Modern Day Alchemists
WHY AREN'T YOU SIGNED IN!$#%@? -sends Aurel after you-

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Modern Day Alchemists
WHY AREN'T YOU SIGNED IN!$#%@? -sends Aurel after you-
Modern Day Alchemists
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» This is the end I fear
Sadly for the librarian... (closed) EmptySat Mar 19, 2022 4:18 pm by Reila Tsukino

» Best wishes
Sadly for the librarian... (closed) EmptyThu Sep 17, 2020 12:08 pm by Reila Tsukino

» Simon Eris
Sadly for the librarian... (closed) EmptyFri Nov 15, 2013 1:57 pm by ChaosAlchemist

» Pumpkin Spice
Sadly for the librarian... (closed) EmptyWed Nov 06, 2013 4:13 pm by Rhea Stevenson

» BARBERSHOP BRUNCH, BRO'S.
Sadly for the librarian... (closed) EmptyWed Nov 06, 2013 12:54 pm by Wolfgang Murinyo

» Training Private Daw (Open to Amestrian Militants Only)
Sadly for the librarian... (closed) EmptyMon Nov 04, 2013 6:07 pm by Dawsic

» AKI'S NEW FORUM
Sadly for the librarian... (closed) EmptyMon Oct 21, 2013 12:59 am by Silvac

» Baldursdóttir, Ymir [done]
Sadly for the librarian... (closed) EmptyThu Oct 17, 2013 5:56 pm by Jay Furor

» Practice Makes PERFECTION
Sadly for the librarian... (closed) EmptyMon Oct 14, 2013 11:19 am by Zayne O'Reilly

» Just a Checkup
Sadly for the librarian... (closed) EmptyThu Oct 10, 2013 8:55 am by Crassus

Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 74 on Wed Sep 10, 2014 4:45 am
Join us on Facebook!

Sadly for the librarian... (closed)

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Sadly for the librarian... (closed) Empty Sadly for the librarian... (closed)

Post by Guest Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:31 am

Atlacia stood at her desk. She didn't want to sit anymore. There was no point after five hours of sitting she was becoming anxious and tired. She had almost fallen asleep at her own desk. Most people hated being a librarian, but Atlacia didn't mind, only because it meant fewer people. She didn't like the hustle-bustle of the outside world. Instead, she preferred quiet places with controlled surrounding, and the fact there were so many books around her just made her heart float with happiness. She couldn't help but manage a slight smile. Noone was here right now, because most of the military was out recruiting, so it was almost as if Atlacia was inj her own little land. She closed her eyes contently and sat back down, pulling out a few files. She was basically a walking computer for the military and it was lucky her who was only a sergeant. She felt safe, comfortable and all around just straight happy here. Cloud nine.. the library.

Last edited by Atlacia on Fri Apr 23, 2010 11:10 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Sadly for the librarian... (closed) Empty Re: Sadly for the librarian... (closed)

Post by Guest Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:14 pm

Elliot strolled into the library, looking around in the quiet room.
She knew who was in here, even if it seemed like no one was. She walked up to her new friend's desk, set her hand on it, and continued to look around the area.
Her eyes moved to behind her, spotting the brown haired librarian.
"Hello Atlacia..." She finally stated, still a little hesitant when she called her name for the second time.

Back to top Go down

Sadly for the librarian... (closed) Empty Re: Sadly for the librarian... (closed)

Post by Guest Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:22 pm

Atlacia blinked and looked up, instantly recognizing her newest of her friends. Such a weird, forign word to her, but it seemed lately that it was more of accepted people. The few people that she would allow in her life or allow to even touch her life. Friend was a strong word anymore and she wouldn't be able to show her scars for a long time it seemed. However she would bare words of wisdom and spend time with this woman. She could learn from her what it was like to be happy. Maybe it would be like being around her best friend, Shan. The only one who knew all the dark secrets of her past. "Hey Elli." She said with a lack of energy. She hadn't spoken in hours so her voice almost didn't even come.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:35 pm

Elli...there we go with that nickname again... Elliot sighed in her mind. This wasn't the first time that she called her this, obviously.
"Do you get enough sleep at night? You sound exausted," She moved to a shelf, picked up a book, and flipped it open.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:39 pm

Atlacia rubbed her throat and laughed nervously, obviously embaressed by her squeak of a response. "Yea.. I just didn't expect to see anyone today. It's been rather quiet so I didn't think I'd have to speak." Her words seemed to run together slightly as she held a thoughtful expression on her face. "Anyways, it's great to see you! How are you doing, might I ask?" She changed the subject, she hated talking about herself. There was never anything interesting to say.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:48 pm

"I'm fine, thank you for asking. Nothing interesting has happened. And it's nice...to see you, too," Elliot wasn't used to this. She doesn't have many friends, for family past reasons.
But, still, it's nice to have at least one friend. Especially one that's similar to her, if only a little.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:50 pm

Atlacia got up from her seat and smiled almost warmly, the lighting seeming to make her scar shine on her eyebrow extremely noticeably for once. "Come for a book?" She asked as she nodded towards the rows of books, then turned to a filing cabinet "Or perhaps information? I'm an open book to my senior officers." Her smile was still warm. She didn't mind the fact she was a low rank, not one bit. It meant less stress for her already over-stressed self.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:59 pm

"No need for that," Elliot shut the book she was already done skimming and put it back on it's shelf.
"I only came here to look around. That, and I knew you would be here, so I decided to stop and take a visit."
Obviously this was still unlike her normal self. But, it was Atlacia, after all. And these two seemed to share a bond that no one really could understand, not even Elliot herself. She didn't care if she didn't understand it, she liked it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 23, 2010 9:03 pm

Atlacia gave a bright smile, flattered. "Thank you! Noone other than Spencer has visited me at work before." She tilted her head slightly, giving a short laugh. She covered her mouth quyickly, instantly hating herself. Her laugh was awful! It sound like a mix between a Hyena and a woodpecker.. or at least that's what she told herself. "What were you reading?" She asked quickly, as if jumping over a hurdle before anyone would notice.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 23, 2010 9:20 pm

Elliot, now her eyes an amused pink, smiled at Atlacia with satisfaction.
"Now why did you stop laughing? I think it's rather...cute,"
She wasn't lying; she really did find it adorable. As adorable as the little calico kitten that hid in her apartment until she started taking care of it and keeping it around as a pet.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 23, 2010 9:24 pm

Atlacia crinkled her nose like a rabbit. "I hate my laugh it sounds like a woodpecker and sometimes a hyena." She facepalmed, blushing with humiliation. "People always laugh at me because I laugh." She adjusted her glasses and sighed realizing she had just smeared fingerprits on them. Taking them off, she breathed on them, the steam coveing them, then she wiped them off on her jacket and placed them back on her face after a few seconds of adjusting. "That's better.."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 23, 2010 9:39 pm

"Well, I'm not laughing, am I?" Elliot let out only a slight chuckle, her eyes still pink. What she didn't like was that Atlacia was putting herself down. She hated that in anyone.
"Do not put yourself down like that, it will only cause more problems, I assure you."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 23, 2010 9:42 pm

Atlacia laughed softly, "Forcive habit." She whispered and ran her fingers along the spine of a book. She had grown up being put down so when there was noone there to put her down, she had to do it herself. It was in her own way a way of keeping herself in place, binding herself with her own words and possible suffocating her own potential.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 23, 2010 9:49 pm

"I see..." Elliot's eyes turned back into her usual cold gray. "Then maybe you should learn new habits. And I may be the first to teach you this." Believe it or not, this is actually an offer. She's not stating, she's asking in her own way.
She looked to Atlacia's eyes, showing she meant what she said.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 23, 2010 9:53 pm

Atlacia smiled "It's a tough job should you chose to except." Her voice was soft and fluid. She had to think this over. "I need some time.. change is very hard to my kind of personality and old habits die hard."
Suddenly she felt like someone just stabbed at her head and she crumbled to her knees clenching the sides of her head.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 23, 2010 10:15 pm

Elliot calmly bent down toward Atlacia. She may have looked calm, but her newly turqoise eyes showed concern.
"What's wrong, Atlacia?" Even her voice, you could tell, held concern for her new friend.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 23, 2010 10:17 pm

Atlacia groaned and panted as if in a lot of pain. Well.. she was. The pain was excrutiating and it throbbed in her head like a mad fire. She stayed silent, still and vigid as her eyes clenched closed and her teeth gritted, fighting it off. Damn.. forgot... my.. piulls... Spence'll kill me... If this doesn't..

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 23, 2010 10:22 pm

Elliot laid a hand on the girl's shoulder, still showing obvious concern. The blonde nineteen year old would do anything for Atlacia at this moment.
"Do you need anything?" She finally asked after a few moments.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 23, 2010 10:28 pm

Atlacia huffed heavily, still in pain. "P-Pills." She said in between gasps for air. Her brow was furrowed as she pointed slowly to the desk. "D-Drawer get m-meh pills puh-lease." She whimpered her body felt like a vessel for lightning. She really needed to learn to take her pills on time.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 23, 2010 10:33 pm

Elliot stood up quickly and rushed to the drawer. She opened it and found a pill bottle. She picked it up and handed it to Atlacia whom was on the ground, still in pain.
This really showed that she was worried and concerned. Her eyes still showed the same turqoise, and it would stay the same until the girl's pain went away.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 23, 2010 10:37 pm

Atlacia struggled to open the bottle before popping it open and placing a pill in her mouth. She groaned it wuld be a good view minutes before it kicked in. Damnit.. Spencer where are you? You're supposed to be keeping me in line! She felt tears in her eyes both from pain and from hurt. She didn't know what to do.. she felt ripped apart, not ready to have her weakness showing there like an open book

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 23, 2010 10:47 pm

Elliot for some reason hated seeing Atlacia in pain like this.
How much more out of character is this nineteen year old going to get?
These emotions just seemed to pop out of nowhere in front of her. It was just so strange of her...
And to think she promised herself years ago that she wouldn't trust anyone as much as she did her mother when she was little...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 23, 2010 10:52 pm

Atlacia sat there like that for a good ten minutes before she managed to swallow up the pain. "Sorry.. you had to see that.." Her breath faultered some. She was in much less pain, but for another twenty minutes she would just have a tinge rather than the excrutiating of it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 23, 2010 11:06 pm

"What was wrong, anyway, Atlacia?" Maybe Elliot was a little too quick to ask that. And maybe a little too eager to, as well. Atlacia is her friend, though, after all. She should be able to know.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 23, 2010 11:08 pm

Atlacia sighed and stood up. "I-I need to go.." She turned to her friend and bowed, her whole body shaking. She had to get away, nervous and scared. She was running away... she didn't want to put her barrier down.
(Topic exit. sorry only one topic at a time -.-; and I'm needed elsewhere XD )

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next