slightly louder, and the ripples in the glass became large enough to look like mini waves. He put his fork down, once Tsune had stopped the electricity. "Interesting..."

Back to top Go down

Post by Xan Wed May 12, 2010 5:48 pm

Xan watched with interest as Tsune charged his water created serpent with blue electricity, and as Riffel created tiny waves around it using a simple fork. Sound alchemy perhaps? If so, then that made quite an interesting trio sitting down for lunch. An Ishvalan water alchemist, a blind sound alchemist, and an electricity alchemist with a metal right arm.

After the other two had given entertaining displays of their own alchemy, Xan waved his hand over the snake. It floated out of the glass and onto the table in the form of three men. In fact, the water had become tiny versions of Xan, Tsune, and Riffel, each grinning at their larger counterparts. As one, the three water clones bowed as though they had just completed a planned performance and returned to the cup as normal water.

Well, that was fun. We should do that again sometime, don’t you think?

Xan spoke through mouthfuls of delicious food with a big grin on his face; one big enough to match that of the water clone that he had just made.
Xan
Xan
PENDING

-Case File-
Writer:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 13, 2010 1:51 am

"Mhm-mhm~" Tsune nodded happily mid-chew. It was so interesting seeing what Xan could do, he couldn't help but want to learn more about it. But seriously they were in a restaurant... He couldn't go running through the aisles shooting lightning and blowing out millions of dollars of light bulbs. Plus, there was no way he could afford it. He swallowed and gave himself no time to speak before eating the rest of the food within his reach. It looked to him like the food was about almost gone. He sipped off the rest of his smoothie and laughed. "I wonder what kind of attack we could combine to make..." He wiped his mouth with his disheveled napkin that was in a mess on the table and stretched. Ahhh that hit the spot literally! His head wasn't spinning anymore, and the aching in his side was only slightly annoying. He was saved! "Well, I need to get to work soon, so I gotta hit the road, but I would really like to treat you next time. Someone gave me a cellphone, so I can give you the number?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 15, 2010 2:40 pm

Riffel gladly nodded his head in agreement to Xan's question. He was interested in both of their abilities especially Tsune's! He wondered how one could produce electricity as he plunged his fork onto another piece of food. To be able to produce electricity, what a frightening ability. It was a good thing Tsune didn't have any energy to make any when Riffel tripped over him or he would have been fried for sure. He couldn't see the electricity at all. Xan's ability was pretty interesting as well though to be able to manipulate liquid in such a way. It must be a pretty useful thing to have plus it seemed fun as well.

"Ah yeah...I would give you guys my number but I don't really have a cell phone..." Riffel said quietly. "Hmm well I can still take your numbers though and call you guys on a payphone! Plus I'm usually around the same spot where we met up." he said happily.

Back to top Go down

Post by Xan Sat May 15, 2010 7:56 pm

Xan laughed at Tsune’s comment about the combined techniques. Xan knew exactly what kind of techniques that they could create if they were on a battlefield at the same time. When Tsune asked for the number, Xan wrote it down on a slip of napkin and handed it to him. He did the same thing when Riffel asked for it.

Well, it seemed that Xan’s plan not to eat alone tonight succeeded, and he had made two new friends too. Now that was a somewhat rare event. Raising his voice so that the nearest waiter could hear him, Xan said:

Check please!

The waiter took one look at the enormous amount of plates, and at the happy looks on the faces of Xan, Tsune, and Riffel, then walked off shaking his head.

When the waiter returned, he put the bill on the table with a look of sheer amazement. Xan imagined that he had just broken quite a few records with this display of his.

Pulling out a bag, Xan set some gold pieces and cash on the table, then relaxed in his chair, drank his water, and asked Tsune and Riffel where they were going from here.
Xan
Xan
PENDING

-Case File-
Writer:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 16, 2010 1:16 am

Tsune stole Xan's pen and reluctantly wrote out two copies of his number, hoping that the unnamed blind man wouldn't ask for it. Plus, he wouldn't be able to read it anyway... Tsune sighed and handed the pen back to his new friend, Xan. Watching the waiter with interest, he let out a soft laugh at the man who seemed so amused by them. It was funny, since they had ordered the entire menu. The price had to be hefty. Tsune stared at the gold coins with laughter shining in his eyes. This guy was unique that was for sure. And he felt intrigued by him, hoping they would meet sometime again. Tsune pocketed the folded napkin carefully and thought a moment. "Well, most likely back to Head Quarters; I have some paper work to fill out..." He frowned, remembering all the work waiting for him. "And yourself?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 17, 2010 12:16 am

Riffel took the piece of paper from Xan, only to realize that he had no way of reading the paper. "Thanks Xan!" he said happily. Oh well he thought, he guessed he could get someone else to read it for him. "Hey Tsune,thanks for the number" He didn't think that Tsune would have given him his number was glad that the man had a tiny change of heart. He really liked both of them even if Tsune was angry at him, he did have the right to be, it was Riffel's fault after all. But then again if it hadn't of been for their entanglement, this event would not have been possible and they most likely wouldn't have met Xan at all. Come to think of it...did he even tell them his name? "I'm sorry guys that I haven't said anything before, but my name is Riffel. It would be awfully hard to find someone when you don't even have their name!"

Back to top Go down

Post by Xan Sun May 23, 2010 12:25 pm

Xanthus leaned back in his chair and thought about what he was going to do after he left the restaurant. Perhaps do some research on alchemy and alkahestry? That could be fun, and pay off in the long run…but for that, he would need to do some exploring to some interesting places to find the right books.

To be perfectly honest, I have almost no idea where exactly I’m going to go next, which is strange because I normally have my moves planned out in advance. Oh well, I guess that one can’t always plan out their lives, can they?

Right then, Xan remembered an important fact: he had given Riffel a piece of paper with WRITING on it that he could not possibly read. Realizing his mistake, Xan brought a card out of his coat pocket. It had his name and number in Braille. (What a coincidence!)

Sorry about that Riffel, I wasn’t paying attention to what I gave you. I meant to give you this card.
Xan
Xan
PENDING

-Case File-
Writer:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 23, 2010 1:32 pm

"Hah, same here; I always plan it out, but the truth is, life can't be a chess game. As much as I love chess, in everyday life, there aren't any squares," Tsune said with a laugh in his clear voice. He stretched his arms high into the air and then stood up. As much as he loved sitting and talking with a new friend, he had a shitload of paper work to take care of. Frowning at the thought, he watched Xan give Riffle a business card. Tsune smiled. Good. Maybe the blind idiot wouldn't be able to read his phone number. Tsune sighed. Maybe he was being too mean, but seriously that guy was flat out cruel. Tsune wrapped his arms around his aching side and looked towards the door forlornly. Work...did not sound fun at the moment. All he wanted to do was sleep some more. That mercenary chick did a number on him... "Hopefully I'll see you again Xan. I owe you a lot." Tsune flipped his long silver hair behind him and bowed slightly, smiling sincerely. "Bye! I'll see you later!" He turned toward the door and raised a hand behind him as a wave. The door closed with a jingle behind his fading form.

[[EXIT TOPIC]]

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum