Modern Day Alchemists
WHY AREN'T YOU SIGNED IN!$#%@? -sends Aurel after you-

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Modern Day Alchemists
WHY AREN'T YOU SIGNED IN!$#%@? -sends Aurel after you-
Modern Day Alchemists
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» This is the end I fear
Brunch Is Served EmptySat Mar 19, 2022 4:18 pm by Reila Tsukino

» Best wishes
Brunch Is Served EmptyThu Sep 17, 2020 12:08 pm by Reila Tsukino

» Simon Eris
Brunch Is Served EmptyFri Nov 15, 2013 1:57 pm by ChaosAlchemist

» Pumpkin Spice
Brunch Is Served EmptyWed Nov 06, 2013 4:13 pm by Rhea Stevenson

» BARBERSHOP BRUNCH, BRO'S.
Brunch Is Served EmptyWed Nov 06, 2013 12:54 pm by Wolfgang Murinyo

» Training Private Daw (Open to Amestrian Militants Only)
Brunch Is Served EmptyMon Nov 04, 2013 6:07 pm by Dawsic

» AKI'S NEW FORUM
Brunch Is Served EmptyMon Oct 21, 2013 12:59 am by Silvac

» Baldursdóttir, Ymir [done]
Brunch Is Served EmptyThu Oct 17, 2013 5:56 pm by Jay Furor

» Practice Makes PERFECTION
Brunch Is Served EmptyMon Oct 14, 2013 11:19 am by Zayne O'Reilly

» Just a Checkup
Brunch Is Served EmptyThu Oct 10, 2013 8:55 am by Crassus

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 74 on Wed Sep 10, 2014 4:45 am
Join us on Facebook!

Brunch Is Served

2 posters

Go down

Brunch Is Served Empty Brunch Is Served

Post by Dunstan Hue Thu Sep 26, 2013 11:03 am

Gun barrels all directed to the same head. Cold lead waiting to be unleashed in a stream of hot death in every one. All the gunmen, some twenty, nay thirty men, awaiting the response from the intruder.

Oddly enough, this was only the second time Dunstan was surrounded by gunmen.

"Look, officers, I don't get what the problem is," he said innocently. "I'm not up to anything, you all know me."

"We know you as one of the most dangerous men in Carraig!" Came a shout.
"What we don't know is why you're sitting at His Majesty's breakfast table!" Dunstan rolled his eye in irritation.

"He knows I'm coming, alright!" Dunstan said. "If the guard at the door hadn't fobbed me off, I wouldn't have broken in! Look, I've got important business, so if someone could get some food and drink then I'll say what I need to say to him!" The gunmen were puzzled, and they all looked to each other. One fished a white cloth out of his pocket.

"So it was you who sent this message?"

"Yup!" Dunstan said proudly.

"That says 'Brrunch plz thank you yes' on paper that smells suspiciously of kerosene?"

"Yup!" Dunstan parroted.

"And you spelt brunch with two r's?"

"The paper was crumbled, I thought I hadn't put the r in at first." Dunstan clarified, before putting a napkin in his collar. "Now, I would like a prawn cocktail and some toast, just butter, and I'll have some orange juice, a cup of tea, a pint of bitter and a glass of Bourbon please."
Dunstan Hue
Dunstan Hue
1/2 BOMBER

-Case File-
Level: 1
Writer: Sponge

Back to top Go down

Brunch Is Served Empty Re: Brunch Is Served

Post by Gavin Etheridge Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:15 am

There were some days Gavin really had to question... well, everything, really. Apart from the state of Carraig's economy, the state of the world, keeping tabs on Brendon and Theo, Gavin was spending more and more time really wondering if he wasn't simply mad. While he knew without a doubt that Wolfgang was King of the Crazies and reigning champion of the World's Greatest Loon (he still couldn't get over that man showing up shirtless and riding a bloody grizzly brear), Gavin was becoming more and more convinced that he was coming in at a close second.

Reason number 18,748? One of the guards had come to Gavin's private office early that morning, looking more than a bit perterbed, telling the Creig King that someone had made their way into the palace, seated themselves in the sunroom at the smaller breakfast table, was insisting that they had an appointment with him and that he wanted prawn cocktails for brunch. What was it with people simply inviting themselves into the palace without much trouble and without being turned into Creig cheese? The trouble with everyone in the country having such rigorous training to be the best and scouring the world to hire the best was that it made it rather hard to deal with some of them sometimes.

Gavin sighed lightly, putting his empty coffee cup down on its sauce and riased a hand calmy. The guard wasn't pleased, but Gavin wasn't alarmed. A crumpled, gas-scented message had made its way to the King, though it wasn't signed. So, someone had indeed wanted to make a brunch appointment of sorts, and the list of people who would try so directly to see him was rather short. Most people called the secretary. Gavin rose, stacking the papers he'd been looking over together and piled them neatly to the side as he reached for his mini aid. "I'll go look myself," the mechanical voice chimed out. Besides, an anonymous brunch guest seemed like a rather nice break from the paperwork he'd been doing.

Making his way quickly there, the gunmen immediately stood to attention though their eyes and guns remained on Dunstan, who, given how he sat, couldn't be bothered to give a damn that they were there. Well, well. Somehow it figured it would be Dunstan- he had a track record for sneaking onto the premises to speak with Gavin. With a quick nod and small gesture of his hand, the guns were withdrawn begrudgingly. Gavin tapped at the screen again. "It's alright, I'll hear him." There was a brief moment of protest that was ignored as Gavin took a seat next to Dunstan, not hearing it. Dunstan was one of the most dangerous men in a country that bred dangerous men. One guard at the door would suffice for brunch. "We have business. Send Terri in." That alone should have been enough to sate the guards for now, and the fact that he'd sat down and was calling in the girl who usually served his tea rather cemented it.

The teenager came in, long brown hair pulled into a tight ponytail, the girl eyeing Dunstan warily. The guards had dispersed themselves, but that was still somehting rather alarming. Gavin turned to face her, catching her attention as he began to sign. Settings for two, and a pot of tea." Terri nodded before hurrying out of the room to return to the kitchen to inform her mother. Apparently Gavin was taking brunch today after all. A small sigh passed throug Gavin's nostrils as he looked over to Dunstan and pulled his aid back into his hand, a small, somewhat amused smirk moving onto his lips. "Very daring of you. You never fail to impress me."
Gavin Etheridge
Gavin Etheridge
THE SILENT KING

-Case File-
Writer: Shu

Back to top Go down

Post by Dunstan Hue Tue Oct 08, 2013 3:11 pm

Dunstan's one eyed gaze didn't move from his fork, which he played with while the guards got closer, some pressing their gun barrels in his cheek and trying to suggest that he better go with them to a nice cell. It was only when the king himself came in and dismissed them that they left Dunstan alone, and indeed Dunstan looked up.

"Ah! My second-in-command is here at last!" He said cheerfully, a friendly smile on his half-of-a-face. The guards weren't sure about how good an idea it was, but they did eventually decide to leave. As Gavin gave some sign language, Dunstan fished several file out of his pocket. The fact that he had put his hand in his pocket at all meant that, despite moving away, all the men in the room kept their guns trained on him. When Terri came in, of course, Dunstan gave her a wink and sneaked a peek at her butt as she walked away; he wasn't sure how old she was but she looked of age at least.

"Very daring of you. You never fail to impress me," came the electronic aide, and Dunstan looked back, opening up the first file.

"Well, I suppose I should start with good news, you look like you could do with some," he said, pointing to the most prevalent thing in the file; a set of photographs. Burning cars. Bloodied bodies. A scarred face. A bomb. And Shinku Kamogaya, the attacker who had attempted to sabotage the rocket launch in a time that seemed forever ago. "I gave our RIOTE friend a 'visit'. He's seen better days. And I've been keeping tabs on him; he went to Amestris and shit went south for him, forgive the pun. They found him on a beach twitching. A combination of the beating I gave him, the kicking he got in Amestris and a healthy dose of Deadlight has put him in the hospital. As far as I know, he's a chimera, so it won't kill him, but I can guarantee that we won't be seeing this sucker again."

The scarred face then went a little dark. Of course, it wasn't a beating he gave Shinku. It was someone else looking through his eyes. For this, he put the other files in a stack, a full ten, and slid them over to Gavin's side of the table, and placed a black book on the very top. A book with no cover, but Dunstan had already opened it to the first page.

My name is Lugo Brenhian, and anyone who finds this book will die.

The bomber calmly looked back at Gavin. The words were in Dunstan's handwriting.

"I hope that's not a name you recognise," he said, before tapping the stack under the book. "I've only very recently recognised it as my own. The grenade didn't leave me with amnesia after all, it made me think I was one of his aliases. Harmless mechanic and stoner Dunstan Hue. Apparently, the psycho didn't even touch a drink. Speaking of which;" as he said this, without looking back, he simply took the pint of beer off the tray Terri brought through, before taking a good long swig. He then placed it next to the glass of bourbon... and the tea.

"So I'm not telling anyone about this guy, because the bombing business is slow and if people knew I had an evil psycho in my head I might lose all my business, but I needed to mention it to someone, so if I visit you and I seem a eensy teensy little bit murder-crazy, you know what the deal with that is," he said casually, as if nothing was really wrong with what he had just said.
Dunstan Hue
Dunstan Hue
1/2 BOMBER

-Case File-
Writer: Sponge

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down