Modern Day Alchemists
WHY AREN'T YOU SIGNED IN!$#%@? -sends Aurel after you-

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Modern Day Alchemists
WHY AREN'T YOU SIGNED IN!$#%@? -sends Aurel after you-
Modern Day Alchemists
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» This is the end I fear
The Rise of the Han (Take, Xan, Invite Only) EmptySat Mar 19, 2022 4:18 pm by Reila Tsukino

» Best wishes
The Rise of the Han (Take, Xan, Invite Only) EmptyThu Sep 17, 2020 12:08 pm by Reila Tsukino

» Simon Eris
The Rise of the Han (Take, Xan, Invite Only) EmptyFri Nov 15, 2013 1:57 pm by ChaosAlchemist

» Pumpkin Spice
The Rise of the Han (Take, Xan, Invite Only) EmptyWed Nov 06, 2013 4:13 pm by Rhea Stevenson

» BARBERSHOP BRUNCH, BRO'S.
The Rise of the Han (Take, Xan, Invite Only) EmptyWed Nov 06, 2013 12:54 pm by Wolfgang Murinyo

» Training Private Daw (Open to Amestrian Militants Only)
The Rise of the Han (Take, Xan, Invite Only) EmptyMon Nov 04, 2013 6:07 pm by Dawsic

» AKI'S NEW FORUM
The Rise of the Han (Take, Xan, Invite Only) EmptyMon Oct 21, 2013 12:59 am by Silvac

» Baldursdóttir, Ymir [done]
The Rise of the Han (Take, Xan, Invite Only) EmptyThu Oct 17, 2013 5:56 pm by Jay Furor

» Practice Makes PERFECTION
The Rise of the Han (Take, Xan, Invite Only) EmptyMon Oct 14, 2013 11:19 am by Zayne O'Reilly

» Just a Checkup
The Rise of the Han (Take, Xan, Invite Only) EmptyThu Oct 10, 2013 8:55 am by Crassus

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 74 on Wed Sep 10, 2014 4:45 am
Join us on Facebook!

The Rise of the Han (Take, Xan, Invite Only)

Go down

The Rise of the Han (Take, Xan, Invite Only) Empty The Rise of the Han (Take, Xan, Invite Only)

Post by Guest Tue Aug 10, 2010 4:34 pm

Takegami sat in the garden of cherry blossom trees on the pagoda, which was in the middle of a lake, and watched down the concrete walkway which led from the earth to the center of the artificial lake where the pagoda sat. He held in his hands a cup of warm, tisane made from chrysanthemum flowers. He sipped the smooth tea lightly, feeling the warmth of the liquid slide down his throat and bring about a calming sensation about his body. The waves of the lake gently brushed back and forth, however, never came to the surface of the pagoda, as it was raised to avoid allowing water to seep onto it. Takegami wore his casual clothing on days where the winter harshly punished the lands of Xing. These commoner clothings cosisted of a sky blue jacket, a tight black shirt, leather pants, and black heels. His long purple hair was worn completly down, and any hair ornaments he wore were removed. He bore a calm, calculating expression on his face, and wore his sky blue jacket slightly off of his shoulder as a female servant rested her head on his shoulder and fed him a slice of a strawberry. To his left were two shamisen players and a female fllute player who played beautiful music for him, while on his right was a drummer who also played in tune with the other band members.

Now, why was Takegami sitting out in the middle of a snowy cherry blossom garden in the center of a lake? Why, he was waiting for company from a certain figure whom he had contacted to speak with about certain matters pertaining to a very important figure within a foreign military. Takegami watched as his guards stood at the door watching over the dirt path that led any travellers through the pass to the palace of the Xingese Emperor, Takegami Tejirou. Takegami watched this path closely, listening to the music and enjoying his tea, however, his focus suddenly became distracted when his daughter ran over and handed him a cherry blossom, claiming that she picked it just for him. Takegami accepted her gift and placed it in his hair and smiled at the sweet girl who ran out to play in the snowy garden. Returning his attention towards the mountain path, Takegami looked at the grey skies over the many mountains known as the mountain range Mount Huang. Clouds engulfed the top of the mountains, making a thick grey sky over some areas. The lily pads on the lake were covered with snow, along with the roof of the pagoda and the earth itself. The cherry blossoms, however unusual it was, were in full winter blossom around this point and time.

"He's here..."

Takegami slowly arose to his feet and placed his hand on his top sword, mingxing, and watched the path closely, awaiting the arrival of the figure known as Xanthus Icarus. This would truly be an interesting meeting...

Back to top Go down

The Rise of the Han (Take, Xan, Invite Only) Empty Re: The Rise of the Han (Take, Xan, Invite Only)

Post by Xan Tue Aug 10, 2010 7:24 pm

Xanthus Icarus, the Infinity Alchemist, could be heard coming from quite a distance away; he was mounted on top of his jet black horse, Diligence, and the beast had no orders from its master to approach its destination with any stealth, so it did not bother to do so. The Ishvallan had been summoned to Xing by none other than the Emperor himself, and thus found himself in the eastern country in the midst of a light snowfall. Xan smiled. Compared to what he had endured at Briggs, this snow was more than just pleasant, it was simply divine. The Ishvallan sighed, thinking about the massive difference, then looked around. 'Ah, I think that I have arrived.'

Xan commanded Diligence to halt, and the horse complied. In the middle of a lake surrounded by a beautiful cherry blossom garden stood a pagoda, and standing on the pagoda with one hand on top of his sword was the Emperor of Xing, Takegami Tejirou.

The Infinity Alchemist lightly tapped the handle of his own sword, Vigilance, with a loving smile on his face. He had just had the blade forged before he left Amestris, and it was quite a masterpiece, judging by the way its creator had charged the alchemist two fortunes, and then cried with happy tears after the Ishvallan had left the store. The blade was now resting in its sheath on Xan's back, and the Ishvallan doubted that there would be a need to unsheathe the sword today.

Xan dismounted Diligence and patting the horse's head lovingly, commanded the beast to stay in the garden, but not to wander any further unless called. The horse whinnied, which Xan took as an affirmation, and walked slowly deeper into the cherry blossom garden.

Seeing that his horse would obey, Xan walked at a calm pace to the pagoda, and upon arrival, bowed reverently to the Emperor, in the fashion of one of his own citizens.

Greetings, Emperor Tejirou. I am Xanthus Icarus, the Infinity Alchemist.

{New Outfit and Vigilance:}
Spoiler:

{Diligence:}
Spoiler:
Xan
Xan
PENDING

-Case File-
Level: 4
Writer:

Back to top Go down

The Rise of the Han (Take, Xan, Invite Only) Empty Re: The Rise of the Han (Take, Xan, Invite Only)

Post by Guest Tue Aug 10, 2010 7:51 pm

Takegami watched as the figure slowly approached the pagoda, walking at a calm pace. His fashionable arrival was rather noteable, and indeed showed that he may be a man of skill. After his guest arrived, Takegami bowed slightly, and Xanthus did so in return. Takegami motioned for his guest to sit down, and took the initiative by taking his seat on the pillow first, pouring them both a cup of tea. He grabbed his cup with both hands and sipped the tea lightly before returning his gaze to the man in a rather rogue like uniform. He bore a calm smile, and his eyes slendered, yet they were very gentle at the sametime.

"Welcome, Xanthus Icarus. I'm glad you have accepted my invitation. I hope your journey here was not of any inconvience?"

Takegami clmly sipped his tea and looked at his surroundings. The beauty of the lake, which carried hundreds of lily pads, despite the lakes large size, made it seem like a pond. He turned his attention towards his daughter who ran over to Xanthus, and handed him a cherry blossom aswell and ran off. She waved at her father and went over to Takegami's own snow white steed, which played with the little girl. He sipped his tea lightly, listening to each note played by the instrumentalists. He chuckled slightly before sipping his tea once more and turned his attention back to his guest.

"Xanthus, I hear word that you are raising a rebellion against Amestris. I do ot condone such an action, however, I do support your campaign against the Fuhrer. Forgive me, if I am wrong, but I feel I must speak my mind. The Fuhrer... there is something not right about him. His actions, along with the movements of the Amestrian military often lead to chaos and random disputes over things that didn't seem to matter until a name was slapped onto it. I believe that there is a darker force behind this... and I believe you know exactly what I mean."

Takegami stood up and walked over to the railing of the pagoda and looked out at the landscape. Snow fell from the skies as if they were pieces of paper, and the mountains seemed to be the color purple, all because of the gray clouds that hovered around them. Trees could be seen for miles and miles, no signs of civilization anywhere near. Why? Simply because of where Takegami placed himself. He turned back to Xanthus, his eyes staring right into the mans.

"I'm sure you know the history of this land, as you seem like the type to pay close attention to those who surround you, as do I. We are both alike, which is why I believe that your action may be what is right for the land. I ask if you will accept my aid... Xanthus."

Back to top Go down

Post by Xan Tue Aug 10, 2010 8:18 pm

Xanthus took a seat when he was motioned to by the Emperor, then reached forward and gently grabbed the tea that was offered to him with one hand. Taking a sip, he noted that it was delicious in flavor, a tea made from the chrysanthemum flower. 'The Emperor has brilliant taste in tea. I should tell him that when this meeting is over.'

Your Excellency, it was my honor to be invited to Xing, and it was of no inconvenience.

The Ishvallan had told no lies. He had really been doing nothing, except for awaiting either a summons from the Fuhrer (which he was hoping never to receive again), or an opportunity to find new allies, which is why he was slightly surprised by the irony of what the Emperor then said.

Apparently, the ways of the Amestrian military and the policies of its Fuhrer had become quite infamous even here in Xing. This did not surprise Xan in the least, as the corruption of the military was commonly discussed among the civilians of Amestris. No, what surprised Xan, though he did not show it, was the fact that the Emperor had said that there was a 'darker force' behind everything, and then guessed that Xan knew what he meant...which he did.

The Ishvallan stared out into the lake for a moment, thinking of an appropriate response while staring at the lily pads coated with snow, until Takegami once again spoke, this time offering aid.

Before I give an answer to the 'darker force' that controls the military of Amestris like puppets, I must say that Your Excellency has remarkable spies indeed. Not even the craftiest of the citizenry nor the greatest of the military tacticians and strategists have been able to find out about my little secret. I dare not deny the truth, for you already seem to know your information is true. Yes, I am slowly raising a rebellion. Your offer of aid is most appreciated, and I would gladly accept, but first I would ask why your Excellency would involve himself in the affairs of Amestris?
Xan
Xan
PENDING

-Case File-
Writer:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 10, 2010 11:32 pm

Takegami looked over at his daughter when Xanthus asked him why he would involve himself in such a battle, yet there were so many reasons. So far, Xanthus had been telling nothing but the truth, in Takegami's eyes. He leaned against the railing, listening to the music which enchanted his mind, and snapped his fingers, ordering his guard to rush over to the two of them. He stopped at the entrance of the pagoda and bowed to them both before asking of Takegami's wants and needs. Takegami simply instructed him to fetch a go board. The man took off running to the pavillion over near the far left of the garden. The man, and the other guard, came rushing over with the go board and placed it on the table before Takegami and Xanthus.

"War is like a game of go... If you move your pieces wisely, you may have an atari, however, if you make the wrong move, even if its only one spot away, you'll be in ipponmachi."

Takegami started placing six black stones on the board in columns, and started recreating a game of his in the past. He played each piece with quick movements, the pattern seeming like a whirling tornado after black had sacraficed so many soldiers just to capture ten white stones. Takegami sighed when he placed one stone down in position that made him quote himself...

"Sangen Basami..."

When he said that final word, black put one stone down in an event to sacrafice thirty of it own for it to be able to retain atleast twelve spaces... however, white had moved in atari, cutting off black stones' plans. In the end, black was wiped completly from the board and white won with a full field capture and a full board count win. Takegami sighed and looked back up at Xanthus, his eyes slendering slightly.

"What i just showed you was a game i played against the Fuhrer a few weeks ago. He intends to put as many sacrafices on this field as he can to capture each nation one at a time... This sacrafice includes any who are his allies, along with the civillians of each nation. I will not allow my people to be killed for one man. This is why i fight against the fuhrer... why i have come to you..."

Back to top Go down

Post by Xan Tue Aug 10, 2010 11:48 pm

When Take's guard had arrived to hear the Emperor's command, Xan's hand had twitched. It was but the tiniest of movements, but it was there nonetheless. 'Hmm...my life has of late turned me into a more careful and suspicious man. Either that, or I'm becoming more wise about the ways of the world. Heh, why can the answer not the both?' Xan's musings were interrupted when the Emperor started to play his board game. The Ishvallan's eyes never left the game board, and he payed close attention, knowing that there was to be a point afterwards. His patience was rewarded when the Emperor told him his opinion of the Fuhrer's plans.

'Ah, so my suspicions were indeed correct I see, for both myself and Takegami of Xing could not be wrong in matters such as these. I seem to have chosen my path correctly...Hmm...but what's this? Another crossroads? Here is a great opportunity for me to obtain what could be my most powerful ally of all. Hmph, there is no fork in the road here, just many ways forwards.'

Xanthus took another sip of tea.

I agree with you wholeheartedly your Excellency. The Many can not be allowed to be sacrificed to fulfill the sinful ambitions of the One. That is why I would be honored to accept whatever aid that you can give me against the Fuhrer. For as long as the evil that is the Fuhrer remains alive, Amestris, Creta, Drachma, Aerugo, Ishbal, and even Xing are covered by a shadow of doom. However, with our forces and powers combined, he will fall...

The Ishvallan took another sip of his tea when his speech had ended.

Ah, one must never underestimate the power of delicious tea. You have fine taste, your Excellency.
Xan
Xan
PENDING

-Case File-
Writer:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 11, 2010 12:06 am

Takegami bowed slightly, thanking the man for his comment on Takegami's tea. He figured this was a man of fine tastes. So why not make the finest tea? Takegami then looked back out at the eventful garden before his mouth twitched, a smile being restrained by Takegami to keep himself from smiling. He slowly arose back to his feet and placed one hand on his blade, resting it there carefully. He stared at the mountains in the sky once more before he spoke, his voice calm and calculating. His thoughts rained with strategies, plans, and what the future held for him. Takegami turned back to Xan with a warm smile on his face as a chilling wind blew through the area, lifting Takegami's long, violet colored hair.

"Xanthus, I see that you are in a hurry to leave... but why not stay a while? There is still much to be discussed... and I would be ashamed if you left without a little duel, ne?"

When Takegami said this he sat down beside Xan and leaned against the man, his finger strolling down the side of his cheek. Takegami chuckled slightly before speaking, his voice high and feminine like, right before he laid his head on Xanthus' chest

"What do you say? One little match... no alchemy, no alkahestry, just our hands and our weapons..."

Takegami had always wanted to duel someone on his level, and if this man was going to beat the Fuhrer, he needed to have skills in both fighting without the use of alkahestry, and fighting with it. Takegami grabbed Xanthus' tea and sipped it lightly, his free hand laid against the man's chest.

Back to top Go down

Post by Xan Wed Aug 11, 2010 12:31 am

Xanthus tensed up in surprise when Takegami's finger strolled down his cheek. But by the time that the man had placed his head upon the Ishvallan's chest, Xan had relaxed again. He smiled lightly at Take's challenge, then began to chuckle.

Your Excellency, it would be a privilege and an honor to have a friendly duel with you. Where is this duel to take place?

The Ishvallan relaxed completely, enjoying the feel of a warm body like Takegami's against his own. As he stared out upon the lake, Xan began to think about the different styles of swordplay he had mastered, and about certain tactics that could be used in a duel with swords. He had no doubt that the Emperor would be a formidable opponent, and thus wanted to be prepared mentally for whatever would be thrown his way.

'If I can win this duel, or it ends in a tie, I'll know that I'll have what it takes to handle the Fuhrer's best melee warriors when the time comes. I know that he has some, as I trained alongside them when I became Famine. Oh well, I suppose that the class reunion will be dramatic huh?'

Xan
Xan
PENDING

-Case File-
Writer:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 11, 2010 12:44 am

[size=9]Takegami placed his guests' cup back on the table and pointed at the garden around them. This beauty was the perfect place to duel... the perfect place to spill blood in a beautiful dance. However, since this was a friendly spar, spilling blood was a no no, unfortunately for Takegami, who enjoyed lashing out with the intent to cause major damage. He smiled warmly and looked up at Xan who agreed to the challenge, and Takegami simply slendered his eyes, which showed signs of care and warmth. His guard slowly approached and handed him a small purple flower known as Kalmia. This flower was said to be toxic if eaten, and even more dangerous when take in large doses. The plant known to drive man to the brink o insanity, and for nearly fifteen years now, Takegami had been eating this plant. He bit into the flower, chewing on the soft petals one by one, enjoying their taste.

"When this is all over... I'd like for you to visit Xing again sometime. It'd be nice to have a cup of tea and relax... Now, let's begin."

After he finished the kalmia, Takegami slowly arose to his feet and walked down the end of the concrete walkway that led back to the earth. He looked at Xanthus and placed one hand on his top blade, mingxing, and awaited his opponents movement. He had been practicing a style known as lightfoot, and hopefully it would be a match for his opponent. He stood there in silence and watched as the snow gently fell between the two. Suddenly, the instrumentalists began playing a calming theme, the koto player being doing the most playing while the others watched.

"Let's try to avoid killing eachother and doing any major damage. Agreed?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Xan Thu Aug 12, 2010 11:15 pm

Xanthus nodded when Takegami pointed to the cherry blossom garden. The trees were in a winter bloom, and their leaves falling with the snow made for a scene that was aesthetically pleasing to the Ishvallan. It would be an excellent location for this duel, and Xan approved of it highly. A second nod was joined by a warm smile when the Emperor invited Xan to return to Xing for tea and relaxation someday.

I will return someday Emperor Tejirou, as Xing is a wondrous country, exotic and flavorful as opposed to Amestris, which has become less pleasing to my eyes of late. It is always good to relax in such a country, especially when one is offered tea from one with such brilliant tastes as yourself.

Xanthus stood up and watched as the Emperor walked down the concrete bridge that connected the pagoda with the mainland, snow falling all around him onto the walkway and into the river to mingle with the lily pads. When he reached the end of the bridge, the Emperor turned and placed his hand on his top blade and announced a rule of no major wounds or deaths allowed, which was fine by Xanthus. This was simply a friendly duel after all.

The Infinity Alchemist placed his right hand on his sword, Vigilance, and began to slowly walk across the bridge. He'd been perfecting a new style for his own personal use that he had nicknamed 'Eternal Vigil.' It would be excellent to finally get a chance to test it upon a real opponent, even if he couldn't actually deal any real damage.

The music around the Emperor and the Infinity Alchemist changed suddenly to a calming theme...

A calm before the storm? Or is it to be the theme of two minds being locked in deadly tactical combat? This man will be as worthy an opponent as I have ever faced, and I must be prepared. It's good that I do my best work with theme music in the background.
Xan
Xan
PENDING

-Case File-
Writer:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 13, 2010 1:15 am

Takegami's hair lifted as a chilling wind blew through the area and left a small whisper of excitement his left ear. He looked to the heavens and chuckled slightly before he looked back at Xanthus, slowly drawing mingxing. He looked his opponent in the eye, and bowed slightly in honor before he drew his second sword, chongsheng. Both blades seemed to glisten and shine, despite the disappearance of the sun behid the dark grey clouds and light mist that engulfed the mountains and the garden. He gracefully spun around and landed in a battle stance in which one blade was raised level with his face, and the other raised at the same level, yet pointed downward with an akward position of the wrist poiting it downward. Along with these movements, he stood on one foot, and was backwards, yet bending over backwards so he could see his opponent. A truly akward battle stance, he smirked and then spoke in a calming voice.

"My lady... why not sing for us?"

The woman who sat with Takegami earlier slowly bowed to her emperor and did as she was told, singing a well known tune in Xing. The Sight of Beauty. Only two groups played in the beginning, which was the Guqin and bells, however, they were joined by the shamisen soon afterwards. Takegami listened to ech note, hearing the beauty of the womans voice, and couldn't help but smirk only for a second. He then jumped off of his one foot and spun before landing on both feet and in a well known Auregese battle stance created by the famous Musashi Miyamoto. He motioned for his opponent before falling back into his Xingese martial arts stance, which is where he was bending over backwards. Why had he dropped his stance before? Only to motion for his daughter to retreat to safety incase something happened. In a middle of a fight between the Emperor and an unknown figure, his wife, daughter, or his special guard could walk in and see it far diffrently from those who witnessed the challenge. If that was the case, fighting might outbreak in a serious matter and endanger Kii. He smiled at the little girl before his eyes drifted back onto Xan.

"You may move first, Xanthus..."

You said you liked the theme music XD

Back to top Go down

Post by Xan Sat Aug 14, 2010 4:53 pm

The Emperor assumed a battle stance, changed it to a different stance, then reassumed the same stance again in rapid succession in the moments that it had taken Xan to cross the majority of the bridge. The Ishvallan had almost reached the Emperor when he heard that the first move was to be his. Nodding, Xan drew Vigilance in one fluid motion; the blade glistening in a narrow ray of sunlight that had managed to peak through the clouds and mist around the garden. The Ishvallan held the blade in the air for one moment to admire its beauty, then put it behind his back in a reverse grip. From here, Xan crouched down slightly, closed his eyes, and began breathing in and out deeply, becoming even more calm than usual and broadening his awareness, though his main focus was on Takegami.

He was now only two meters away...

Then, in an instant, Xan opened his eyes and began to run at Take, closing the distance between the two rapidly. Reaching with his left hand into a pouch on his back, Xan brought out a kunai and threw it at Take, following that up by bringing his sword from behind his back in a downward diagonal swing that was aimed at the Emperor's right shoulder.
Xan
Xan
PENDING

-Case File-
Writer:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 14, 2010 5:26 pm

Takegami watched as Xan drew his blade, and took a calm breath before the man ran at him, closing the distance between the two. When the dagger was launched, Takegami spun around it and returned to his original stance. When Xan came within a meter of Takegami, he jumped off of his one foot and spun in the air, bringing one blade upward to direct Xan's blade downward and to the left towards the ground, while the other aimed for a slash through Xanthus' chest. He also pushed off the ground after throwing Xan's attack off target with his sword, causing him to glide upward. He then attempted to kick off his opponents shoulder, and push so Takegami could glide backwards. However, he instead connected with his blae and glided two feet backwards before jumping upward and turning around, stroking his blade further, allowing him to glide three more meters from his previous position.

"It's the great, the beautiful, the strongest... Me!"

Takegami looked back at Xanthus, and skillfully twirled chongsheng until he held it in a reverse style behind his back, copying Xanthus' stance point for point, excluding mingxing which rested in his other hand, pointing at the ground.

Back to top Go down

Post by Xan Sat Aug 14, 2010 5:47 pm

The Ishvallan felt, rather than saw his blade being deflected, and rapidly deduced that he would not be able to bring it back up in time to block the sword headed for his chest. Instead, he raised his left arm and Take's blade was met not with flesh, but with a metal vambrace that deflected it. The Ishvallan smiled at the vambrace before returning his attention to Takegami, who was now three meters away. With a small grimace, Xanthus reached into a secret space built into his right sleeve and removed four senbon needles and brought his sword back into position behind him.

Good grief, this may be trouble indeed.

Xan threw the senbon needles at Take's torso, then rushed in behind them. Not stopping to make sure they hit, and furthermore doubting that they did, Xan jumped over Take, spinning when he was behind the Emperor and bringing his sword down in an arc in front of him. A basic sword technique yes, but then again, Xan was only just beginning to get warmed up. The real battle could commence in a few moments depending on how Take reacted.

Then again, I always thought that trouble was rather amusing.
Xan
Xan
PENDING

-Case File-
Writer:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 14, 2010 6:12 pm

Takegami quickly took mingxing and slashed at the senbon, and twisted his body so that Xanthus' blade clashed with Chongsheng. Takegami yawned and kicked his feet off that ground, causing him to glide to the left, away from Xanthus. Takegami pushed his blade upward and brought mingxing upward aswell and slashed at Xanthus' chest once more. As he did so, it seemed as if he floated on his back in the air and glided four meters away.

"what folly..."

Takegami smirked and began to twirl both jian swords skillfully. He started to jump lightly and held both blades in reverse style, almost as if they were tonfa. He awaited his opponents next move with anticipation and planning. This should be fun.

Back to top Go down

Post by Xan Sat Aug 14, 2010 6:28 pm

The Ishvallan's sword was deflected again, and he noticed that his senbon attack had failed. So far, nothing unexpected had happened. Take was apparently a skilled swordsman, as an Emperor should be. Was it time to get serious yet? Of course not, because then Eternal Vigil would eventually melt into Xan's second style, which he simply called Sentinel. If that happened, then the one of the main points for this duel would have been completely lost.

Taking another deep, calming, and relaxing breath Xan looked at the ground around him for the kunai that he threw earlier. He was rewarded when he saw the handle and part of the blade sticking out from underneath a few inches of snow. Pulling it out, Xanthus turned it and Vigilance around and, placing them in a reverse grip, put them both behind his back.

The Ishvallan stopped to think for a moment, then began to speak aloud quietly to himself.

Let's see, neither of us is using alchemy or alkahestry, the Emperor has not yet revealed any hidden weapons, and he apparently favors defense. In that case, I'll stand here for a moment and see if he doesn't attack me where I'm standing.
Xan
Xan
PENDING

-Case File-
Writer:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 16, 2010 3:51 am

Takegami watched as his opponent moved to take his kunai back, and put both his weapons in a reverse grip and speak aloud of his plan. Takegami, who was intrigued by his guest, simply smirked slightly and decided he'd do as the man suggested. He quickly snapped his fingers, and a guard threw his spear at the Emperor with great strength. This spear struck the ground before Takegami, and seemed to glisten in the little rays of sunlight that snuck pass the clouds for only a second. Takegami sheathed both his blades and slowly walked before the spear and pulled it out of the ground and twirled it above his head for a slight moment before bringing it down in a crushing matter.

"My ancestors have trained and learned from Zhao Zilong, Lu Bu, and the great Guan Yu and Zhang Fei. My experience with weapons are at high limits, so I ask you one favor... Give it your all. Show me the Xanthus that will bring down Father... even if it means you must send me the deathblow. I need proof that you can hold your own before I join you..."

Having said that, he charged at Xanthus, and began striking forward, aiming for various pressure points. He also seemed to do broad swings with the spear, striking upward first, then making a wide swipe towards Xanthus' stomach area. His movements were quick and precise, despite the size and weight of the spear. His training was not for child's play, but rather for moments to show true power and kill those who opposed his rule.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down