Modern Day Alchemists
WHY AREN'T YOU SIGNED IN!$#%@? -sends Aurel after you-

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Modern Day Alchemists
WHY AREN'T YOU SIGNED IN!$#%@? -sends Aurel after you-
Modern Day Alchemists
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» This is the end I fear
Snow Drifter EmptySat Mar 19, 2022 4:18 pm by Reila Tsukino

» Best wishes
Snow Drifter EmptyThu Sep 17, 2020 12:08 pm by Reila Tsukino

» Simon Eris
Snow Drifter EmptyFri Nov 15, 2013 1:57 pm by ChaosAlchemist

» Pumpkin Spice
Snow Drifter EmptyWed Nov 06, 2013 4:13 pm by Rhea Stevenson

» BARBERSHOP BRUNCH, BRO'S.
Snow Drifter EmptyWed Nov 06, 2013 12:54 pm by Wolfgang Murinyo

» Training Private Daw (Open to Amestrian Militants Only)
Snow Drifter EmptyMon Nov 04, 2013 6:07 pm by Dawsic

» AKI'S NEW FORUM
Snow Drifter EmptyMon Oct 21, 2013 12:59 am by Silvac

» Baldursdóttir, Ymir [done]
Snow Drifter EmptyThu Oct 17, 2013 5:56 pm by Jay Furor

» Practice Makes PERFECTION
Snow Drifter EmptyMon Oct 14, 2013 11:19 am by Zayne O'Reilly

» Just a Checkup
Snow Drifter EmptyThu Oct 10, 2013 8:55 am by Crassus

Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 74 on Wed Sep 10, 2014 4:45 am
Join us on Facebook!

Snow Drifter

Go down

Snow Drifter Empty Snow Drifter

Post by Reila Tsukino Sun May 09, 2010 2:45 am

Reila sighed heavily. Finally the day of introductions was over...well, at least it had gone relatively well. She smiled to herself as she walked out in the snow to wander around a bit. Now this was her atmosphere! She spun around out in the continuous blizzard with a look of sheer pleasure on her face. Certainly she missed her friends Spencer, Enrya, and Tsuna most of all, but she felt so free! She dropped back into the snow, sticking her tachi sword into a pile of snow that was as tall as her. She had always wanted to do it and now she was going to dammit! Carefully looking around from where she lay, she saw no one watching and proceeded in making a snow angel. After some time perfecting it, Reila stood up to admire it. Wow! It really did look like an angel... she stared at it with a pleasant smile before picking her sword back up and turning to head back to the fort to give the men some company. If she left them alone too long, the fort would be up in smoke.
Reila Tsukino
Reila Tsukino
PENDING

-Case File-
Level:
Writer:

Back to top Go down

Snow Drifter Empty Re: Snow Drifter

Post by Guest Sun May 09, 2010 5:23 pm

As the continous blizzard howled it seemed like nothing was going to come through it easily ice, snow, and slush were everywhere, it was a frozen wasteland that man should never cross as mother nature had set down a rule of authority. Even through this continous blizzard a single man walked through it it would not have been a strange occurrence if he had been wearing the right equipment but this man was wearing casual clothing through a blizzard. In a dark green chinese imperial robe laced with gold Kokoro walked slowly, black cotton pants originally meant for martial arts were his legs only protection again the fury of nature. The strangest thing of all was that Kokoro was wearing no shoes of any kind he was walking barefoot in the snow and he didn't seem to mind the cold at all. The wind blew his hair around a bit as it howled yet he paid no attention to it his wolf like ears stood ontop of his head twitching a bit here and there as he listened for noises. His bushy dark brown almost back tail hung behind him wagging back and forth slowly snowflakes were littered within the fur of it making it seem to be two colors instead of one.

Kokoro seemed to stare off into space his left eye was a dark blue almost purple, while his right eye was a light green like the leaves on a tree in spring. His left eye was hidden by a mass of very dark brown hair that seemed black that hung past his shoulders, his skin was almost as white as the snow that was falling around him and upon him. Kokoro's body did not seem to be that of a man's but that of a woman's even as he walked if one saw him from behind they may assume that he was a woman instead of a man. His skin was smooth and flawless not a mark or scar could be seen on his back was his tattoo but none could see that. His nails curled about an inch or two farther out then the normal person's as these were his claws which could be used very effectively.

As he walked he saw someone in the snow she seemed to be alone, he sniffed the air and confirmed it the woman was alone. He continued walking slowly towards the woman even as she laid down in the snow and started to make what seemed to be a snow angel that was a little odd, he thought to himself wasn't briggs supposed to hold some of the roughtest people in the military. And yet here was a woman making a snow angel and she seemed to be enjoying it quite a bit he wondered for a brief second if she was crazy and thats why she was doing it. He let the thought drift away it didn't matter to him why this person was making a snow angel it only mattered that he got to his assigned post to fulfill his mission. He was about fifteen feet away when the woman stto and retrieved her sword she was going away now, he had to get her attention but he couldn't run up to her suddenly she may percieve him to be an enemy. So instead Kokoro stopped and searched through the snow for a rock and found one quickly, he held it in one hand and then used the other to drag it across the rock. The sound was like nails being ripped down a chalkboard but much harsher and much louder he hoped this would get the woman's attention if it did not he would have to approach her suddenly.

Back to top Go down

Post by Reila Tsukino Sun May 09, 2010 11:45 pm

Reila spun around mid-step with wide eyes and was faced with...a bear?! OH SHIT! She clamped her hand around the hilt of her tachi sword and was about to unsheathe it when she noticed that it was just some girl with...ears? She blinked and her head stared to lean sideways in speculation. No...it was a man. She stared awkwardly at him until she could see him better. Then she approached very slowly and cautiously through the blowing snow. "Hey...?" She called, trying to reach out through the white to touch it. Her ankle-length long hair whipped around behind her, flying up and down in the thrashing currents of the blizzard. "Who are you?" She asked suspicious. An enemy or an ally? Squinting, she reached his side and stood on her toes, trying to see his face. Woah. Those were ears...not human ears. She instinctively reached out to touch them without thinking.

[Ugh, sorry I'm so burnt out from my App.. <3]

Last edited by Reila Tsukino on Wed May 12, 2010 6:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Reila Tsukino
Reila Tsukino
PENDING

-Case File-
Level:
Writer:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 10, 2010 2:08 am

Kokoro watched as the young woman turned around and faced him he was glad he had chosen to not approach her for it may have started a fight, her hands went for the sword she held right away and it did not seem she would hesitate to use it. He dropped the rock in his hands letting it fall to the ground with a soft plop as the snow absorbed it as it had everything else in this frozen wasteland called briggs. He noticed the young woman needed to be closer and accounted because she was human she could not see as well as he could. He waited until she got close and said a faint hello that was drown out by the blizzard what a strange person he thought you see a person in the snow here of all places and only say hello to them. It was as he was thinking that she asked who he was he nodded at the question as it was justifiable to ask that of him afterall he was walking around near a military base without a uniform of any kind.

As the young woman reached forward to touch his ears in a flash Kokoro gripped her wrist gently with his left hand. He leaned forward to the point where his nose was almost touching hers it was blank there was no anger or happiness just a face staring at her before giving a light sniff to remember her scent. His snow white skin was like stone as no emotion even registered on his face his right eye was only visible as the left was hidden behind a mass of hair, his light green eye seemed to bore into her eyes. He let go of her hand and reached into his imperial robe pulling out a large envelope with the military's insignia, on the front below it was Kokoro's full name Kokoro Inai. Inside it listed all of his information how he came to be and what caused him to want to be a chimera, this he handed to the girl before going down onto one knee. He looked at the ground in shame it seemed and a soft melodic voice like that of a singer's could be heard, "my name is Kokoro i was assigned to fort briggs by my superior officers ma'am please forgive me for touching you in such a way it was not intentional". It was completely true of course often he would not touch another person without their permission. but the young woman had reached for his ears and that he did not want they were very sensitive.

Back to top Go down

Post by Reila Tsukino Mon May 10, 2010 6:06 pm

A jolt shot through her when she felt a hand grip her wrist through the freezing cold. She froze like the rain that turned to snow and watched him carefully. How stupid of her. She couldn't believe that she had given into a simple impulse that she could have easily dispelled. She was screwed now. If he decided to attack her, she couldn't draw her sword. She was completely at the mercy of him, or was she? She was plotting how she would slip from his grasp and smash him in the neck with her sheath when he drew in yet closer, their noses almost touching. An immediate blush colored her cheeks and she stared at him, blinking in confusion. Was he going to...? Then he sniffed and the blush turned to a look of frustration. What? Did she smell bad or something?! No one should get that close to a girl unless they were going to kiss them!! She pulled her wrist out of his grip, using her martial arts knowledge to find the right motion to break it. His emotionless stare was driving her crazy! That's it she was going to wipe it off. He was an enemy that was it! But then she noticed him pulling something out of his sleek robe. A weapon? She clutched her sword tight, and squinted through the snow falling on her eyelashes. Then she saw it: the insignia. Oh. She was happy no one could read her mind. If they could, there was no way she would be able to lead Fort Briggs. She took it without a word, staring awkwardly at it in surprise. When he went down to one knee, her royal golden eyes widened further. What...?

"Ah..." She was at a complete loss for words, feeling like an idiotic child, which she was. She had always been like this...it came with not having parents. Being abandoned corrupted her mind! That was it. "No, it's my fault; I apologize." She said in a light voice, trickling with sincerity. She righted herself, shoved her sword behind her--out of sight--and bowed low extremely formally to the kneeling chimera. "It is very nice to have you here, Kokoro." She stood up straight and smiled sweetly, showing her teeth like she did rarely and regretted it since the cold instantly stung them. "I am Brigadier General Reila Tsukino. Forgive my previous actions...I was in my own world," She laughed, embarrassed, hoping he didn't happen to see her playing out in the snow like a toddler. Well, she never got a chance to enjoy herself...what do you expect?

Last edited by Reila Tsukino on Wed May 12, 2010 6:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Reila Tsukino
Reila Tsukino
PENDING

-Case File-
Level:
Writer:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 10, 2010 6:42 pm

Kokoro did not stand up in fact he could not at the moment, Reila had not ordered him to stand so he would stay on one knee as he awaited her orders. He listened to her apologize and it surprised him what was going on this woman of a higher rank was apologizing to him he had never experienced this before. "You have no reason to apologize to me ma'am I initiated the confrontation feel free to punish me as you wish to ma'am" his voice was still soft and melodic as he said this, but in all this time he had not looked up at Reila. The wind howled after he spoke like it was an angry tempest he felt the snow fall onto his skin and melt into cool water that would run down his body but he felt no cold just the feel out it on his skin. He heard her speak once more and his wolf like ears perked up to listen to her she said she was glad to have him here, what did that mean surely she must know he was only here because he had been ordered to be here.

He didn't care if he had been ordered here or the great desert he had to fulfill his part of the bargain as he had promised six years ago. "Again there is no reason for you to apologize ma'am your actions are your own i will not condemn or condone them in any way" he said without a trace of emotion in his voice. He didn't seem to care one bit about the young woman's interest although he did wonder why he had been ordered out here in the middle of nowhere often he was sent to kill someone. A strange scent filled his nose at first he couldn't understand what it was but then he remembered. The scent was soft to the nose not overly pungent like many woman who wore too much perfume he found the smell to be very nice. He shook the thought away as he was gettin impaitent he wanted to see his new base of operations already his bushy tail thrashed, as he grew impaitent kicking up snow here and there as he waited for Reila's answers.

Back to top Go down

Post by Reila Tsukino Mon May 10, 2010 9:10 pm

Reila reached out a hand with a warm smile that could melt the snow if it wasn't personification. Shaking wet bangs from her shining eyes she laughed a little, really not used to formal situations at all. Had she actually lived with her real parents though, certainly she would be very good at it by now, but...that was clearly impossible. "You can call me Reila, or sometimes they call me Tsurara, it depends on what you prefer." She really didn't want to be called 'ma'am' it made her sound too old and she was definitely not ready to be old. One could tell this easily by the childish smile plastered to her face. Though she couldn't quite figure out this...wolf-guy. Kokoro seemed very distant and it almost reminded her of one of her new recruits, Mura. She was determined to make them smile; smiles were a necessity to bonds, and bonds were a necessity to Briggs. Whether or not she would succeed was up to them, but in her heart she felt resilient, like always. "Is it okay if I call you Koko?" She asked seriously, watching his impatient tail kick up more snow into the air. Ah...that's right. "Oh, oh sorry!" She hit herself over the head with her fist. "Please, at ease. And let's go inside; I'll dry your clothes for you if you want. And if I ask, I'm sure Xan will give you a tour. He's good at that kind of stuff..." She trailed off, realizing she was rambling and actually having a conversation in a blizzard. Why was she so nervous? Maybe it was from meeting all these new people and hoping they were all comfortable and happy here... It could be she was worried about the impression she gave off too? No, no way. She was Reila; she was the command here; she was too strong for impressions. No one would be questioning her here, dammit.

Last edited by Reila Tsukino on Wed May 12, 2010 6:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Reila Tsukino
Reila Tsukino
PENDING

-Case File-
Level:
Writer:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 11, 2010 5:03 am

Kokoro was confused on many different levels here this young woman no commander Reila was telling him to call her by her first name like he was equal to her. This had never happened to him before it was always listened to orders yes ma'am and yes sir or he would be punished this wasn't the way he was taught to do things. He was having a fight within his own mind whether or not to embrace this new way or stick to the old he shook his head lightly and knew he had to stay the same it worked so far and it would now he thought to himself. "I cannot address you as such ma'am we are not on equal footing to do so shows nothing but a deep disrespect for you" he said in that soft and melodic tone of his but it was like he was reading out of a book he hated. But orders were orders and they had been beaten into him by the military he was a dog and they were the master unless it was a matter of life and death he wouldn't disobey them.

He was surprised once more by Reila as she asked if she could call him Koko "you may call me whatever you wish to ma'am as i am under your command". As she told him to stand he did so slowly he was but mere inches from Reila as he stood up as he had not moved from his position earlier and neither had she. He shook his head as she offered to dry his clothes "there is no need i don't feel the cold the same way humans do to me this is nothing the clothes will dry as i walk ma'am" he said quietly. He grimaced at the thought of meeting someone new and allowing them to lead him around like some dog he might be a dog of the military he thought but he wasn't going to be a lapdog like others were. "i can find my own way around the compound Ma'am if you would allow me to i just need some time to figure out where everything is with smell" he really didn't have any interest in metting anyone else. He was as distant as the stars except you might have a better time making friends with a star then Kokoro at least a star wouldn't ignore kindness when it was shown to him so openly.

Back to top Go down

Post by Reila Tsukino Tue May 11, 2010 5:59 pm

He had a point. But ma'am? She wished he would come up with something better, something less...old. She made a strange expression as she thought about his words. They seemed like they were straight out of the rule book. She hated that. Real life wasn't written in text! She was going to change this and fast. "How about General Reila, then?" She suggested, trying not to sound as flustered as she was. Maybe he would get it now? She could only pray. It seemed though he was at least open to what she could call him. Oh no, though, what if she wanted to call him 'wolf-man'? He would probably let her because her rank was higher than his. That was ridiculous! Rank wasn't real, they were just made-believe titles that helped organize things better like 'mother' and 'father' were, right? That was what she believed at least.

What Koko said next made her want to cry. She never felt so horrible about something in her life. What had they done to him?! No, that was no way to treat someone. "Koko, I will acquiesce your request. You may find your own way around, but." She stopped, her sad golden eyes studying him for any sign of emotion, anything she could go on. Finding no solution, she sighed. "I order you to let me take care of you. And that involves drying your clothes. I don't care if you can't feel the cold, but surely you feel something. And I will see to it that you can at least be..." Word...she needed a word. A word that wasn't as soft as the one she wanted to say. Reila couldn't think of one that sounded orderly, and finally decided to just say it. "happy."

Last edited by Reila Tsukino on Wed May 12, 2010 6:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Reila Tsukino
Reila Tsukino
PENDING

-Case File-
Level:
Writer:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 11, 2010 6:23 pm

Kokoro stared at Reila as she spoke she was much different the the miltary people he had run into so far she was energetic and kind. His eyes shadowed over a bit as he thought of that word kind wasn't something he couldn't be if he was kind or caring someone would kill him because he was weak. How could commander Reila be so kind and be in charge what if someone betrayed her trust and attacked her he was sure she would be unprepare for such a thing. Unlike Kokoro who was ready to be attacked or betrayed at any time because he trusted no one he hadn't since he had become this monster called chimera. He stared into her eyes "General Reila is within my right to address you as such as it states rank and shows proper respect for you". He said quietly as he looked at Reila she seemed flustered with hi maybe even angry he looked at the ground and his ears went down he didn't want her to be angry with him he was just following orders.

He looked up as she started to speak once more saying that she would accept his request to move along on his own but there was some sort of catch. He wondered what it could be and then learned she wanted to take care of him and make sure he was happy? this word confused him he hadn't felt anything in a long time. But she was bringing up things he hadn't felt in years but he didn't want them brought up now not now when he was just getting to his post he couldn't afford to think right now. As he thought to himself the cold emotionless face slipped only for a second, he looked confused and afraid but almost as soon as it it gone it was back. He looked at Reila with those cold emotionless eyes once more and nodded slowly "I understand your order General Reila and i have no choice but to accept" he said in that soft melodic tone of his. "May i request that we finally go inside General Reila? the storm seems to be getting much worse now" as he spoke the wind howled and snow started to fall much more onto the already deep covered snow ground.

Back to top Go down

Post by Reila Tsukino Tue May 11, 2010 9:20 pm

Score! She almost raised a fist of victory and then realized that he would probably think she was just posing as the real Reila. Since that wasn't the case, she thought it better not to make it seem that way. She just smiled and inwardly cheered to herself. Her first success at breaching his guidelines did not prepare her for what followed. Oh no...why did he look so let down now? Maybe he liked saying ma'am... She sure as hell hoped not. There was no way she would let him go back to that; it made her feel twice her age. And she was not 40! Reila tilted her head sideways in thought, trying to come up with a reason for it. Her only solution was to submit, to yield and see what his reaction was. Still having no intention of accepting 'ma'am,' Reila tried a different tactic. "You can call me ma'am if you really wish, though. I just prefer my name that way I realize someone is talking to me." And not some 40-year-old woman.

She heard his next words and saw his confusion and fear, which made her all the more determined to change it. "Yes, please," She said with a smile of satisfaction. "I'm actually freezing even in this puffy coat. I don't know how you can stand it." Reila laughed at herself, unfreezing her grip on her tachi sword and turning to head back to the Fort.

Last edited by Reila Tsukino on Wed May 12, 2010 6:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Reila Tsukino
Reila Tsukino
PENDING

-Case File-
Level:
Writer:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 12, 2010 2:39 am

Kokoro listened to her and the edge's of his lips almost turned up into a smile but he let the emotionless state fall back into place quickly. It seemed Reila thought he was upset about not calling her ma'am that idea just seem preposterous to him, That she would think such a thing was a little amusing to him. He watched as she turned and started to walk with her sword in hand he eyed the weapon from behind. And wondered if she could actually you such a weapon without hesitation the way she acted it seemed to him she would have a fatal weakness. Her kindness like earlier when he grabbed her so easily he could have struck out instantly would she have been able to defend? he asked himself this question mentally. He shook the thought away as he began to follow her to the base it was not his job to make sure she knew how to fight. Although he thought to himself he wondered if he was sent here for the sole purpose of making sure these people were combat ready someone like him was perfect for such a job he knew.

"General Reila is fine it is what i shall address you as from now on" he said softly as he followed her from behind. When she commented on the cold he looked at his own body he knew he wouldn't be cold often he was sent places that were freezing to take someone out as they knew he wouldn't freeze to death. Real wolves have special blood vessels only located in their pads to stop them from freezing up while Kokoro as a hybrid had these blood vessels lined through his body. This stopped him from feeling any cold or freezing temperatures and made it ideal to send him into freezing places instead of a vehicle. He didn't say all of this to Reila of course he thought it would only bore her and she would find out everything about him that she needed to know in the file he had given her. "Because I am what I am General Reila i do not feel the same things you do" he said it simply but it was all the explanation he gave to her.

Back to top Go down

Post by Reila Tsukino Wed May 12, 2010 7:39 pm

"I guess that's true," She said, sounding a little disheartened. "You're probably used to it, but if I were you, I would just sit outside in the middle of a blizzard and admire the snow. I think it's beautiful." Reila generally acted like this when she communicated with other people. She was always struggling to see their point of view, trying to grasp the difference between them and breach it. She believed the world didn't have to be such a lonely place. Even if someone were physically alone, she felt that they could still have someone there. She only felt this way because of the days when she herself had no one. Those stretched days were burnt into her memory where loneliness was so prevalent that it had become the air she breathed. She seemed so naive on the outside, but it wasn't true. Not meaning that she had negative feelings, but she liked being free-spirited. Reila's other side wasn't as joyful as her dialogue; it calculated and planned and even had maniacal attributes. She was literally a rock with jagged edges, looming over the people she wished to protect, unswayed by any force. When the sun was out and she was given kindness, she grew warm--but when the air was cold, she froze and formed icicles. She deemed the difference between friend or foe and if they chose to change sides even without a moment's notice, she was always ready. But she made it a habit to never appear as such. Flaunting strength and always being on edge wasn't good for the mind. Hah, wouldn't they be surprised when they saw what she was really capable of. Killing wasn't one of them and neither was becoming a State Alchemist. She wasn't a murderer and she certainly wasn't a dog. She made her own rules and respected everyone else's.

"Koko, what do you want to do once we get inside?" She turned light golden eyes to him and shed him a true smile. Maybe he would eventually smile back... She almost thought he was about to, but then that blank look was back on his face. It was sad, and Reila felt responsible now. That was one order she would never give, but achieve.
Reila Tsukino
Reila Tsukino
PENDING

-Case File-
Level:
Writer:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 12, 2010 8:06 pm

As they walked Kokoro extended his hand out and caught some of the snow flakes on his hand he watched as they melted quickly. "These snowflakes are like a representation of life humans can be beautiful and create many beautiful things yet they throw it away and destroy themselves for no reason". He said almost in a sad tone "these snowflakes are beautiful and yet they become nothing once they land here they are like angels sacrificing themselves to better the world and yet so many people do not see this". He stopped to draw in a breath "In a way humans are like snowflakes their lives are quick and fleeting and they spend time doing terrible things instead of loving those around them". He stopped speaking now as he began to remember the lecture's he had gotten from his master when he was younger he told Kokoro that he must be like water soft yet powerful, kind but hard when needed. He didn't like remembering his old life it filled him with pain but the memories came out like a flood into his head training, sparring and learning from his master every time he saw his face he wished he could change the past.

He was shaken out of his thoughts as commander Reila asked what he wanted to do when they got inside the base. He looked thoughtful for a second what did he want to do he asked himself he honestly didn't know that until he felt it a cramp in his side he needed to train he knew. Kokoro had a flash from his past his master always told him a skilled warrior is the one who has trained everyday those who slacked became like broken weapons. He looked to Reila "if it would please you General Reila i would like to see where the training happens inside the base" he asked softly with a polite tone. After speaking he looked thoughtful once more perhaps his first inspection of the troops would begin with the commander herself. Truly he wanted to know if she could wield that blade she held without hesitation if she could not he might have to report this to his higher up and he found that he didn't want that. Surprise hit him like a cold bucket of water he actually felt something to this young woman ordinarily he wouldn't care if he had to report her or kill her. But here and now he found that he didn't want to do either of these things it was confusing this was something he had never thought of he didn't think he had emotions anymore he was just a dog of the military wasn't he?.

Back to top Go down

Post by Reila Tsukino Fri May 14, 2010 2:49 am

Reila slowed at his words, her eyes growing soft in thought. "We walk through snow as if it's dirt... but I've always thought that it was the sky purifying the world. For those few moments before the snow is shoveled and cleared, everything is peaceful--covered over--just a pure expanse of white. Like this," She motioned to the endless snow around them. "Yes, humans are so mortal, so fleeting, that a lot of them hardly consider the true aspect of death. This is why they are able to kill others..." She brushed her hands along the air, a smile playing on her lips. "But without that, Koko, without killing, without hatred, then peace and love cannot exist. Opposites are there for a reason; they make the better things better. Without them, everything would just be normal and there would be nothing to aim for." She turned to look him in the eyes and picked up her endlessly long hair and shook the snow from it, heading to the door. She pulled it open and held it for him to go through.

"Welcome to Briggs! And of course, would you like me to take you there?" She asked, obvious to his inner thoughts, though he did look as if he was contemplating something. "I know you like to find things yourself, but I would feel bad abandoning you like that." Once she entered after him into the warmth, she shivered, stripping. She tossed her white, puffy coat to the side and slid easily out of her thick, also white, snow pants. This revealed her usual custom-fashioned military uniform. It consisted of the normal top fitted with insignia and a skirt of the same color, pleated in the military style. Underneath the skirt, peeked white frills that was slightly longer and was an underskirt. She had white legwarmers pulled up to her knees that had two pom-poms hanging from each. Wringing out her hair, she reached for a hair tie in one of the lockers and began tying her hair up with ease. The long, now fairly curled stranded cascaded down her back and reached the backs of her knees now that it was off her neck. She disliked wet hair on her neck when it was cold; it made her shudder. "Sorry, I'm ready."

[Cowboy Bebop water reference <3 it~]
Reila Tsukino
Reila Tsukino
PENDING

-Case File-
Level:
Writer:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 14, 2010 2:49 pm

Kokoro walked in after her and stared around the base or at least what little he could see of it as Reila changed he shut the door behind them. The smell of the base was overwhelming it smelled like iron and steel but there was the sent of people as well clinging to the wall's he could smell old traces of food. He didn't like it as it would make things much harder to find with just smell alone he would actually have to walk around and find things before he knew where they were. This annoyed him greatly normally he could have just sniffed the air and found where places where but this place had it's smells all mixed up due to the fact that they hardly ever went outside. The smells grew stagnant and mixed together so to Kokoro it all seemed like one place now he couldn't tell the bathroom from the cafeteria he had lost a sense in turn due to this. He sighed lightly as he learned that he would actually need someone to show him around this base before he could pick out specific smells and find his own way around the place.

Kokoro looked back to Reila as she asked if she could show him around he knew he didn't really have a choice he couldn't find anything this way. So he nodded softly "yes if it pleases you General Reila you may take me there" he said in that melodic tone of his Reila was odd he really couldn't figure her out. It seemed like she was too kind to be a military dog everyone knew what the military saw and did sometimes the things they did scarred people for life how could she be in the military and still be this way. He asked himself but knew he wouldn't be able to find an answer unless he asked directly which he would not do he told himself it would be disrespectful. Without a word Kokoro pulled off his chinese imperial robe revealing his upper body the robe was wet and dripping as the snow had melted on it often. His body was like his face almost snow white and flawless except for one thing across his entire back lay a tattoo, it was intricately detailed and pitch black with dark red flames almost the color of blood spitting out towards Kokoro's head. He didn't seem to care about being exposed as he held the shirt out to dry, his body was hourglass shaped nothing like a man's would be and not a trace of fat could be seen on his body he was slim but pure muscle.

Back to top Go down

Post by Reila Tsukino Sat May 15, 2010 2:18 pm

Reila sighed when she noticed his discomfort. She knew he had to be able to smell extremely well...he's was wolf chimera after all. She wouldn't tell him this, but she loved wolves. A lot. That would lead to misconceptions though; she wasn't trying to help him because of that... He just seemed really troubled by life...a wolf turned into a dog of the military. She would not stand for that shit. He needed his freedom. Wolves were free animals--and even humans; he should not have to be bound by the state's regulations constantly. No way. "Is something wrong?" She asked him, quietly. For once her voice sounded unsure, almost afraid for him to shut her out again. She was waiting for him to tell her that she didn't need to worry about him or that he was fine when obviously something was bothering him. Ah, life was a bitch.

"Alright, I'll take you there!" Reila chimed with a sweet smile. She walked to the next door and kicked it open with her foot, holding it for him with her shoulder as its heavy weight fell against it. It was because she wasn't a military dog. She had her own rules and her power rivaled the fuhrer's. She would never be controlled by anyone. In fact, she was the one that was supposed to be doing the controlling, except that she didn't believe in that way of life. She chose to lead with reliance and trust. It can be seen as weak, but she knew it was stronger this way. Strength came from her smile, from her bonds with people, and her determination. "Oh," She turned towards him, noting the strange and beautiful tattoo on his back. She had forgotten, caught in her own thoughts. "Just hang it there if you don't mind and I'll dry it after I take you to the training area." She brushed melted snow from the slick sheath of her sword and slid it into a clip around her waist.
Reila Tsukino
Reila Tsukino
PENDING

-Case File-
Level:
Writer:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 17, 2010 3:09 am

Kokoro grimaced like he was in pain as he tried to tell one hallway from another the smells were to confusing to him everything was too mixed. He wanted to get out of this place already his animal instincts told him staying here was dangerous as he couldn't smell what was where or who was who in this place. He clenched his fists lightly and then let out a deep breath as he began to imagine a flowing river clear and peaceful falling over the rock. He visibly seemed to calm down as he looked to Reila who asked if something was wrong his wolf like ears twitched as her tone changed it seemed she was nervous, no it was like she was unsure he thought to himself. He blinked calmly as he looked at her "normally I would say no but something compels me to speak my mind at this time General Reila" he said quietly. He stopped for a brief second before speaking again "the smell of this place it's people everything here it's all mixed together I can't tell where anything is, the only scent I know now is yours" he said distressfully. He said softly as he looked at her he looked away when he realized what he had said how stupid he thought to himself he made it sound like he needed her it sounded like weakness as his superior officers would say.

He listened as she said she would take him to the training grounds herself he wondered why she was so cheerful did she like being cheerful. It was odd he thought to himself he wasn't used to this kind of thinking it caused him to think of the way he had been brought up as a chimera and the training collar, he shivered as he thought of the collar. The collar was put around Kokoro's neck when he first became a chimera and the only time it came off is when they wanted him to kill someone then it went back on. When they learned he could be trusted they left it off and just gave him orders they were quite proud how obidient their dog was. His thoughts were interuppted as Reila spoke to him again his ears twitched as she told him he could leave the shirt right here His hands tightened on the shirt wringing water from it easily. He spoke in a rougher voice but it wasn't angry he just wanted her to know he wouldn't always listen, "I refuse this shirt does not leave my sight". It wasn't that he distrusted Reila in fact he liked her which was surprising even to himself but this shirt was given to him by his master before he died. He held it close to his chest like a child would a stuffed animal or their toy when they were afraid it was going to be taken away.

OOC:sorry for the wait i had alot to do yesterday and today after i got it done i was feeling like crap lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Reila Tsukino Mon May 17, 2010 4:20 pm

Before they had begun walking, Reila had allowed Koko to carry his shirt without another word. She didn't mind at all. Reila herself had things she held close to her also, so she understood completely. She had given him some dry clothes and promised to show him the large washing room they had in Briggs so he could handle it himself. She wasn't going to interfere where she wasn't wanted and respected his decisions. She was also happy to hear him refuse; it meant he wasn't completely turned into one of their dogs.

Reila slowed with him and turned with a cheerful smile, looking deep into his eyes. She couldn't hide her happiness, and she really didn't want to. "We'll just have to fix that." Her golden eyes spiked with determination and she began to wonder what exactly they could do about it. Let's see...smells built up in enclosed areas. Enclosed...enclosed... They could open windows? Actually, she was sure they didn't open, and also it was freezing out... Obviously. She crossed her arms, and looked up at the ceiling in thought. What would be possible that would kept the temperature comfortable and yet got rid of the mixed scents? ...She couldn't smell them herself, so it was going to be difficult. When her eyes focused out of her thoughts, she took in an air vent on the pristine ceiling. "Ah!" She pointed to it and then looked back at Koko with a wink. "I got it." She motioned for them to continue walking and then began to explain. "Because it's so cold, hardly anyone goes outside, so I'm sure that's why the smells are all congregating in the fort. For this reason, a ventilation system was built in. It seems the previous Head never bothered with it. He was probably a brute. I'll see to activating it, and I'm hoping that will clear up the problem, literally." She turned a triumphant smile back to Koko beside her waiting to see what he thought. They had almost reached the training room by then.

[No problem at all, I understand completely! @_@
Have you seen Unleashed with Jet Li? It's so good, and Koko's collar reminds me of it! So awesome~~]
Reila Tsukino
Reila Tsukino
PENDING

-Case File-
Level:
Writer:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 19, 2010 4:52 am

Kokoro listened to her explanation of the vents and the system that could bring some real air in here, his lips twitched slightly like he was going to smile but he did not. The idea was sound he liked it as well he could tell where things were once they opened them and wouldn't be burden to anyone because he couldn't find his way around. He nodded to Reila "thank you General Reila that will help me relax greatly" he said in that soft melodic tone of his but it held just a hint of happiness behind it this time. His shirt was drying out as they walked it hardly dripped now so he threw it over his shoulder the muscles in his arm and back showed clearly just from such a simple movement clearly showing he really was pure muscle.

He looked at the hallway as they walked as much as he would have liked to figure out where the training took place he couldn't smell it. His tail twitched in annoyance but he knew the problem would be resolved easily so he just had to suck it up, of course this was just a minor thing compared to what he had been through. He looked at Reila calmly with his light green eight eye and then brushed his hair back revealing his dark blue almost purple left eye which had been hidden behind a mass of hair until now. "I'm sorry to sound so impaitent General Reila but are we close?" he asked quietly he hated waiting to do something, if he were alone and was able to smell he would have been there within a minute or so. But as he needed someone to show him around he couldn't just go sprinting around corners and leaping off the walls before he knew where everything was. So for now he had to deal with this terribly slow pace of walking it wasn't normal to him how could humans be so slow he asked himself, almost forgetting he was once human. The thought of him forgetting he was once human almost amused him how could he forget he had once been a soft thoughtless human whose only goal was to get stronger. Getting strong it was like catching air you never knew if you had actually done it you just think you have then something else stronger appears. Strong a word that no one knew the answer to it was something that had bothered Kokoro his entire life what was the true meaning of being strong he asked himself over and over but never came up with an answer. He felt like this question would haunt him until the day he died for everyone he had ever asked had nothing worth remembering they all had answers that fools could come up with.

OOC:sorry for the late and bad posts >.> my muses are not really working for me lately tis terrible btw yes i have seen it and thats what made me think of the collar thing lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Reila Tsukino Wed May 19, 2010 11:34 pm

Reila gaped at his muscles, but quickly turned away when she felt heat rise in her cheeks. Other then on television, this was the first time she had seen a guy without his shirt on in person. Great, now her cheeks were burning... She furiously rubbed at them with both hands on either side, but soon realized that it only drew more attention to her blush. She dropped her arms back at her sides and quickly looked the other way. Yes...that wall was sooo interesting... Calm. Be calm. Finally the effect faded and she shot him a smile. "I'll make sure it's done right away!" She saluted him, playfully.

They walked a little ways further until she noticed movement that wasn't his legs and glanced over, gasping. "You're eyes are so pretty..." She smiled genuinely and ran a soft hand through her bangs subconsciously to avoid her shyness. She was worried about what his reaction might be again, and was beginning to feel self-conscious because of it. She snapped from her thoughts finally stopped at a tall doorway. "It's right here." She placed her hand against a scanner and when the electric doors slid open, she briskly walked through them, waiting for him to follow. "You'll be able to open it too once we register you into the system."

Yes, all humans were soft, so soft that they yearned to be stronger. That's where their obsessive need to train came from, but that wasn't at all why this training room was built. Reila had it built for other reasons...a different strength. "Koko, ...what do you think strength really is?" She asked, her golden eyes shimmering in a reverie. "Back when I first started training myself, I had thought that strength was ability, a way to conquer others and stand above them. But as I moved forward, I found that was not so. My ideas were wrong and as soon as I let go of them and being the strongest, I found that I already was. Strength is such a general word, it's like pointing to the sky. The daylight tries to illuminate the truth, but it's only until night falls that one can really grasp it. Each star in the night sky is a definition of that strength and it lies in all of us even if it's hard to see." Reila gazed upon the training room that she had specially built. It was a large expanse that stretched across the back end of the Fort and underground. Below the main level was a scientifically-fashioned training room that had simulations, enforced walls, and much more. But the main level was a Japanese-styled dojo with rice paper shoji doors that slid open to reveal stacks of bokken, shinai, and other wooden weapons for sparring. The flooring that was slightly raised from the stone ground at the foot of the door way was all tatami. This reached until another door that opened to the actual training room. In here, the elaborate Japanese-old-style continued, and the flooring was a padded tatami mat made to avoid injury. "Sorry, I was just thinking," She put a hand behind her head and bowed slightly. "Would you like me to leave now?"

[Not a problem <3 I hope they work! D< -kicks them- Sorry for my super crazy post...that was really hard to write for some reason.]
Reila Tsukino
Reila Tsukino
PENDING

-Case File-
Level:
Writer:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 22, 2010 5:19 am

Kokoro watched as Reila's cheeks turned red and she seemed to look away from him he wondered what this was what was she doing he asked himself. Then he remembered an old human emotion shyness or being embarrassed something he didn't feel anymore he wondered what he had done to make her feel like that. He couldn't imagine what it could be he looked at himself and wondered if maybe it was his being half naked in front of her afterall she was a female and he was a male. He concluded this must be the reason and wondered what he could do and figured out there wasn't much he could do his shirt was still wet and he wasn't going to wear a wet shirt in the halls. He figured it was not such a problem although if she asked he wouldn't refuse to put his shirt back on but that was only if she asked him if she kept quiet he would leave it off. He gave off a small smile as she gave him playful salute and said it would be done soon but it was a very small smile one would have to look closely to see it.

He looked into her eyes calmly with his multicolored eyes as she told him he had pretty eyes he wasn't really sure what to say to that. He watched as she ran her hand through the bangs of her hair she had become shy again in his presence he thought he should return the compliment but he wasn't quite sure what to say again. "Thank you very much General Reila for the compliment but my eyes are nothing compared to the beautiful color of your eyes" he said softly as he stared into her gold eyes with little emotion in his own eyes. He wondered if he said the right thing to her or how she would react he couldn't take back his words now he knew so he let the thoughts go as he couldn't do anything constructive with such thoughts. He watched as she used the scanner and the tall door opened he looked at the scanner and wondered if he really wanted to have to use a machine to open doors what happened to turning a know or handle he thought to himself.

He stepped into the room but before he went any farther he turned to the large door and bowed deeply as a sign of respect while it was just a training room to others Kokoro considered this his dojo now. He looked at Reila with a deep emotion in his eyes one that couldn't be defined by one simple word as he listened to her speak of strength. After she finished speaking he answered softly "the meaning of strength you ask me? no one knows the answer to that question do you know why General Reila?" he asked suddenly. But he gave her no time to answer the question before he started speaking once again softly "it is because strength is a heat haze or to better say it an illusion General Reila". "One can never truly know if they are strong because something else comes along to show you that you are nothing but a weak and tiny thing in this world it shows you the hard way when you think you have become strong". He said in a bitter tone as his sharp teeth clenched together he was speaking from experience his own arrogance and thoughts of being strong had caused him to fall hard into reality. The night his master was murdered he thought he could defeat the killer like he had everyone else and instead he was nearly beaten to death and now six years later he still couldn't avenge him. He truly was pathetic he thought to himself he had more power then ever before and yet he could not find the one person he truly hated more then anything else in this world. He never answered Reila's question if he wanted her to leave or not the real answer was he didn't want her to leave but she could if she wanted to of course.

Back to top Go down

Post by Reila Tsukino Thu May 27, 2010 12:50 am

[>.<;; Sorry... I completely lost track of this thread...]

Last edited by Reila Tsukino on Sun Jun 20, 2010 12:37 am; edited 1 time in total
Reila Tsukino
Reila Tsukino
PENDING

-Case File-
Level:
Writer:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 09, 2010 5:22 am

OOC: BUMP o.o

Back to top Go down