Modern Day Alchemists
WHY AREN'T YOU SIGNED IN!$#%@? -sends Aurel after you-

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Modern Day Alchemists
WHY AREN'T YOU SIGNED IN!$#%@? -sends Aurel after you-
Modern Day Alchemists
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» This is the end I fear
Seeing what trouble I can cause {Open} EmptySat Mar 19, 2022 4:18 pm by Reila Tsukino

» Best wishes
Seeing what trouble I can cause {Open} EmptyThu Sep 17, 2020 12:08 pm by Reila Tsukino

» Simon Eris
Seeing what trouble I can cause {Open} EmptyFri Nov 15, 2013 1:57 pm by ChaosAlchemist

» Pumpkin Spice
Seeing what trouble I can cause {Open} EmptyWed Nov 06, 2013 4:13 pm by Rhea Stevenson

» BARBERSHOP BRUNCH, BRO'S.
Seeing what trouble I can cause {Open} EmptyWed Nov 06, 2013 12:54 pm by Wolfgang Murinyo

» Training Private Daw (Open to Amestrian Militants Only)
Seeing what trouble I can cause {Open} EmptyMon Nov 04, 2013 6:07 pm by Dawsic

» AKI'S NEW FORUM
Seeing what trouble I can cause {Open} EmptyMon Oct 21, 2013 12:59 am by Silvac

» Baldursdóttir, Ymir [done]
Seeing what trouble I can cause {Open} EmptyThu Oct 17, 2013 5:56 pm by Jay Furor

» Practice Makes PERFECTION
Seeing what trouble I can cause {Open} EmptyMon Oct 14, 2013 11:19 am by Zayne O'Reilly

» Just a Checkup
Seeing what trouble I can cause {Open} EmptyThu Oct 10, 2013 8:55 am by Crassus

Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 74 on Wed Sep 10, 2014 4:45 am
Join us on Facebook!

Seeing what trouble I can cause {Open}

2 posters

Go down

Seeing what trouble I can cause {Open} Empty Seeing what trouble I can cause {Open}

Post by Murazar Dauthi Fri May 07, 2010 7:05 pm

Today was one of those traveling days where you just got in the mood to just jump out of town and head somewhere you've never been. Well that days wasn't today, in fact that day was a couple of days ago when he arrived in central. So far he hadn't found a place to stay, but he figured he wanted to explore the city, get in some trouble, rent a apartment, and call it a night.

For this purpose he held a simply grey backpack slung over his left shoulder and he was wearing his dress clothing on along with his ammo lining his jacket. His weapons of course concealed along with the ammo, the only way to notice is if you were looking specifically for it. The small bulges that weren't quite normal, the warriors way he moved, the piercing stare he had. All the marks of someone that was capable of lethality, had the capability on him at the moment, and had done similar things before to prove he could do so.

He looked up at the clear sky, smiled, and then moved on to a cafe to get some light breakfast and coffee. Ok well he didn't drink coffee, so he'd probably end up getting water. After getting his table outside he hanged his light backpack on the adjacent chair, waited until his food arrived. Then ate it without a word before telling the waitress he'd simply sit here with his water for a little while before leaving. He paid and after getting a refil leaned back seemingly relaxing, what he was really doing was tensing almost as if ready to spring into action. Old habits died hard.

Beautiful day, well if you like the sun. The rain fits myself far better. He grinned at the thought as if in private amusement before sipping his water and looking back down towards the people and surroundings.
Murazar Dauthi
Murazar Dauthi
SOUL CATCHER

-Case File-
Level: 4
Writer: Mura

Back to top Go down

Seeing what trouble I can cause {Open} Empty Re: Seeing what trouble I can cause {Open}

Post by Xan Fri May 07, 2010 7:46 pm

Xan was also wearing a long trench coat, a pair of black gloves, and a pair of boots, slacks, and a semi-formal style shirt. All of his clothes were black, except for the white mask and white tie he was wearing. In other words, he looked like an evil mastermind version of Scar, Major Miles, and Neo from The Matrix.

Being a little bit hungry this morning, Xan went into the nearest café and ordered breakfast, with coffee.

When he had obtained his food and drink, Xan sat down at a random table and started to eat. His thoughts were mainly pointed toward the technicalities of water alchemy, and its application in war.

With a snap, Xan brought down a little bit of water from the sky and imagined it becoming a spear to impale his enemies. Or perhaps a dozen arrow shaped projectiles, which ever came first.

Becoming bored with thinking of water alchemy without actually using it, Xan began to look around him for interesting individuals. His eyes stopped at a particular individual who looked like he was a definite warrior type.

Huh, now there was an interesting person.

Walking over to his table, Xan asked if he could have a seat at his table.
Xan
Xan
PENDING

-Case File-
Writer:

Back to top Go down

Seeing what trouble I can cause {Open} Empty Re: Seeing what trouble I can cause {Open}

Post by Murazar Dauthi Fri May 07, 2010 8:45 pm

Murazar blinked lightly as he stopped himself from literally jumping out at the man. His tense muscles stayed exactly where they were. He motioned with his left hand to take a seat opposite of him, tactically if the man was a thief or something after all the man look eccentric and was wearing a mask of all things. Murazar spoke calmly and politely, his eyes never leaving the mans mask where his eyes would be. His piercing stare to most was unnerving to the few that didn't mind it normally had one of their own.

Afterall, if had to be a little unnerving if someone seemed to stare either through your body like you dont exists or right into your very being. "Take a seat, i'm not expecting anyone. The names..Murazar. Murazar Dauthi." He held his hand out across the table to ensure subtley he sat there. The tactical advantage was the best he could have without possibly offending a possible enemy or ally.

Either way if he had to he could always use his wind alchemy. His bag of dirt inside either of his pockets were easily reachable and obviously didn't hold a actual weapon. Regardless this didn't seem to be the sort of meeting that was going to end in hostilities.

Last edited by Murazar Dauthi on Sat May 08, 2010 2:15 am; edited 1 time in total
Murazar Dauthi
Murazar Dauthi
SOUL CATCHER

-Case File-

Back to top Go down

Post by Xan Sat May 08, 2010 1:38 am

Without another sound, Xan took the seat opposite the man and set his coffee down in front of him. He hadn’t even touched it yet, which brought up a simple question: Why had he bothered to buy it? Xan hoped that he wouldn’t have to answer his question, as his answering of the question would end in chaos.

Xan stared at the man who had his hand extended toward him. He had introduced himself as Murazar Dauthi, which was a name that Xan had never heard of before.

Xan shook the extended hand firmly, then took off his mask. Two red eyes greeted Murazar’s with a cool calmness, and behind the calm, a spark of intellect.

My name is Xanthus Icarus, but most people call me Xan. It’s a pleasure to meet you, Murazar Dauthi.
Picking up his coffee, Xan took a cautious sip, making sure that it was warm, but not quite scalding hot. Deciding that it was perfect, Xan took a bigger sip and set the cup down.

Noting the skies above him, Xan looked again at Murazar.

So, what brings you to a city like this, Murazar?
Xan
Xan
PENDING

-Case File-
Writer:

Back to top Go down

Post by Murazar Dauthi Sat May 08, 2010 2:14 am

Murazar nodded slightly to his name before commenting lightly as he seemed to observe and analyze the man before him. "A pleasure to meet you Mr. Icarus." He stuck with his last name and the title of mister, it put a boundary inbetween them that would only grow. No matter how much they would manage to learn of each other murazar wouldn't let him close enough to even be called what people called a friend.

He kept the raptor-like gaze upon Icarus's eyes, his eyes were bright blue today considering the sunlight and only a few clouds to inconsistantly block out the rays of light shining down. Murazar sipped his water for a moment and set it down, he kept a firm and powerful grip over it. He spoke calm as usualy, and frigidly polite as usual." I'm here because my feet itch for something to do. What about you, Mr. Icarus?"

He stopped analyzing the man in front of him for a moment as he glanced at his mask and then proceeded to observe the surroundings. He had already noted possible escape routes, defensive locations, probable weapons, and such the moment he looked around. It was a habit that he liked, it was a very useful thing to have no matter the occasion.
Murazar Dauthi
Murazar Dauthi
SOUL CATCHER

-Case File-

Back to top Go down

Post by Xan Sat May 08, 2010 5:38 pm

Xan reached for his coffee, drank the rest of it at once, then put the now empty cup back down. That was some very good stuff, capable of waking up anyone in the morning, even someone like Xan. Placing his mask back on his face, Xan relaxed in his chair.

Well Mr. Dauthi, I am here for a great many reasons. I am here, at this café, because I was hungry and wanted breakfast. I am here in this city because I need to complete some reports to some higher ups. And incidentally, I suppose that I’m in this city, at this café because I too seek something with which to occupy my time.

While he was speaking, Xan played with some water that he tore from the air. He shaped it into the form of a cup, then into a floating map of Central, with the command center circled by a swirling vortex of water. When he was finished speaking, Xan put the water into the cup and took a sip of it.

Tell me Mr. Dauthi, what do you do for a living?
Xan
Xan
PENDING

-Case File-
Writer:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 08, 2010 8:46 pm

Liam sat quietly at the furthest table of the café; he had been watching the two apparent sociopaths sitting in the corner. One was wearing a mask, and the other seemed almost normal, except that parts of his coat moved rather unusually almost as if there was something in his pockets, both were wearing trench coats. Liam was wearing his black overcoat his service pistol on the inside pocket of his coat, he was wearing a tan sweater underneath, and a pair of khaki pants. He was content to do nothing but sit there and read the paper until he noted that the one with the mask had just formed some sort of map out of water, “Huh who is that guy, he is obviously an alchemist, but why has he taken lengths to conceal his identity, is he meeting up with the other man, or is it just a random meeting. I'm of duty what do I care either way I have to see how that guy how he controls water with that level of skill” Liam thought to himself. At that Liam stood up, and walked over to the other table and introduced himself smiling and giving of the air of someone who was oblivious to the unusual attire of the two, “hi my name is Liam, do you mind if I join the two of you?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Murazar Dauthi Sun May 09, 2010 4:26 am

Murazar watched carefully, the man was either very ignorant of murazar, very stupid, or very brave. He hoped for the mans sake it was ignorance. Icarus already gave away three things, he was a alchemists, in the military but not a state alchemist most likely, and lastly highly skilled with water. Murazar didn't bother feigning a expression, instead he remained calm and almost uncaring. It was as if the alchemy, size of the man, and the obvious fact he was in the military didn't bother him which it didn't.

"I'm a mercenary, I guess you could say my paychecks a good size larger than yours. No retirement though, as if i'd need any later in life." He paused to glance at the newcomer that approached the table, he caught a glance of him as the man got up and moved toward them long before he reached the table. Murazar motioned to the chair to his right, the one across from his backpack. Now it was getting crowded, he replied calm and politely, "Of course, my name is Murazar Dauthi. Take a seat, Sir." He got the feeling from the next person, this liam. That he was dangerous in his own way to approach him and icarus on his own. Murazar analyzed him briefly and discreetly before watching both the welcomed intruders.

{OOC: Not a clue why you both think he has a trench coat on because he doesn't, but eh whatever please keep it in mind. He doesn't look like a stalker, he just has a regular jacket on. XD}
Murazar Dauthi
Murazar Dauthi
SOUL CATCHER

-Case File-

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 11, 2010 12:11 am

Liam took the seat that was offered to him with a smile, his mind was taking in everything he had heard and seen with the lightning efficiency of a man who’s job in the military was to observer everything around him so he could report it to his superiors. “Curiosity killed the cat they say, but then perhaps it is the reason I have made it this far.” Liam looked over at Murazar he seemed a little uneasy, but then he had good reason, by the content of the conversation they were both new acquaintances the addition of a second stranger would put him of as well.
Murazar seemed to recover well from the intrusion “Well Mr. Dauthi, I imagine the mercenary business is quite lucrative, although I can also imagine that business comes and goes. I’ve met a few in your line of work in my travels; they always have the best stories,(that was true, on more than one occasion a conversation with a merc in a bar had helped him greatly in his investigations.) I’m guessing you have done a great deal of traveling in your line of work, something I can relate to in my own life.” Liam looked over at the man wearing the mask, “I do believe we have yet to be introduced.”

Back to top Go down

Post by Xan Tue May 11, 2010 12:37 am

Xan thought to himself for a moment about what Murazar had said. The man was a mercenary huh? He might have some interesting secrets and stories to tell. Oh well, trying to get information out of this one would most likely be similar to trying to get information from the higher-ups in the Military. A lot of money would probably have to be involved.

Though he did not visibly turn to look at the newcomer, Xan registered the fact that he was there. The man had introduced himself as Liam. That name seemed somewhat familiar to Xan, as though he had heard it before, but hadn’t really bothered to completely memorize it. That could happen when you pass by the more gossip prone members of the military; you learn to tune out everything.

Liam spoke to Xan saying that they hadn’t been introduced yet. For a second time, Xan removed his mask to speak face to face with someone.

Hello, my name is Xanthus Icarus. You said that your name was Liam correct? In that case, it is a pleasure to make your acquaintance Liam.
Xan
Xan
PENDING

-Case File-
Writer:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 11, 2010 3:35 pm

Liam looked directly at Xanthus as he removed his mask and gave him a relaxed smile, "pleasure to meet you Xanthus, I must say that the last time I saw someone wearing a mask was during the last time I visited North City." Liam couldn’t help but get the same feeling around xan that he did from a man who was a leader of men, although he couldn’t tell if he was a state alchemist or not his skill level seemed on par with many state alchemists he had met. Liam had once dreamed of being an alchemist, he had the proper understanding of chemistry and the sciences, but as Liam found out he lacked the "knack" try as he might he could not transmute anything.

"So Xanthus, I couldnt help but notice your alchemic abilities, it is quite impressive that level of control can take years to master. you have quite the gift, you wouldnt happen to be an alchemist of the state?"
Liam said all this with a smile his eyes sharply wathcing Xan and Murazar, they both shared the kind of intellect and observational skills that he himself had. "I should watch myself though, if i press either of them two much I could put myself in a situation that I cant talk my way out of" it would not be the first time that he had pushed his luck, but he got the feeling that niether of the two had any desire to be violent at the moment.

Back to top Go down

Post by Xan Wed May 12, 2010 6:16 pm

Xan lifted an eyebrow in Nakamora’s direction and thanked him. It wasn’t often that people complimented his abilities, so it came as a surprise to him. In fact, it had taken him quite a while to get as far as he had, and as for being a State Alchemist…

I’m afraid that I have not yet taken my State Alchemist exams, although I suppose that I should go ahead and take them. I just want to finish researching a few of the finer points of the more delicate disciplines of water beforehand.

Xan’s mind then zeroed in on something that Liam had said earlier, something about meeting a masked man in North City. That sounded like an interesting enough story to take Xan’s mind off of his boredom.

So Liam, tell us a bit about yourself. Do you serve the Amestris military? If so, what branch? And you said that you’d met a masked man before you met me. Tell us about what happened with him. That sounds like a fun story to listen to.
Xan
Xan
PENDING

-Case File-
Writer:

Back to top Go down

Post by Murazar Dauthi Wed May 12, 2010 8:09 pm

Murazar watched silently, he kept his mouth shut. These two somehow knew each other even though they might not have remembered. Or they had met and were supressing those familiar feelings, either could be working together agaisnt him. His back was to the proverbial wall, he had to watch them carefully. He spoke once softly and calmly. His politeness was present as always, and his mind was obviously and furiously analyizing them if they had any sort of brains.

"No stories here, just things i'm not privy to talk about and things i'm sure Mr. Icarus has plenty of his own. However, i'd like to listen to yours first." A fairly good move on his part, he was pushing icarus's issue and throwing a evasion to his own. His stories he would never repeat again in any kind of detail that would be useful or revealing in nature.

Murazar gave a curious look and asked politely, "Mr. Liam, you wouldn't mind giving us your last name would you? I prefer using it out of respect." He was probably one of the more unusual mercenaries, most were either rude or at the most polite when they wanted something. He acted almost military twenty-four seven, it just came to him naturally when you watched them enough and just absorbed what they did into your own habits.
Murazar Dauthi
Murazar Dauthi
SOUL CATCHER

-Case File-

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 13, 2010 3:17 am

Liam looked over at Muzzar, smiled and chuckled lightly “How rude of me not fully introduce myself, my name is Liam Nakamora, I am a warrant officer in the military." There was no point in keeping his position in the military a secret these two would have had no problem putting things together if they wanted to. Liam had learned that honesty was a quick way to earn peoples trust, and that an anecdote or two put most people at ease.

"I am under the Science branch of the military, my actual job is to inspect, and report military research and development in the other military districts and report my findings to the main offices in central. It seems that the Fuhrer is not particularly fond of his resources being wasted, and it seems the only thing the Fuhrer dislikes in our department more is when a division keeps a project secret from him. The very nature of my job involves traveling, although I hope to take command of my own post this job allows me to be in the know of almost every major project that is in the works and to meet many of the people behind the scenes of these areas." Of course Liam left out that he also reported his findings to the Intelligence division of the military.

"But I digress, during one of my inspections to Briggs I was held up in north city due to winter storm that was exceptionally fierce, I decided to spend my afternoon in a local lodge and update my paperwork form my last stop. as I sat there occasionally staring into the snowy ether, I slowly saw a man approach from what I can only imagine was the direction of Briggs he seemed almost to materialize out of the nothingness he was wearing all white, a mask not unlike yours Mr. Icarus, goggles, and a pair of gloves. He slowly approached the lodge I was staying, he walked in and removed his goggles, and he approached the bar and sat down for a coffee or cocoa, after that to be honest I kind of lost interest. Sorry if my story wasn’t the most exciting thing in the world but I have many experiences and a man in a mask doesn’t quite stand out as much in that weather, the only unusual thing was he never removed his mask I wasn’t even sure if he touched his drink." Liam looked over at Xan as he finished his last sentence; the more he thought about it the more he noticed the similarity between the two men

Back to top Go down

Post by Xan Sat May 15, 2010 9:20 pm

After Liam had told his story, Xan had a bit of a flashback. He had been walking from Briggs to the Northern Command Center in order to get a ride back to Central, when he had suddenly felt the need to go sit down. His entire body was still sore from the intense training he had been doing since he had arrived, and fighting a bear on the way did not help. He had majorly overexerted himself, not something that happened often, thus had desired a few days of vacation time.

He had stopped in a local lodge and ordered a drink, not that he had any intentions on actually drinking it. On the contrary, he had ordered the drink to appear a bit more inconspicuous. It was a good thing that he had done so, because as it turned out, that feeling that he was being watched was really Liam staring at him.

Xan chuckled darkly. Well, that just proved that one always needed to be careful. You never know who was watching.

That was an interesting story Liam. You have no idea who the masked man was?
Xan
Xan
PENDING

-Case File-
Writer:

Back to top Go down

Post by Murazar Dauthi Mon May 17, 2010 6:58 pm

Murazar watched and listened patiently, he looked between icarus and liam once. It was easy to connect that they had met, but not actually talked to each other. He spoke softly, "Interesting, although if this is going to be a story contest we might as well make it more interesting. Since i'm not military per se, what do you do that differs from my life. Pros and Cons if you will." He wanted to get this away from talking about adventures and that sort of stuff.

It'd be easier if he subtley gained information he could possibly use in the future. He also kept naturally his predator-like gaze settled on whoever he spoke to. If no one in particular, then on both of them. He never let his guard down for a moment, and if he did speak about his side as being a mercenary. Well that was easy to talk about, there was nothing to gain that would harm him beyond a rival perhaps. Or someone to help him, at least unless they became enemies.
Murazar Dauthi
Murazar Dauthi
SOUL CATCHER

-Case File-

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down