Modern Day Alchemists
WHY AREN'T YOU SIGNED IN!$#%@? -sends Aurel after you-

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Modern Day Alchemists
WHY AREN'T YOU SIGNED IN!$#%@? -sends Aurel after you-
Modern Day Alchemists
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» This is the end I fear
Etheridge, Sorcha EmptySat Mar 19, 2022 4:18 pm by Reila Tsukino

» Best wishes
Etheridge, Sorcha EmptyThu Sep 17, 2020 12:08 pm by Reila Tsukino

» Simon Eris
Etheridge, Sorcha EmptyFri Nov 15, 2013 1:57 pm by ChaosAlchemist

» Pumpkin Spice
Etheridge, Sorcha EmptyWed Nov 06, 2013 4:13 pm by Rhea Stevenson

» BARBERSHOP BRUNCH, BRO'S.
Etheridge, Sorcha EmptyWed Nov 06, 2013 12:54 pm by Wolfgang Murinyo

» Training Private Daw (Open to Amestrian Militants Only)
Etheridge, Sorcha EmptyMon Nov 04, 2013 6:07 pm by Dawsic

» AKI'S NEW FORUM
Etheridge, Sorcha EmptyMon Oct 21, 2013 12:59 am by Silvac

» Baldursdóttir, Ymir [done]
Etheridge, Sorcha EmptyThu Oct 17, 2013 5:56 pm by Jay Furor

» Practice Makes PERFECTION
Etheridge, Sorcha EmptyMon Oct 14, 2013 11:19 am by Zayne O'Reilly

» Just a Checkup
Etheridge, Sorcha EmptyThu Oct 10, 2013 8:55 am by Crassus

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 74 on Wed Sep 10, 2014 4:45 am
Join us on Facebook!

Etheridge, Sorcha

Go down

Etheridge, Sorcha Empty Etheridge, Sorcha

Post by Guest Sat Jul 30, 2011 4:45 pm

CASE FILE: Creig Militant
Etheridge, Sorcha 2nixn42 Etheridge, Sorcha 2nixn42 Etheridge, Sorcha 2nixn42
Technologic

FULL NAME:
→ Sorcha Etheridge

SEX:
→ Female

BIRTH PLACE:
→ Carraig

RACE:
→ Unknown (Likely Esparian)

DEPARTMENT:
→ Research and Development

DATE OF BIRTH:
→ December 25th, 1998 (Exact date is an estimate)

HEIGHT:
→ 140cm (4'7in)

WEIGHT:
→ 48kg (105.6lbs)

PICTURE:
Spoiler:

DESCRIPTION:
→ Sorcha’s appearance is a bit of an uncommon thing in Carraig, a largely homogeneous country with a bit of a distaste for foreigners. Like an Ishvallan in Amestris, three things make Sorcha stand out as an outsider, a non-creig by birth: Her hair, eyes, and skin. Her skin is a smooth, rich bronze colour, and is nearly flawless in all its vibrant youth, and smooth and soft to the touch. Her hair is an odd shade of orange-red or vermilion, and is rather short for a girl’s hair style, being tousled and messy most of the time, a hairstyle easily expected of a wily boy her age. And then finally, her eyes are a vibrant amber colour, a final piece to her appearance that would make one assume she may be part Esparian, if not full. Sorcha is tall and lanky for her age, but still has a very childish appearance, from bright and cheery face, her skinny, twiggy body, and her flat chest. Even as she approaches the period of growth know as adolescence, she still maintains the appearance of a child. What’s more is that her looks are very tomboyish, and she can sometime be mistaken for a young boy.

Sorcha has a very eccentric posture, often moving about like a spaz or a child on caffeine, like rolling on the floor to get from one place to another in her room. She’s full of life in her movements, gestures, and expressions, which are all so quirky and odd. Her voice is really sing-songy, even by Creig standards, and she has a tendency to pitch her tone in odd ways and use humorous voices for comedic effect. Sorcha has some of the most expressive facial expressions you’ll ever see, from her big goofy smiles to her priceless ‘thinking faces’.

Sorcha, being the adopted daughter of the King of Carraig and a princess, has access to the best clothes around, and could have the most beautiful dresses available if she wanted, but she oddly enough opts for cheaper and simpler clothing, stuff that feels comfortable, not stuff that looks good. That said, she usually wears simple t-shirts, some plain, some with pictures from her favourite shows or games, along with pairs of short pants of various colors, made of either typical cotton cloth or of denim jean material, depending on the weather and the occasion. The only time you will ever catch Sorcha in anything remotely formal, is when she is attending an event that calls for the attendance of the Creig royalty. Sorcha prefers to wear something more like a tuxedo or a suit when she has to dress up for those sorts of things, but proper ettiquete would see her wear a dress, and thus, a struggle for appropriate clothing ensues.

PERSONALITY:
→ Sorcha is not a normal child, not in any sense of the world ‘normal’. She is quite possibly the weirdest, strangest, wildest, quirkiest, unusual, most eccentric girl you will ever meet in your life time. But surprisingly enough, Sorcha is nothing short of a genius in the field of science, especially with mathematics, physics, computers, engineering and mechanics. The results of her IQ test turned out to be a whopping 215, yet she doesn’t seem to be your typical calculative, serious, and estranged genius. If anything, its extremely easy to underestimate Sorcha’s aptitude, due to her childish antics and nature. She often says childish and naive things, and isn’t extremely aware of some rules of society or etiquette. And though she may be a genius, she isn’t too knowledgeable about the reality of certain things, such as politics, war, the adversities of life, or just why some people are the way they are and why they act the way they do. She could build a rapid barrage rocket artillery, know exactly how man rockets per minute it fires, the range and trajectory of the rockets, and the radius of the explosions of a single rocket, and how many people it could kill, but she won’t understand the reality of it. They are just like statistics and facts in a video game she’s playing, so she carries on with a childish wonder, unaware of just how her inventions are truly affecting the world, of how it effects people. She has a limited ability to understand the feelings of other people as well, and can sometimes be oblivious to it. This might be attributed to her young age along with her genius mind, which is far better suited for understanding complex equations and advanced theories.

Sorcha mostly spends her time in the Creig palace, preferring to put her time towards drafting new designs for her next inventions, drawing them with a carefree expression, as simply as a child might doodle on a piece of paper. Once she drafts an acceptable schematic, she’ll set it aside until she has the materials she needs to actually contruct it, test it, then improve upon the prototype. This is all fun and games to Sorcha, she never takes it as seriously as other members of the research team in Carraig, she doesn’t treat it like a job, its just a hobby for her to spend her time doing. But its a hobby she really enjoys, and has fun with, so its not like she ever creates a half-baked machine that doesn’t work. She puts forth as much as effort as it takes (although her motivation can change on a whim, with her sometimes short attention span) in order to make her inventions work to their full capacity, and challenges herself to improve her designs over and over until she creates something she can truly be happy with.

When she isn’t creating the future of technology, Sorcha likes to pass the time with all sorts of various activities, which includes, but is not limited to: video games, playing pranks, playing with Gavin, playing with anyone else who will give her the time, drawing non-schematic drawings, running around outside in the gardens, exploring wherever she can get to, just walking around, watching television, tinkering with her computer, browsing the web, and playing with her toys (actually various personal gadgets invented for fun)

Sorcha is fairly airy and seems to lack any deep, sentimental thought or nature to her, but that does not mean she isn’t enriched with loving relationships with others. She loves her adopted father more than anyone else in the world, and treats him just as a loving child would treat a parent, seeking attention and giving affection. She never calls Gavin by his name, rather, she call him Gavi most of the time, but will sometimes call him Dadaí (DAH dee), the Creig equivalent of daddy. She also has strong attachments to other familiar faces around, like Artemis, or Arty, as she calls her, and the space pilot Toss, whom she affectionately calls rocket man.

LOVE:
→ Gavin, Carraig, Computers, the Internet, video games, playing pranks, drawing schematics, inventing things, Aretemis, Toss, anyone she becomes friends with for the most part, fruits, flying, vehicles, cake and other sweets, sunny days, television, traveling, the ocean, open fields, forests, snow, robots, math, science, paint, colorful and bright things, stories, spitting out watermelon seeds rapidly, climbing trees, tinkering with things, meeting people, movies, aquariums, museums, music, dancing, running around, playing, her dog Coco, Gavin’s dog Cinder, stars, people with accents, things that smell nice, and virtually anything else you can think of.

HATE:
→ Being alone, black coffee, mayonnaise, being bored, wearing dresses

HISTORY:
→ We first found that child on the steps of our church one cold night about thirteen years ago, hours before the new year, 1998, it still was, I believe. Poor child must have been abandoned by her parents, she was only a few days old, yet she was so full of life. Our church also being an orphanage, we took her in and did our best to care for her, as any decent person would do.

The next few years we watched her grow into a child unlike any other we’ve ever had here in the church. There was a bit of controversy in her stay here considering that she was obviously a foreigner, with her dark, brown skin, red hair, and yellow eyes. We thought she might be part Esparian and part Creig, but we were never sure of it. Ethnicity aside, she always did seem different from the other children, she had a bit of a queer way about her, can’t really say it was healthy behaviour for a child her age. Always saying the oddest things, running around and moving about in such weird ways that some of the sisters in the church thought she was possessed! But she never harmed a soul, such a sweet child, as rambunctious as she was. As she got older, we noticed that despite all her hyper behaviour and quirky attitude, she was actually incredibly smart! When all the kids became of schooling age, she was already picking up math that not even middle schoolers would know. She would know all sorts of things too, things that even the sisters and I weren’t aware of, scientific stuff, the sort of stuff that people learn about in universities. She was such a bright child, so gifted we didn’t know what to do with her, and she didn’t even have her a name. We all just called her child, as she didn’t have a name when she arrived and we were not sure what name would be appropriate for her, as we weren’t even sure of her ethnicity.

But the one thing I could never accept in the child was her heathen attitude towards god. We made sure all the children her at the church were brought up on good, christian values, and that they all accepted god into their hearts to sanctify their souls. But that child, she never seemed to take it seriously, I don’t think she ever believed a word from the bible we said. She always disrupted our classes with questions like “Why does god only put us on one planet if their are millions and billions and trillions?” and “Why aren’t there any dinosaurs in this book?” and “this book is weird, how can the whole world flood and then dry up without water completely leaving the planet?”. We tried to explain to her all of God’s wondrous design, but she kept on getting her hands on all these text books and information from the computer. Even more troublesome then that was when she started making things. Not like the arts and crafts that most of the children did, but these complicated designs, all sketched out in pencil. The sisters and I couldn’t make much of these drawings no matter how we looked at them, but the child understood them, it seemed. She began to build things out of junk, amazing toys and gadgets that no child should have been able to create with their own hands. She once even took apart the mircrowave and turned it into a remote control car! A microwave, into a car! And that was just the beginning of it, by the time she was six, the whole orphanage was filled with her crazy toys, and all the kids were playing with them. We were never sure what we were going to do with that child.

And then it was one fateful day that, to my surprise, the King of Carraig himself, Gavin Etheridge, arrived in our humble church. He seemed to be touring the countryside and mingling with the common folk, so I said to him “Why don’t you come see the children?”. I know it seemed foolish to ask a king to play with small kids, but he seemed like such a gentleman, so down to earth that he might enjoy the company of the orphans for just a bit, and they would enjoy the company too. I watched as he talked and played with each of the children for a bit, it brought quite a wide smile to me it did, such a heart warming moment! Our king playing with children in our little orphanage. But I was mildly surprised when he had taken a piece of paper from the wall and brought it to me and asked who had drawn it. I looked it over and realized it had been one of the Child’s odd designs, so I told him about her and showed him all of the odd gizmos and watchamacallits she had made. He seemed quite taken with them, and asked to be directed to the person who made them, so of course, I pointed to the Child, who was tinkering with things in the corner. The two talked for quite some time, I never overheard anything that they spoke of, but he seemed to be really happy about meeting her. The King approached me again and spoke with me and offered to adopt the child! Dear me, I was quite shocked when he made that offer. Who would have ever thought that she would be adopted by the king himself? And not only that, but he gave such a generous donation to our church for the other kids. Our King is such a benevolent and kind man, that's what I had thought at that very moment. I saw them off and hugged the child, Sorcha, as the king named her, goodbye.

Sorcha still writes us here at the church, sending a letter for us all to read to the sisters and the children that knew her. Its been six years, and she has moved on to great things that we never would have imagined! She’s now the princess of the country! God bless her little soul, such responsibility that must be resting on her. Knowing her, I worry just a little bit for the King and the rest of the advisers, haha. She also seems to be part of some big research project and is apparently designing a lot of the stuff to be used by Carraig’s military and for the future of our economy too. I hope she does wonders for us all, that gifted little child. But what I am grateful for most of all, is that she is happy with her new father and her new home, that that cheerful and goofy smile of hers and her bright mind will continue to shine to this day.

TRIVIA:
→ Has an IQ of 215
- Loves fruits, her favourite foods are watermelon and bananas
Creig, Cretan, Amestrian, Xingese,

ALIAS:
→ Jokun/Che

OTHER CHARACTERS:
→ Nika, Raistlin, Aishe

CREATOR'S COMMENTS:
→ Pudding!

FACE CLAIM:
Code:
[b]Cowboy Bebop[/b]/[i]Edward Wong Hau Pepelu Tivrusky IV[/i]

CUSTOM RANK:
→ Radical Genius

Back to top Go down

Etheridge, Sorcha Empty Re: Etheridge, Sorcha

Post by Reila Tsukino Sat Jul 30, 2011 5:10 pm

APPROVED

IT'S A MIRACLE!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH...
If you don't post with all your characters I'll delete one of them of my choosing ☼o☼
Reila Tsukino
Reila Tsukino
PENDING

-Case File-
Level:
Writer:

Back to top Go down