Modern Day Alchemists
WHY AREN'T YOU SIGNED IN!$#%@? -sends Aurel after you-

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Modern Day Alchemists
WHY AREN'T YOU SIGNED IN!$#%@? -sends Aurel after you-
Modern Day Alchemists
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» This is the end I fear
Ash, Katie-Lynn EmptySat Mar 19, 2022 4:18 pm by Reila Tsukino

» Best wishes
Ash, Katie-Lynn EmptyThu Sep 17, 2020 12:08 pm by Reila Tsukino

» Simon Eris
Ash, Katie-Lynn EmptyFri Nov 15, 2013 1:57 pm by ChaosAlchemist

» Pumpkin Spice
Ash, Katie-Lynn EmptyWed Nov 06, 2013 4:13 pm by Rhea Stevenson

» BARBERSHOP BRUNCH, BRO'S.
Ash, Katie-Lynn EmptyWed Nov 06, 2013 12:54 pm by Wolfgang Murinyo

» Training Private Daw (Open to Amestrian Militants Only)
Ash, Katie-Lynn EmptyMon Nov 04, 2013 6:07 pm by Dawsic

» AKI'S NEW FORUM
Ash, Katie-Lynn EmptyMon Oct 21, 2013 12:59 am by Silvac

» Baldursdóttir, Ymir [done]
Ash, Katie-Lynn EmptyThu Oct 17, 2013 5:56 pm by Jay Furor

» Practice Makes PERFECTION
Ash, Katie-Lynn EmptyMon Oct 14, 2013 11:19 am by Zayne O'Reilly

» Just a Checkup
Ash, Katie-Lynn EmptyThu Oct 10, 2013 8:55 am by Crassus

Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 74 on Wed Sep 10, 2014 4:45 am
Join us on Facebook!

Ash, Katie-Lynn

Go down

Ash, Katie-Lynn Empty Ash, Katie-Lynn

Post by Guest Tue Dec 13, 2011 9:36 pm

CASE FILE: State Alchemist
Ash, Katie-Lynn 2nixn42 Ash, Katie-Lynn 2nixn42 Ash, Katie-Lynn 2nixn42
”Things have changed a lot in the past couple years…so it’s understandable how everyone acts like they don’t know me anymore.”

FULL NAME:
→ Katie-Lynn Ash.

SEX:
→ Female.

BIRTH PLACE:
→ Xenotime.

RACE:
→ Mainly Amestrian, partly Xingese.

DATE OF BIRTH:
→ June 18.

HEIGHT:
→ (In boots) 170.23 (5’7”), (without boots) 165.44 (5’5”)

WEIGHT:
→ 60.12 kg (about 132 lbs.)

PICTURE:
Spoiler:

DESCRIPTION:
→ Katie has milk chocolate brown hair, with a majority of her bangs parted to the right, but it only slightly blocks her vision in her right eye. Two sections of her hair that end below her chest drape over her shoulders. The rest of her hair is held by a low-ponytail-braid, ending at her backside. Her eyes are a light crystal blue, matching her light-shaded hair. As for her clothes, for her undershirt, she wears a black sleeveless, fitting turtle neck and ends just below her ribcage, showing her stomach. On top of this, there’s an over-the shoulder white zip-up shirt, that ends an inch above where her undershirt ends. The sleeves on the over shirt are short, so there’s room on her arms for her black fingerless gloves, that start above her elbows. She wears dark blue skinny jeans, with a black belt that can carry the swords and guns she needs. Lastly, her shoes are two-inch heeled black lace up boots that begin below her knees. Yes, even though now she is sixteen, she still prefers to wear quite a bit of black and dark colors.

PERSONALITY:
→ Katie-Lynn, as a fourteen year old, was sweet, happy-go-lucky, bubbly, a little bit ignorant, and very optimistic. Things have changed a lot over two years, but she’s still managed to keep her warm-hearted personality around people she knows, namely her sister and family. Because she’s lost people that she’s loved, she’s become a bit cold towards people she doesn’t know, instead of being a social butterfly like she used to. She doesn’t get too close to people in the military, or anyone she just meets. She’ll be a little hostile to people until she warms up to them, possibly after spending some time with them. However, if she doesn’t like a person, she will openly say it to them, regardless if they like it or not. Even with the changes, she still tries not to be rude, especially during work. Sometimes, though, a girl’s got to let her hair down.
She is still very respectful to people that are above her in rank, and she is still obedient as can be. Her loyalty, though, has admittedly gone. She doesn’t trust anyone as much as she used to, afraid of being hurt, or possibly betrayed (not that she ever was originally). During a mission, she’s always on her toes, in case of a sudden attack. She’s gotten better at undercover missions, as well, seeing as she’s become more self-reserved. She isn’t so naïve anymore, unlike of when she was fourteen. She has become a bit more impatient than she was, which is practically her only childish trait that she has picked up.
Just because she has taken up with training with weapons does not mean that she’s become more violet. As a matter of fact, she’s only become more calm and focused, seeing as she’s worked with sniper rifles, and you need to be calm and quiet for those, otherwise you will lose your target. Concerning the military, she’s grown to have a dislike towards them. She still keeps her job there, for now, though, because it helps puts food on the table at home.
Katie has also become a bit more motherly, because of her mother’s death. She’s become more of her family’s caretaker at home, which is why she acts so warm only around her father and sister. She’s taken on so much responsibility, which is why she hates going on missions nowadays. She’s too afraid for her family’s wellbeing.

LOVE:
→ Her 5 year old sister Whitney, her father, staying home and helping her family, training with weapons,

HATE:
→ Getting too close to people, going on missions, leaving her family, the military, complete isolation,

DEEPEST SECRET:
→ Her secret, I suppose, would be that she used to be friends with homunculi. She didn’t realize this until after she turned fifteen, when they were all gone. She’s tried not to come in contact with too many people since, since she’s insecure of becoming friends with people just so that she can lose them again.

HISTORY:
→ Katie-Lynn grew up peacefully and happily with a great family. She got interested in alchemy when she was about six years old, and learned what she knows from there. Since her mother is a Tringham, and her father technically a Sora, she learned alchemy from both parents, and maybe a little bit of Alkestry from her father.
Knowing these abilities, she mainly studied alchemy. She was so interested in it, it was all she focused on for years.
She discovered another material she could work with, and one she fairly enjoyed as much as alchemy itself: Limestone. She was so fascinated with it, she would always go deep into the mining caves of Xenotine, where she was born and raised, and would always try to find limestone to work with, which she always found. She studied it, and already knew about water being captive within the stone, which she used to her ability. She practiced with her father often, and she would always beat him in battles.

Practicing after four years, Katie decided to try and apply for a State Alchemist position. She entered the exams, and they allowed her to try. After all, Edward Elric was an alchemy prodigy at twelve. Maybe this ten year old girl, who seems really confident, could be the next child prodigy.
Trying her very best in the exams, she ended up failing. It turns out she really wouldn't be the next prodigy. The military thought she wasn't even close.
She was crushed when she was told, but that also proved that she needed more practice.
And that's exactly what she did.

Three years later, after finally beating both her parents in matches she challenged them to, and a new baby sister born, she entered the State Alchemist Exams again. She had to show off so much more skill than before, but it was worth the result.
Finally, after all of her hard work, she finally passed the exams with the name 'Limestone Alchemist.' Ever since then, she's been obediently going on missions and happily being a part of the military.
After all of her experiences, and a short while before turning fifteen, Katie decides that it was time to train in weapons, since that was an area that she knew nothing about. She had depended far too much on alchemy, and was eager to work with weapons. She was trained to work with swords and guns, which is the reason why she wears a belt that can carry both types of weapons.
Before her sixteenth birthday, her mother Millicent fell gravely ill from a disease that she picked up while traveling with Elijah, her husband, during their 16th marriage anniversary. Once they returned home, Katie did all she could do to help take care of her mother, with the help of Elijah and her little sister Whitney. Though, once it became evident that she wasn’t going to live, Katie had lost all hope. Her mother died after she turned sixteen, and Katie became the new mother of the house, taking up responsibilities, and insisting that if she could take care of herself on missions that she went on, she could take care of her father and sister. After this, she hated going on missions, because they tore her away from her family, and she knew they needed her.
She, however, is currently still training in weapons with a teacher that she found on her own, and hardly depends on alchemy anymore. However, she still keeps her State Alchemist pocket watch. She’s debating whether or not to quit the military, because of her family’s needs.

ALCHEMIC/ALKAHESTRIC ABILITY:
→ Katie’s alchemic technique since she began learning alchemy was working with earth elements, since she did live in a desert, one specializing in coal mining. She found an element that she could work with and that she could easily find in the coal mining caves: limestone. She manipulates the minerals in the limestone to increase or decrease the size, or sharpen or dull it. Because 10% of rock is made of limestone, she doesn’t really need to carry it around with her, and she can find the element anywhere. She uses limestone often for offense, considering she can shape the stone into anything at will. She uses it for defense, as well.
There are other stones made of calcium carbonate, which is what limestone consists of. By working with limestone, she works with these other stones, as well, since they are embedded within it. Calcite is also embedded within limestone, and that element comes mainly from (dead) marine organisms such as coral or foraminifera. Manipulating these minerals, she can take out any one of the other stones to use, or change the limestone into that one stone completely, increasing or decreasing whatever element that certain stone had.
After using the offense technique for so long, and getting into training with weapons, she quickly conjured the idea for a limestone sword, what she calls her Mineral Blade. That way, she could change the sword into anything she wanted for whatever attacks she needed. Having her transmutation carved into the sword, she could repair it whenever needed, as well.
For defensive purposes, Katie can summon limestone from the ground by sticking her Mineral Blade into the ground, creating a limestone, or any other stone that contains calcium carbonate, shield, and on occasion uses it for long-distance attacks, creating rock spikes that shoot up.

TRIVIA:
→ She may go by Katie, but her full first name is Katie-Lynn. She has no middle name.
→ She speaks fluent Amestrian, plenty of Xingese, and bits and pieces of other languages because sometimes she travels for her missions.
→ Kaite-Lynn still plays with her little sister, Whitney, no matter how silly or humiliating the game is, she always plays it with her. Also, Katie was the one to give her little sister her middle name when she was born: Ulrica.
→ Katie is an avid chocolate lover. Give her chocolate, and she will warm up to you a little faster than usual, but still keep up her now coldish exterior.
→ Since turning sixteen and after all the events that have happened to her, she’s become a bit of a tsundere.
→ Katie never wants to fall in love again. It hurt her too much in the past. However, it’s not out of the realm of possibility for her to fall for someone again. All she needs is kindness, consideration, and pure love.

ALIAS:
→ I don’t care what you call me at this point. XD I’ve been called many things. But, if you need to, you can call me Katie. :3 That’s what everyone calls me here anyway. XD

OTHER CHARACTERS:
→ I played Katie in the first MDA, then when moving to this MDA when it first started, I played Elliot Rowan, Kaari Riley, Alexis “Lexi” Robynne (who I’m hoping to bring back, as well, eventually) and Reina Haze-Faye.

CREATOR'S COMMENTS:
→ That I miss being here and I’m so happy to bring my little Katie back~ …Also, I used ‘backside’ in her description because I wanted to sound more professional than just saying ‘butt’. XD As for her history…I copy and pasted a majority of it from her first profile—the one on the old MDA. :3
Also, I AM CURRENTLY WORKING ON KATIE’S TRANSMUTATION AND WEAPONS APPLICATIONS, SO YOU WILL GET THOSE VERY SOON. owo
And since I’m bringing back Katie, I SWEAR I’LL STAY THIS TIME. ;w; FOR GOOD.

CUSTOM RANK:
→ (I’m not entirely sure of what you’re asking of me here, so excuse my stupidity, but please explain this a little further to me, please?)

OFFICIAL TITLE:
→ Limestone Alchemist

Back to top Go down

Ash, Katie-Lynn Empty Re: Ash, Katie-Lynn

Post by Dai Tue Dec 13, 2011 9:49 pm

R E V I S E

You won't be a State Alchemist at Level 1. Also, a military position isn't guaranteed in the first place--Ed was always a special case; though I'll let Aki make the call on that one.

Also, the Custom Rank will be the words under your picture. Like how mine is "UNCHANGING" for Dai. :3

Other than that, a very nice app and a unique Alchemic Ability~
Dai
Dai
PENDING

Back to top Go down

Post by Dai Sun Jan 01, 2012 10:17 pm

A R C H I V E D

Due to inactivity. PM me if you want this app back.
Dai
Dai
PENDING

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down