Modern Day Alchemists
WHY AREN'T YOU SIGNED IN!$#%@? -sends Aurel after you-

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Modern Day Alchemists
WHY AREN'T YOU SIGNED IN!$#%@? -sends Aurel after you-
Modern Day Alchemists
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» This is the end I fear
The Man With No Goals. ~OPEN EmptySat Mar 19, 2022 4:18 pm by Reila Tsukino

» Best wishes
The Man With No Goals. ~OPEN EmptyThu Sep 17, 2020 12:08 pm by Reila Tsukino

» Simon Eris
The Man With No Goals. ~OPEN EmptyFri Nov 15, 2013 1:57 pm by ChaosAlchemist

» Pumpkin Spice
The Man With No Goals. ~OPEN EmptyWed Nov 06, 2013 4:13 pm by Rhea Stevenson

» BARBERSHOP BRUNCH, BRO'S.
The Man With No Goals. ~OPEN EmptyWed Nov 06, 2013 12:54 pm by Wolfgang Murinyo

» Training Private Daw (Open to Amestrian Militants Only)
The Man With No Goals. ~OPEN EmptyMon Nov 04, 2013 6:07 pm by Dawsic

» AKI'S NEW FORUM
The Man With No Goals. ~OPEN EmptyMon Oct 21, 2013 12:59 am by Silvac

» Baldursdóttir, Ymir [done]
The Man With No Goals. ~OPEN EmptyThu Oct 17, 2013 5:56 pm by Jay Furor

» Practice Makes PERFECTION
The Man With No Goals. ~OPEN EmptyMon Oct 14, 2013 11:19 am by Zayne O'Reilly

» Just a Checkup
The Man With No Goals. ~OPEN EmptyThu Oct 10, 2013 8:55 am by Crassus

Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 74 on Wed Sep 10, 2014 4:45 am
Join us on Facebook!

The Man With No Goals. ~OPEN

Go down

The Man With No Goals. ~OPEN Empty The Man With No Goals. ~OPEN

Post by Guest Tue Nov 01, 2011 10:39 pm

spacesOn a cold night in a city where houses were destroyed and totaled, was a man with no goals. As mentioned, he had no goals, no where to go but his home, nothing to do but wander. How did he get into Amestris? He sneaked his way in. Why did he do that? He has nothing else to do. His name was Shindou, and had come all the way from Xing in the east. He longed for adventure, he was bored of his old life at his home. He did not run away, he is a man now, he can do whatever he likes and no one has the rights to stop him. He had visited his parents in Xing a couple of days ago, and he does so once in two weeks. He looked around at the destroyed buildings and running people. "Pitiful", he said in Xingese. He rarely ever spoke, but he often did mutter single words to himself, "Really pitiful.." He muttered a couple of words to himself and made his way to a huge collapsed building. He knew a lot about almost everything, therefore he knew exactly what happened to this building. One wall was taken down by a bomb of the enemy forces. The wall fell inward. Its side hit the wall on its left, and its front hit the wall on the front. The wall on the left collapsed on top of the falling wall while the wall in front collapsed on the left wall. Only one wall was left standing, and that one wall slowly collapsed because it did not have any kind of support to keep it standing. The roof must have fell on the first wall to fall, and got crushed by that side wall. The house had a strong stilt on its ground floor. The stilt was half-broken but it had helped to keep a small opening for someone to enter into the collapsed building. Shindou made his way in through this opening, without a care in the world that the stilt may break and the walls may fall on him.

He saw lots of money left by the people who died during the collapsing. His eyes visually turned to dollar marks as he approached the money. But then he realized there was no way for money to be floating around, yes he was dreaming. He looked around for anything valuable, unfortunately for him, there was nothing but destroyed walls and structures. He explored further, he saw a gym, and a pool. He didn't see any human lying about. They must have been evacuated before the building collapsed. Or so he thought. He took out a small book from his backpack and began reading it as he walked out of the building. He was disappointed in his find, he had expected some valuables there but there wasn't one thing worth a dollar. They were all broken or burned. He looked at his watch, and saw that the time was 4:30 am.
He had a habit of staying up very late and sleeping in the morning as soon as the sun rises. He didn't yawn one bit as he walked around, with no goals.

Word Count: 532
Characters: Shindou, Animos

Last edited by Shindou on Sat Nov 05, 2011 1:49 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

The Man With No Goals. ~OPEN Empty Re: The Man With No Goals. ~OPEN

Post by Guest Sat Nov 05, 2011 1:37 am

And who would be on the streets again but a certain man, a man of three, three men in one? A man always on the move, a nomad bearing no teepees or tentpoles. Yes, Jack Maximillion was that man, though currently he was going by his basic persona, Anim. And Anim was scurrying cautiously throughout the ruined city of Central, like a dock rat on a busy Monday afternoon at the shipyard. Anyways, constantly scurrying through the ruins, he moved with the agile grace and speed of a ninja, with all of the insecurity of a proclaimer of Armageddon after lunch on Tuesday. He stopped near a ruined house, waiting. He had heard something. Voices, rambling in unknown languages... Pull that lil kukri of yours, you chicken crap! Slice his guts open- Anim, don't even contemplatye such foolish ideas! This could be anyone, he most likely means you no harm! Blade and Jack Max could tell so obviouslky how frustrated their arguing was making poor Anim, the paranoid. "STOP IT! SHUTUPSHUTUPSHUTUPSHUTUPSHUTUP!! AAAARGH! I WILL DO WHAT I WANT AND SHUTUPSHUTUPSHUTUuUuUuUuuuppp..." Witha fury coming from frustration at his other personalities, Anim moved into the structure, as silently as he could, kukri in hand...

He crept up behind Shindou, moving like Tarzan or something, his stringy black hair flailed wildly about and deepset violet orbs glimmering wildy, terrified and angry at the same time. He brought the kukri into the air. Swoosh went the curved blade, just as he tripped on a piece of debris. He clumsily fell beside Shindou, striking his knife fast into a wall. Tugging at it, he got it free finally, and backed away from Shindou, terror in his eyes. "G-g-get BACK! I'll cut YOU! I will, I swear I WILL, b-believe me! J-just l-l-l-l... GO AWAY!" And Anim crouched down low, facing away from Shindou, confused as always, but also a bit curious. Why was this man in this house in Central?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 06, 2011 5:57 am

At first Shindou had tried to ignore this man. He looked away, at the bright moon which shone very brightly that night. It lit up the dark city. He whistled to himself as he tried to walk away. He heard him screaming the words "Shut up" repeatedly. He had thought he was some kind of lunatic. He looked at the full moon and chuckled a bit. He understood what he was screaming, he was doing so in Cretan, a language he learned. He had the book from before in his hands. It was titled Chimeras for Dummies, the author was his grandfather, a legendary warrior of Xing. The book was written in Xingese. Human Chimera, he read the subtitle. He continued to read in his mind, While the synthesis of chimera is an accepted, albeit rare and elusive branch of alchemy, the concept of extending its mutative hand to the realm of human characteristics and abilities falls under Human Transmutation and is therefore strictly banned as a practice under the authority of the military. On the other hand, though there are alchemists who flout this decree and step across the threshold into monstrous experimentation, it has been publicly stated that all illicit attempts to create a human-animal hybrid have failed.

But then came a situation where he cannot ignore this weird man. As he crept up behind him, Shindou heard his footsteps, and quickly turned around. Then he clumsily fell beside him. "What are you, drunk?" He asked in Cretan. And then he said the weirdest things. Shindou was not so good in Cretan, he couldn't catch up to this man's fast speech. He had said something about cutting me, Shindou said to himself in his mind, Man I'd like to see him try without poisoning himself He smiled as the man crouched. "Yeah, right." He said, not knowing what he just got himself into. He didn't like to kill, but he loved adventure. Maybe he is getting some adventure by watching this man try to cut him. "Bring it on."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 06, 2011 3:47 pm

Anim stared, a bit dumbfounded at Shindou now. He had just asked if Anim was drunk, apparently, then challenged him... To a fight? Animos managed to regain some compsure, though he still tried, desperately and in vain, to move through the wall behind him, hoping to escape this man. Animos was a strange man, even stranger than his other personalities. A paranoid by nature, he had also taken the neutral stance of the three sides of Jack Maximillian. Of course being neutral when gboth good and evil influence you is insanely hard, and it has warped his fragile mind horribly. At any rate, he was often clueless, and even moreso than that, nutty as a squirrel in a pecan tree. Thankfully Jack Max took command of his body then. His wild, frightened eyes calmed and he stood up, regaining composure. Frowning at Shindou, he spoke clearly and calmly in Cretarian. "Hello. My name is Jack. The other personality of mine you saw moments ago was Animos, frightened fellow. He's paranoid, and is not at all mentally stable. I apoligize for his actions. Now could you do me a favor and tie me to that support beam there? It would be most beneficial if my third personality didn't slip out while you were here. Unfortunately, while Anim avoids people and I am normally rather docile around them, Blade prefers to see the insides of people, if you catch my drift." Jack then sheathed the kukri and tossed Shindou a handful of ropes and handcuffs, as he moved towards the support beam.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 07, 2011 12:00 pm

Is was usual for Shindou to dumbfound anybody he doesn't know. He didn't chuckle one bit as he said, "What's the matter, not going to cut me in half?" He just stared as the man acted strangely, trying to get away from him but never could. He wondered if this man was a chimera of some sort, a failed human transmutation based off a chimera. This was the only thought that came into Shindou's head right then. He tilted his head and his purple hair fell in the same direction. He was confused as he appeared to change persona. He listened to Jack's speech, and then replied, "Alright, apology accepted. I am just a little curious, are you a chimera of some sort? I would like to now more about yourself if you are so, I love knowledge." He looked at the support beam when it was mentioned. What a nice guy, he offers me to tie him to a support post while a moment ago his other persona thing attempted to cut me in half! He said to himself in his mind. "Alright, I'll tie you to that support post.." He caught the ropes and handcuffs. When Jack reached the post, Shindou handcuffed him, wrapping the chain around the support post, trapping him. He tied him tightly with ropes. "You must be very tired," He said, "I am hungry myself, would you like some food?" He asked, showing a different side of him.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 07, 2011 7:38 pm

Jack sat rather still in front of the post until he was locked and secured. Testing the chains and confinements, he smiled satisfactorily. Blade, you rabid wolverine, you aren't getting loose any time soon... "JACK! I'LL KILL YOU AND I'LL KILL THIS IDIOT TOO, IF HE DOESN'T UNTIE ME THIS INSTA- You'll do nothing of the sort, Blade! Now, as for your question, I am no- We ain't no chimera, yah stupid wannabe know-it-all. By the way, quit being so friggin nosy, yah piece of cra- BLADE! Terribly sorry, Mr. ...? Sorry, I don't think I caught your name. As to whether I am tired, I must say I have been moving around for a while now, but I'm alright." At the mention of something to eat, Animos was again aroused from his forced slumber. And as the dominant personality, though not as charming as Jack or as clever as Blade, when it came to obtaining what he wanted, he had a thing for food. Thus, the word 'eat' brought him about, and he forced Jack and Blade away with a bit of ease, Jack's calm eyes being replaced with wider eyes, not wild as before, but rather like those of a young child at the sight of a large lollipop. "Food? I l-like food... Wanna sh-sh-share? PRETty please? I like food..."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:55 am

Shindou patiently waited for an answer, he had kept staring at him as he checked the chains. "They're perfectly fine.." He said as he checked them. He looked confused as another persona popped up in a sudden outburst. He was not insulted at all, he was not one to be insulted easily. "I'd like to see you try to kill me without killing yourself in the process." He liked the persona known as Blade, so he waited for him to return as Jack gave somewhat of a boring interruption. "Not chimera? How did you develop three different personalities then? And yes, I love to be a know-it-all, that explains my love for books. And I don't like to go to deep chit-chats but I LOVE to be noisy to annoy runts like you!" He replied to Blaze's part of the speech and frowned as Jack took over once again. He waited for Blade to pop out but he didn't. "The name is Shindou." he told Jack as he prepared to leave. He was kind of disappointed, he really wanted to have an epic battle with the Blade guy. He grinned as he pulled up his bag on the right shoulder. He looked around for a final glance at him before he left. He noticed the change on the eyes and figured before he spoke, that it was the personality that warned him to stay away a little while ago. He turned around to see what he had to say. He stared as the person talked in the most child-like voice. "I'll take that as a yes, stay here, I'll bring you some food left by ruined houses or something. Don't worry, I'll make sure they aren't dirty, I don't like dirty stuff myself."" He walked away.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 10, 2011 4:46 pm

Thinking back at Shindou's question of how his mind worked if he wasn't a chimera, Anim tried to shrug, but remembered the shackles. "I don't kn-now... Just not a chimera, I THINK. A guy o-o-o-ONE time, h-he said I was A trip-polarity case. Know WHAT th-that m-means?" He then watched as Shindou walked away, telling him he would come back and bring food. Anim had become a bit used to Shindou at that point, he didn't really want to run away anymore. Blade still wanted to destroy him of course, and Jack wanted to destroy Blade. Anim wanted to devour some food, and so he would once Shindou returned. As soon as he returned, Anim would be satisfied. Now just the painful struggle to wait that long...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 12, 2011 2:04 pm

Shindou did not hear the question as he took the next road. He whistled as he walked. He found another ruined building, seemingly one that collapsed from the aftereffects of the bombardment, rather than having collapsed from the direct impact. This could mean there were saved, unburnt food in here. Shindou walked in and as expected, he found unburnt, un-destroyed furniture and such. No people however. He figured out that they must have been evacuated, just like in the last building he went to. As expected, he saw food. There was some kind of a kitchen here with stored food. There were chip packets and chocolates. He checked the expire date. "Fifth December" He read. "That's two months from now, today is October 12th" He took the chip packets and chocolates and walked out of the house, back to where he kept Animos waiting.

Shindou kept whistling to himself (like always) when he approached the post. "I'm back," He said, "I found some chips and chocolates, unexpired. Should I release you so that you can eat? Or will you launch at me with your sword if I do that?" He held the keys in his hands, ready to remove the handcuffs.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 15, 2011 9:57 am

Animos waited, hungrily, as Shindou retrieved the food. Meanwhile, an internal struggle was taking place...

What do you mean, be DOCILE? You idjit, I'm not gon do that bullcrap, and you KNOW IT. Moron.
You are to be DOCILE and NOT KILL SHINDOU! At least meet me halfway on this, Blade. How about whenever YOU take control, you can make all your intelligent remarks, but without actual attacking him. What do you say?
What do I say? I say that's the stupidest thing I've ever heard. But if you SHUT YOUR YAPPING, I'll try to be nice. And keep your panties on, sister. Man, you act like I'm a manical slasher! AHAHAHAHAHA!! I don't even get the body long enough to do that. Is one of my life goals though.

The inner voices faded into the blackness as Anim was returned to the mortal realm by Shindou's own return. "Food?" Seeing the food, his eyes sparked, and in answer, began trying to shimmy out of his trappings, to no result. He would have to wait for Shindou to actually untie him, so until then, he stared longingly at the food he had promised.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 17, 2011 8:16 am

Shindou held the keys of the locks in his hands. He got ready to untie the three personality man. He placed the food next to the pole and inserted the key into the keyhole in the lock. "I'll release you, but if you attack me in return, I will kill you. So think before you act." He said before unlocking the locks. He untied the tight ropes soon after, and handed the man a packet of chips with his right hand. With his left, he drank a strange liquid and strange noises can be heard from his mouth. It seemed like some sort of alchemy. He withdrew the tube and covered his mouth with his left hand. He knew that the insane personality would attack him when he least expects it, so he expected it when he least expected it. This was a warning; raise the sword and live the poison. The alchemy of this sort required knowledge of poisons and the vaccine of this specific poison. The poison has a burning sensation on contact, and can cause blindness if come with direct contact to the eye. But it's main effect is what it should be feared for. Once inhaled through mouth or nose, they disable body parts bit by bit, slowly reaching the brain. If not cured within an hour after the infection, it is almost certain death. The cure can be provided by Alkahestrists, but Shindou has the vaccine and immunity in his blood which can be applied on the poisoned opponent to cure them.

Back to top Go down

Post by Shula Brighton Thu Dec 01, 2011 8:33 pm

{BUMP}
Shula Brighton
Shula Brighton
PENDING

-Case File-
Level: 4
Writer:

Back to top Go down