Modern Day Alchemists
WHY AREN'T YOU SIGNED IN!$#%@? -sends Aurel after you-

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Modern Day Alchemists
WHY AREN'T YOU SIGNED IN!$#%@? -sends Aurel after you-
Modern Day Alchemists
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» This is the end I fear
The Bad House EmptySat Mar 19, 2022 4:18 pm by Reila Tsukino

» Best wishes
The Bad House EmptyThu Sep 17, 2020 12:08 pm by Reila Tsukino

» Simon Eris
The Bad House EmptyFri Nov 15, 2013 1:57 pm by ChaosAlchemist

» Pumpkin Spice
The Bad House EmptyWed Nov 06, 2013 4:13 pm by Rhea Stevenson

» BARBERSHOP BRUNCH, BRO'S.
The Bad House EmptyWed Nov 06, 2013 12:54 pm by Wolfgang Murinyo

» Training Private Daw (Open to Amestrian Militants Only)
The Bad House EmptyMon Nov 04, 2013 6:07 pm by Dawsic

» AKI'S NEW FORUM
The Bad House EmptyMon Oct 21, 2013 12:59 am by Silvac

» Baldursdóttir, Ymir [done]
The Bad House EmptyThu Oct 17, 2013 5:56 pm by Jay Furor

» Practice Makes PERFECTION
The Bad House EmptyMon Oct 14, 2013 11:19 am by Zayne O'Reilly

» Just a Checkup
The Bad House EmptyThu Oct 10, 2013 8:55 am by Crassus

Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 74 on Wed Sep 10, 2014 4:45 am
Join us on Facebook!

The Bad House

Go down

The Bad House Empty The Bad House

Post by Guest Mon Mar 28, 2011 11:47 pm

((Hope nobody minds me NPCing a character I plan to create once I have enough points.))

Much of Kanama was exactly as he remembered it, stinky, foul, and rife with all sorts of obscenities. Whores were plentiful, and offered exquisite services no doubt. Dealers came in thick numbers and were noticeably on every street corner—every awkwardly out of place guy beneath a busted street lamp, every curiously casual guy leaning against a broken-down vehicle, and every child under the age of fifteen. They were all pushing their street-side pharmaceuticals on every block. Ever knew. He used to be one of them before moving onto bigger and better venues. The unusual pair of Jay Furor and Ever Goodnight walked along in relative silence, one looking as if she belonged here and the other seemingly cut from the cloth of children's fairy tales and simply tossed to the proverbial dogs. Nonetheless, the two were resolved to straying into the abscess ghetto willingly. It wasn't until they'd been walking for almost half an hour that the Good Doctor finally parted his slender lips and spoke. "Been here before, Ms. Furor?"

"It's been a long time, Kanama. You were like a second home to me once things turned sour, when I lost everything I held dear..."

"Welcome to Kanama." he announced, forgoing his usual grandiose gestures for a simple lazy flip of his index finger. This place was hardly worth the introduction, even if you liked it there. No sooner than he spoke, the high ring of shattering glass sang out across the narrow street they were on. A large man came barreling out from inside a nearby building and skidded to an unceremonious thud just beside Jay. He offered only the faintest grunt before succumbing to the tow of unconsciousness. Ever said nothing at all to the odd exchange, however. He merely stepped over the ailing brute with the ease of a child avoiding his pet's tail. Ironically, the very same building was the one Ever chose to stop in front of, sweeping his hand toward the wooden door sign that read 'Bad House' in very plain and somewhat faded black font.

"When my life as I knew it ended, and the curtain came crashing down...this place was my last and final bastion, a filthy huddle of blackened souls clinging to whatever scraps would fall free from the tablecloth. Before I'd realized, this Hell had become my personal Nirvana. Despite clearly still loathing it in its entirety…"

Without further ado, Ever slipped the door open and held it for Jay behind him. Always the gentleman, he seemed to slip into a much more casual hue here. He slipped off his overcoat and undid his cravat before unbuttoning the first three buttons of his shirt to let it fall partially open. And his top hat came into his hand immediately upon entering any building, allowing his somewhat messy black hair to spill into his eyes, occasionally having to be brushed back whenever too unruly. At first, a few glares were tossed their way by an unscrupulous few, particularly a mohawked man near the bar and the bartender herself, in fact. But the evil stares filtered away once they took a few more steps toward the bar, primarily because a few of them recognized the two. Others merely didn't want any trouble with a woman who clearly looked as though she could have cleaned their clocks and some high-and-mighty noble who – for all they knew – likely had a gun stashed somewhere on his person. Ever hated guns, however.

"But it's like fine wine, n'est-ce pas? It gets better with age, and increasingly harder not to become intoxicated with..."

The common assortment of ruffians could be found here. You had your tattooed, bald-guy near the back of the room. He was a huge bastard, covered in ink until his pasty white skin barely showed. But for all his artistic flair, there wasn't even an ounce of truth to the supposed alchemic array he wore on each shoulder. Even without real knowledge of the trade, one could clearly see that the abstract symbols did absolutely nothing. It was likely that he boasted that he was an alchemist to scare off his foes. Ever made a mental note: Bald dumb fucker. There was also the mohawk. Just one look at the skinny idiot spoke volumes in bad breath. He was thinner than Jay, taller, but carried enough knives strapped across his bare chest to take down a bear with even the worst aim. He must have been decent with ranged projectiles, which earned him a slightly more respectful title: Knife-tossing Retard. At the back of the room was a pair of twin siblings, one male and the other female. It would have been impossible to tell them apart of not for their choice of hairstyle, as one wore long hair down to the waist and the other did not. But despite wearing male clothing consisting of ripped jeans and a loose black t-shirt, the one with short hair was the feminine of the two while the long-haired one in the black dress was her brother. Ever only realized this because of the uncharacteristic bulge in the "woman's" crotch. Twincest Nasty-nasty.

"You get used to all sorts of types, all sorts of situations. Even someone who was once in line to a throne could become little less than a stepping stone for riff-raff when reduced to their level. In the end, it's always a survival of the fittest and those without fangs and claws, or those lacking the will to use them...die."

"Holy Piss." The voice was heavy and gruff, but overall jovial in tone. Glancing toward the bar and behind the Knife-tossing Retard, there was a powerfully built man, still in his military uniform and clearly out of place here. Nonetheless, he fit the place like a well-placed picture-frame hanging from the wall and complicated the grungy Feng Shui to the letter. He was dark-skinned, red-eyed, and blond; Isvallan. He leaned back in his seat, kicked his dirty boots onto the liquor counter, and sipped his glass of what smelled like paint thinner with ice. "If it ain't Dr. Feel-Good in the flesh."

"Goodnight," Ever corrected. The soldier shrugged. "Whatever, Chief. Damn, it's good to see you ain't forgotten about this here joint. Maria's missed you." He said all this with a loud guffaw at the end, one that made him look like a clean-shaven bear if he had a few more pounds of brawn stacked on instead of lean muscle. He pitched his thumb of his shoulder, gesturing at the raven-haired woman sliding everyone their drinks. Once their eyes met, Maria – the owner – pursed her black-painted lips together and turned her brown eyes elsewhere with a grunt. Ever greeted her with a smile and a courteous bow of his head. Maria flipped him the finger, betraying her beautiful looks with a scowl and a vastly unladylike gesture. "…charming. So, 'Wild Man of Borneo'…how are things in my absence? I take it you're still presiding champion, no?" Ever's voice took on a somewhat new characteristic for those who didn't already know him well enough. It was a bit crass, lacking the honorifics he reserved for his job back in central, and almost rude. Almost. He tilted his head toward the center-piece of the establishment, a caged boxing ring with barbed chain-link running all the way to the ceiling. In it, the visible stains of blood could still be seen despite numerous cleanings. Illegal pit fighting was held here, it seemed.

"I don't want to die. Not until I've finished my task. Not until I've had my vengeance. So I grew fangs from soft newborn gums, I shed my human fingers for the sharpest talons imaginable…and I became a wild beast that kills..."

"Damn, skippy. I ain't got much competition round these parts." Borneo smirked at the notion. Of course he was the current champion of the Bad House circuit. He had been ever since the previous champ stepped down and retired, leaving the spot up for grabs. From there, it'd been easy pickings for 'Borneo' to swipe up without any contest. But there was always a salty taste to being the champ, and the Isvallan always heard the tales of his predecessor—a skinny, unassuming man with the eyes of a demon and Xingese martial arts mastery the likes of which Kanama had never seen. Word had it that he had killed most of his competitors needlessly, and accidentally, fighting on impulse alone. Rumors also said that his fear of death was so great, that he lashed out furiously like a ravenous beast, eager to kill before death could catch upon his heels. There were many legends about the man who held the title of champion for over three consecutive years before simply retiring without a word and vanishing from Kanama scarcely over a month ago. He was known only by his name in the ring: 'Lord Taipan' – The world's most venomous snake.

"Hahaha...I suppose I was a little more…'theatrical' back in those days…"

The blond soldier inched closer to where Ever pulled out Jay's chair for her at the nearby table. Despite his lapse into casual demeanor, he had still invited her out and was still responsible for all due courtesies. He would soon have a seat beside her, to which Borneo moved from his spot and curtly plopped down in the seat between them, to the Doctor's left side. "Who's this? Damn, Evvy, you're pickin' 'em younger and younger these days, ain'tcha?" He stroked his bald chin for a second, glancing at the doctor – who seemed to be getting more and more annoyed – then back to Jay. "Can't say I blame you, though. You gotta cute face, missy. It'd look better with your forehead pressed 'gainst my abs, though. Get what I'm sayin'?" Borneo said with a sly wink. Anyone could tell he'd had a few drinks and honestly meant no harm; it was probably why Ever somehow managed to keep calm, despite an otherworldly sort of glint growing in his eyes. Somewhere hidden, removed from public view, was a vindictive rage fueled on by every single word this unruly soldier was saying. But in the blink of an eye, the doctor quenched the flames and moved on.

"People like him are easy to kill. They keep their guard down because they imagine themselves invincible due to their size. Tearing into tough flesh needlessly would only dull my fangs...and with such a tender morsel in my sight…why would I even bother?"

Ever seemed to linger on Jay, as though gauging a proper respond to Borneo while attempting to keep his gentlemanly guise just a little bit longer. "Just ignore him, my dear. Borneo here tends to enjoy his drink a little bit much, and does not know when he's being a nuisance. And despite his annoyance, he's a dear friend of mine."

"That's a truer statement than either of them realize. I've known this man for years. He doesn't recognize me, however. How could he? I've changed so much."

Ever reached across the table and softly touched Jay's fingertips, wondering if her mechanics included any sort of enhanced sensitivity to pressure or the like. "This place has wonderful steaks. I remember you mentioning tha—" Before he could even finish his statement, Borneo placed his hand atop both of theirs and slurred in an almost unintelligibly mocking voice: "…'Dis playsh haz wonderfulsh steags'. Jesus, chief. If you wanna give her your pork n' beans, just say so. Quit using cheap pick up lines!" It was at that point that the place grew deathly silent, primarily because Maria the Bartender stepped behind the counter and ducked down for cover, wisely enough. She knew the history between the two; it always came up whenever Goodnight happened to drift back in through the door like some vagrant breeze. Somehow, Borneo was always here to intercept it with a somewhat drunken smile. He was wearing it right now, in fact, as Ever Goodnight gave the man the most sincere death-glare anyone may have ever seen.

"Borneo. You're really grating on my last nerve."

Borneo's grin widened.

"Then get back into the ring and let me rightfully WIN my title, Lord Taipan."

"Even after all this time, you still haven't changed, have you…Aaron?"

Back to top Go down

The Bad House Empty Re: The Bad House

Post by Jay Furor Tue Mar 29, 2011 11:05 pm

(~(xD I don't mind. But, I think that since you're adding a third person, why not let the good Doctor meet the man behind the girl? xD here's his 4th cameo of V2)~)

Jay and Ever walked for a while until Jay realized where they were. They were in her hometown, the best place in the world for street crime. but as terrible and unruly a place can be, Jay loved every bit of it. From the crack heads to the crack dealers, down to the people that wish they could afford crack, Jay loved everything about the place. She took a deep breath and savored the aroma of the filth on the streets. the slums were the least pleasant place in Amestris, but to hr, they were better than the finest parts of Central. She grown up here, hunted in the woods, begged on the streets. She knew just about every place and person. If it ever occured to her the need, she could contact some people here and get money or a gang to back her up in a tight spot. She was only at home here. Speaking of home, they passed by her own home when it struck her. This was the first time since she'd come back from Frostdeath that she'd even been in Kanama. She had a lot of catching up to do. She barely noticed Ever's question, she was in such a fever over being back home. "Hmm? Oh! Yes, of course... I grew up here. Heh, I guess you could even say that the street urchins out here are a second family to me. Kanama's the brightest star in the night sky of Amestris, my mother always said. It doesn't have a good crime rate, and a rich person is code for a cadaver, but it has a sort of appeal, doesn't it?"

Jay went on smiling pleasantly as she walked. Suddenly, when a man rammed almost into her, she turned to look. "Ah, Charles... What are we gonna do with you?" She sighed as she stepped past him. He was one of many who had stolen money for jay when she was 9... A year after she was an orphan. She had her Uncle then, of course, but even with Uncle Johan, life was all wrong, all screwed up... She noticed another familiar sight from her childhood years. One that brightened her eyes. "The Bad House! Man, I used to go here every week with my dad when we had the cash. Still come every now and then. But man, I need plenty of cash... Heavy drinker, heh." She grinned devillishly as they entered.

Jay beamed at the people in the bar, shouting greetings to those she knew. Some glared at her, most glared at Ever. But a lot smiled back at Jay. She knew the town. She grinned especially wide at the bartender, who she went over to give a friendly hug, a rarity for the woman. "how you doing these days? hey, can you spot me a gin and vodka?" Jay pulled out a couple cenz and paid for the drink as she took her seat with Ever. Jay though, for all her friendliness with the patrons at the bar, set her Desert Eagle on the table. It was a warning for those that didn't know her: Stay back, or I might take away your ability of reproduction. It always went unsaid, but she never had to practice it anyways, because people, even drunk, aren't totally braindead.

Jay noticed the newcomer, a man she had never met. Her eyes watched him warily, her hand on her her katana hilt, until she saw that Ever knew him. She released the blade, allowing it to gently sink back into it's sheath. She greeted him respectfully, though with her ever-present street dialect, the one that told the world she was from the most backwater place on the planet. She took a long drink from her mug and grinned almost with a cocky air at him. "How yah doing? Jay Furor. Ever's friend, I see. Nice meeting you." As always, not the slightest bit ladylike. Ah well, that's Jay.

As the man neared, however, Jay's mouth dropped in shock. Then it rose in a grin. "Lord taipan? Man, I hardly recognized you. I still got a scar from the only time I tried to take you on in a fight. Good times... You almost broke my neck, though. If it weren't for my good arm, I'd be dead now." Jay was surprised. She hadn't really expected to see him here, after the rumors that he'd gone away somewhere. But she was also in awe. This was a man who she respected deeply and her dead comrade, Jesse-James Steele, the legendary Martial Artist Of The Eight, feared. Here he was in the flesh, out of the ring.

At Borneo's comment about Jay, she cracked up laughing, almost hysterically, in a sort of 'Only In The Movies' flair to it. "Yeah, I bet you would, if you could put it there." She took a big swallow from her own drink, before she spoke again. "Hey Ever, how you know this guy anyways?" With a grin she asked, "You ever fought him? Hey Maria, can I get another gin-vodka? Merci, Madamammiselle`" Jay smiled pleasantly, but then, she stopped. Another familiar sound. the Cockney accent of a 2 foot tall wonder. "Oi, maria, can I get me a Deathjuice Tequilla? Thank yah very much." The small child beamed at Jay. "Hey, Lil' Jay-Jay! Las time I seen you, you was over in Optain with that girl of yours, Lexi or what her name was. Ow yah been?"

He stopped and smiled a wide grin to the two men near Jay. "Ow yah doing, mates. Darkamaru Invidia the Fifth, atyer service." He extended his hadn for them to shake, but apparently they were preoccupied. Then Borneo challenged Ever to a fight. Things were about to heat up...
Jay Furor
Jay Furor
MDA'S MASCOT

-Case File-
Level:
Writer: Jay

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 30, 2011 1:32 am

Maria had embraced Jay with the sort of hug sisters often met each other with after long periods of separation. Maria Lockhardt wasn't necessarily the most kind-hearted of women, and considering she and Jay were roughly the same age, it was probable that Furor was one of the few friends Maria dared to let close to her. Close enough without taking out the switchblade she kept beneath her garter strap and lodging it into the poor girl's left lung. That's how Maria usually greeted her friends. But once the conversation warmed up at the table, Maria kept a firm watch on the trio, Jay's Desert Eagle, and kept her grip even firmer around the pump-action shotgun most people never saw behind the bar. Around these parts, her other name had gained her somewhat of a fan-following in Kanama – "Shotgun Mary." And considering the two mean near their boiling point were regarded as the best of the best prize-fighters in Kanama, the woman figured that her establishment would soon live up to its name if things were to get any hotter. Though The Wild Man of Borneo was known to slip into a drunken tirade or two, Lord Taipan's temper was overly renown as somewhat of a natural disaster walking around town in an expensive suit and lovely cologne. It was like an elegant volcano just waiting to erupt. And right now, Borneo was tempting it with a can of gasoline and a lit match.

"I swore I'd never fight again. Xingese martial arts are for spiritual enlightenment, for healing, and protecting what lies dear to one's heart. I swore never again to let my demons claim me, to control me like that. It's what she would have wanted of me."

"What'samatter, Goody? Chicken? I can see your little twiggy shoulders trembling. Don't wanna get into the ring with a big man like me, do ya?!" True enough, Goodnight's shoulders were trembling something awful, and his nails were beginning to dig through his elegant white gloves and were carving thick runnels into the wood of the table. But in place of a scowl or grimace, the man was clearly smiling a thick and malicious grin. Something was wrong here. Ever hadn't even responded to any of the man's threats, which made the place grow all the more silent with anticipation. You had the previous Bad House Champion whose legend preceded him, and the current one – a Isvallan soldier who looked like he could head-butt an anvil and crack it clean in half, still coming out as clean as spring laundry. Maria sighed, shaking her head as she hoisted her heavy-looking shotgun onto one shoulder and made her way to the table. "Look, if you two bozos mess up my place, I'm gonna meat-tenderize the both of ya with some good ol' fashioned twelve-gauge foreplay. Ya dig? Go have your pissing contest outside." the Matron snapped, barking in her husky deep voice that just about everyone in Kanama recognized.

Ever didn't budge. Borneo rushed his hand through his dyed-blonde locks, trying not to sound too superior, as he clearly had the upper hand…or so he figured, anyhow. "Don't even sweat it, Maria. This guy's a washed-up has-been when it comes to fighting. He gave up without even a title match. Hear he runs a little rinky-dink clinic in Central for the aristocrats. Guess he's too good for us urchins these da—" He didn't get to finish the rest of his sentence, as he shot back out of his chair and snapped into an offensive boxing stance the second Ever's eyes finally peeked through his messy black bangs. The tension grew so think, Jay's Katana was likely the only think capable of cutting through. Finally, the doctor's unusually shaky voice filtered through. "Maria, two steaks if you please. Cook them however you like, medium, rare…I don't really give a damn. Just put some food on this table to distract me from killing this idiot…please." The woman acquiesced with a slow nod, keeping her shotgun handy, just in case. From the tone of his voice, and the fact that he'd dropped all formalities altogether – sounding like a venomous cobra with how his voice began to hiss with every syllable – it was obvious he meant every word. By the time Darkamaru made himself known to the odd trio, Maria was almost pleased to take his order and get the hell away from this nuclear meltdown about to happen in her bar. "Notta problem, darlin'. Just be sure to have your ID ready. We card underage drinkers around these parts, ya know." Of course she was only teasing the pint-sized wonder, as she knew him moderately well enough. Besides, even if he was underage, it wasn't as if such things mattered in Kanama. If you had the cash, you had the access to whatever the hell your wicked little heart dared desire.

"But it's difficult. You never truly tame a beast this big…"

Ever was quick to lurch forward, grasping Darkamaru's hand in a firm, almost cemented handshake. Despite his slender frame, the Doctor's grip was undeniably solid, almost too strong for a man his build. Of course, anger tended to do that to a man, despite how eerily the Ever's smile seemed to persist. He hadn't stopped grinning in fact, which made him all the more creepier at this point. "…a pleasure to meet you, fine sir." It was clear that Dr. Goodnight was attempting to retain his regal bearing, despite the fact that Borneo had shattered it all to pieces by now. "Ms. Furor's told me a lot about you. You do exquisite work, you know. From one medical field to another, please allow me to give you due praise, oui?" Though sincere, Ever's grip tightened while furious, to the point he had to literally force himself to release Darkamaru's hand or risk offending the lad with a violently forceful handshake.

"How 'bout you fondle his stones while you're at it? Looks like you're not getting laid by the lesb—" And that was it. There was only the unsettling quiet of the room, like the unearthly dim when something horrible finally happened in an otherwise mundane setting. Like the hush just before a car crash, or the untimely delay the second a fight broke out amongst friends—or the quiet just before a hurricane finally let loose and wrecked havoc. Most didn't even see it happen, and Ever's movements were so swift that they scarcely made a sound. But in the time it took to finish Borneo's sentence, both men were standing on their feet without their chairs having made a sound when pushed back. Borneo wasn't on his feet by choice; Ever had Jay's Desert Eagle cocked, the safety off, and buried painfully against the Isvallan's skull so hard, it probably left a dent. But on the other hand, Borneo had somehow grabbed the woman's katana in the chaos and had the blade just inches from the Good Doctor's jugular.

"…especially when I don't really want to be tamed."

"Give me one goddamn reason why I'm not pulling this trigger. Red's a lovely color, y'know, and wallpapering this place with the inside of your skull would do this place some cosmetic justice." Ever seethed, stepping closer, pushing Borneo from the table to the bar. The soldier attempted to save face, digging the stolen katana into the Doctor's neck, carving out a smooth trench of blood. But the man scarcely reacted to the gush of warm red spilling from the wound. "Oh, smooth move, dipshit. Test out the giant fucking steak-knife on the guy holding a hand-cannon to your eye-socket. You're a goddamn genius, Borneo. But here's the kicker. I'm not too good with guns, y'see? But from this distance, I'm WHOLLY-fucking-sure I can put a .357 Magnum slug through the back of your skull before bleeding to death all over Maria's lovely floor." He shoved the gun closer, almost bending Borneo over the counter-top backwards, forcing the man to lower the blade or risk an 'accidental' misfire. Ever's eyes narrowed down the pistol's sights, golden and lifeless; dead as the Grim Reaper's. They were the eyes of a man who'd taken his fair share of human lives. "Go ahead, asshole. Fuck with me. I'm begging you to…cause I'm REALLY fucking hungry and I'm starting to think I just need'ta eat YOU to fill my stomach right about now. So whaddya say? Wanna be my lunch, Borneo? I used to LOVE eating up small fries like you for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and as a midnight snack..."

Borneo's silence spoke for itself. He wasn't terrified of the doctor's display, but he surely didn't feel like losing his life right now, either. "Chief, it was just a little joke. Calm down, okay? Easy, easy…let's not turn this place into a bloodbath. 'Kay?"

"…but once again, the timing is not right."

Ever's chaotic smile melted away into a look of grim severity. "However inebriated you may be, sir, I will NOT have you insulting my dear guest based on gender, age, ethnicity, or sexual preference. As I recall, such things are clearly outlined in Article 88.6 – J of your military guidelines regarding harassment." He quietly stepped back, regaining his composure and apologetically returning Jay's weapon to the table. He even reached down and gently plucked her sword away from the soldier's grasp, offering it back to the woman to sheath, again offering a sympathetic nod for her having to put up with this up until now. Borneo didn't seem too phased by the act, but rubbed his neck sorely and somewhat nervously cleared his throat – a sure sign that he'd felt enough embarrassment for the day. Stepping into the ring with a guy this crazy could've turned sour, quickly. He sat back down at the table, just as Maria came back with four steaks—enough for everyone gathered at what most of the bar was considering to be 'ground zero' at this point.

"Food's up. So how about you all shut the fuck up at this point and eat? You're scaring away my business."

The Doctor wasted no time changing back into his somewhat damaged nobleman image, smiling fondly at the barkeeper who clearly hated his blackened guts. She flipped him the finger again, turned on her heel, and went back to the bar. "Ah, this smells lovely! I can hardly wait to taste it. Borneo, would you mind saying grace? There's never a call for poor table manners, after all…"

"Dude, what? Grace? What the hell are you talking about? I don't pray to your god." he grumbled, only to have Ever stomp his foot beneath the table and shoot him a dirty look.

"Say fucking grace."

"Dear Heavenly Father, who art in…uh….heaven…that's how it goes, right?

Ever sighed and palmed his face for a moment, removing his gloves before picking up his silverware and shaking his head at Borneo's pathetic attempt to even mimic a decently cultured human being. He turned to Darkamaru, then Jay, then began ignoring the Isvallan altogether. "So, tell me…how did the two of you meet?"

"Hey, don't just ignore me!!"

"Then again, on second thought. Maybe I SHOULD kill him. I'd be doing the world a favor..."

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay Furor Wed Mar 30, 2011 5:36 pm

Jay watched Borneo and Ever argue, and she couldn't help but wonder if they would fight in the bar. Maria would obviously pop a cap in each of them, and maybe some other patrons just for fun. But, she figured they would be cool while they were here, right? Maybe? She hoped so.

Darkamaru beamed at Maria and replied in Frostdeathian, "Maria, you know as well as I do, I'm legal, just not in Amestris!" Stunningly, that was one of the rare times he spoke without his accent, which was interesting, though not too special. He got his drink and chugged about half of it. "Ah.", he said, wiping his mouth. "Nothing like almost solid alchohol to cheer you up." Darkamaru beamed as the Doctor shook his hand. "Qui' a firm shake you got there. trying to break me bones, aren yah?" he grinned even wider, his large golden eyes shimmering. He examined Ever and after a moment, said, "I take it you're of Xerxian descent, and a well versed speaker of my native tongue. In the eyes, I guess" He smiled once more at the compliment from Goodnight. "Oh, it's nothing really. Not like a Rockbell, or anything. I can only wish."
Jay barely noticed when it happened. the room went silent and she saw Ever take her gun, Borneo her katana. Darky knew what was about to happen. As powerful as he was, he stepped away from Jay. She stood calmly up and drew a strangely hooked, jagged blade from her leg sheath. Anyone that knew Jay knew this was her namesake weapon. She was once called Headhunter. And she lived up to it. "Borneo. I like you. You're a funny guy sometimes, from what I've seen." She maintained a psychotically wide grin through this, though her steel eyes were burning holes into Borneo's flesh as she glared into his. Her voice rose as she resumed. "Now, I'd advise you to drop my katana this instant, before I decide to give you a forced vasectomy. If you catch my drift." jay was ticked. She'd been in war in Certa, war on the streets between her and her enemies. She'd done assassinations and she'd been imprisoned in Creta for 3 weeks in minimal conditions. She'd lost three limbs but she'd never been this insanely mad. She was on the verge of homicidal insanity.

Darkamaru decided that for his own safety, he out to prepare to stop the fight if things got beyond a one on one, plus Jay trying to neuter Borneo. he extended his automail arm to his side and shadows cracked out from it, causing it to split down one side, revealing a pale arm underneath, with a Homunculus Mark in the palm. He stood in a defensive position in case anyone tried to cause a bar brawl or something. He figured there was no use in calming down Jay or Ever, anyways so he just stood there, as if threatening someone to cause the bar to erupt in fighting.

Jay's smile held as Borneo was released. She set the gun and katana on the table next to her, and swung the knife out at Borneo's leg. "Payback. No one jacks Jay Furor's stuff. "She sat down and smiled politely at Borneo. Darkamaru sat next to her, replacing his auotmail armor as he sat. "I though', the place was abou' to go down like a burning ship. heh, you three are crazy!" He grinned and attacked his steak. "Thanks Maria, this looks great. I think Dark's busy enough telling us that anyways. Slow down you micro mini candy treat!" She stuck out her tongue as he mock-glared at her. "You're a micro mini candy treat..."
Jay laughed at Borneo's attempt at a prayer. Darky even cracked a grin. Jay turned to Ever as he asked a question. "Well, I met this little brat when I was 15, back when I served in Certa. I was in special forces, and after about a year or two there when some retards blew my legs up and shot my arm off. I had my minigun with me though and I may not look it, but I say turrets are for wusses. I shot the bull crap out of em. Then I got taken to the hospital and met this guy at 11 I think. Do you know what it's like to be treated by an 11 year old surgeon/automail mech?" She laughed and resumed. "And I guess that's just how it went. So how did you meet Mr. Funny over there?" She grinned and made a face at Borneo, having clearly forgiven him after slicing his leg. It was only because he cut Ever with it. Nobody spills blood with her blade but Jay. Not even Darkamaru, the craftsman of it, was allowed to. "By the way, Mr. Swordthief, I don't mind the insults and crap if they're funny, but I think Ever minds. Try and let em loose when he isn't near a gun, kay?" She let off a devillish grin and laughed again.
Jay Furor
Jay Furor
MDA'S MASCOT

-Case File-
Level:
Writer: Jay

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down