Modern Day Alchemists
WHY AREN'T YOU SIGNED IN!$#%@? -sends Aurel after you-

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Modern Day Alchemists
WHY AREN'T YOU SIGNED IN!$#%@? -sends Aurel after you-
Modern Day Alchemists
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» This is the end I fear
A Fateful Dinner (Briggs Brigade, Xanthus Icarus, Menoitos, Teimo and invite only) - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 19, 2022 4:18 pm by Reila Tsukino

» Best wishes
A Fateful Dinner (Briggs Brigade, Xanthus Icarus, Menoitos, Teimo and invite only) - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 17, 2020 12:08 pm by Reila Tsukino

» Simon Eris
A Fateful Dinner (Briggs Brigade, Xanthus Icarus, Menoitos, Teimo and invite only) - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 15, 2013 1:57 pm by ChaosAlchemist

» Pumpkin Spice
A Fateful Dinner (Briggs Brigade, Xanthus Icarus, Menoitos, Teimo and invite only) - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 06, 2013 4:13 pm by Rhea Stevenson

» BARBERSHOP BRUNCH, BRO'S.
A Fateful Dinner (Briggs Brigade, Xanthus Icarus, Menoitos, Teimo and invite only) - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 06, 2013 12:54 pm by Wolfgang Murinyo

» Training Private Daw (Open to Amestrian Militants Only)
A Fateful Dinner (Briggs Brigade, Xanthus Icarus, Menoitos, Teimo and invite only) - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 04, 2013 6:07 pm by Dawsic

» AKI'S NEW FORUM
A Fateful Dinner (Briggs Brigade, Xanthus Icarus, Menoitos, Teimo and invite only) - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 21, 2013 12:59 am by Silvac

» Baldursdóttir, Ymir [done]
A Fateful Dinner (Briggs Brigade, Xanthus Icarus, Menoitos, Teimo and invite only) - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 17, 2013 5:56 pm by Jay Furor

» Practice Makes PERFECTION
A Fateful Dinner (Briggs Brigade, Xanthus Icarus, Menoitos, Teimo and invite only) - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 14, 2013 11:19 am by Zayne O'Reilly

» Just a Checkup
A Fateful Dinner (Briggs Brigade, Xanthus Icarus, Menoitos, Teimo and invite only) - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 10, 2013 8:55 am by Crassus

Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 74 on Wed Sep 10, 2014 4:45 am
Join us on Facebook!

A Fateful Dinner (Briggs Brigade, Xanthus Icarus, Menoitos, Teimo and invite only)

3 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

A Fateful Dinner (Briggs Brigade, Xanthus Icarus, Menoitos, Teimo and invite only) - Page 2 Empty Re: A Fateful Dinner (Briggs Brigade, Xanthus Icarus, Menoitos, Teimo and invite only)

Post by Dai Fri Aug 27, 2010 3:29 am

He just couldn't take it anymore. There was nothing that he could say or do that'd make things better or worse. He, at this point, was worthless. He didn't know what to say, and he didn't know what to do. The aura that he felt in the room was serious, and everything was just turning to shit, and turning to shit fast. And he was just a pawn in this...

His gaze fell on Reila for a split second, before he looked away. He loved seeing her like this - this commanding presence seemed to prove that she was perfect for her job - and that was the condolence he needed. Truth be told, and at risk of sounding like he lived in a soppy movie, as long as she stayed like this, he couldn't care less if her feelings for him were returned...

He just wanted all this pain and anguish to be over.
Dai
Dai
PENDING

Back to top Go down

A Fateful Dinner (Briggs Brigade, Xanthus Icarus, Menoitos, Teimo and invite only) - Page 2 Empty Re: A Fateful Dinner (Briggs Brigade, Xanthus Icarus, Menoitos, Teimo and invite only)

Post by Guest Sat Aug 28, 2010 4:08 am

He couldn't take it anymore - he was just too happy. THERE WERE PEOPLE THAT WANTED TO RESIST FATHER! But he was going to attempt to keep it in, and the homunculus yawned, trying to keep his composure - and it worked. Menoitos smirked, and walked around the room, taking in the features of everybody within. They all seemed to be against Father - a small army. And with the resources that came with Briggs, they'd be able to hold a somewhat successful siege of Briggs. He smiled, before walking backto the woman in charge - Reila. He bowed slightly.

"I believe that is all? I'll ask you this now. May I stay with Briggs and accompany you on this mission? It's a personal matter - I want to atone for my sins. And this may help me with it. So do we have a deal? I'll even do this job for free. It's all to help." He smiled brightly, and turned away.

"I need some sleep - I'll expect an answer in the morning. Goodnight..." He was still lost around here - but he'd find somewhere to sleep, he didn't mind if it was cold...

[Topic LEFT - That's a wrap for Meno]

Back to top Go down

Post by Xan Mon Aug 30, 2010 12:05 am

Xanthus Icarus sat in his chair, barely moving except for to reach out and drink more water from his glass as he beheld the reactions of his soon to be comrades. And comrades they would be, for how could either Xan or the Briggs Brigade expect to eliminate Father unless they worked together? It would be madness to try unless they presented a united front against the evil that was Father.

The Ishvallan didn't even move when Dai threatened him with death by disintegration should he prove to be treacherous. If the situation had not been so grim, he would have challenged the other Ishvallan to a duel for such insolence, but for now, he was content to credit the threat to Dai's inevitably raging emotions.

Icarus drank the last of the water in his glass and set it down gently. He then sighed before reaching into pocket on his pants and pulling out a piece of paper. A small, folded up piece of paper with the letter F written on it. He opened it up and passed it to Houka.

That Houka, is a summary of what Father is, and what his powers are. In case you aren't in the mood for reading, I'll tell you that it says that he was the First Homunculus, created from the blood of Van Hoenhiem, who was the father of the Elric brothers. He created the Seven Homunculi to purge himself of all of his sins as a part of his effort to become a perfect being. His powers included, but may not have been limited to: Defying equivalent exchange, canceling alchemy, and the longevity which came with being a homunculus. His plan is to once again become a 'perfect being' by absorbing God into himself, or that is at least what I imagine. If he succeeds...well, let's just say that he won't succeed.

Xanthus stood up and began to walk out of the room. He had said quite enough for one night. But before he truly left, he turned around and said:

I hope that Briggs is ready for this...we make battle plans in the morning. Oh, and I brought a letter with me from Central that I only opened right before dinner. Apparently, I've been promoted. How ironic...

Then, Xanthus turned back around and walked out of the dining room, back to the comfort of his own room. He needed to get a lot of sleep for what he was going to have to do in the near future. Was he afraid? No. He was nervous yes, but not afraid. He was excited...very excited. He was finally getting to complete his goal of making the world a better place...and he was finally getting a chance to redeem himself in the eyes of one of the only people that he thought of as worthy of his loyalty.

[topic exit]
Xan
Xan
PENDING

-Case File-
Level: 4
Writer:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 30, 2010 3:09 pm

Houka took the proffered note and was about to read it when Xan told her the contents. It seemed that most if not all the rumours about Father were true. She flicked open the note so see if he had missed anything in his summary, but he apparently hadn't. How were they meant to battle Father's power? They needed an edge. Alkahestry was the one thing Father couldn't stop so perhaps that was the best way forward. Also, he would still have the other Homunculi so things would not be easy there either. It was going to be a tought battle and only certain people could know about it.

"There are six remaining homunculi, or so I'll assume, and then there is Father. That makes seven enemies all together all of them powerful adversaries." she said half to herself. "Reila, Xan, Meno, Dai, myself and maybe Mura if he recovers in time and Teimo as he seems to work with Xan. That makes seven versus seven at best, but possibly only five versus seven." She thought about this trying to think as a leader so she could help with the battle plans tommorow. "Our best bet would be to take out the six homunculi and then launch a full force attack on Father, that way we have the edge on numbers, problem being only Meno and maybe Xan know who the other homunculi are and what they look like.....so it will be difficult to take them down."

She sighed deeply. What had they got themeselves into? Then she shook her head. It didn't matter the odds they had to win for the sake of the greater good. It was enough with battles against Drachma, Creta and Aurego without dealing with internal conflict as well.

Back to top Go down

Post by Reila Tsukino Mon Aug 30, 2010 9:44 pm

"Seems he already decided the answer himself," Reila muttered under her breath at Menoitos' retreating back. She settled back into her chair with a heavy sigh. She just never got a break did she...? Xan was apparently talking to Houka about Father's history. She only listened slightly as he went on about him devouring god. As if that was in any way ethical. If there was a god, the world would be a lot different. Pathetic. She had to end his plan before it began...again.

Suddenly her cellphone began to ring from inside of her damp military uniform pocket. She reached into its confines and withdrew the device. Placing the piece of technology to her ear, she spoke. "Hai, Reila speaking..." After a brief pause, her expression turned to one of complete shock. The phone almost slipped from her fingers, but she managed to grab it with her other hand before it toppled to the floor. "Is this some kind of prank!?" She stood up again, her eyes wavering like gold trapped under the sea. She caught a glimpse of Xan as he left the dining hall. Briefly, her mind ingested the fact that no one was eating dinner tonight. Frowning, she shifted the phone, apologizing to the receiver. "I see. Thank you." She hung up and placed the phone lightly on the table in front of her.

The Major General turned to face the others, barely containing herself. Too much. It was too much in one day. "South City was just invaded..." She clamped her hands into fists and shut her eyes to calm herself. "Aerugo has waged war with the intention of claiming the land as their own..." More of these ridiculous wars over land! When would humans learn!? She looked down at her fists in anger. "Central forces are engaging them now. We may be needed...but..." She looked up at Houka and Dai, meeting them head on with her vicious gaze. "We shant be going." She walked from her spot over to the two of them. "With Central preoccupied with Aerugo, it is the perfect time to attack." Yes, they were no longer defending...this time they would be the ones to wage the war, only it would be against Father...

[Exit Topic]
Reila Tsukino
Reila Tsukino
PENDING

-Case File-
Level:
Writer:

Back to top Go down

Post by Dai Mon Aug 30, 2010 10:42 pm

His mind wasn't registering everything that went on. He had to take it all in, and it wasn't working. With a sigh, the red-head stood up to leave, but sat down again when Reila's phone rang. Maybe there was something that they had to hear... As soon as she'd explained, he knew it. Hell, it was something they had to hear...

"Aerugo invaded, and we're not going to go help... Wait a second." As soon as Reila came near, he smirked and nodded to her, before opening his mouth and speaking in Aerugese.

"I'll pick up the package. We might need it..." As soon as Reila left, and everybody had begun to disperse, Daigoro Ito walked out of the room, and made his way down to Reila's office, casually swiping a key as he went - she'd understand, he hoped. He made his way down to the snowmobiles, and started one up - moving off into the semi-darkness. He probably wouldn't be back until the next day...

[Topic LEFT]
Dai
Dai
PENDING

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 31, 2010 6:44 am

Houka stared at Reila. Of course, it was the perfect time to attack central, but if the South was taken by force then Aerugo would have a strong hold to strike everwhere and anywhere. Also, if they didn't respond then any who heard would think them traitors who did not care about the defense of their country. She sighed deeply. She couldn't countermand an order of Reila's though so it would just have to be this way. She wanted to stop Father, but wasn't sure if this was the right way. Things were going to be difficult no matter what they did now.

"Reila I hope you've thought this through." she said quietly sitting there now alone as she ate some food that had been brought to her. Soon afterwards she rose to her feet and walked out thinking over strategies to beat Father and his Homunculi based on the little intelligence they had of them. "I just hope we all survive."

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2