Modern Day Alchemists
WHY AREN'T YOU SIGNED IN!$#%@? -sends Aurel after you-

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Modern Day Alchemists
WHY AREN'T YOU SIGNED IN!$#%@? -sends Aurel after you-
Modern Day Alchemists
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» This is the end I fear
Just Relaxing... EmptySat Mar 19, 2022 4:18 pm by Reila Tsukino

» Best wishes
Just Relaxing... EmptyThu Sep 17, 2020 12:08 pm by Reila Tsukino

» Simon Eris
Just Relaxing... EmptyFri Nov 15, 2013 1:57 pm by ChaosAlchemist

» Pumpkin Spice
Just Relaxing... EmptyWed Nov 06, 2013 4:13 pm by Rhea Stevenson

» BARBERSHOP BRUNCH, BRO'S.
Just Relaxing... EmptyWed Nov 06, 2013 12:54 pm by Wolfgang Murinyo

» Training Private Daw (Open to Amestrian Militants Only)
Just Relaxing... EmptyMon Nov 04, 2013 6:07 pm by Dawsic

» AKI'S NEW FORUM
Just Relaxing... EmptyMon Oct 21, 2013 12:59 am by Silvac

» Baldursdóttir, Ymir [done]
Just Relaxing... EmptyThu Oct 17, 2013 5:56 pm by Jay Furor

» Practice Makes PERFECTION
Just Relaxing... EmptyMon Oct 14, 2013 11:19 am by Zayne O'Reilly

» Just a Checkup
Just Relaxing... EmptyThu Oct 10, 2013 8:55 am by Crassus

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 74 on Wed Sep 10, 2014 4:45 am
Join us on Facebook!

Just Relaxing...

2 posters

Go down

Just Relaxing... Empty Just Relaxing...

Post by Dai Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:43 pm

Daigoro Ito yawned, sitting cross-legged on his bed, Military-issued coat sitting around his waist, red hair falling to his waist, and spreading out on the bed. He stopped yawning, and looked downwards. He shard a room with Mura. The guy wasn't exactly talkative. Or actually present most nights. He assumed that he'd be searching for something... But Daigoro wasn't too phased. It just meant that he had the room to himself most of the time. He took a quick look at the checklist that sat beside him. Of course - he completed his duties for the day, and basically had nothing to do for the rest. His breath came out in steam, but he didn't care for the cold anymore. He could stand it, and that was enough. With a sigh, he reached into his pocket, pulling out a couple of large ball bearings.

Time to practice some Alchemy.

Daigoro clicked the fingers on his left hand a few times, before magnetising both the ball-bearings and his auto-mail right arm, all negatively. The like charges repelled each other, and the pull of gravity also meant that the bearings would be staying, suspended in mid-air, dancing around each other. Daigoro smiled softly, watching the bearings, not noticing the person walk through the door.
Dai
Dai
PENDING

Back to top Go down

Just Relaxing... Empty Re: Just Relaxing...

Post by Murazar Dauthi Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:38 pm

Murazar had a rough day, one of the agents he had sent to collect some data had died en route to give it to him in a blizzard because there was no shelter in sight. Murazar had managed to find his body and the parcel, he brought his body back to be dissected for any foul play that could have happened and he registered the information in the data banks. He decided he go to his and dai's dorm room for once and take a nap or at least relax.

He didn't bother knocking because one, nothing was going to offend him if dai was doing something. Two it was his room too so he didn't have to knock. Once he walked in he walked over and sat on the end of his bed watching dai work his magnetism, so far no one knew what he could do. Ya'know besides the obvious wind in his namesake, that hinted at it. That and wind wasn't an easily controlled element.

He looked over at dai and asked curiosly since he was recently thinking of how to strengthen his fighting style with alchemy, " Nice trick you have there, how does it work?" That was probably the most casual thing he had asked anyone in the past time period he was at briggs.
Murazar Dauthi
Murazar Dauthi
SOUL CATCHER

-Case File-
Level: 4
Writer: Mura

Back to top Go down

Post by Dai Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:24 pm

The red-haired Ishvallan looked up with a slight smile. So, he'd come back for once, huh? With a yawn, he grabbed the two ball bearings out of mid-air in his left hand, and released the Alchemy that encompassed them. He then de-magnetised his arm, and looked back towards Mura.

"It uses both my magnetism, and the force of gravity, to keep the two balls suspended in mid-air, not touching each other. I'm trying to decide on how to use them as a form of weaponry, as well as practising it myself. Heh... I guess it simply keeps me occupied..." He sighed, before pocketing them. He then smirked.

"And you. What's the meaning of this? Last I heard, you were out somewhere in the mountains, doin' a mission for the Brig Gen. Thought you'd be back later than this." He then laughed softly, and stood up, pulling the military coat back over his torso.
Dai
Dai
PENDING

Back to top Go down

Post by Murazar Dauthi Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:48 pm

Murazar nodded to the explanation, he decided after him simplifying his job he'd tell him how he could use it as a weapon. It really wasn't that hard to think of, you just had to be creative or unorthodox. " With my alchemy it was far too easy, more like a errand you do for your parents than a actual assignment." He shrugged, it was slightly overconfident and yet modest sounding. Good combination.

He spoke up again pointing at his iron 'weapons', " Making those into weapons would be simple, depending on how fast and accurate you can throw them or repel them towards a enemy you could strike them in the head or into their body. If fast enough you could tear them through a body and keep them moving. Eventually you could figure out how to wipe out platoons of enemies in one blow. "

He leaned back he wasn't joking at all, he was completely serious. He was relying in this job to have dai and the others kill off the enemies he was learning information and weaknesses about. He needed them at their best and continously getting better. That included himself, he was thinking over combining gravity or magnetism with wind. It didn't really hold a good idea together without making it two seperate attacks. They couldn't combine which is why he threw that idea out the door so to speak.
Murazar Dauthi
Murazar Dauthi
SOUL CATCHER

-Case File-

Back to top Go down

Post by Dai Sun Jul 11, 2010 7:44 am

Daigoro nodded at Mura's explanation. He'd heard the term somewhere before... Gauss Cannon, or something? He smiled softly, and laughed. So, he and Mura shared something along the line of thought, huh? With a smirk, he moved his left hand over the two balls, tilted them slightly, and used his magnetic force to push the two bearings into the wall opposite him. The sound of cracking plaster filled the air, and some pieces of the material hit the ground. He smirked - it appeared to have worked. If he could make it larger, into a greater scale model somehow, maybe, just maybe... He grinned, the schematics were already flitting around within his mind. With a sigh, he leant back onto the bed.

"Well, who knows? I'll see if I can get Nakamora to work on the materials. There might just be something in it..." He laughed, and sat up again with a knowing grin. Even better, he knew just where to find them himself. But maybe later.
Dai
Dai
PENDING

Back to top Go down

Post by Murazar Dauthi Thu Jul 15, 2010 12:20 am

He nodded as he watched the plaster crack and a chunk hit the floor with a soft 'patter' sound. He looked over it turning his head to different angles, he grinned for a moment devilishly before speaking. " You know, if you could use bullets or a something more aerodynamic with a point to it. You could probably do more damage. Or if you could use shards of things, like say..." He paused to think before speaking again." Shrapnel, you could do even more damage. It'd work even nicer if you could pre-prepare... Say a gun to shoot the bullets, and then use your alchemy to continue and change their trajectory. You have a very inventive alchemy style, if I do say so."

The devil-like grin faded nearly as quick as it was shown, his tone of voice was serious and interested as usual per the prior parts of the conversation. He seemed almost to enjoy combat, that or he just didn't care. He took out a pouch of dirt, before doing anything else he said to the same as before. " Watch this, and tell me if you can come up with any ideas." He grinned again devilishly before it vanishing. He grabbed a small handful of dirt in his right hand, as soon as it was thrown in the air at a space above the prior damaged plaster. A small, dense, and invisible gush of air smashed and cut a somewhat large hole into the wall. It was crescent shaped and deep in the middle with the ends of it branching out smaller and smaller.
Murazar Dauthi
Murazar Dauthi
SOUL CATCHER

-Case File-

Back to top Go down

Post by Dai Sat Jul 17, 2010 12:11 am

Daigoro thought for a couple of seconds, before shaking his head slightly. Although Mura's Alchemy was interesting... He couldn't rightly see any uses that he could put it to. It was already one of the most stealthy abilities that he could imagine, and it was definitely requiring less preparation than his magnetism. He sighed, stood up, walked over to the wall and picked the ball bearings up off of the floor, dusting them off. With a slight smile to his face, he walked back over to the bed and sat back down, before inspecting the two steel balls closely. There seemed to be very few markings on them, and that was a good first impression in Dai's eyes. He threw them up into the air, before catching them again.

No weight change, nothing. He'd made pretty good projectiles out of them, he'd have to hold onto them for later use. But Mura had mentioned something about using his Alchemy to chage the trajectory of a fired bullet. He couldn't use his Alchemy at range, so it seemed implausible... Unless... Not likely. Daigoro shook his head again, and turned back up to Mura.

"I guess that I could work something out..."
Dai
Dai
PENDING

Back to top Go down

Post by Murazar Dauthi Sat Jul 17, 2010 1:01 am

Murazar nodded lightly, so he wasn't quite as quick in thinking as murazar was. Not alot of people were, then again sometimes thinking slow was better. He replied to him as usual," Perhaps if you figured out how to use wind to change the trajectory of the bullet, it might not be smooth but it would be useful to hit enemies around cover or corners." Maybe it was him, or not but it seemed sort of crazy to think that creatively about killing people.

Then again he was a mercenary and did like what he did, it was interesting, engaging, and fantastically fun. He spoke again, asking this time. " So what made you decide to learn alchemy?" That was probably the most casual question he had asked someone in a long time. He was curious, which was a great trait as a intelligence person.
Murazar Dauthi
Murazar Dauthi
SOUL CATCHER

-Case File-

Back to top Go down

Post by Dai Sat Jul 17, 2010 5:40 am

Daigoro nodded at Mura's comment on the Alchemy. In his opinion, it wasn't the world's best idea for that sort of thing, but hey. If it worked... He smirked, before suddenly sitting up straighter at Mura's next question, about his Alchemy.

"My Alchemy... Was originally forced upon me. I was told that I had to learn it, and it was put as a second part to my studies in the Amestian language. After a while, I was stopped in my studies, and I could've just left it there..." He laughe. Why was he being so open with Mura of all people? He sighed, before continuing regardless.

"But.. I'd fallen in love with Alchemy by then, and decided to continue learning it, in secret. And, well, yeah. Here I am." He chuckled, and then looked back at the man, not missing a beat

"So, what about you? What reason did you have to learn Alchemy?"
Dai
Dai
PENDING

Back to top Go down

Post by Murazar Dauthi Sat Jul 17, 2010 10:31 pm

Murazar nodded patiently, dai was being pretty honest with him. Which mean't in his books he had to return a answer to his question with as equal value. He paused looking off in a random direction as if recalling something so far back it took a great amount of effort to recall. He finally spoke after a few seconds, his voice seemed to start out dull and almost dead before picking up to his normal controlled and polite self within a second or two." I was born in kanama, you know that poor town most people with a bit of travelling money pass up. I worked ever since I was a child along with going to school, so I was serious even then. One day I saw a alchemist repair a portion of a house with his alchemy. I decided from then on to study it, so I gradually bought the books on alchemy to study it since it looked like alchemy would make my work at the job easier."

He paused almost embarressed by what he said, that history was rarely if ever told to anyone. It was necessary considering what he asked dai though, in comparision his was more specific of a answer. He asked dai almost as if trying to push away his past," So how did you end up in the military here with the rest of us at briggs?"
Murazar Dauthi
Murazar Dauthi
SOUL CATCHER

-Case File-

Back to top Go down

Post by Dai Sun Jul 18, 2010 6:54 am

The red-haired Alchemist sighed. So many questions, but why? Had he done something wrong? No, that'd have been explained to someone higher up the food chain. Maybe... he was just curious about Dai's past. Not much to be curious about there, to be honest. He sighed again, before brushing a stray strand of hair back.

"I'd originally wanted to become a State Alchemist - still do, at some level. But everything just changed after I joined the military. It was to impress someone - my adoptive father, and, well, it didn't work. Can't really impress dead people, y'know. As for Briggs, well, I was randomly moved here by request of Brig Gen Tsukino, apparently. She did say that she'd formed her team personally. I guess that I was one of her choices, huh?" Daigoro sighed once more, before standing up, and picking up the cloth from beside him. Making sure that it was the right cloth, he then proceeded to sit back down again, and began to long and tedious process of tying up his hair. it annoyed him no end, but it was necessary.
Dai
Dai
PENDING

Back to top Go down

Post by Murazar Dauthi Wed Jul 21, 2010 5:39 pm

He nodded before speaking carefully, he didn't know if it was a touchy subject or not. " What made you choose magnetism for alchemy? I chose wind and flames because of the advantage for killing people. Plus my wind is useful for...other applications. " He decided not to quite say that his wind could be used practically for a surgical tool or to pick locks.

After all, whatever advantage he could keep he would. Just in case conflict would arise and he had to fight any of them he didn't want them to know what he was truly capable of. If he concealed just a slight bit of his dirt he could escape from a prison cell of theirs and leave completely. He didn't want them to know that and search extra just to make sure and to post more guards there if it happened.
Murazar Dauthi
Murazar Dauthi
SOUL CATCHER

-Case File-

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum