Modern Day Alchemists
WHY AREN'T YOU SIGNED IN!$#%@? -sends Aurel after you-

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Modern Day Alchemists
WHY AREN'T YOU SIGNED IN!$#%@? -sends Aurel after you-
Modern Day Alchemists
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» This is the end I fear
a day in central EmptySat Mar 19, 2022 4:18 pm by Reila Tsukino

» Best wishes
a day in central EmptyThu Sep 17, 2020 12:08 pm by Reila Tsukino

» Simon Eris
a day in central EmptyFri Nov 15, 2013 1:57 pm by ChaosAlchemist

» Pumpkin Spice
a day in central EmptyWed Nov 06, 2013 4:13 pm by Rhea Stevenson

» BARBERSHOP BRUNCH, BRO'S.
a day in central EmptyWed Nov 06, 2013 12:54 pm by Wolfgang Murinyo

» Training Private Daw (Open to Amestrian Militants Only)
a day in central EmptyMon Nov 04, 2013 6:07 pm by Dawsic

» AKI'S NEW FORUM
a day in central EmptyMon Oct 21, 2013 12:59 am by Silvac

» Baldursdóttir, Ymir [done]
a day in central EmptyThu Oct 17, 2013 5:56 pm by Jay Furor

» Practice Makes PERFECTION
a day in central EmptyMon Oct 14, 2013 11:19 am by Zayne O'Reilly

» Just a Checkup
a day in central EmptyThu Oct 10, 2013 8:55 am by Crassus

Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 74 on Wed Sep 10, 2014 4:45 am
Join us on Facebook!

a day in central

Go down

a day in central Empty a day in central

Post by Guest Sat Aug 07, 2010 10:21 pm

Kyroru was walking around central city looking at all the different shops and food establishment. He went into one of the food places took a seat and ate some lunch. After he was done eating he left and did some window shopping at some of the stores. he took a look at all there swords and books on alchemy. he couldn't help on buying some books. When he was done with that he found himself standing in front if the Central Military HQ. He looked at his for awhile and thought to himself. *one day ill become a State Alchemist just like my father and gain more knowledge and skills.* He just kept standing there thinking to himself.

Back to top Go down

a day in central Empty Re: a day in central

Post by Xan Sat Aug 07, 2010 10:35 pm

Xanthus Icarus, the Infinity Alchemist, stepped out of the Central HQ building, his silver State Alchemist pocket-watch gleaming in the sun. He had just returned from a 'personal mission' to Briggs, and had only just returned to Central when his Excellency the Fuhrer had requested his presence. Naturally, when the Fuhrer 'requested' someone's presence, it was more of an order, but it did not truly matter to Xan. What did matter to the Ishvallan was the envelope that the Fuhrer had given him. He had taken it, but had not opened it, being told not to open the envelope until later and seen out of the office by one of the Fuhrer's aides.

'Hmm...I wonder what the letter inside will say. His Excellency didn't even give a slight hint of what this was. Oh well, I guess that I'll see in a moment.' Xan mused to himself before almost running into someone; someone with hair that was as white as his. Well now, that wasn't something that Xan saw very often. And on top of that, it appeared that the person was a fellow alchemist, if his books were anything to guess off of.

Excuse me, but I couldn't help but notice that you have a very interesting book there. Would you by any chance be an alchemist?

The Ishvallan already knew that the person most likely was an alchemist, but that question was his default opening line when meeting a new person when he suspected that they had alchemical talent.
Xan
Xan
PENDING

-Case File-
Level: 4
Writer:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 07, 2010 10:57 pm

when Kyroru was bumped into he dropped one of his books. Kyroru quickly picked it up and put it back into his bag. after he pulled himself together he saw the person in front of him standing there in his military uniform. he heard the man ask "Excuse me, but I couldn't help but notice that you have a very interesting book there. Would you by any chance be an alchemist?" as Kyroru looked at him more he saw that he was carrying the watch that state alchemist wear. *omg this guy is a state alchemist.* Kryroru thought in his head. "yes i am a alchemist" Kyroru pulled out his book he used to take his notes down. "so may i ask what type of alchemist you are whats you type of alchemy and how dose it work."

Back to top Go down

Post by Xan Sat Aug 07, 2010 11:16 pm

Xanthus smiled a bit when the man confirmed his suspicions about him having alchemical talents. Then, the Ishvallan's expression became one of surprise when the man brought out a note taking book and began asking him about his own alchemy.

Well, I use what some call Basic Alchemy, that is to say that it does not have a specific element. At this point, Xan placed one hand firmly on the ground. The ground began to light up where his hand was placed upon it, then Xan lifted his hand, bringing with it a life sized statue of himself.

And as for how it works, my alchemical runes draw power from the Dragon's Pulse of Alkahestry, meaning that I don't have to waste time drawing a circle; rather I can just press my hand to the ground and perform alchemy. So tell me, what is your name? And what kind of alchemy do you practice?

The Ishvallan was quite curious. Was this man an Ice style alchemist? Did he follow the path of Fire? Maybe he was a disciple of a new alchemical discipline? It was quite obvious that the man wanted to be a State Alchemist, so depending on which alchemy it was, the Ishvallan could possibly give him a tip or two.
Xan
Xan
PENDING

-Case File-
Writer:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 07, 2010 11:40 pm

Kyroru licened to the man and what he was say, kyroru wrote down everything he heard in great detale. kyroru after seeing his alchemy with his own eyes wrote down again in detail what he saw. after he was done writing down everything he heard the man ask what his was. *wow hes actually interested in what my alchemical ability is* kyroru thought. kyroru showed him his hands. they both had tattoos of a transmutation circle on both of them. "now my ability is thees. now alone they do nothing but put them together." kyroru then clapped his hands together after he did this a white blue light formed in his hands and a beam of ice shot out and froze his statue in solid ice. kyroru then smiled at him and waited for his reaction.

Back to top Go down

Post by Xan Sat Aug 07, 2010 11:52 pm

Xanthus raised his eyebrows for a second when the man froze his statue, then laughed. So the man was an Ice alchemist? If Reila were here, she'd probably be enjoying this. 'And then she'd try to recruit him. But that's not remotely the point.' After Xan finished his musing, he placed his right hand against the frozen statue. Yep, it was definitely frozen solid. With a slight use of power, the statue be came nothing more than diamond dust and stone shards.

Well now, that is quite an impressive alchemical ability. I know some people who would love that power. At any rate, what brings you to Central? And more importantly, what brings you to Central HQ?

Not that it was Icarus' business really, but it was a slightly good question to ask of someone who had just been standing still, staring at Central Command like that right? Of course it was.
Xan
Xan
PENDING

-Case File-
Writer:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 08, 2010 9:52 am

Kyroru blushed a bit after the man asked him why he was at Central HQ. "Well im in central to viset family and i have already done that. i use to live here. then i when around the book stores to find more books on alchemy as you can see by my bag." Kyroru opened his bag and it was full of book which most of them were on alchemy. "I came by Central HQ to just look at my goal to become a state alchemist cause my father was a state alchemist too." Kyroru looked at the building again "I will become a state alchemist like my father and learn all there is to know in this world" Kyroru looked at the man again and smiled.

Back to top Go down

Post by Xan Sun Aug 08, 2010 7:40 pm

Xanthus was not remotely surprised by the man's reason for being at Central. Many alchemists aspiring to become State Alchemists made pilgrimages to Central, and even went to the Central Command HQ, however the Ishvallan had not heard that second line for quite a long time. "And learn all there is to know in this world." Xanthus nodded. Now that was what an alchemist should aspire to do. He liked this new alchemist already!

Ah, those are good goals to have. Always good to actively seek more knowledge, because in our specific field, more knowledge means more power, and more power means...well, whatever you want it to mean. At any rate, my name is Xanthus Icarus, the Infinity Alchemist. What's yours Mr. Ice alchemist? Or will I be forced to call you Ice from now on?

The Ishvallan smiled to show that he was joking about calling the white haired alchemist Ice. Then, because he tired of standing up for very much longer, Xan transmuted a bench for the two men to sit on, and sat on one end of it with a small sigh. 'Ah, it feels good to finally sit down!'
Xan
Xan
PENDING

-Case File-
Writer:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 09, 2010 2:43 am

Kyroru nodded in response to gaining more knowledge equals power then when he herd the ice comment he laughed. "no no you wont have to call me that. my name is Kyroru hazard" Kyroru smiled as he gave him his name. then hen he saw he transmuted a bench and he sat down Kyroru took a seat as well. "ya i already have a lot of information on different kinds of alchemy." Kyroru took out his notebook he was writing in earlier and then placed his hand on top of it. "Inside this book is everything my father and i have researched and learned about alchemy." the book was a great deal thick and had many pages written in it in great detail about different kinds of alchemy.

Back to top Go down

Post by Xan Mon Aug 09, 2010 7:09 pm

The Ishvallan looked at the book, feeling quite impressed. The 'book' was more of a tome, being very thick and appearing to be worn with use and age. It doubtless contained much knowledge about Alchemy.

So, Kyroru was it? You're not just an alchemist, but a researcher as well? That's good, that's very good indeed. I myself like to study the alchemical styles of those whom I come across, as well as read books about the different disciplines and sub-disciplines in alchemy and alkahestry.

Thinking about all of the different styles of alchemy and alkahestry he had seen, the Ishvallan nodded to himself. 'I did tell the truth. I do study the alchemy of others, and quite a bit too!'

So, have you given any thought to what your State Alchemist title will be when you become one? Xanthus had no doubt that Kyroru could become an alchemist of the State if he tried to.
Xan
Xan
PENDING

-Case File-
Writer:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 09, 2010 7:18 pm

kyroru smiled at him and then put the book away "Man if i could be a state alchemist that would be great and as for my name i guess i would want to be called the elementalist cause im hoping to learn all the different types of alchemy and be able to use them." Kyroru though though that the state gave you a name based on you alchemical ability, he though you weren't allowed to choose.

Back to top Go down

Post by Xan Mon Aug 09, 2010 7:29 pm

Xanthus put his hand on his chin in a thinking position. 'Learn all of the elements huh? Now that would be a potent power for one person.' Taking his hand off of his chin, Xan looked forward and up, towards the sky. It was an almost clear sky, except for a light cloud covering.

Well Kyroru, I think that you will be a powerful State Alchemist some day, and if you'd like my help, I can help you to reach that goal by pointing you in the direction of alchemists who are highly skilled in the use of certain elements. All you'd need to do is tell me which element you'd like to learn more about first, and I'd give you the name and their current location, if you'd like.

'Considering that quite a few of them are always in the same place, that wouldn't be very difficult either.' Xan thought to himself with a small chuckle.

Xan
Xan
PENDING

-Case File-
Writer:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 09, 2010 7:36 pm

Kyroru nodded and brought out a list from his bag. "Well i want to learn all of this fire, water, air, light, darkness, earth, and metal" Kyroru put the peace of paper back in his bag then looked at the state alchemist. "ya and then when i learn all of those i might be able to discover new type of alchemy all together."

Back to top Go down

Post by Xan Mon Aug 09, 2010 7:47 pm

Hmm...

The Ishvallan scoured his mind for the perfect alchemists to teach Kyroru what they knew about the elements. When he had arrived at the perfect conclusion, he snapped his fingers audibly. The entire process had taken about five to ten seconds. And in that time he had thought about quite a few alchemists who would be worthy candidates for the position of teacher.

Well my friend, you are in luck. I happen to know where one might learn more about the elements of air, water, earth, perhaps fire and metal all at once. However, where you'd have to go is definitely not for the faint of heart, as the law there is survival of the fittest...and the predators there are very very fit indeed. However, if you think that you're up to it, then you'll gain much elemental knowledge, plus your body will become quite...a force to be reckoned with. Interested in knowing where I'm talking about? Or should I think of a different direction to point you in? The choice is yours.

Xan then turned toward Kyroru with a faint glint of amusement in his eyes. He was wondering what the man would say to his offer. And if he happened to say yes...well, then the day would have gotten more interesting indeed.
Xan
Xan
PENDING

-Case File-
Writer:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 09, 2010 8:00 pm

kyroru packed up his bag and put it over his shoulder. then looked around in every direction."which way is it. im not scared at all." kyroru proclaimed. "My quest is to gain all the knowledge in this world and if that is truly my goal i would have to go there anyway to see what i can learn so point me in the right direction and ill start walking." Kyroru had a gleam in his eyes that said 'I cant wait to get there and see what im capable of.'

Back to top Go down

Post by Xan Mon Aug 09, 2010 8:11 pm

The Ishvallan grinned, a curious gleam in his eye. Now that was the answer that he had wanted to hear!

'Now here's a fine thing. He's actually serious about wanting to learn. Very well, I'll tell him what he wants to know.'

Very well Kyroru. In order to gain the knowledge that you seek you will have to go North. Far, far to the North. In fact, you will have to go to the Northernmost bastion of the might of Amestris. Your first training ground is to be Fort Briggs, the ultimate wall that separates and protects Amestris from Drachma. The Alchemists there are highly skilled in the usage of the elements, and use their skills to great effect. In fact, the last display of their strength was to create an enormous hailstorm that wiped out a Drachman army.

Xan stood up and looked at Kyroru. His expression had become quite serious in comparison to earlier.

To be fair, expect to work extremely hard if you undertake that journey and arrive at Briggs. But then again, you pretty much just confirmed that you're willing to do whatever it takes to gain power didn't you? Hmm...

At this point Xan stopped to think for a moment.

If you'd like, I could take you to the place as soon as you wanted. I'll even introduce you to General Reila, and with my recommendation, she'd be glad to oversee your training. What do you say?
Xan
Xan
PENDING

-Case File-
Writer:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 09, 2010 8:18 pm

when he stood up and got a serious face that was not like the one he had before Kyroru got serious as well. "yes ill do anything that is put before me to be the best that i can" kyroru then heard the offer to take him to the place were he needed to go. Kyrorus eyes shined. "REALLY. lets leave right now."

Back to top Go down

Post by Xan Mon Aug 09, 2010 8:26 pm

Xanthus liked Kyroru's eagerness to learn. That would serve him well when he got to Briggs. 'I hope that Reila treats this one well. He might well be stronger than she is someday.'

With that thought, Xanthus deconstructed the bench where he and Kyroru were just sitting and began to walk to the train station. Apparently, it was time to take a trip back to Briggs...back home.

Well? We might want to hurry up. The train to the North City leaves quite soon, if I remember correctly. When we get there, we'll need to go to the Northern HQ, and from there I'll take you to see Reila. The entire trip shouldn't take too long, perhaps a couple of days tops. And when we get there, all of the resources of Briggs pertaining to alchemy will be at your disposal. The Ice Queen is quite generous with this sort of thing. Just one word of advice however, before we get this trip underway. Not that I'll be needing to tell you this, but Reila has some serious trust issues, so just be careful at first, okay?
Xan
Xan
PENDING

-Case File-
Writer:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 09, 2010 8:32 pm

As soon as he saw him deconstruct the bench and start to walk to the train station Kyroru then began to follow with eagerness. Kyroru heard his words and nodded. "ok ill be sure to be car full when i meet her." Kyroru couldn't wait he was going to be taught in alchemy by alchemist in the military and you know they have to be good if there in the military.

Back to top Go down

Post by Xan Mon Aug 09, 2010 8:41 pm

After a few minutes, Xan and Kyroru arrived at the train station. The Infinity Alchemist bought the tickets, and they were preparing to board the train. At this point, Xan wanted to make sure that Kyroru was serious about wanting to go to Briggs to learn more about alchemy.

Before we get on this train, I feel like I have to ask you a question one last time, even though I most likely already know the answer. Are you certain that you wish to come with me to Briggs to learn from the elemental alchemist's of Briggs? If so, then here is your ticket, let's get on board the train. If not, then turn back now, because when we get on the train, there is no turning back. But no pressure, am I right?

With a small smile, Xan held out the train ticket to Kyroru. 'Quite a small and weightless thing to be what determined the course of a mans' life for the next little while huh? The irony is quite hilarious if I do say so myself.'
Xan
Xan
PENDING

-Case File-
Writer:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 09, 2010 8:56 pm

Kyroru looked at the ticket then looked back at xan. "i have already made my choice when i started this journey" Kyroru took the ticket and got on the train. when he boarded the train he looked around and saw there wasn't that many people on he took one of the seats that was close to him and stared out the window. *ill make you proud father* Kyroru thought to himself.

[EXIT]

Back to top Go down

Post by Xan Mon Aug 09, 2010 9:04 pm

Xanthus nodded as Kyroru gave him his answer and took the ticket. His answer pleased the Infinity Alchemist.

Very good, very good indeed. You'll need that determination and will to face what comes next my friend. Briggs will make you more powerful, but only if you survive long enough for it to do so. Oh well, now that I've given you my three grave warnings, I can relax and by more jovial on the ride there!

Xanthus got on board the train and looked around for a moment. 'Wow, there really aren't that many people going to North City nowadays huh? But then again, we are going for quite a special reason right?'

Sitting down next to Kyroru, Xanthus started to think of what he would have to say to Reila, and especially Houka, to get them to take on an apprentice of sorts.

Then again, it won't be difficult to convince those two. They're always looking for new talent at Briggs!

So saying, Xan relaxed in his seat and prepared to fall asleep. This was going to be a long train ride...

[Exit]
Xan
Xan
PENDING

-Case File-
Writer:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down