Modern Day Alchemists
WHY AREN'T YOU SIGNED IN!$#%@? -sends Aurel after you-

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Modern Day Alchemists
WHY AREN'T YOU SIGNED IN!$#%@? -sends Aurel after you-
Modern Day Alchemists
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» This is the end I fear
My Final Hour EmptySat Mar 19, 2022 4:18 pm by Reila Tsukino

» Best wishes
My Final Hour EmptyThu Sep 17, 2020 12:08 pm by Reila Tsukino

» Simon Eris
My Final Hour EmptyFri Nov 15, 2013 1:57 pm by ChaosAlchemist

» Pumpkin Spice
My Final Hour EmptyWed Nov 06, 2013 4:13 pm by Rhea Stevenson

» BARBERSHOP BRUNCH, BRO'S.
My Final Hour EmptyWed Nov 06, 2013 12:54 pm by Wolfgang Murinyo

» Training Private Daw (Open to Amestrian Militants Only)
My Final Hour EmptyMon Nov 04, 2013 6:07 pm by Dawsic

» AKI'S NEW FORUM
My Final Hour EmptyMon Oct 21, 2013 12:59 am by Silvac

» Baldursdóttir, Ymir [done]
My Final Hour EmptyThu Oct 17, 2013 5:56 pm by Jay Furor

» Practice Makes PERFECTION
My Final Hour EmptyMon Oct 14, 2013 11:19 am by Zayne O'Reilly

» Just a Checkup
My Final Hour EmptyThu Oct 10, 2013 8:55 am by Crassus

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 74 on Wed Sep 10, 2014 4:45 am
Join us on Facebook!

My Final Hour

2 posters

Go down

My Final Hour Empty My Final Hour

Post by Dai Sun May 01, 2011 7:41 pm

His feet pattered slowly through the empty halls of Briggs. It had taken him but a single day to return, and he knew that it would take him but a single hour to leave. With a small sigh, Dai flicked a solitary piece of hair behind his left ear, studying the occasional soldier to hurry past him. This place... it had meant so much to him - it was where he'd come after his accident in the Military, and it was where he had found the woman he loved...

The woman who would no longer know who he was.

"What a pickle this is, huh?" He laughed to himself, as if trying to remove all burdens of sadness and solitude - he really wanted to stay, just stay and know this to be untrue, but he knew that he couldn't. Reila didn't remember him, and the only way she could remember him would be for him to defect - if he left her side, she'd remember his face eventually, right?

But for now, he had a few things he needed to do. First, he needed to make sure nobody took his tech.

The redheaded Alchemist sighed softly, and walked the familiar halls to the armory. As he walked into the room, his gaze fell onto the dusty gun rack. He placed his hand onto one of the guns, raised it up and shot at the wall, letting it move out of the way. He stepped into his own development center, and flicked on the light, getting straight to work.

He gathered up all of the Gae Bolg's technical specs; he might have use for one later in the future. He made sure to lock the computers to his own Alchemic touch, and then walked out of the room, flicking the switch that he never hoped to flick - the one that would lock this room until he needed to go into it again. The wall was proofed from everything - even Reila's most powerful Alchemy wouldn't dent it. He turned his back on that, and walked outside the Armory.

Two more things to attend to - two more people to see. Nika... and Xanthus. He would try and convince Nika to go with him - a friendly face in this all would make his life far easier while in Creta. And Xanthus... he needed someone to tell - he needed his man to understand. If Xan understood, then maybe he wouldn't have to go with being called a traitor.

That was the last thing he needed, that was for sure.
Dai
Dai
PENDING

Back to top Go down

My Final Hour Empty Re: My Final Hour

Post by Guest Sun May 01, 2011 8:09 pm

Bang Bang Bang Bang Bang
The sound of gunfire echoed in the shooting hall. Nika removed the clip from her FN Five-seven, placing it on a small stand sitting beside her and immediately retrieving another. Click the magazine clip locked in and she returned her gaze to the all the human shaped targets, lined up neatly in a row and riddled with bullet holes. She raised her weapons and open fired once more bang bang bang bang the sounds reverberated in the empty room once again. First target hit, head shot, dead center. second target, also head shot, about an inch to the left of the center. third target, neck shot, around the location of the jugular vein, still an effective kill, fourth shot........

Nika stared dully at the fourth target. The silhouette stared back with a disembodied gaze, a tiny chunk missing from the edge of his flat head. "Tch!" Nika exhaled in a frustrated manner, trying to keep herself from cursing aloud. Beads of sweat rolled of her brow and down her cheeks as she tucked her gun in its holster attached to her belt and snatched her water bottle off the stand beside her. She drunk the remaining water and tossed the bottle to the side, gasping for air as she did. She'd just try again tomorrow, it was getting late and her performance would only decrease if she pushed herself any further. Lately Nika had begun to experiment in her marksmanship training, today she had tried to exhaust herself with strenuous exercise before firing, given that soldiers were not always relaxed and well rested before engaging the enemy.

After a few deep breaths Nika calmed down and cleaned up her spent shells and empty magazines and tossed them in her sports bag to be disposed of later. She removed her navy blue trench coat from her bag and hastily put it on, covering her black tank top that easily showed her bust, even when it was pressed down with bandages. She unlocked the door, which she had locked so that nobody could walk in on her while she wasn't covered enough to hide her secret identity as a female, and she walked out, feeling the cooler breeze of the hallways was over her face with such a pleasant sensation. The woman in the trench coat and combat boots marched steadily down the hallway towards Lt. Colonel Ito's living quarters to use his shower, which was much easier than using the shower room used by all the other soldiers, though a few of they guys did question why Nika was never seen there. But it didn't matter, Nika hardly socialized with the other soldiers anyway, if she did it might compromise her identity, and they would discover that she was a girl. Why disguise in a male in the first place? Because its just easier that way, nobody will look down on you because of your gender. How did Reila ever manage to get where she is now anyway?

Nika was halfway there when she ran into someone she hadn't expected back at this time of day. "Lt. Colonel Ito" Nika called out, no excitement in her voice, only strict and formal manner of speech appropriate for addressing one's commanding officer. "I was heading toward your office to make use of your facilities just now, I am going to leave the after actions reports you requested on your desk while I-" Nika paused. There was something wrong with Lt. Col. Ito, something seemed very....off. But she could not tell what, she did not want to inquire into it either, Nika wasn't the type to try and solve the problems of others. He was probably just having a bad day, perhaps tired from his time away from Briggs, she was probably misreading him.

"Well if you will excuse me, sir" Nika stated in a softer, but still rigid tone as she began to turn away...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 02, 2011 4:27 pm

It was by a stroke of complete luck that the most perfect spy in the world happened to be walking by the two in the hallway. Jericho Cross the head of spies for Briggs, who normally would be in Creta right now spying on them, had a chance to take vacation time from the Cretan military. Though, his vacation was in the form of him telling the ever great leader of Briggs his findings. Though, that was a few days ago. So why hadn't he left yet? For a very simple reason. He needed to hold his cover, it would be suspicious if he went on vacation for only a day and then came back, wouldn't it? None the less this was to be the time he would be heading back behind enemy lines. He had everything he needed already packed and ready to go.

Anyway back to him seeing the two in the hallway, he hadn't been walking by them per say. More he turned a corner and saw them. He quickly went back around the corner. Something was up. It wasn't like he had any suspicions or anything it was more he had a keen, quite literally, eye for spotting situations that might require attention. He hid behind the wall, leaning on it his back and right foot as well on the wall. His arms were crossed, head down, and....eye closed. The other being covered by an eye patch after all. He began to listen to the conversation that was occurring. Maybe he would learn something interesting, who knew? He seemed to shrug, for no one in particular, just himself.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dai Mon May 02, 2011 7:43 pm

"Lt. Colonel Ito"

...Perfect timing. The redhead sighed softly, and turned to see the woman walking up behind him.

"I was heading toward your office to make use of your facilities just now, I am going to leave the after actions reports you requested on your desk while I-" She approached Dai, and he looked at her carefully, the look of slight regret still on his face.

"Well if you will excuse me, sir"

"Nika. Stay. I have to talk to you about something." Dai sighed, and walked over to the wall, placing a metallic hand onto the steel and turning back to her, a look of worry and regret on his face now.

"I have to ask you something. How loyal are you to Briggs?" Not waiting for a proper reply, he continued.

"I'll tell you now - I am completely loyal to both Briggs and Reila. But circumstances have dictated... that I go to Creta - hopefully only temporarily. Let's just say... Reila lost her memories of me, Nika. I just want to get them back - and the King of Creta told me that he can. Even if he's bullshitting me, I want to be completely sure." He sighed softly, and placed a hand onto his forehead.

"You have a choice. Either way, I wouldn't mind. You can come with me - or you can stay. Either way, we return to Briggs in the end." His eyes had lost emotion now, he was just looking at her, wanting her assistance.
Dai
Dai
PENDING

Back to top Go down

Post by Xan Mon May 02, 2011 11:11 pm

"The King of Creta? Ah, that explains quite a bit."

A darkness seemed to suddenly diminish the lights in the hall for a what seemed to be a second, then just as quickly as it came, the darkness disappeared down the hallway stopping only for a split second at the corner before vanishing completely, restoring the scene to its fully lit glory, as though nothing had happened save for one major difference.

Colonel Xanthus Icarus was now one of the men standing in the hallway, leaning against the wall next to Dai seemingly having been there for quite some time. His black military uniform sharply contrasted the brilliant white, silver, and grey colors in and around Fort Briggs, where he reigned as the Shadow Duke, the first of the line seconds in command.

Behind black shades, his eyes flashed red, then purple before returning to red as the Ishvallan looked towards the other member of his race. His face bore no smile, nor did it bare a frown. Xan simply looked at Dai with a knowing, but expressionless face. Just by looking at it, one could tell that the Colonel had knowledge of what ailed the Lt. Colonel.

After making his body present, Xan said nothing, acknowledged nothing, and did nothing, simply waiting for Daigoro to say something, or perhaps one of the other two present would beat the Metal King to the punch?
Xan
Xan
PENDING

-Case File-
Level: 4
Writer:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 03, 2011 4:59 am

"Nika. Stay. I have to talk to you about something."

Nika had only taken a step away before he called her name, much to her surprise. She turned around in time to see Dai walk over to the cold steel wall and place his own steel hand against it. She waited for him to turn to face her, to tell her whatever bad news she anticipated.. Demotion? Did the higher ups find out about Nika's lying about her sex? Or was someone important killed in action? Dai turned to her and Nika was at a loss for words. The expression he bore, it was one of pain, one of sorrow. The man she had respected so much, the man she thought to be what she wanted to be, someone free of emotion and weakness, the way he appeared to her now, she could not comprehend it.
Just what had happened?

"I have to ask you something. How loyal are you to Briggs?"

The question made Nika's heart lurch forward in such a startled manner. "How...loyal?" Nika repeated to her self softly, dumbfounded by such an unexpected question. What did he mean? Loyal? Of course Nika was loyal to Briggs, to Amestirs, she had to be, she was a soldier after all....right?

"I'll tell you now - I am completely loyal to both Briggs and Reila. But circumstances have dictated... that I go to Creta - hopefully only temporarily. Let's just say... Reila lost her memories of me, Nika. I just want to get them back - and the King of Creta told me that he can. Even if he's bullshitting me, I want to be completely sure."

Nika stood silently as he explained this to her, but she could not reply, she could not find the words she needed, her mind could not wrap around it. Lt. Colonel Ito was leaving....to Creta? Reila's memories were gone? The king of Creta would return them? Nika tried to go over what she just heard but it all sounded insane to her, it seemed like some crazy story made on a whim, if it were anyone else, Nika would have walked away and left such a mental person to their own madness, but this was Lt. Colonel Ito, he was..... her heart began to beat irregularly, she began to feel dizzy.

"You have a choice."

Nika snapped out of her kaleidescope of confusion, her eyes glanced up and met his, she stared deep into them, fixed on their sincerity. They were not the eyes of a liar.

"Either way, I wouldn't mind. You can come with me - or you can stay. Either way, we return to Briggs in the end."

If his previous words hadn't left Nika staggering, these certainly had that effect on her. To leave Briggs, no, to leave Amestris...that would mean to defect, she would be a traitor......a traitor......a traitor to whom? To Briggs? To her country? Was she ever loyal to Amestris? She was Drachman born but...she had fought so many times for this country, killed so many people..... and Briggs, Briggs was the only place Nika had ever been that felt like home. But Ito, he was leaving, Briggs would be empty without him, and Nika, she would be all alone again, no one to prove herself to.

"I'll do it" Nika stated firmly, though her insides churned as she said those words. "I owe you for all you've done for me, I still haven't shown you my worth, I still haven't payed you back. If its for Briggs, I'll do it" She struggled to maintain a calm exterior, she wouldn't let Ito see the worry, the doubt in her mind, nor would she let him become aware of her true sentiment, her refusal to be left alone after growing to admire this man so much. She played it off a simple obligation, she played it off like this decision did not trouble her at all, but in reality, she felt like crying, as much as she hated to admit it, she was to either sacrifice everything she worked towards to serve under a foreign power, an enemy to Amestris, or be left on her own once more, with no one to talk to, no one to accept her efforts. She was torn up inside, why was this happening?

A chill shot down Nika's spine, the lights shut off for a split second and the hallway was filled with shadow, and as soon as they had gone off, they were on again. Out of the corner of her eye, Nika spotted a man she had never seen before, but she had certainly heard of. He was obviously Ishvallan, his dark skin and white hair gave that away. She was sure that if she walked over to him and lifted his glasses, she'd find dark, crimson eyes. But something about this man felt very off, he gave her shivers, his presence was ominous, it was uncanny. So it was true, what the other soldiers had said about the Shadow Duke, Colonel Icarus, that his presence chilled the halls of Briggs, that he came and went without notice, like a shadow. Nika suddenly realized that he hadn't even walked by them, and yet he was leaning against the wall as if he had always been there. What kind of man was he?

But secondly, Nika realized that this man was a Colonel, an officer of Briggs, not a skulking entity to be thought of in such a suspicious manner. Thirdly, she realized that what she and Dai were discussing could be considered treason, if this man had overheard what they were discussing.....Nika kept silent, her expression still stolid despite all the turmoil in her mind, and she turned to Lt. Colonel Ito, hoping he would know what to do.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 04, 2011 6:09 am

Oh well, well, well. What had the best spy ever just stumble upon? A possible duo of traitors. Nah...he wouldn't jump to conclusions, that never ever get results. Instead he continued listening and learning. Hmm so the big boss had her memories taken did she? Very interesting not to mention that two of them members were possibly going AWOL, at least that was how it would seem to the others. Maybe he would help Dai, after all he was heading to Creta anyway it was the least he could do. Plus if this effected there leader this much he was defiantly gonna be a part of it.

Just them a presence seemed to sweep over everything. That was odd Jericho thought to himself. He glanced around the corner someone had seemingly materialized there. Oh this was getting even more interesting, there second in command was there. He re hid in his spot. He would tell Dai he would help him but first information was prime for the picking right now. He wondered how the second in command would take it. Hopefully well for both the peoples sakes. After all being a traitor to Briggs never really went very well. Not to mention the trouble for actually going to Creta of all places.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dai Thu May 05, 2011 11:46 pm

"I'll do it. I owe you for all you've done for me, I still haven't shown you my worth, I still haven't payed you back. If its for Briggs, I'll do it" He smiled softly at her, before the lights suddenly faded. He saw the expression on Nika's face, if only just. She didn't so much look scared, as she looked worried about their situation.

The appearance of Xanthus didn't surprise him as much as you'd think, really. He looked over to the side, and saw the lights fade - the shadows burgeoning, and he knew. That was it, really - Xanthus Icarus appeared from the shadows, and Dai's smile softened. That man... had been one of his closest friends in Briggs over the short time he'd spent there. Even through all the betrayals, Xan always managed to come back; that was something that Daigoro appreciated a lot; maybe something that he could be assisted with...

"Icarus. Just the person I wanted to see." His mind had made the switch from Amestrian to Ishvallan in a manner of milliseconds. He smiled at the man and closed his eyes, trying not to act all too solemn.

"The King of Creta? Ah, that explains quite a bit."

"Heh... Yeah. Skata, really. Complete skata. I don't want to do it, but I can't stay here if there's even a little chance of things returning to normal." He lowered his eyes further and sighed softly, before looking back up at Xan.

"So I have a request to ask of you - you're welcome to let Mura know if you want, I'm not bothered either way. I just need to ask... Can you try? Get Reila's memories back, I mean. It was done with Alchemy. I know that much... so maybe there's a counter to it? I don't know... I just want her back, man..." He closed his eyes and looked down the the side, tears sliding out of his eyes, freezing before they even touched the ground.

He wiped his face, and looked at Xan once more.

"All I need is a messenger between here and Creta, and I'll be set."
Dai
Dai
PENDING

Back to top Go down

Post by Xan Fri May 06, 2011 12:29 am

Xanthus remained against the wall for the duration of Daigoro's speaking. When the red haired alchemist was done, the Colonel still did not move for a few seconds. It appeared that he was simply ignoring Daigoro, but this was not the case; he was thinking, and in fact he was deeply thinking. Finally, he sighed and removed his shades, placing them into a pocket upon his chest, revealing his crimson red eyes which matched that of virtually every other Ishvallan, though his were perhaps slightly darker. Xan turned these eyes upon Daigoro with a calm, but solemn look.

"I know how much she means to you, and even if I didn't, the fact that you would risk your reputation, career, and very life on a sliver of hope of getting her memories of you back...well, that says quite a bit. My friend...no, my brother, you know that if there is any way that Reila's memories can be restored, then I will exploit it...no matter what the cost I'll bring those memories back. I owe you two too much to leave such a tragic situation unresolved."

At this point, Xan turned away from Dai and looked at Nika for the first time. He examined her, analyzed her, seemed to search her very soul for one hint of deception, subterfuge, or disloyalty, to either Briggs or Daigoro himself. Finally, his eyes became a bit softer, and they lost their soul perception expression. She had apparently passed the test and was now to be addressed directly for the first time by Xanthus.

"Daigoro seems to trust you, so I suppose that I can as well. What you are about to see never leaves this hallway. Understand? The same goes for the hidden one around the corner there."

Now, Xanthus held out the palm of his hand and closed his eyes. His shadow seemed to travel over his clothes until it reached his outstretched hand, whereupon it began to swirl upon it. Suddenly, a red light seemed to emerge from the swirling, becoming red lightning that eventually coalesced into a sphere that fell back into Xan's hand...a Philosopher's Stone. Pride's shadows withdrew and became like a normal shadow again after the performance was completed. Now Xan turned to face Dai once again, with the Stone in hand.

"Did you know? When I became Pride, seventy-five souls were collected into my body. This is some of the power of those souls concentrated into a Philosopher's Stone. If you're so willing to risk your one human life, then surely I can be willing to risk a few out of my dozens of Homunculus lives. The Stone is yours to use in your efforts if you desire it. Perhaps it could help bring her memories back? Maybe another alchemist could use it to do the same? If not, then you could use this to keep yourself alive when the inevitable war begins."

The expression on Xan's face was one of complete seriousness. He was not mocking his friend, nor was he playing a cruel joke. He was offering Dai some of his Philosopher's Stone's power to use in his efforts to regain Reila's memories. It was just up to the Lt. Colonel to say whether he wanted to accept the power or not.

Last edited by Xanthus Icarus on Mon May 09, 2011 12:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Xan
Xan
PENDING

-Case File-
Writer:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 08, 2011 2:33 am

Nika kept her eyes focused on Colonel Icarus as Lt. Colonel Ito's conversed with him in a language she did not recognize, but could only assume was Ishvallan, given her knowledge of Lt. Colonel's background and the Colonel's obvious Ishvallan features, from his snow white hair and dark skin, to his glaring, blood red eyes. The unrecognizable words rolled off their tongues, and to her ears, sounded like a single never ending sentence with no meaning. She hardly paid mind to what the conversation at hand, that is until from the corner of her eye, Nika noticed Lt. Colonel Ito wipe away what she could only assume to be tears. Tears....Ito...was crying? All Nika could do was pretend not to notice, he did the same for her once, after all, nobody wants to be seen in their weakest moments.

Nika was caught by surprise when the Colonel suddenly looked toward her, though she avoided making any noticeable changes to her facial expression, and remained as stolid as possible, waiting for the Colonel to speak. But he did not do so right away, he continued to glare at her. Perhaps he was judging her, analyzing her, he looked at her with such a fierce intensity that Nika wondered for a brief moment if he could read her thoughts, something that for just a second, seemed very plausible for a man that was so enigmatic. But after a moment she dispelled that far-fetched thought and assumed that he was simply determining her character for reasons of a matter of trust and suspicion.

"Daigoro seems to trust you, so I suppose that I can as well. What you are about to see never leaves this hallway. Understand? The same goes for the hidden one around the corner there."

Nika nodded respectfully towards the Colonel, her misplaced worries and suspicions quickly fading away. It seemed he was certainly an ally of Ito's. "Yes Sir, thank you Sir" she replied in a gruff, formal, military tone, though it only occurred to her a few seconds later that he had addressed a fourth person who she was not even aware of. But before she could even inquire as to who the Colonel was talking to, he did something that left her too shocked to speak.

Nika watched in disbelief as a black shadow crept up the Colonel's body and into the palm of his hand. It swirled and sparked with a strange red energy until finally a small red object had materialized, and then it retreated and became his shadow, cast across the steel corridor just like the shadow of anyone else standing among them. Once again, she was speechless, even her expression had changed to reveal her surprise, her eyes widened, her heart almost skipped a beat as she witnessed this strange occurrence.

The Colonel began to speak, but once again it was Ishvallan that left his lips, and Nika could not even guess what the stone could have been for, and she did not dare to inquire, surely Icarus had switched back to Ishvallan for a reason, and it wasn't her place to pry into the business of her superiors. Perhaps ignorance would be bliss in this case, that stone seemed.....ominous, in a way.

Instead, she focused on her efforts to help Lt. Colonel Ito in his mission. "Lt. Colonel, do you already have transportation to reach the rendezvous point for your defectio-..." Nika paused on the word, it seemed wrong, they were not truly defecting, their sentiments were still with Briggs after all. "For your exchange with Creta?" she said slowly, trying to word the question more carefully. "If you want, I can acquire an NH90 copter, I have access to one as part of my side training as a pilot, or if you prefer to go by land, we can take my personal Wolf, its non-combat so it would go unnoticed, I believe."

Nika glanced towards the corner remembering what Colonel Icarus had said. "Also...should I confront the person eavesdropping on us, Lt. Colonel?" She asked Ito, wondering just who was skulking near them, and what his intentions were.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 09, 2011 7:03 am

GAH! This wasn't helpful information. They were speaking in a language he didn't know. DAMNIT! Jericho gritted his teeth at this thought. Some may have blamed this on themselves for not knowing the language. Oh but that wasn't Jericho. How dare they use such an imperfect language! Oh well, it would seem he would have to keep listening. waiting, for the perfect moment in which to make his entrance. Thats when he heard Dai say something that would be the perfect time, but it was closely follow by someone knowing where he was?

"All I need is a messenger between here and Creta, and I'll be set."

IMPOSSIBLE! How could he have known he was there? His hiding spot was perfect! Jericho peeked around the corner to see if he was actually talking about him, but what he saw wasn't him looking at his location. The man was instead pulling something from his body using.....alchemy? No that couldn't be it but had to be close. Thats when the red stone appeared. Jericho's mouth dropped open gapping at the sight he beheld. Was that.....a philosopher's stone? How did he get one? Jericho had never actually seen one himself but he had read about it, after all he was an alchemist. One of the few epitomes of power, in his opinion and he imagined others. He hid back behind the corner thinking and listening. Again listening had become useless as the man began speaking in that damn language again. How aggravating. His position had been compromised and again, he still couldn't understand the man. Thats when the other one spoke up, or at least the part he found interesting.

"Also...should I confront the person eavesdropping on us, Lt. Colonel?"

He couldn't help chuckling to himself at this. It was just too funny. She honestly thought she could do something about him? How foolish would the person feel when they found out he was willing to help there Lt. Colonel in need? He was hoping for extremely but that wasn't the point. "That will be rather unnecessary attack dog," he said in a rather sarcastic tone as he made hs way from his hiding spot and began walking towards the three. "I only wish to help with your situation." he turned his attention towards Dai. "I'm under the understanding you are in need of a messenger to go back in forth correct?" he didn't really wait for an answer after all he knew right? "Well, I'm your huckaberra. It just so happens I make my way to and frow anyhow." he said bringing his arms up into a shrug. "Though I would hope you already knew that as a commanding officer eh?" he said a smirk appearing on his face. He was enjoying this, but he didn't know why. he then made a quick turn around. "Unless I don't fit the job qualifications then I will just take my leave." he said looking over his shoulder.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dai Mon May 09, 2011 7:46 am

He was still staring at Xan, staring at this man he trusted. He wanted to know how he was going to react 0 did he have his assistance, his help?

"I know how much she means to you," Dai stiffened slightly at this. That was never a good sign. "and even if I didn't, the fact that you would risk your reputation, career, and very life on a sliver of hope of getting her memories of you back...well, that says quite a bit." A small smile crossed Dai's lips. So maybe he was wrong? Maybe Xan was there for him?

"My friend...no, my brother, you know that if there is any way that Reila's memories can be restored, then I will exploit it...no matter what the cost I'll bring those memories back. I owe you two too much to leave such a tragic situation unresolved." His smile grew, even if there was no happiness, just relief in that face - no matter how honest and sincere Dai's smile was, there was no joy or happiness behind it - he was sorrowful, remorseful. Smiling kept him from breaking down into tears on the ground. Smiling kept him from raising a gun to his temple and just ending it.

"Daigoro seems to trust you, so I suppose that I can as well. What you are about to see never leaves this hallway. Understand? The same goes for the hidden one around the corner there." As Xan addressed Nika, Dai thought he'd noticed a shuffling sound of some kind around the corner - but it wasn't until Xan confirmed it, that Dai realized that there was someone there. He smiled softly, and was about to call him out - when...

He heard the sound of swirling shadows, and saw Xan's outstretched palm before him. As he watched the shadows moving over the skin, an unearthly red glow began to emit from within, and Dai could all but watch the glow as it increased. He stepped back slightly; he knew all too well what that glow entailed - it was something he could never find himself to truly trust. The dissipation of shadows confirmed his fears for him.

A Philosopher's Stone.

Xanthus Icarus had the Philosopher's Stone.

"Did you know? When I became Pride, seventy-five souls were collected into my body." Only seventy-five? He was certain that most Homunculi held more... That was a digression and a half... continuing... "This is some of the power of those souls concentrated into a Philosopher's Stone. If you're so willing to risk your one human life, then surely I can be willing to risk a few of my dozens of Homunculus lives."

"Eto..." He blinked a couple of times. Was the man serious?

"The Stone is yours to use in your efforts if you desire it. Perhaps it could help bring her memories back? Maybe another alchemist could use it to do the same? If not, then you could use this to keep yourself alive when the inevitable war begins." He looked back up at Xan, still unable to contain the look of shock that had spread onto his face. Upon studying him, he realized that Xanthus was completely serious - and thus, Daigoro Ito began to weigh the options of what was about to happen.

If he took the Stone, and used it - would she forgive him? Would Reila truly forgive him for using it? He didn't want her to hate him... Not if he could help it. He wanted to have her back in his arms...

But this Stone... this power - this could help him, this could prove to be some key, some key into seeing this through. Not only that, but Xanthus was offering part of himself. If Daigoro denied the Stone, it would be like denying Xan's friendship and assistance. He closed his eyes, and took a deep breath, before placing his automail hand over the other man's hand, and looking into his eyes - red directly meeting red.

"I accept you offer - and I will be sure to return it to you when I'm through. It won't leave my side, Xanthus; I can assure you that much. Whether or not I use it, however, remains to be seen." He laughed softly, and regained a serious expression once more.

"Lt. Colonel, do you already have transportation to reach the rendezvous point for your defectio-..." A rought voice broke the silence, and Dai turned his head sharply to look at Nika, closing his hand over the Stone and pocketing it.

"For your exchange with Creta? If you want, I can acquire an NH90 copter, I have access to one as part of my side training as a pilot, or if you prefer to go by land, we can take my personal Wolf, its non-combat so it would go unnoticed, I believe."

"The Wolf would be preferable. I want to appear as non-aggressive as possible; a non-combat vehicle would prove far more accomplished in that." He nodded rigidly, and sighed once more. Alright. It was that time.

"Also...should I confront the person eavesdropping on us, Lt. Colonel?" Seems that Nika had the same intentions as he had. He'd trained her well. In an effort to speak, Dai opened his mouth to have it rudely interrupted by the sound of the new man's drawl.

"That will be rather unnecessary attack dog, I only wish to help with your situation." That voice... He seemed... familiar?

"I'm under the understanding you are in need of a messenger to go back in forth correct? Well, I'm your huckaberra. It just so happens I make my way to and frow anyhow." Dai's suspicious expression turned to a light smirk. So. This arrogant bastard may prove useful in this too? At this rate, the only one who wasn't going to know about this "defection" was Reila herself - not that she'd have any clue in the first place...

"Though I would hope you already knew that as a commanding officer eh?" The man turned away. Classic body language. He wanted to help, but he wanted it on his terms.

"Unless I don't fit the job qualifications then I will just take my leave."

"Sergeant Major Cross. Please hold your horses." Dai didn't bother to explain how he knew the name of the man with the eyepatch. He was high enough in the echelon to know most of the names of the intelligence and espionage staff.

"I believe that you can be of some assistance to me, as a matter of fact." He grinned, if ever-so-slightly.

"I'm going to need you to be a "double Agent" of sorts. I'm going to need to maneuver Creta so that we can fight Briggs." He couldn't believe the words that had just come out of his mouth, but they needed to be said, sadly.

"I don't know what purpose it'll serve, but maybe seeing me on the other side - it might do something. So if I can maneuver our forces to meet up with Briggs," Again, he was hating those words. He was already referring to Creta as "our". "Then maybe I can do something... anything..." He sighed deeply, and looked down at the ground.
Dai
Dai
PENDING

Back to top Go down

Post by Xan Wed May 11, 2011 1:26 am

Xanthus smiled wryly as Daigoro accepted his self-made Philosopher's Stone. In truth, he was slightly surprised; he had doubted that Ito would posses the will to accept the Stone's power on account of the events that had transpired when he last held one. Among other things, he had reduced a man to mere ashes simply by will alone, and that had been on accident. Xan could only imagine what Daigoro could do if he actually set his mind to accomplishing something with the limitless power of the Stone...

"I accept your offer - and I will be sure to return it to you when I'm through. It won't leave my side, Xanthus; I can assure you that much. Whether or not I use it, however, remains to be seen." Now it was the Colonels' turn to laugh softly. Ah, so that was how Daigoro planned to justify accepting the power of a Stone again. Very clever on his part in Prides' opinion.

"Indeed. I am sure that you'll only use it in case of dire emergency."

In fact, this was a good reason that Xan had entrusted a Stone to Dai in the first place. The other Ishvallan was without a doubt one of the only men in all of Amestris (if not the world) that the Homunculus could trust with the eldritch power of the artifact.

Daigoro began to make plans with Nika and the newcomer, Cross, and so Xan began to think to himself again, leaning against the wall like before, keeping one ear trained upon the conversation just in case something interesting turned up. Luckily, he did not have to wait long.

"I don't know what purpose it'll serve, but maybe seeing me on the other side - it might do something. So if I can maneuver our forces to meet up with Briggs, then maybe I can do something... anything..." Again, the Colonel left his wall and stood up straight. This time however, he placed a brotherly hand upon Daigoro's shoulder. Another wry smile had made its way onto his facial features.

"Don't worry Daigoro. I'm sure that if anything will bring back the memories of the Metal King, you'll find a way. Hell, that idea sounds like it's worth a shot."

Xan
Xan
PENDING

-Case File-
Writer:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 21, 2011 8:31 pm

BUMP

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 24, 2011 3:08 am

"That will be rather unnecessary attack dog,"

Nika directed an icy stare towards the eavesdropper as he revealed himself from his hiding spot. Her stone gray gaze dwelt upon him with a fiercer intensity than it had with the Colonel or Lt. Colonel, despite the expression on her face hardly changing in the slightest. His arrogant tone he took against her really pissed her off, and if he was keen empathy, he would probably be able to detect her anger. Yes, anger was an emotion that Nika had less control over, but its not like it mattered as much, people are usually never judged to be weak for reasons such as anger. Besides, he looked down on her already, she hated being looked down upon more than anything else in the world. But no, he hadn't provoked her enough, there was no need to retaliate, she had to remain calm and collected.

"Lt. Colonel, I am going to go prepare for departure and secure our transportation, I will be waiting outside of Briggs and ready to depart in my Wolf Humvee within the hour" Nika stated in an orderly manner befitting of a soldier. Then she quickly hurried off to Ito's private quarters in a brisk and sturdy pace, the rhythmic tapping of her boots against the steel floor sounding reminiscent of a military march. She did not glance back at the three but Cross, as his name was revealed to be, filled the halls with his haughty voice. But it was the Daigoro's words that bothered her. That man was going to be accompanying them? The very thought of it was irksome, she wasn't sure how long she would be able to maintain composure with such a person around them. She didn't really trust him anyway, or at least, she held more distrust for him than she did against most people she met in her time in the military. She didn't want to have to work with him, she could tell that he was going to rub her the wrong way at every chance he'd get, she'd rather just co-operate with the Lt. Colonel. "Bothersome person" she muttered under her breath

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 25, 2011 3:47 am

"Sergeant Major Cross. Please hold your horses."

"I'm going to need you to be a "double Agent" of sorts. I'm going to need to maneuver Creta so that we can fight Briggs."

Jericho had a huge grin on his face at this point. He watched as the soldier went to get the vehicle. "Yes little dog, go fetch the stick" he thought to himself, he was rather aware that he didn't seem to like him, that was just fine, after all it was just attention for Jericho. But, back to the matter at hand. So his skills were of use eh? This made him more.....not happy, but very intrigued. He was already a double agent as of right now but he would let Dai go on about his plan. No need to correct a superior in his moment of glory, right? "Hehe, sounds like a blast," he said with a rather evil grin. He was refering to his alchemy. It would most likely play a huge part in it. He just knew this, though he was not exactly sure about what, quite yet. "My partner will most likely help you out as well, after all, I'm his superior anyway, though he is still currently in Creta..." he said letting him know that it was just fine with him. Even showing a little that he was quite the asset.

"I don't know what purpose it'll serve, but maybe seeing me on the other side - it might do something. So if I can maneuver our forces to meet up with Briggs,"

"Then maybe I can do something... anything..."

What a drag. He had to bring in a downer moment didn't he? He ignored the man speaking that blasted language. Its not like he knew it. He guesses he should say something comforting to his superior officer. "Don't sweat it boss man, with me on your side, your never going to fail," he said rather arrogantly before continuing. "Besides... you have that little beauty of a red stone with you. That coupled with me is just over kill," he finished smiling. He had a inflated sense of purpose but you had to like his enthusiasm. Who knew if the words he spoke were true or not? It didn't really matter. He believed them and that was all that counted. "Now, unless there is something else, I'm going to go gather my things," he said ready to go. He would leave if there was nothing else but would stay to tie up any loose ends, if there was any...

Back to top Go down

Post by Dai Wed May 25, 2011 5:33 am

"Lt. Colonel, I am going to go prepare for departure and secure our transportation, I will be waiting outside of Briggs and ready to depart in my Wolf Humvee within the hour" He turned to Nika, and nodded slightly.

"Go. I'll see you there." He turned back to Xan, preparing to speak to him - when Cross spoke.

"My partner will most likely help you out as well, after all, I'm his superior anyway, though he is still currently in Creta..." He nodded again, and kept listening.

"Now, unless there is something else, I'm going to go gather my things," No, there was nothing else. That man was conceited, something that Dai didn't... really appreciate, at times. With a small sigh, Dai stepped forwards, and looked Cross in the eyes.

"Go. I'll follow soon enough." As Cross left, Dai was now alone with Xan. A small smile crossed his face, and slipped a letter out of his clothing, handing it to the man.

"A few more things, my friend. Give this letter to Murazar - I think it'll be better than just your words... Almost forgot about the letter itself..." He laughed softly, and smiled wider, bringing a small steel box out next.

"I had planned on holding onto this, as well - but I think it'll be safer in Reila's hands... If all goes well - that's where it'll be anyway..." He laughed, and then tilted his head to the side. "If she asks... I'm a deep cover agent. Don't be too hasty with my name..." Dai nodded at the man once more and turned away, readying himself to walk down the hall... But before he got too far, he turned back to Xan and smiled, tears gracing the edges of his eyes.

"Xanthus. Keep her safe. For me." He turned back, and walked off... leaving the other Ishvallan behind...

Dear Murazar,
When you receive this letter, I will be gone. I would have liked to speak to you on my own, but I realized that I wouldn't be able to, I made sure to tell you this. I can assure you that this is the entire truth.

I am leaving Briggs temporarily, I don't know how long for. I don't know how I'm going to return, but I need you to understand. Reila has forgotten me, and I don't know what to do about it - so I'm taking the option I was given... The King of Creta has told me that he might be able to help. But I don't want this... I don't want to injure anybody's integrity. So I'm going to double-cross Dietrich... I don't care if Reila remembers me, I'll just make her fall in love with me again. I did it once, right?

Anyway, I want you to know something. I can assure you, that I will never raise a hand to Briggs, and not touch a single soldier of theirs. I swear upon my own love for Reila Tsukino, and my rank as a Lieutenant Colonel. And if you doubt further, the cannon will be fake...

Sincerly, Daigoro Ito.

[Left Thread. Xan posts one more, and then the thread is closed.]
Dai
Dai
PENDING

Back to top Go down

Post by Xan Mon May 30, 2011 3:30 pm

Xanthus watched the proceedings with little more than a blank stare as Nika departed to prepare her vehicle, the vehicle that would take Daigoro to Creta, for its fateful trip. Then Cross departed with his apparently usual degree of arrogance, a trait not missed by the Homunculus that called himself Pride. Xan almost smiled; Cross was almost as prideful as he was, which was an...achievement to say the least.

The Colonel prepared to leave, but Daigoro spoke to him again, offering him a letter. "A few more things, my friend. Give this letter to Murazar - I think it'll be better than just your words... Almost forgot about the letter itself..." Ah, so then Mura was to be let in on the secret as well? A wise move on Dai's part. Xanthus took the letter, guessing its contents rather than reading it. After all, what could possibly be written inside other than...well, the truth? Just as Xan was sticking the letter into his coat pocket, Daigoro produced a small steel box next.

"I had planned on holding onto this, as well - but I think it'll be safer in Reila's hands... If all goes well - that's where it'll be anyway..." Though Daigoro most likely would not have seen it, Xan's eyes widened a bit behind his sunglasses. They then resumed their normal position as their owner accepted the box, reverently holding it as though it were a piece of fragile glass.

"If she asks... I'm a deep cover agent. Don't be too hasty with my name..." The Colonel chuckled with dark humor, or rather with something akin to dark humor as there was nothing remotely amusing about the current situation. Rather than speak, Xanthus simply nodded, confirming his acceptance of Daigoro's requests.

"Xanthus. Keep her safe. For me." Xanthus watched his friend and ally walk down the hall, silently lamenting the fact that in their next meeting, they would most likely be enemies, or at least they would be on opposite sides of the battlefield. Turning to go the opposite direction, Pride began to walk away from Daigoro, but not before he had his last words.

"I will Daigoro, I promise."

[END TOPIC]

Xan
Xan
PENDING

-Case File-
Writer:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content