Modern Day Alchemists
WHY AREN'T YOU SIGNED IN!$#%@? -sends Aurel after you-

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Modern Day Alchemists
WHY AREN'T YOU SIGNED IN!$#%@? -sends Aurel after you-
Modern Day Alchemists
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» This is the end I fear
Oops? EmptySat Mar 19, 2022 4:18 pm by Reila Tsukino

» Best wishes
Oops? EmptyThu Sep 17, 2020 12:08 pm by Reila Tsukino

» Simon Eris
Oops? EmptyFri Nov 15, 2013 1:57 pm by ChaosAlchemist

» Pumpkin Spice
Oops? EmptyWed Nov 06, 2013 4:13 pm by Rhea Stevenson

» BARBERSHOP BRUNCH, BRO'S.
Oops? EmptyWed Nov 06, 2013 12:54 pm by Wolfgang Murinyo

» Training Private Daw (Open to Amestrian Militants Only)
Oops? EmptyMon Nov 04, 2013 6:07 pm by Dawsic

» AKI'S NEW FORUM
Oops? EmptyMon Oct 21, 2013 12:59 am by Silvac

» Baldursdóttir, Ymir [done]
Oops? EmptyThu Oct 17, 2013 5:56 pm by Jay Furor

» Practice Makes PERFECTION
Oops? EmptyMon Oct 14, 2013 11:19 am by Zayne O'Reilly

» Just a Checkup
Oops? EmptyThu Oct 10, 2013 8:55 am by Crassus

Who is online?
In total there are 5 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 5 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 74 on Wed Sep 10, 2014 4:45 am
Join us on Facebook!

Oops?

2 posters

Go down

Oops? Empty Oops?

Post by Guest Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:30 pm

A light rain descended from the heavens towards the streets of Edo below, pattering and staining the ground with its moisture. It slicked over the rough edges, pooling in the cracks, before slithering away towards other pastures it could gather in. It had been two months now. Two months since their world had changed. Two months since their government had undergone an overhaul to the Shogunate era. Two months since the girl with the blue eyes had really smiled. She was walking down the street now, no umbrella to block out the droplets that were soaking into her dress and skin, her heels slapping against the wet cement beneath her feet. A purse was slung over her shoulder as she strode to a quiet little bar that she had found, the owner a man from a different country much as her father had been. Two losses that could never be replaced, two holes she would never be able to fill. And a third.... She feared the cracks that may form, that might have already begun to form up between her and a man that she loved.

Her dress hugged close to her curvacious form, her long black hair flowing free down her back though her bangs were beginning to cling to her pale skin as the rain soaked in more and more. She was clearly out for cocktails, but the elegance of her dress spoke to a place that was different from your normal bar. It was a martini lounge to be precise, its name the Blue Martini. Her expression was neutral, unreadable, almost... vacant. Maybe that was the best word for it as she strode down the street, not even noticing the eyes that were drawn to her as she strode on by. Her feet were mostly exposed, black satin spaghetti strap heels of a modest height encasing her feet. They were simple really, though rinestones did form a band across each of her feet. Her make-up consisted of only a red lipstick for her complexion was one that didn't require it in the least bit.

The sign glowed blue above her now, the bouncer checking her ID before she slipped inside. His look of confusion at the lack of an umbrella didn't phase her at all as soft, jazzy music flowed into her ears. She chose a seat at the end of the bar, sighing lightly as the bartender came over to her with a small, friendly smile. "What can I get for you miss?" His Aerugese was flawless, though his features identified him as a foreigner to their country. It wasn't like she was purely Aerugese herself though, heh. "Pink punk cosmo please." She ordered in a quiet voice, her sapphire eyes lowering as she slid a credit card towards him. "Can you just open up a tab for me please?" The man nodded as he took her card, placing it aside as he went off to make her a drink.

Her eyes began to scan the room, noticing who was here and what was going on. The dancefloor was rather sparse tonight, everyone mostly enjoying their drinks in their quiet little corners. But she had been looking for a quiet evening, an evening in which she could escape what she had done, a shot of color immediately drawing her attention towards her hands. She saw the red on them and closed her eyes quickly, her heart beginning to race as she took a deep breath or two. Dammit. As she opened her eyes again, she saw that they were fine, the only sign of color the bracelet on her wrist (and that was just shiny). Her glass was placed before her, the cotton candy resting there all puffy and sweet, the bartender pouring her drink over it which melted it immediately. "There you are miss, enjoy." "Thank you." Lifting the glass to her lips, she took a small sip, placing her purse upon the counter. It was bittersweet, as so many things in life were now...

Back to top Go down

Oops? Empty Re: Oops?

Post by Ryuu Sato-Chiba Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:54 pm

It always nice to visit Edo. A lovely city to visit, as well as to live. Sure, Ryuu had moved to Kyoto for work, but Edo was still his hometown. And right now, he was “home.” The Blue Martini. His fathers had taken him there for his first legal drink. It had become a regular favorite and the owner loved to see them come in. Especially because Ryuu would dance with only a little coaxing and that always added a little sparkle into the air. Plus, it sometimes brought in extra customers with a little outside promotion, which never hurt the business.

Ryuu was in fact, in town visiting his fathers. Both were in their mid-sixties. They walked a little slower now, but were still as spritely as ever. They enjoyed when Ryuu could come out, especially on the weekend. Just as with any other weekend night, he had taken them out for dinner. Dinner was always a lovely affair, concluding at the Blue Martini for drinks and dancing. And it was always classy. All three men wore suits of a similar style. Ryuu's was a rich dark gray, with a light blue shirt and dark blue tie. Nobou's was black with a white shirt and purple tie. Hiro had on a light gray suit with a dark red shirt and black tie. They had not been there long and the bar was relatively quiet. It would liven up later into the night, but for now, it was quiet enough to talk. They had just finished their first round of drinks and Ryuu rose to get the next round from the bar. He waggled his eyebrows at his fathers. “Same? Or want something a little different?” Nobou shook his head. “The usual for me, thank you.” He was usually the more serious of the two men. Hiro on the other, gave Ryuu a bright smile. “Something different! Extra sweet. There's some pink drink up at the bar. Get that!” Ryuu nodded with a smile and moved to the bar.

He moved up next to a young woman in a lovely black dress. She was the owner of the pink drink Hiro had pointed out, which was fortunate as Ryuu had no idea what it was. The owner was busy with some new customers, so Ryuu casually leaned up against the bar to wait. As he did so, he looked over to Kasumi with a polite smile. “Excuse me? What are you drinking? Is it a sweet drink?
Ryuu Sato-Chiba
Ryuu Sato-Chiba
CHIEF TWINKLE-TOES

-Case File-
Level: 2
Writer: Csi

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:28 pm

The alcohol still punched a crack through the sweetness of her drink, much like the bitter pill that she had to swallow that still churned her stomach as she felt her hands tremble a little. It had been her doing. All her doing. And still it haunted her now. She suspected it would probably haunt her the rest of her days until Death came and took her into his cold embrace. She almost didn't even notice the well dressed man that came up to the bar beside her as she stared distantly past her distinctively colored drink to the counter that was so very shiny. The bartender took care of this place tenderly, it was plain to see. The shoulder of her dress slipped a bit further down than usual, barely revealing any more flesh than what was already obvious. She crossed her legs with a sigh, rubbing her eyes as she heard, “Excuse me?"

At first Kasumi didn't realize that he was talking to her, blinking as she raised her head and focused upon the figure at her side. Normally she would have been all like, "Well what a handsome man" but not tonight. Tonight she could only smile slightly at him. "What are you drinking? Is it a sweet drink?” She glanced from her drink back up to him, sapphire eyes muted even as she maintained that smile at him. "It's called a Pink Punk cosmo. Skyy vodka, cranberry juice, pineapple juice, a fresh squeezed lime, and cotton candy." She began, pausing to take another sip from the tasty glass. "It's pretty sweet." She heard laughter and it caused her to turn, the sound far too similar to Ranmaru's. It made her heart ache and throat close. She saw the two gentlemen that were similarly dressed in well to do suits like the handsome man beside her, her expression softening a little. "I'm guessing it might be for one of your gentlemen friends?" She asked as her gaze slid back over to him, her body moving to face him on her stool. "It is a sweet drink, and certain to get you drunk. A little kick of the vodka can be obvious, but its barely there."

Brushing her bangs from her eyes, Kasumi felt a small spark of her old self want to kick in for he was an attractive older man. The grey streaks really worked for him in his dark hair. Somehow... his appearance seemed a little familiar..... Not that she could quite place it. Perhaps she was mistaken.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryuu Sato-Chiba Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:02 pm

"It's called a Pink Punk cosmo. Skyy vodka, cranberry juice, pineapple juice, a fresh squeezed lime, and cotton candy." It's pretty sweet." Ryuu nodded his head. He knew what a Cosmopolitan was, sure. But this was clearly beyond that. And with cotton candy? Yeah, Hiro would definitely get a kick out of this one. "I'm guessing it might be for one of your gentlemen friends? It is a sweet drink, and certain to get you drunk. A little kick of the vodka can be obvious, but its barely there." Ryuu smiled. “I don't know if that's his intention, but I'll warn him.” At that moment, the bartender came back over. Ryuu's smile broadened and he reached out to shake the owner's hand. “Good to see you, Richard.” “You as well, Ryuu.” “I need another martini for Nobou, vodka gimlet for myself...” He gestured to the pink drink on the bar. “And a Pink Punk Cosmo for Hiro. He wants something new and sweet.” Richard laughed and rolled his eyes, going to make the drinks.

Ryuu turned back to Kasumi with a small, apologetic smile. “My dad, he likes to try new things.” He shrugged a shoulder, noticing the almost-heaviness that seemed to be pushing down on the young woman's shoulders. “You should come join us. We're not young, but we can have fun.” He gave Kasumi a roguish wink. “Besides, it's never fun to come to a nice place like this all alone, especially when you're all dolled up.
Ryuu Sato-Chiba
Ryuu Sato-Chiba
CHIEF TWINKLE-TOES

-Case File-

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:17 pm

“I don't know if that's his intention, but I'll warn him.” That was wise, after all it didn't ruin an evening to suddenly be shit-faced when you only meant to get slightly tipsy. Kasumi, on the other hand, fully intended to become drunk tonight. Something.... just something to mute it all out so she didn't have to feel the grief and guilt that was eating her alive so slowly. “Good to see you, Richard.” “You as well, Ryuu.” “I need another martini for Nobou, vodka gimlet for myself...” She watched the exchange with a slight tilt of her head, resting her cheek in the palm of her hand as her elbow leaned against the counter. “And a Pink Punk Cosmo for Hiro. He wants something new and sweet.” So the two gentlemen were Nobou and Hiro then? And his name was Ryuu, good to know-- Hold on. She knew that name. Or, she thought she knew that name... She certainly wasn't drunk yet, she was not even near tipsy! She wasn't positive though at all.

Ah, Ryuu was turning back to her, his apologetic expression causing a little smile to appear. What could he have to be sorry for? “My dad, he likes to try new things.” She chuckled and shook her head before taking a sip from her drink, getting the sense she'd need to get another one soon. “You should come join us. We're not young, but we can have fun.” Huh? She straightened up a little and blinked at him, glancing over to the table with his father and fri--- No..... BOTH were his fathers weren't they? The way they talked to each other, the way they laughed, the fact they were dressed the same.... That HAD to be it, right? “Besides, it's never fun to come to a nice place like this all alone, especially when you're all dolled up.” She stared at the couple for a moment longer as a faint smile rose to her lips, turning back towards Ryuu for she had caught that little roguish wink from him. Though her smile was warm, there was a hint of weakness to it for he had hit the nail on the head. "Well thank you. I think I will."

She almost rose up from her stool before she realized something and paused, holding out her hand to him with a genuine smile to this kind man. "Sasaki Kasumi. A pleasure to meet you."

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryuu Sato-Chiba Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:41 pm

Well thank you. I think I will." Ryuu had a pleased smile on his face. Good! A fourth for their company tonight and maybe it would take the sad light out of this young girl's eyes. She was rising up but then she paused, her hand outstretched. "Sasaki Kasumi. A pleasure to meet you." Ryuu stretched out his own hand, shaking hers gently but firmly. “Sato-Chiba Ryuu. A pleasure to meet you, as well. And please, just call me Ryuu.” He gave her a bright smile and grabbed at two of the three drinks that had appeared on the table. He gestured towards the other with a small shrug of his shoulder. “Would you mind terribly, grabbing that drink? My balancing act leaves much to be desired.” He caught the eye of Richard further down the bar, and gave a gesturing nod to his drinks as well as Kasumi's, indicating everything should be on his tab. Richard gave him an answering nod.

Ryuu turned from the bar and brought two of the drinks over, sliding his fathers' drinks onto the table. “I see you've picked up a straggler.” Nobou glanced at the young woman walking over. Ryuu shrugged his shoulders. “It's what I do.” As Kasumi arrived at the table, Ryuu took his drink and her drink and set them on the table. “Gentlemen, this is Sasaki Kasumi.” Gesturing to his parents, he looked at Kasumi. “This is Chiba Nobou and Sato Hiro.” Hiro straightened up and gave Kasumi a bright smile as Nobou managed something a little more reserved. “Darling, you look gorgeous! Please, sit down!” Hiro shifted his weight so that Kasumi could sit comfortably next to him in the round booth, while Ryuu slid in on the opposite side next to Nobou.
Ryuu Sato-Chiba
Ryuu Sato-Chiba
CHIEF TWINKLE-TOES

-Case File-

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:17 pm

It was always a pleasant surprise to find a person with a perfected handshake. Not too loose so as to imply the person either didn't want to hold your hand, or was of a weaker sensibility. Not too hard either due to mistake or some unknown anger upon meeting a person. Firm, but soft. Kasumi was finding herself liking this man with silvering hair more and more as each moment passed. “Sato-Chiba Ryuu. A pleasure to meet you, as well. And please, just call me Ryuu.” Eh? Sato..... Face + Name = Kasumi needing to hide her shock and immediate recalculating of how to address him now. She sure as hell was not going to salute him, that would just be out of place! His smile brought up one of her own for she could not help herself. Any anxiety that had possessed her seconds before had slipped away for it reminded her, they were off duty. And he did not recognize her which was to be expected, he was still new to his job after all. “Would you mind terribly, grabbing that drink? My balancing act leaves much to be desired.” A soft chuckle rippled in her throat as she turned and picked up the remaining drink, "I do not mind in the least bit." If she hadn't just realized that he was her highest boss, she might have made another comment but held her tongue because... well... Keeping her job was something she wanted to do and she was still on thin ice from her last big fumble.

She followed after him quietly, offering a polite smile to his fathers with a slight bow in greeting. Decorum would still stand, especially with all of present company. “I see you've picked up a straggler.” She glanced up to Ryuu just as he shrugged, his response making her chuckle once more. “It's what I do.” Was it now? Oh so many thoughts.... She slowed as she arrived at the table, for a moment lost in another memory that caused a slight sad lilt to creep into her warm smile. “....is Sasaki Kasumi.” She perked up at her name and met Ryuu's gaze, placing the drink she was carrying down upon the table. “This is Chiba Nobou and Sato Hiro.” She bowed once to each of them, noting how the response was so different from both of them. Opposites attract, no? “Darling, you look gorgeous! Please, sit down!”

There was no way her evening was going to be the way it was now. Not with a greeting such as that! Murmuring a soft thank you to Hiro as he shifted, she slid into the booth beside him, "Thank you! Sometimes I almost worry that I'll forget how to dress in anything that isn't my uniform!" Picking up her drink she took a sip, that light pink liquid so soft against the inside of her throat. Mmmm.... delicious.... Though if she had another one of these she might end up getting herself into trouble. Who knew for sure? "It's a pleasure to meet you both." She spoke to the two delightful gentlemen that she had joined, her sapphire eyes lightening up a little bit. Yes.... Her night would go much better now.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryuu Sato-Chiba Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:29 pm

"Thank you! Sometimes I almost worry that I'll forget how to dress in anything that isn't my uniform!" Ryuu mused to himself about what kind of uniform Kasumi usually wore, but decided he didn't want to really ask. The young woman already appeared much brighter and it had only been a few minutes since Ryuu had asked her about her drink. This lady was in some definite need of cheering up. "It's a pleasure to meet you both." Ryuu slid in next to Nobou, taking a sip of his drink. Ah, delicious, as always. He gave a glance over to Nobou, eyes sparkling. A silent message of amusement passed from father to son as Hiro began to talk Kasumi's ear off.

So, you're from Edo? Ryuu is just visiting us for the weekend. He used to visit all the time, but he's getting too busy for us now.” Ryuu sputtered in mock anger. “Hey!” Hiro gave Ryuu a cheesy grin and Nobou rolled his eyes. “Stop picking on the kid. He's got tough work.” Hiro gave a shrug and nod, slightly conceding the point. “What do you do, young miss? Clearly something decent enough, that you can be wearing such a beautiful dress. You'd make a lovely model!” Hiro beamed, his mind already churning with possible photos. Ryuu sighed and laughed. “Please humor him. Despite being retired, he still can't help but find the perfect picture.
Ryuu Sato-Chiba
Ryuu Sato-Chiba
CHIEF TWINKLE-TOES

-Case File-

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 12, 2013 4:18 pm

So Nobou and Ryuu were the quieter of the trio it would seem for Hiro was the one who instantly began to talk without stop to her. It was..... refreshing. Her father used to be this bright with her mother being the more reserved of the two. A small smile spread across her lips as she lowered her head for a moment, the loss prickling her even as she took a sip of her pink drink. Yes, let the sweetness make the bitterness pass, make it easier to swallow and accept. It was not enough for the other pain that remained with her so strongly though. But for now...? For now.... let it be alright to not repent for an evening. “So, you're from Edo? Ryuu is just visiting us for the weekend. He used to visit all the time, but he's getting too busy for us now.” Raising her pale face, she smiled and was about to answer until her eyes flicked over to Ryuu at his sputtering, “Hey!” “Stop picking on the kid. He's got tough work.”

This was how a family should be. Whole, bright, and loving. But yes, he was a man with tough work indeed. It appeared that he was still not aware of who she was, but that was to be expected! She was just some no-name cop whom was far down the chain from where he stood at the top. “What do you do, young miss? Clearly something decent enough, that you can be wearing such a beautiful dress. You'd make a lovely model!” Kasumi had to sputter for a moment as she blushed, covering for herself by taking a decent gulp which drained her glass to almost empty. Her? A model? It was true she was tall for a girl, and that meant good model material if one was pretty but wasn't she too erm.... "busty" for it? She couldn't fault the man though for how he smiled at her so and thus she chuckled and shook her head. He must have been a photographer or some such to have suggested it with that expression. Her confirmation came a moment later, “Please humor him. Despite being retired, he still can't help but find the perfect picture.”

Her blue eyes bounced between Ryuu and Hiro, a lightness to her head warning her of how much she had had already. But she didn't want to stop! No, it made her be able to bear this, to smile like this--Right, their question. "Quite alright. I am flattered that you think so, but I'm afraid that I am not a model." She shook her head a little as she sighed lightly and finished her drink, sitting up a bit taller as her bangs swished across those sapphire eyes that glanced between the men around her. "No, I am actually a police officer. And in answer to your earlier question I'm originally from Sapporo, but I do reside here in Edo." Taking a breath, she couldn't help but watch Ryuu now as she continued, "I.... am your subordinate Sato-Chiba-san. Soshi Kaede is my partner." She gave a weak sort of smile, clearing her throat as she brushed a stray hair behind her ear. "I am happy to serve beneath a man so kind, and strong."

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryuu Sato-Chiba Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:20 pm

"Quite alright. I am flattered that you think so, but I'm afraid that I am not a model." Hiro smiled brightly at her, “It's never too late to start!” Ryuu rolled his eyes at Hiro, although they did sparkle. His father had a natural excitement about him all the time, and it was easily infectious. "No, I am actually a police officer. And in answer to your earlier question I'm originally from Sapporo, but I do reside here in Edo. I.... am your subordinate Sato-Chiba-san. Soshi Kaede is my partner." Nobou's lips turned up with a smile. Any police officer automatically went up in his book. Ryuu, however, had the decency to look sheepish and even blush a little. "I am happy to serve beneath a man so kind, and strong."

Ryuu waved his hand in the air, chuckling. “Pish. Hardly.” He then laughed a little louder. “I'm afraid I have no idea who you or your partner are, but I'm glad to get to know two more people on the force. You two will have to come visit me in Kyoto.” Nobou nodded his head. “It's always good to know someone in each city. Can't just be a name and a picture in the stations.” Ryuu gasped loudly, mock horror flashing across his face. “They have my picture up?” Nobou leaned over and punched his son in the arm, causing Ryuu to clasp at his arm. He looked across at Kasumi, winking. His arm smarted the tiniest bit, as his father wasn't quite as strong as he used to be. Hiro groaned at the two across the table and turned slightly to face Kasumi better. “Come now. You have to model. Just once. Think about it. A sexy officer shoot! Calendars for a good cause or something. It would be a fantastic little project.” Hiro's eyes practically gleamed with the possibilities, already planning to assault the police chief of the Edo with the idea.
Ryuu Sato-Chiba
Ryuu Sato-Chiba
CHIEF TWINKLE-TOES

-Case File-

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:27 pm

“It's never too late to start!” Wow, he was very stubborn wasn't he? Kasumi could only smile softly and lower her eyes for a moment, unable to even think of herself in that field. But she couldn't dwell on it now, she had questions to answer! Now even though she had been watching Ryuu for his reaction, she noted that the impassive Nobou cracked a smile at her occupation. So his other father supported policework then, but it still gave her no idea what he must have done before. It was adorable, on the other hand, that Ryuu seemed so modest at her words! The blush, the sheep-ness..... She hadn't been sure what to expect when they were told about their new head. Heh, what would Kaede have made of this meeting of chance? Knowing him, he'd be trying to remain as professional as possible while most likely losing clothes. Her smile suddenly vanished as she knew the state that her boy...friend.... (Yes, the word was still strange to her, especially now...) was in. Her empty glass frustrated her, her lips tightening a little as her other hand tensed up in her lap.

“Pish. Hardly.” His laughter pulled her gaze towards him, tugging at her from the place it resided above her. It was a bright thing, not like the darkness that threatened to swallow her hole even now as she stood at its precipice. “I'm afraid I have no idea who you or your partner are, but I'm glad to get to know two more people on the force." It wasn't surprising he didn't know the names of his subbordinates, there were a lot of them after all. "Thats alright, it's completely understandable." She murmured quietly even as he continued onward. You two will have to come visit me in Kyoto.” Raising an eyebrow, a real smile spread across her lips as she stared at her superior. This was a very fortunate occurrence of events indeed, but she was a little chagrined at how she definitely wanted to visit him often. He was an intriguing man! And a pretty man.... “It's always good to know someone in each city. Can't just be a name and a picture in the stations.”

Kasumi had to agree as well, nodding slightly though Ryuu's gasp made her brows shift to a questioning stare. “They have my picture up?” Smirking slightly, she shook her head as she started to rise, desiring another glass of her delicious drink except.... Ryuu's wink made her stop again. No, she would remain in her chair and not attempt to drown herself in booze no matter how much she wanted to right now. It would be a crime to not have his picture up... Argh, what was WRONG with her?! The slump had returned as she was suddenly aware of movement out of the corner of her eye. Hiro was facing her now, and she could only blink and imagine what he might say to her. “Come now. You have to model. Just once. Think about it. A sexy officer shoot! Calendars for a good cause or something. It would be a fantastic little project.” The man should get a gold star for his persistance. Smiling slightly, Kasumi gave a nervous chuckle, opening her mouth to respond except.... a memory hit her as her fingers slid across the surface of her glass.

It had been some nonsense conversation with Kaede like they always had, fun and light hearted... full of.. humor.... Her being a little sexy policewoman was a constant joke that had been said. Ever since the hospital... She'd barely heard two jokes strung together from him. Her eyes had grown distant as she stared at the table, the question almost completely forgotten until a laugh from the bar startled her, her hand jerking away from her glass as she blinked at the men whom had so kindly asked her to join them. And here she was, being a stupid self-pitying mess. No, she had to correct this, and so she summoned up an easy, friendly smile for these delightful men that had done nothing to deserve a depressed shmuck in their midst. "I'll think about it." Her voice was quieter than she would have wanted it, but at least it was steady. "I do have some leave for a couple more days if you would like to do it now." She wasn't sure if she'd have the gumption to do it any other time.

Closing her eyes for a moment, she rose up from the table and stepped up, grasping her glass as she nodded her head to them. "Excuse me a moment." She strode over to the bar and held up a finger which drew Richard's attention. "Another pink punk cosmo please." Keep it in, just keep it in, you could do this sweetheart. You'd handled it when it had been your father, you could do it again. Then why was this suddenly so much harder?

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryuu Sato-Chiba Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:37 pm

Ryuu watched with concern as Kasumi seemed to withdraw into herself, an almost visible reaction to something that had assailed her mind. She half-heartedly agreed to be Hiro's victim in a photo shoot before excusing herself to get another drink. Nobou sensed the change as well and frowned at Ryuu after Kasumi had gone to the bar. “I think she came her to forget something, and we're not helping.” Ryuu glanced at Kasumi over at the bar and nodded. “Guess we'll have to try harder.” He looked over at Hiro with a generous smile. “Dad, I think you may want to back down on the photo shoot for a little while. Why don't you two go dance? I'll go work my magic.” Hiro laughed and gave Ryuu a scandalous wink. “Have fun, sweetie.” Ryuu rolled his eyes. “Come on, Dad. She's young and probably has a boyfriend. You know my only love is the dance.” He said this last part dramatically, even as he stood. Nobou chuckled and slid along the booth to bump his partner in the hip. “Come on, dear. Our son wants us to dance, so we'll dance.” Hiro huffed a little but stood and grabbed at Nobou's hand after the other had risen.

As Ryuu walked to the bar, he gestured to Richard and pointed at Kasumi. Richard gave him a small nod, indicating that the silent message of “put it on my tab” had been received. Ryuu noticed that the crowd was beginning to grow a little and the noise with it. Richard was going to be switching over to some jazz music with a little more pep soon, he suspected. Maybe even some swing... it would all depend on if Ryuu agreed to do a performance. But for now, he had other concerns. He came up alongside Kasumi, leaning his elbows on the bar and looking over at her. “Hiro always means well,” he apologized. He glanced over his shoulder at the two older man dancing contentedly. They swayed to the music, showing off a little themselves. They didn't have their sons talent, but they knew how to step. “But right now, my concern is one of my guests for the evening seems considerably put out. And all dolled up, at a swingin' place... it's just not the time.” He gave Kasumi a kind smile. “Things always look better when you can't remember them, but it's only worse when you remember all over again.” He stepped away from the bar and reached out a hand. “Come on. Let's dance.” He gave her a bright smile, waiting for her to take his hand. He couldn't risk a small chuckle as the music gradually transitioned and Fred Astaire came over the speakers, singing I Won't Dance.
Ryuu Sato-Chiba
Ryuu Sato-Chiba
CHIEF TWINKLE-TOES

-Case File-

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:05 pm

Even as she bit her lower lip, a single tear rolled down that perfected porcelain face, hastily wiping it away as Richard returned with her drink. Dammit, dammit, DAMMIT! She was completely ruining the evening of that lovely family with this! She had to get a grip! She smiled and thanked Richard, starting to slide a bill towards him when he shook his head which made her straighten, eyebrows knitting in confusion. Why couldn't she.... It was the moment that her eyes went wide with realization that familiar elbows leaned on the bar beside her, “Hiro always means well,” Blushing, she first glanced down before her eyes followed his to the dance floor where she saw his parents dancing together so happily. It made her smile sadly, that stone growing bigger and harder to swallow in her throat as she thought of Kaede dancing while her and Ran had sat on the couch and watched, the three of them laughing all the while as his bells jingled in his hair. No more would that happen.

Her head immediately lowered as she gulped down half of the glass, "Thank you for buying my drinks." She murmured softly, a little mollified at how she had imposed herself on them so. “But right now, my concern is one of my guests for the evening seems considerably put out. And all dolled up, at a swingin' place... it's just not the time.” Kasumi slowly turned to him, knowing how futile it was to try to hide just how badly she was hurting from this man. It was habit to hold it all in, not sharing it with anyone but herself since it was her burden to bare. “Things always look better when you can't remember them, but it's only worse when you remember all over again.” That.... was far too true. Though she had already begun to drink a bit more than usual, the pain was constant and would never leave her alone. It didn't matter if she managed to forget for a little while, that godforsaken pain would always remind her of what she had done. Her eyes drifted down towards her hands that trembled so, able to see how they dripped with blood. STOP IT. Sapphire eyes raised to meet his gaze, "I'm a terrible date at the moment its true." She just joked! Although, the taste of it made her immediately flush with color and look away from him out of embarrassment. He was her superior officer by like.... a shit ton of ranks. Don't flirt with him. No matter how pretty and kind he was. "I-I apologize, that was... erm..."

His hand extended towards her as he stepped away from the bar, her cheeks still hot, “Come on. Let's dance.” Eh? She stared at him blankly for a moment as if she hadn't heard him right, but there was no mistaking that she had, in fact, heard him ask her to dance with him. She could feel her one hand resting against the glass of her drink, pausing for a couple of seconds to think before she drained the rest of that martini glass, her other hand already reaching to take his hand as jazz began to purr over the speakers. Maybe it was that last drink, or the joke she made, or maybe Ryuu being Ryuu, but she was suddenly sucked out of the droopy Kasumi and reborn in the meeting of their hands into a completely different woman. She was no longer a woman who turned into a bloodthirsty monster once she saw that crimson, no longer a woman whose hands were stained with the blood of the man she had loved so. And for the first time that evening, a real, big, warm and happy smile rose to her lips as she stared up at Ryuu and followed him towards the dance floor. She was with him tonight, protocol be damned. If she stepped over a boundary, he would tell her and she would back off.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryuu Sato-Chiba Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:41 pm

And music won once again! Ryuu watched as Kasumi downed her drink before grabbing his hand. A beautiful smile lit up her face and it made Ryuu's own smile widen a little. There now! Much better. He had to admit that Kasumi was very beautiful, although he hadn't been lying to his fathers when he said his only love was the dance. He couldn't help that he was picky with his love life. Oh well. He held Kasumi onto the dance fair, casually leading her into the step. She seemed to catch on quickly to the steps he was doing, and when she stumbled up, he was able to help her back into the motions. He was even able to, after a song or two, to step up the complexity of his own dances steps, all while keeping Kasumi at a steady pace.

His feet sailed smoothly across the floor, twisting Kasumi into a spin with ease. He smiled with youthful abandon and he noticed the crowd had picked up. He could practically sense the question looming over the bar to him from Richard. Richard wanted Ryuu to dance. And he would probably oblige. But in the meantime, the third song was ending. He led Kasumi to the edge of the dance floor and back to the booth, where his parents and another drink for Kasumi was waiting. “Now, that was fun.” He smiled at Kasumi. “But if you don't mind too much, I've got to dance a little solo.
Ryuu Sato-Chiba
Ryuu Sato-Chiba
CHIEF TWINKLE-TOES

-Case File-

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:41 am

Oh... right... dancing.... When was the last time that Kasumi had danced to something that wasn't the pounding bass in clubs and other various places. Or even "danced" out of bed.... AHEM! Anyways, she was very grateful for her partners skill because he allowed her to remain as simple as she needed to be while he was displaying his talents on the dance floor. Well now, what was it about her and finding men that knew how to dance? Kaede.... now her boss? Did she have a dancer magnet attached to her that she didn't know about? It was entirely possible, but she certainly wasn't going to complain. She did love a man who was not afraid of the dance floor, and even embraced it. However, she definitely had some moves of her own that came out of whatever dark corner they resided in, answering Ryuu's call. She wasn't nearly as talented as he was, but she definitely was thanking her trainings with the sword for they allowed her to move with grace and fluidity that might not otherwise have been possible. She paled next to him though, and she did not care. Who gave a damn tonight of all nights? Although.... was it alright for her to be enjoying herself so when Kaede was in such a mess?

As that thought hit her, Ryuu was leading her towards the edge of the dance floor, her sapphire eyes glanced between him and his parents. “Now, that was fun.” His smile made her melt a little, Kaede forgotten for a moment. She only stared up at him with a soft little smile, quite content and actually... a little happy. “But if you don't mind too much, I've got to dance a little solo.” She gave his hand a small squeeze before letting go, taking a couple of steps back towards the bar and his parents as she shook her head slightly. "I don't mind at all. Make the stars shine with your moves." And with that, she winked at him and giggled, raising an eyebrow as she heard Richard clear his throat and offer her a fresh Pink Punk Cosmo. "For you miss." "Thank you." She replied as her smile grew, taking it from him between her delicate fingers, taking a sip as she turned to his parents. "He is a remarkable man, I can already tell. You must be very proud."

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryuu Sato-Chiba Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:07 pm

Ryuu gave Kasumi an indulgent smile. Those drinks were starting to get to her, he suspected. Alcohol had a tendency to do that though. He wasn't going to play father figure though and tell her to slow it down. She was a grown woman and fully capable of handling herself or any consequences that her own choices led to. So he settled for going to the bar to have a glass of water while Richard got ready to announce him.

"He is a remarkable man, I can already tell. You must be very proud." Nobou and Hiro both nodded their heads, Hiro watching Ryuu while Nobou turned to look at Kasumi. “We are. It wasn't an easy time to have two dads, but he turned out well considering.” Hiro scoffed a little. “Of course he did. We were fantastic.” Nobou rolled his eyes, “Yes. I know.” The two men settled into their seats and their drinks as Richard made a short annoucement over the loudspeaker. “You all know what tonight is. It's almost time to swing. But first, a special guest has obliged to tap a little.” Ryuu moved from the bar towards the dance floor casually, stopping to shake hands with a couple patrons that recognized him. A steady applause filled the club for a moment as the majority of the crowd understood that the talent had supposedly arrived. Ryuu made a short bow when he got onto the dance floor. The music came over the speakers and without any real effort, his feet began to move.

The dance was short, compared to other nights. Then again, he did have guests. The tap steps weren't as polished as he would've liked, but he wasn't wearing his best tap shoes. However, the polite applause at the beginning turned into a cheering applause once Ryuu had done a final twist to end up seated cross-legged on the floor. He rose with a bright smile and bowed, barely winded. He gestured at the group, and was rewarded with several bar patrons coming up to beginning dance to the swinging beat that came on after he had finished. Ryuu stopped back at the bar momentarily to get another glass of water before returning to his miniature entourage of the evening. He gave them a small, almost weary smile. “Name that movie, Dad.” Hiro beamed up at him. “The Gay Divorcee. Don't think I wouldn't recognize it.” Pleased that his dad still had it, Ryuu sat down.
Ryuu Sato-Chiba
Ryuu Sato-Chiba
CHIEF TWINKLE-TOES

-Case File-

Back to top Go down

Post by Iris Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:09 pm

{BUMP}
Iris
Iris