Modern Day Alchemists
WHY AREN'T YOU SIGNED IN!$#%@? -sends Aurel after you-

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Modern Day Alchemists
WHY AREN'T YOU SIGNED IN!$#%@? -sends Aurel after you-
Modern Day Alchemists
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» This is the end I fear
Gathering the Party EmptySat Mar 19, 2022 4:18 pm by Reila Tsukino

» Best wishes
Gathering the Party EmptyThu Sep 17, 2020 12:08 pm by Reila Tsukino

» Simon Eris
Gathering the Party EmptyFri Nov 15, 2013 1:57 pm by ChaosAlchemist

» Pumpkin Spice
Gathering the Party EmptyWed Nov 06, 2013 4:13 pm by Rhea Stevenson

» BARBERSHOP BRUNCH, BRO'S.
Gathering the Party EmptyWed Nov 06, 2013 12:54 pm by Wolfgang Murinyo

» Training Private Daw (Open to Amestrian Militants Only)
Gathering the Party EmptyMon Nov 04, 2013 6:07 pm by Dawsic

» AKI'S NEW FORUM
Gathering the Party EmptyMon Oct 21, 2013 12:59 am by Silvac

» Baldursdóttir, Ymir [done]
Gathering the Party EmptyThu Oct 17, 2013 5:56 pm by Jay Furor

» Practice Makes PERFECTION
Gathering the Party EmptyMon Oct 14, 2013 11:19 am by Zayne O'Reilly

» Just a Checkup
Gathering the Party EmptyThu Oct 10, 2013 8:55 am by Crassus

Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 74 on Wed Sep 10, 2014 4:45 am
Join us on Facebook!

Gathering the Party

Go down

Gathering the Party Empty Gathering the Party

Post by Guest Tue Dec 27, 2011 10:32 pm

She could go.

Barefeet slapped against the linoleum floor as nurses and doctors turned their heads to watch the raven-haired beauty running down the hall. Some tried to open their mouths to tell her not to run, but they then she was already gone.

She could go.

Veering hard off to one side, she dodged around people, patients, visitors, and gurneys, her singular good arm pumping through the air as a big smile was plastered across her lips. Her sapphire blue eyes were positively sparkling with a light that could outshine the sun, the slight pain in her bad arm completely ignored as it was bounced about. It could deal with it. There were greater, bigger things on her mind right now.

SHE COULD GO.

Vivian Olivia Duchamp, second eldest daughter of the Duchamp family in Creta, Captain in the Royal Guard, and member of the Crown Alchemist's was running down the halls of North City's hospital with complete abandon and utter joy in her chest. Her questions had been answered, her exploration assured, and she had to tell him. Him, Apos Rajan, her new Amestrian friend. The man she had rescued after he jumped out of a helicopter and landed not twenty feet from her in the war. The man she had come to know greatly in a matter of days. A man she... She could be herself around. Not a militant, not a nobleman's daughter, just... her. He wouldn't have to be alone. He wouldn't have to have such a sad look in his eyes as he looked at her. He... Heh, maybe she would have her suspicions confirmed.

Slowing to a halt, she slid a little across the floor despite her bare feet, her chest rising and falling quickly from the exertion. Thank goodness she had been permitted to remain in a black tank top and sweat pants otherwise that hospital gown would have been fluttering all about. Her long hair fell a bit in her face as she stepped through the doorway and looked to her Amestrian friend. Oh good he was awake. Heh, that would be rather important now wouldn't it? And she wouldn't have dared woken him even though she knew the news would bring him such great joy. "Hello Apos." She spoke slightly out of breath, stepping further into the room and flopping down on the stool next to his bed, her smile radiant as she felt the word all a jumble in her mind. Dear lord she had to calm down! What was she, a child of ten again?

Chuckling slightly at herself, she lowered her head and took a brief moment before raising her eyes back up to him. "So I spoke with Dietrich," she began, wondering what he must be thinking right now given how... jittery she was. She was hardly the gathered, calm woman she normally displayed herself to be. "And I can give you the happy news that I will indeed be joining you on your journey."

Back to top Go down

Gathering the Party Empty Re: Gathering the Party

Post by Guest Mon Jan 02, 2012 6:56 pm

Bang, clatter, clatter. "Mmmwhatthefuckisthatnoise..." Slowly opening one eye, Apos stared quietly at the nurse who had dropped her platter on the ground, before moving his eye across from her gaze. "Fucksake..." He needed to wake up first. Gritting his teeth, he slowly sat up and stretched, watching Vivian through careful eyes as she slipped in through the door, much to the chagrin of the obviously annoyed nurse who was recovering her goods. "Hello Apos." "Ello." He wasn't annoyed, just groggy, waking up still. Sliding up his bedrest, he cricked his neck and chuckled. You know, staying in bed for so long simply because of shock was one thing; but having that tempting thought of taking someone with you on such a long journey made Apos very... dizzy. Yes, that was the word to describe it. Not a normal dizziness, but some sort of dizziness that felt good. She sat upon the stool next to the bed, Apos shifting his gaze to suit that about twenty seconds later. Gods, this was frustrating on its own. Just the act of moving after being still for a good twenty-odd hours.

"So I spoke with Dietrich," She continued, and seemed quite jittery. Strange. Was she nervous about something, or excited? Judging by the way that she'd entered his room, he would have to assume that she was assuredly excited. Tapping his chin, he waited for her to continue her statement, though he was partially sure that she had been given a favorable answer. "And I can give you the happy news that I will indeed be joining you on your journey." Heh. Heheheh. He had to hold himself from laughing and from crying, all at the same time. Shaking his head slowly, Apos gave a slightly coy smirk. "I'd jump outta th'bed and hug ya, but, well... Sorta still gotta take it slow." He chuckled quietly, before looking over at the wall across from them. "Doc says I'll be up'n outta here by tomorrow, so we can start gettin' prepared an' be off by the end of th'week. I've already packed for one, but we may need to start packin' for two." He laughed softly, emphasizing the may for humor. Well, things had just gotten better, at least in Apos' mind. If they were truly getting better, well suffice to say they would have to see about that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 05, 2012 11:28 am

"Ello." Oh dear, he hardly seemed awake yet. And here she was, brimming with energy. She just hoped that she didn't overwhelm him with how much joy was bursting forth from her since well, that isn't the most welcome thing first thing after you wake up you know? It can be a bit... obnoxious. And that was the last thing that she wished to be. Least of all to him (not that she was really sure she could be). He... seemed really cooped up in bed. Granted, from what field experience she had, she knew shock wasn't something you messed around with at all. You had to be careful with it, make sure that all was well before moving forward. Not that she was a picture of that at all. She was always pushing herself forward even when she had injuries. Unless it reopened wounds. Those... those she made sure healed correctly and with as few scars as possible. Mother would hate it if she had too many scars to "mar her beautiful skin" as she repeatedly would say to her second eldest whenever she came home to visit.

But what did he think? He wasn't going to be alone! He wouldn't have to show such a sad face at the prospect of being alone anymore, and THAT thought made her quite happy. It had really bothered her to see him so down the day before (more than usual). So as she saw that coy little smirk grow upon his features, she felt her own smile grow as she giggled. When had she last giggled? Oh lord... She had always been so proper, she had no real idea at all. "I'd jump outta th'bed and hug ya, but, well... Sorta still gotta take it slow." True, so very true, she didn't want him injuring himself further at all. That would be bad. Especially before their big journey. "Of course." She murmured softly though there was still laughter in her voice, gathering her hair behind her ears with her good hand. "Doc says I'll be up'n outta here by tomorrow, so we can start gettin' prepared an' be off by the end of th'week. I've already packed for one, but we may need to start packin' for two."

Her laughter lifted with his, only shrugging lightly with a small wince due to her arm. Damn thing.. "Only maybe. I'm glad to hear that you will be free to go then. I'll have to see if I'm free to go then. Or else just leave. Heh." It wasn't like it'd be the first time she walked out of the hospital a few days early. "I'll talk to my family and see if they can start gathering some things together for me as well. I'm sure my father has some kind of gear from when he used to travel about." Biting her lower lip, how would postage work? If they wanted to leave by the end of the week they'd have to send it express, or the two of them would just have to go to Creta on the way... "Hrm... while traveling, do you think we'll run into caravans or somewhere where I could file reports? I realize its a desert but... " Dietrich's voice lingered in her mind, wondering if he would really be alright without her there. "I have to file my quarterly reports is all." What a vacation this was going to be!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:07 am

"Only maybe." He laughed at that. Yes, his sarcasm hadn't gone unheard; at least he was going to be travelling with a somewhat intelligent companion. Gritting his teeth slightly, he turned his body in the bed. The doctors had told him that he'd actually taken on more than physical shock on the landing. Upon touching ground, Apos' entire body had almost completely nullified its processes. He had been able to hold barely enough energy in his body to drag Vivian off to the safety of that room. The doctors, they'd told him that any longer in that cold and he would've died. If Vivian hadn't been there, he would've died. If he'd remained in that helicopter, then he would've died. Vivian had really saved his life, and he'd wanted to repay her. So what did he do? Invited him on his trip into the desert that would take many months and possibly have them never come back. Smart move, Apos. I'm glad to hear that you will be free to go then. I'll have to see if I'm free to go then. Or else just leave. Heh." Oh, he could most certainly fucking relate to that. No need to stay in the damn hospitals as long as those bastards tell you to. You could leave when you felt ready to, not when a doctor said that you were supposedly "ready". The bullshit of hospitalization, eh?

"I'll talk to my family and see if they can start gathering some things together for me as well. I'm sure my father has some kind of gear from when he used to travel about." He blinked and scratched his head. That would probably set them back another few days, though he was certain that they could visit Creta on the way. That way, Vivian's parents could meet the guy their daughter was going to go gallivanting off with. Yay. Happy happy joy joy. Letting his legs dangle over the side of the bed, Apos looked at Vivian with a soft expression now, wondering how she was going to react to his next statements (whenever he could think of something to say). "Hrm... while traveling, do you think we'll run into caravans or somewhere where I could file reports? I realize its a desert but... " He blinked. "Prolly not. That said, I've never actually been out there, so you migh' be able to find a couple of caravans that'd take your mail back to a postal shop for a fee. 'Course, that's if you're willin' to trust him. We'd be in Xing within a couple o' months, an' I'll be bringin' my bike an' some extra gas along for the ride, so y'should be alright for time." He chuckled and nodded, wriggling his toes and smirking at Vivian with a confidence that mustered in his eyes.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:42 am

Was it really ok for him to be moving around so? It seemed like it took such effort or caused him pain every time he shifted and it concerned her. Maybe it was simply due to laying in bed for too long. Stiffness could be... evil. But what if it wasn't that? Was he really going to be ok for their journey? Of course he was, the doctors said he could leave tomorrow. Why was she worrying so much? Actually... why was she worrying so much about him? And why was she so excited about this trip? She had just met him! Met him by doing her duty from one soldier to another, one ally to another. This honestly shouldn't be so big a deal. She was even putting her career on the line for this (ok, maybe not quite, but close). What was it about this tattooed man with his overwhelming confidence that he hid behind? The chizzled muscles that had carried her, ironically, when she had been the one trying to make sure he was alright. Or even the butterflies she had felt before the last time they had spoken. She hadn't had such sensations since....

Oh god... It couldn't.. She.... nya? The faintest rosy tinge swirled across her creamy cheeks, blue eyes turning away from him towards the distant window. That.... was a possibility to ponder... Or should she not? Oh dear..... But he was moving more, and it drew her gaze since she wanted to be ready to leap should he need her aid at a seconds notice despite her injured arm. "Prolly not. That said, I've never actually been out there, so you migh' be able to find a couple of caravans that'd take your mail back to a postal shop for a fee. 'Course, that's if you're willin' to trust him. We'd be in Xing within a couple o' months, an' I'll be bringin' my bike an' some extra gas along for the ride, so y'should be alright for time." There it was again. That confidence had returned as he tested out his faculties, and she felt those butterflies flutter a bit more in her belly. "Most excellent. I'm sure I'll figure it out." She chuckled slightly and shook her head, hoping none of her newfound nervousness shone through. Well, she wasn't nervous persay. Just... perhaps more enlightened?

"A bike eh? I haven't ridden one of those since high school." Heh, what a time THAT had been. Somehow, it didn't really surprise her that he rode a motorcycle. Perhaps it was just what she did already know of him. Hehe, and she did not doubt that she'd be learning much more along this trip! After all, they'd be traveling together for at least a couple of months. "Oh, if Creta is too far out of the way, we don't need to go there. I realize it is in the opposite direction of where we need to go." Lord, she really was being slightly awkward now, wasn't she? Or more scatter-brained than normal. At least the excitement had begun to fade away so she wasn't so bloody bouncy.

Back to top Go down

Post by Shula Brighton Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:05 pm

{BUMP}
Shula Brighton
Shula Brighton
PENDING

-Case File-
Level: 4
Writer:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:04 pm

The chills of North City no longer seemed to affect Apos where he sat; he felt a cool breeze over his bare back, though it wasn't something that he would worry about. No, he would not care for this cold, though it would not bother him either. A calm smile slid onto his face as he turned his gaze back to the woman with a soft pink glow on her cheeks. "Most excellent. I'm sure I'll figure it out." He nodded. They'd be able to figure such things out, just fine. He was almost completely sure of that fact, to be honest. Chuckling quietly, Apos listened to her reaction about his bike. "A bike eh? I haven't ridden one of those since high school." Oh, was that so? "Then I'll have to introduce ya to the Lady Killer. She moves damn sleek, not to mention that she has some... unique... modifications. Oil slick, 'z' nails, smokescreen... I gotta get a couple more mods added on, just to make life a bit easier." He nodded to himself and started to quietly mutter away, thinking this over properly. A few mods needed to be added, that was for certain. Now, exactly what mods would he be adding and what mods would he--RIGHT. Vivian. No bike, VIVIAN.

"Oh, if Creta is too far out of the way, we don't need to go there. I realize it is in the opposite direction of where we need to go." He blinked and thought it over for a second. They needed to visit her parents, correct? Tapping his chin, he nodded. "S'all good. We can visit that before we head out, I'd appreciate seeing somewhere like Creta first. We'll do whatever you gotta do before we leave... since we'll be pretty much outta contact for almost a year, I don't wanna make you have to leave out of the blue." He smiled brightly at her, standing up and walking away slowly, limping towards the window and staring out into the distance with glittering brown eyes, watching the people go past. He envied them. They knew what they were doing, who they were, what their life was, where they would be. He didn't get that luxury; he'd always put on a mask that was supposed to be 'Apos Rajan'. Was it really him? What was he really? He was a scholar, he knew that much... but was that all? What else was he? That was the purpose of this trip... So he would use this trip to find it out. Closing his eyes briefly, Apos felt a single tear drip down his cheek.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:48 am

"Then I'll have to introduce ya to the Lady Killer. She moves damn sleek, not to mention that she has some... unique... modifications. Oil slick, 'z' nails, smokescreen... I gotta get a couple more mods added on, just to make life a bit easier." The... "Lady Killer" hm? Now that was a name she had to chuckle at even though she was certainly a pride and joy of his. Either he was trying to compensate for something, he was serious about it, or she was just being goofy about the whole name thing. She was going to go with option three at this point. Heh... What WAS it that was causing her to be so odd right now? It just hardly made any sense! It... It couldn't [i]really be that possibility... could it?

She was drifting away from the subject at hand; were they going to stop by Creta or no? It sounded like such a selfish request now that the question floated back up to the forefront of her mind, wondering if it was too late to call back the request. "S'all good. We can visit that before we head out, I'd appreciate seeing somewhere like Creta first. We'll do whatever you gotta do before we leave... since we'll be pretty much outta contact for almost a year, I don't wanna make you have to leave out of the blue." He... would? Now Vivian had to blink and stare at him blankly, wondering if he really grasped the gravity of having to visit her parents. They were pleasant enough people who hardly acted like the other snobby nobles but well.... they were nobles still. Oh lord, were her brothers and sister going to make jokes? Crap crap crap.... Nodding once, she felt herself smiling despite the worries that were whirling about in her mind, though it faltered as she saw him get up and walk away. Was... No. He had said he had gotten the go ahead to leave within this week. Of course he'd be alright to walk.

The young woman remained where she sat for the moment, content to merely watch him right now though... She felt those nerves crawling back up her skin into her heart. It was pounding a beat faster and faster with each passing few seconds, biting her lip now that he wasn't looking at her. "Thank you. My family is used to me being away guarding Lord Dietrich for extended periods of time, but I'm sure they would like to see me once heh." Oh her father... "They would probably also like to meet the man that their second eldest is going to travel with for so long." Chuckling softly, she took a deep breath to get herself to relax. Things would be fine. Her family would be fine. They would go on a journey of answers, seeing the wonders of the world while they were at it. She had nothing to fear. And in all honesty, as she looked back at Apos' back, she truly believed that. Pushing herself up, she found herself beginning to bow like she might to another Royal Guard or even Dietrich and she shoved away the instinct like it were filled with the plague. No, instead she merely adjusted the sling her arm rested in and nodded her head to him even if he might not see. "Well, I will let you get back to resting. Good day Apos, and thank you again for allowing me to join you on this journey." With that, she turned and walked out of his room to return to her own, mind all aflurry with the days that were to come.

[EXIT THREAD]

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down