Modern Day Alchemists
WHY AREN'T YOU SIGNED IN!$#%@? -sends Aurel after you-

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Modern Day Alchemists
WHY AREN'T YOU SIGNED IN!$#%@? -sends Aurel after you-
Modern Day Alchemists
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» This is the end I fear
The Art of...Life EmptySat Mar 19, 2022 4:18 pm by Reila Tsukino

» Best wishes
The Art of...Life EmptyThu Sep 17, 2020 12:08 pm by Reila Tsukino

» Simon Eris
The Art of...Life EmptyFri Nov 15, 2013 1:57 pm by ChaosAlchemist

» Pumpkin Spice
The Art of...Life EmptyWed Nov 06, 2013 4:13 pm by Rhea Stevenson

» BARBERSHOP BRUNCH, BRO'S.
The Art of...Life EmptyWed Nov 06, 2013 12:54 pm by Wolfgang Murinyo

» Training Private Daw (Open to Amestrian Militants Only)
The Art of...Life EmptyMon Nov 04, 2013 6:07 pm by Dawsic

» AKI'S NEW FORUM
The Art of...Life EmptyMon Oct 21, 2013 12:59 am by Silvac

» Baldursdóttir, Ymir [done]
The Art of...Life EmptyThu Oct 17, 2013 5:56 pm by Jay Furor

» Practice Makes PERFECTION
The Art of...Life EmptyMon Oct 14, 2013 11:19 am by Zayne O'Reilly

» Just a Checkup
The Art of...Life EmptyThu Oct 10, 2013 8:55 am by Crassus

Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 74 on Wed Sep 10, 2014 4:45 am
Join us on Facebook!

The Art of...Life

Go down

The Art of...Life Empty The Art of...Life

Post by Guest Fri Dec 16, 2011 3:01 am

Aello knew two things in life. One, it was never fair. Two, it was anti-happy.

Today just seemed like one of those days. Ever the optimist thought she trudged through it with an ever-lasting smile. Having been at the dojo since eight that morning she looked longingly out the windows at the waning afternoon. So far only two people had come in to sign up for classes and it was close to divvy up for rent. A few students had left the school for school and job purposes which had put a dent in the tight budget they had. Aello had even given up her wages just to keep the school running until things picked up. It was easy for her to do- she lived at home and didn't have to worry about rent or bills. When she had to dip in to her savings to cover the electric bill today it had increased her worry to the point where she was distracted during class and they didn't get through much that day.

"Things work out," she told herself. They always had. These were just worries that frittered around in her mind when she had nothing else to think about. Aello leaned back in her chair. Sensei had gone to run errands so she had the office to herself. After a quick look at her email and flipping through the monthly magazine she huffed in boredom. No way could she leave the dojo unattended during business hours...they could miss a potential new customer. Until she heard the resounding ding from the bell when someone entered she could at least study. Aello pulled out Sun Tzu's "The Art of War" and mulled over the ancient text. She could always learn something new from this book and when in doubt with conflict she returned to it to see if it could help her figure it out. Completely focused now she didn't even look up when that so very wanted ding actually came.

Back to top Go down

The Art of...Life Empty Re: The Art of...Life

Post by Guest Fri Dec 16, 2011 8:29 pm

Nakajima Tomoe, despite being 24 years old. Her doll like face and choice of clothes - though black and white - gives the others the impression that she a high school girl and that precisely which it make it easier for her to operate outside of Aerugo in the guise of a transfer student. Now that is the how, time to discuss the why ?

The Yamaguchi-gumi is an international Yakuza which operates outside the borders of Aerugo. They say - officially - that the yamaguchi manpower is equal to 55k however the official numbers is usually decreased and doesn't reflect the true number and that's mean that the Yamaguchi-gumi by all means are over than 55k. leaving the statistics aside. Tomoe belongs to that infamous group of yakuza so it can be expected for her to pop anywhere. Now that we answered why, it is time for what ?

What she is doing in central city of Amestris ? or rather what she was since what she is doing right now differs a lot of what she was doing before now. What she was doing then ? Probably, she was up to no good. She is a yakuza, remember. Their understanding of 'chivalrous business' is really different when compared to normal people. Now, what she is doing now ?

'Now' that is something we can talk about. Since she finished her objectives, she decided to explore. What piqued her interest is the presence of a dojo here in Amestris. A dojo in Amestris ? Now that is unexpected, You can find easily a dojo in Aerugo and - Kamahen as well - because who live there are simply the grandchildren of the Samurai. The katana and it's likes runs in the blood of the Aerugese.

She decided to enter that dojo driven by her love for the golden naginata, Tomoe gozen. And for her curiosity of what they can provide the students there. Is there is a Sensei here teaching ?

The Ding actually came for the one who was expecting it though currently in a world of their own reading a book for the master strategist and tactician Sun Tzu. Tomoe knows him well, yes she played shogun. The girl behind of the reception desk is by all means an Amesterian. The blond hair and the blue eyes are the trademarks. A proud skin that received it's tutelage under the Amesterian sun.

Nice book you are reading there... complementing with an obvious accent the girl in the dark blue.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 16, 2011 9:06 pm

Aello raised her eyes to take in the person before her. Young looking, a contrast of black and white, with skin as fair as hers but obviously oriental. Inside she had been surprised to hear the voice when she was so in-depth with her text but didn't even flinch. A soft smile came to her lips and she reached for a kitten decorated bookmark and closed the book, yellowed and easy flipped open from the years of re-reading. It was of the more complicated editions -there were tons of translations- but she found it more appealing to her. "Yes, it is one of my favorites. I never cease to learn from it. I'm Aello, how can I help you?" she asked.

The dojo had been there for almost fifty years. It had seen peace, war and even trained some of the finest soldiers their military had seen. Of course, they started there as children or young teens. For the more gifted students she used to offer private alchemy lessons, of course a bit more pricey than just regular training. It had been drilled in to her from the time she was a little girl that alchemy was used to help and protect others or yourself. She trained these students to use alchemy for self-defense purposes only but after having to severely beat a student for using alchemy for criminal intent she no longer offered the lessons. It had helped the dojo stay on it's feet but she wasn't about to set out a loose cannon to hurt other people.

Pictures of past students, their best fighters (a few of Aello were up there too, against her wishes of course) and trophy cases literally covered the walls. The training hall was viewable from the office from a long, large window. Inside there were tons of equipment from several Bobs, dozens of kicking bags and posts for the students to use to balance on. Chains hung from the bars from the open ceilings, which they used to hang the punching bags on for practice. All this and more plus the fact the place was immaculate. Aello cleaned top to bottom every day unless her sensei wishes otherwise, which was very rarely. Yes, this place was like her home and she treated it as such.

(OOC: okay, i'm so confused, are we supposed to use blue or orange for amestrian language?)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 17, 2011 8:15 pm

So she looked around. The pictures on the wall. Certain pictures caught the interest of the Yakuza as those certain pictures where the ones that the same Amesterian in Dark blue standing in front of her was present in. Being in a picture can be thought of as a kind of commendation. Well, Tomoe decided that she needs to take a quick course right now. It has been long time since she handled a Naginata. The last time she can remember for her to hold one that when she was in Okinawa and truly she doesn't really want to remember this certain incident.

"Well, I want to increase my skill in the way of the blade" Tomoe answered as she shifted her dark night eyes from the pictures to that seeker of the ancient wisdom. "Though it seems that you are the only one here right now" again she stopped and again she continued "Would you care for a little spar"

Last edited by Nakajima Tomoe on Sun Dec 18, 2011 3:55 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : changing colors)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 18, 2011 2:41 am

Aello slowly set the book aside and looked the woman over carefully. It wasn't often she was approached for something like this. Most people left her alone and the ones that didn't were usually thugs in the street. She trained hard, to the point where she would vomit and pass out from exhaustion, and passed every test she'd ever taken, shooting through the ranks at a speed most people couldn't follow. Unfortunately her training didn't go past hand-held knives (she could pull, throw and slash with a switchblade faster than anyone at the school, besides her master) and the basic uses of a katana. She followed the Way-Of-The-Empty-Hand and her alchemy was much similar. "I'm sorry, but I'm not trained well enough in that particular area to give you a decent match, as I'm assuming you have some sort of skill for the blade already. I am an expert with switchblades and other knives, especially throwing, cutting and disarming if you're interested to learn, but not to spar," she added. Probably would disappoint her but Aello was always honest and never over-estimated herself, especially with someone she didn't know.

Her mind clicked and another soft smile was given to this stranger. "Just so you're not disappointed, I could oblige you to a full-contact spar...with our bodies." If she had experience with swords than she should know enough for a good, old fashioned fight. Besides, it would alleviate her own boredom and there was little risk involved. "How long have you been training?" she asked to be on the safe side. Sometimes people over-estimated themselves (something that had been kicked out of her when she first started her training) and wanted to 'prove' their fighting prowess. Aello was not one to oblige such actions. Her whole goal was to teach people how not to get hurt. Also, she only believed in defeating those who were a match for her or the best. It was called sportsmanship, something very important to her and the school.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 18, 2011 7:34 pm

The Amesterian with honesty - that intrigued the Aerugese - stated that she will not be able to spar when it comes to the Katana and her sisters. Assuming that the young lady in black and white has an - already - experience in it. Well, her assumption is half correct since Tomoe is just an amateur. She said she is expert in switchblades and - that certainly cool - and knives in general. The blonde haired with an eyes bright like the blue skies offered to teach her the arts of throwing, cutting and disarming omitting away the option of live spar since of course it would be dangerous.

Though fully knowing that such an art is of equal importance to that art of the gunslinger. She was more interested to the other option the soon to be spar partner proposed. Why ? Because she didn't undergo such kind of training before. Maybe it will turn out to be fun.

"How long have you been training?" She asked and the other eventually answered.

"Well. if it comes to the Naginata and katana, I am an amateur" Still Tomoe didn't say anything regarding her knife-using prowess then she continued "I am actually interested in the full contact spar, I think it is going to be fun. Oh, I almost forgot. My name is Tomoe, Nakajima Tomoe. Pleased to meet you."

Back to top Go down

Post by Reila Tsukino Fri Jan 06, 2012 5:18 am

[BUMP]
Reila Tsukino
Reila Tsukino
PENDING

-Case File-
Level:
Writer:

Back to top Go down