Modern Day Alchemists
WHY AREN'T YOU SIGNED IN!$#%@? -sends Aurel after you-

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Modern Day Alchemists
WHY AREN'T YOU SIGNED IN!$#%@? -sends Aurel after you-
Modern Day Alchemists
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» This is the end I fear
A Little Homesick(Kaari, Kimiri) EmptySat Mar 19, 2022 4:18 pm by Reila Tsukino

» Best wishes
A Little Homesick(Kaari, Kimiri) EmptyThu Sep 17, 2020 12:08 pm by Reila Tsukino

» Simon Eris
A Little Homesick(Kaari, Kimiri) EmptyFri Nov 15, 2013 1:57 pm by ChaosAlchemist

» Pumpkin Spice
A Little Homesick(Kaari, Kimiri) EmptyWed Nov 06, 2013 4:13 pm by Rhea Stevenson

» BARBERSHOP BRUNCH, BRO'S.
A Little Homesick(Kaari, Kimiri) EmptyWed Nov 06, 2013 12:54 pm by Wolfgang Murinyo

» Training Private Daw (Open to Amestrian Militants Only)
A Little Homesick(Kaari, Kimiri) EmptyMon Nov 04, 2013 6:07 pm by Dawsic

» AKI'S NEW FORUM
A Little Homesick(Kaari, Kimiri) EmptyMon Oct 21, 2013 12:59 am by Silvac

» Baldursdóttir, Ymir [done]
A Little Homesick(Kaari, Kimiri) EmptyThu Oct 17, 2013 5:56 pm by Jay Furor

» Practice Makes PERFECTION
A Little Homesick(Kaari, Kimiri) EmptyMon Oct 14, 2013 11:19 am by Zayne O'Reilly

» Just a Checkup
A Little Homesick(Kaari, Kimiri) EmptyThu Oct 10, 2013 8:55 am by Crassus

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 74 on Wed Sep 10, 2014 4:45 am
Join us on Facebook!

A Little Homesick(Kaari, Kimiri)

Go down

A Little Homesick(Kaari, Kimiri) Empty A Little Homesick(Kaari, Kimiri)

Post by Guest Sat Apr 24, 2010 8:47 pm

Kaari was asleep in her bed at home; in her and her twin sister's apartment.
It was a Saturday morning, and she got to sleep in after a long week at school. Yes, she was still going to school. She had to study for her sister's sake, for their long-awaiting goal.

The older twin opened up her eyes and sat up. She rubbed her eyes, instantly remembering the dream she had the previous night.
It was about Creta, and it was about both their childhood and their mother, Amethyst...
"Hey, Kirimi," She looked to her sister. "I had the weirdest dream last night. It...was about mum...and when we were kids. It was on our eighth birthday...and mummy baked us our cake, and we helped her bake it...a-and...K-Kirimi...I miss mum and our home in Creta..." Her eyes started to pour down tears, but she tried to prevent this. She wiped them away immediately, trying to stop them. The two had been there in Central for quite sometime, and yet...she still felt very homesick. She missed Creta, and obviously their mother...

Back to top Go down

A Little Homesick(Kaari, Kimiri) Empty Re: A Little Homesick(Kaari, Kimiri)

Post by Guest Sun Apr 25, 2010 8:51 am

A LITTLE BIT HOMESICK
A Little Homesick(Kaari, Kimiri) Th_kiri1 A Little Homesick(Kaari, Kimiri) Th_kiri1 A Little Homesick(Kaari, Kimiri) Th_kiri1
"You are my lady,
I am your servant,
Destiny divided pitiful twins,
If it's to protect you, I'll become evil for you"

Click. Click-click click. Click-click.

An annoyed sigh fell from the singer's lips as she moved, yet again, a few notes in the song she was constructing on her music program; fashioning it to the lyrics she had constructed a week ago. People seemed to like her song "Daughter of Evil" so she was constructing a song that played somewhat of a sequel to it, "Message of Regret". Of course, like all of her songs, it was in Auregese. That's why she was "Kawaii Kirimi" because she sang in Auregese, giving these Amestrians a little bit of a taste of an Eastern culture.

It was now about 10am in the morning and the blue-haired twin had been working all night on this program since she got home from her perfrmance at 10pm, so that made it 12 hours now. Though with that wave sound she just added at the beginning, she couldn't help but smile slightly (a rare occurrence when she's at home) at the result as she picked up her lyric sheet (she wrote the lyrics in romanji, as it was easier to read that way).

The small girl then tapped a few keys and adjusted her headphones slightly, yawning a bit, before the song began to play in her ears and she read the lyrics from her sheet as it went along, matching them to the tones in the song.

'Machi hazure no chiisana minato
Hitori tatazumu shoujo
Kono umi ni mukashi kara aru
Hisokana ii tsutae
"Negai wo kaita youhishi wo"
"Kobin ni irete"
"Umi ni nagaseba itsu no hika"
"Omoi wa minoru deshou"
Nagarete iku GARASU no kobin
Negai wo kometa MESSEEJI
Suiheisen no kanata ni
Shizuka ni kieteku
Kimi wa itsumo watashi no tame ni
Nandemo shite kureta no ni
Watashi wa itsumo wagamama bakari
Kimi wo komarase teta
Negai wo kanaete kureru kimi
Mou inai kara
Kono umi ni watashi no omoi
Todokete morau no
Nagarete iku chiisana negai
Namida to sukoshi no RIGURETTO
Tsumi ni kizuku no wa itsumo
Subete owatta ato
Negai wo kometa MESSEEJI
Suiheisen no kanata ni
Shizuka ni kieteku
Nagarete iku chiisana negai
Namida to sukoshi no RIGURETTO
"Moshimo umare kawareru naraba....."'

"I think it's done." She muttered under her breath in the same language before she put down the sheet and stood, cracking her back lightly and yawning again. Shaking her head and putting on a scowl, she picked up a small packet from beside her desk and pulled out a pill, downing it with the remained of the orange juice that sat there. 'Better... Now to wake Kaari up.'

With that in mind, the girl yawned again and manuevered her way into Kaari's room next door to her study, only to see her bolt up in what seemed to be panic. The girl expressed worry on her face as she ran around to the elder twin and gripped her shoulders. "Kaari?"

"Hey, Kirimi," Kaari looked to her sister. "I had the weirdest dream last night. It...was about mum...and when we were kids. It was on our eighth birthday...and mummy baked us our cake, and we helped her bake it...a-and...K-Kirimi...I miss mum and our home in Creta..." When she broke down, the only thing that could keep the small hothead from snapping at her for such ridiculous things was to naturally bring her twin into a comforting hug. She was wearing her purple moo-moo at the time, as well.

"Calm down Kaari," She said in a harsh tone, though it had some compassion in it, "You remember why we are here, right? We're here to bring her back, so calm down." Kirimi then pulled back and put on a wide grin, putting her mask in place for the day, "Besides it's the weekend and last night's gig got me enough money to treat us to a night out on the town, so what d'ya say?"

_WORD COUNT_658 (RECORD!)
_TAGGED_Kaari
_COMMENTS_Kirimi's cold-hearted for obvious reasons XD The closest to her true personality Kaari's seen was at the funeral, or on occasion when she's stayed up to long and loses grip on her emotions. Tehe. Also the twins talk Cretarian or Auregese when together XD

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 25, 2010 11:27 am

Kaari, in her sister's arms now, did remember the reason why they were in Amestris in the first place.
They needed to study more, so later on they could perform and perfect Human Transmutation to bring their mother back to them.
She smiled warmly to her younger twin. Kirimi usually acted like the older one. Kaari thought that Kiri should've been born first! After all, all she thinks she can do is just sit around and cry, while her sister is stronger, and can hold in emotions much more, and is in more control.
Kaari's happy she has a sister like Kirimi, otherwise, she'd break down, and no one would be there to comfort her or save her from more despair...

She knew she was useless at this moment, because she was crying, and she couldn't do anything more than that.
This was another time where she wished she could perform alchemy. Maybe she would be as strong as her sister, and she would also be able to help her perform the transmutation when the time came as well.
All she could do for that was just study hard, and promise Kiri that she would work harder to get them up to their goal.

She nodded slowly to her sister, wiping away the last of her tears.

"Yeah...that sounds about right. Thanks, Kiri...oh, yeah, and I've also been getting good tips at the pub, too. We're doing great so far, huh, Kirimi? We're so close..." And yet so far... Kaari laid her head on her twin's shoulder, happily calm again.

Something popped into the sixteen year olds head. Her brown eyes looked up to Kirimi's blue hair and eyes, and her heart-shapped face. Last night, she also dreamt of Kirimi singing. It wouldn't be a surprise if she was actually singing the night before, as well.

"Kiri, I also heard you singing last night.
Hitori tatazumu shoujo
Hisokana ii tsutae
"Kobin ni irete"...
" Sweet sound poured from Kaari's mouth as she mimicked Kirimi's song, almost perfectly. Kaari thought it sounded sketchy, she thought her voice sounded horrible, when she was actually quite good.
"Was it something like that?"

((Kaari's voice sounds like a mix between Hanon Hosho and Luchia Nanami from Mermaid Melody.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pBEUsA3F2Qg&feature=related
Although, she sounds a little more like Luchia.))

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 25, 2010 2:33 pm

A LITTLE BIT HOMESICK
A Little Homesick(Kaari, Kimiri) Th_kiri1 A Little Homesick(Kaari, Kimiri) Th_kiri1 A Little Homesick(Kaari, Kimiri) Th_kiri1
"You are my lady,
I am your servant,

"Yeah...that sounds about right. Thanks, Kiri...oh, yeah, and I've also been getting good tips at the pub, too. We're doing great so far, huh, Kirimi? We're so close..." Kaari said with what looked like a smile from the blue-haired girl's angle, but she didn't dare move, because she already was aware she was slipping a bit on her mask, since she never got any rest after the gig last night.

Kaari then laid her head on Kirimi's shoulder affectionately while Kiri stiffened just a smidgen from the contact, before laying her own head on Kaari's shoulder, but doing nothing more in order to re-embrace the girl of whom was her twin sibling, apparently older by 5 minutes. Of course, when in public, Kirimi's mask makes her obviously younger, but her true personality makes her seem years older than her or Kaari's time.

"Kiri, I also heard you singing last night.

Hitori tatazumu shoujo
Hisokana ii tsutae
"Kobin ni irete"

..." Sweet sound poured from Kaari's mouth as she mimicked Kirimi's song, almost perfectly. Kirimi's eyes widened ever so slightly at the lyrics that fell from the girl's mouth, as they were the ones she'd just written but... she never sung out loud all night. Maybe it was that twin sense thing or something, or maybe her crap memory just forgot she did sing it, either way... "Was it something like that?"

"..." She furrowed her brows before nodding, despite her inability to remember if she sung aloud or not, "Yes... it's my new song, Message of Regret. It follows Daughter of Evil in the story about two twins, one servant to the other. In Servant of Evil, the brother dies and in Message of Regret it's about the sister wishing it could all be redone." She finally explained before pulling back and smiling at her kindly, stroking the girl's cheek lightly before picking up a pair of rectangle-frame glasses from the bedside table and putting them over Kaari's brown orbs, "There."

The girl then kissed her sister on the forehead before standing up and offering a hand with a wide grin on her face, "Now what do you want for breakfast? You're cooking, of course (don't get me started on the last time you let me cook)"

_WORD COUNT_392
_TAGGED_Kaari
_COMMENTS_She's a god-awful cook, believe me!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 25, 2010 3:07 pm

Kaari smiled at her twin again, standing up and getting off of her bed. She was cooking again.
Now that Kaari thought about it, maybe Kirimi hadn't sung last night...but somehow she knew the tune, and the lyrics.
Maybe the girl's were connected in someway, or somehow, for Kaari to hear it.

She wasn't sure what to make for breakfast, so she just took out a few eggs, and some bacon out of the fridge, and started cooking. She didn't think she was a good cook, but other people dissagree.

"Kiri, is bacon and eggs alright? I'm not very creative when it comes to food..." Kaari called out from the kitchen, as she was continuing to cook. She had a white apron on as she was cooking.

""Umi ni nagaseba itsu no hika"
"Omoi wa minoru deshou"
Negai wo kometa MESSEEJI
Suiheisen no kanata ni
Shizuka ni kieteku..."
Kaari continued to hum and sing Message of Regret as she cooked. She had the song stuck in her head, she was addicted, she had to admit!
Kirimi probably was listening to her, although she didn't know this. She just hummed the song away while cooking. She tended to do this a lot, especially when she couldn't get a song out of her head.
She still disliked her voice, but other people would dissagree with her just like her cooking. She had a decent and pretty voice, but she still didn't think so. You would wonder what you would have to do to convince her that she did instead of putting herself down all the time...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 26, 2010 3:43 am

A LITTLE BIT HOMESICK
"You are my lady,
I am your servant,

"You really think I care what you cook? It's all good (cook fish and you die though)" She said with a light voice and a grin as she yawned slightly and went to make coffee (something she actually could do).

""Umi ni nagaseba itsu no hika"
"Omoi wa minoru deshou"
Negai wo kometa MESSEEJI
Suiheisen no kanata ni
Shizuka ni kieteku..."
She heard her sister slowly sing melodically as the blue-haired singer moved her attention to the girl briefly as the jug heated up (she had instant coffee). The girl's large blue eyes blinked, before she chuckled to herself and shook her head with a smile. 'And she thinks she can't sing...'

"You're a good singer Kaari-" Kiri began before the 'bing!' of the boiled jug sounded and she began to fix up her instant coffee, "-so maybe you should stop hiding it. I heard there's a school talent show coming up next week, maybe you should sing my song in it." The girl then beamed a grin as she sipped her coffee, before extending her free hand out to her side, "You could say 'This is Message of Regret by the more awesome girl in the world, Kawaii Kirimi!' or something."
She pulled the arm back to her cup before sipping it and making an 'ah' sound.

"Mhmm, that hit the spot."

_WORD COUNT_233
_TAGGED_Kaari
_COMMENTS_Tehe

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:19 pm

Kaari stopped for a moment hearing Kiri's words.
There was no way she could enter the talent show at her school! She wasn't good enough for that...was she? She already had enough stress with her work...it was another thing she would have to worry about! But, then again, she already knew the song by heart, so the lyrics wouldn't be a problem. It was her stage fright that would be a problem for her.

"Hehehe...that's not true, Kiri. I don't think I could." I know I can't... Kaari sighed in her thoughts. That wasn't the first compliment she got for her voice. Her friends at school always said she was a fantastic singer, although she never believed it herself.
Maybe after the talent show, it would finally register in her thick skull that she was good.
"Well...maybe I could. You know, actually, I'll give it a try."
She smiled at her twin, as she started to finish up cooking breakfast. She took out two plates and set them on the table before taking the pan she was working with and laying the food onto the plates.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 27, 2010 6:18 am

A LITTLE BIT HOMESICK
"You are my lady,
I am your servant,

Kirimi let out a light sigh at her sister's next two conflicting comments before grinning widely and running a hand through her choppy blue hair with a wide smirk.

"Then maybe my majesty can join you on stage to sing it?" She offered with a wide grin as she finally downed the rest of her coffee.

Kirimi silently missed the school life though, despite her common saying of "I'm glad I'm free of that place" ETC. She missed the easy life of simply doing some lame work in class for a stuck-up bitch of a teacher and helping the boys pull pranks. She missed the courtyard love affairs and the typical... simplicity of school life. Life as the family provider was tough, especially as a budding singer and alchemist. She was actually planning on getting a job with the military when she refined her alchemic skills enough, in order for them to accept her as a State Alchemist.

Sure, her snap-cannon skill is not completely unheard of, but it'd be useful for the military and the money they'd get paid might get the two out of this dingy apartment and into a decent home. Maybe even get Kaari a better education too, since it's too late now for Kirimi herself. Yeah... plus they'd have a better range of alchemic information in order for the twins to use, so they could get closer to bringing back their mother.

'No... it'll be just me. I'm going to be the only one to bring mother back... I'll do it while Kaari's in school or something.' She thought with an internal look of indifference, while her outer appearance was a beaming girl silently holding their world on her shoulders.

_WORD COUNT_286
_TAGGED_Kaari
_COMMENTS_Boom-boom-boooooooooooooooom...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 27, 2010 6:58 pm

Kaari took off her apron, hung it up, and sat down to start eating. She had just finished cooking--and it actually smelled fantastic.

"Absolutely. I wouldn't mind at all. Actually...I would need you for a certain part," She stated after she swollowed part of the omlette she made for herself.
"I was thinking of performing Servant of Evil, though...I would play the brother servant, and you'd be my princess sister. And then, you know the whole story for that..." She quickly switched languages, while looking down at her plate. She gently dropped her silverware and thought for a moment.
She sometimes felt like the brother in Servant of Evil; and she always thought of Kirimi as the princess.
That also brought her thoughts back to the transmutation somehow. How would she take part in it other than the research of helping? She couldn't perform alchemy--so she couldn't do the transmutation, and that's a big part in itself, isn't it?
She still wished she could be more of use. Seemingly happy, she picked up the fork and knife again and continued to eat, trying to act as if nothing was wrong.
She never wanted to worry her beloved princess...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 05, 2010 6:38 am

A LITTLE BIT HOMESICK
"You are my lady,
I am your servant,

"Absolutely. I wouldn't mind at all. Actually...I would need you for a certain part," Her sister stated after she swollowed part of the omlette she'd made for herself. "I was thinking of performing Servant of Evil, though...I would play the brother servant, and you'd be my princess sister. And then, you know the whole story for that..." Kirimi chuckled.

"So you think of me as a stuck-up queen then? How insulting." He said in an upity-sarcastic tone with a grin as she took a bite of her food and grinned a wide, Kirimi-esq grin (one only Kirimis could pull off), "Ne, good as usual, hehe. Alright, I'll do it with you, I don't mind. The more fame for me, the money for the both of us, though I'm thinking of dropping the singing stuff when I become a State Alchemist."
Kirimi then took another few bites of her food and gave her sister that wide grin again.

_WORD COUNT_159
_TAGGED_Kaari
_COMMENTS_Sorry about the short post *shot*

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down