Modern Day Alchemists
WHY AREN'T YOU SIGNED IN!$#%@? -sends Aurel after you-

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Modern Day Alchemists
WHY AREN'T YOU SIGNED IN!$#%@? -sends Aurel after you-
Modern Day Alchemists
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» This is the end I fear
Galicia, Isabella (revised for level 3) EmptySat Mar 19, 2022 4:18 pm by Reila Tsukino

» Best wishes
Galicia, Isabella (revised for level 3) EmptyThu Sep 17, 2020 12:08 pm by Reila Tsukino

» Simon Eris
Galicia, Isabella (revised for level 3) EmptyFri Nov 15, 2013 1:57 pm by ChaosAlchemist

» Pumpkin Spice
Galicia, Isabella (revised for level 3) EmptyWed Nov 06, 2013 4:13 pm by Rhea Stevenson

» BARBERSHOP BRUNCH, BRO'S.
Galicia, Isabella (revised for level 3) EmptyWed Nov 06, 2013 12:54 pm by Wolfgang Murinyo

» Training Private Daw (Open to Amestrian Militants Only)
Galicia, Isabella (revised for level 3) EmptyMon Nov 04, 2013 6:07 pm by Dawsic

» AKI'S NEW FORUM
Galicia, Isabella (revised for level 3) EmptyMon Oct 21, 2013 12:59 am by Silvac

» Baldursdóttir, Ymir [done]
Galicia, Isabella (revised for level 3) EmptyThu Oct 17, 2013 5:56 pm by Jay Furor

» Practice Makes PERFECTION
Galicia, Isabella (revised for level 3) EmptyMon Oct 14, 2013 11:19 am by Zayne O'Reilly

» Just a Checkup
Galicia, Isabella (revised for level 3) EmptyThu Oct 10, 2013 8:55 am by Crassus

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 74 on Wed Sep 10, 2014 4:45 am
Join us on Facebook!

Galicia, Isabella (revised for level 3)

2 posters

Go down

Galicia, Isabella (revised for level 3) Empty Galicia, Isabella (revised for level 3)

Post by Guest Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:33 am

CASE FILE: Alchemist/Amestrian Militant
Galicia, Isabella (revised for level 3) 2nixn42 Galicia, Isabella (revised for level 3) 2nixn42 Galicia, Isabella (revised for level 3) 2nixn42
"To move forward with my life, I will sacrifice my past without a second thought."

FULL NAME:
Isabella Maria Galicia

SEX:
Female

BIRTH PLACE:
Rush Valley

RACE:
Amestrian

DATE OF BIRTH:
April 9, 1990

HEIGHT:
162.5 cm.

WEIGHT:
58 kg.

PICTURE:
Spoiler:

DESCRIPTION:
Isabella is a bit short, though she is slender and appears agile, with toned muscles. Her tan skin makes her appear as though she has foreign blood in her, which she received from her Spanish father. Her eyes are strangely copper in color, and are neither warm and inviting nor cold and hard, but, rather, distant, much like she is perpetually distracted or staring beyond the horizon. Her blonde hair, which she got from her mother's side, is cut short going no farther than her shoulders in the back.

When she first meets someone, she will smile and speak in a pleasant tone. However, that smile will quickly fade away. When engaged in a conversation or stressed, she will often fidget, rubbing her fingers together, shifting from side-to-side slightly, or sometimes spinning a pen, pencil, or similar object between fingers.

Her style of dress is what she'd refer to as "practical." When working with her hands, she often wears boots, denim jeans, black chaps, and a gray tank top for their simplicity and practicality. When not doing any manual labor, she prefers a pair of cargo pants, a simple top, and running shoes. In either state of dress, she often has storage bags, cases, and holsters on her belt, often full of small items she either finds useful or simply likes to have handy. She also tends to wear a pair of gloves that leave the tips of her fingers uncovered, but also carries around a second pair of gloves with metal plates connected to it. Normally not bothered by the heat, she tends to wear pants even in hot weather, but she does bundle up excessively when it gets cold. When the occasion requires it, she will don a proper work uniform or dress, depending on the situation.

In terms of identifying marks, she has a small scar across her right eyebrow, a faded scar on the outside of her left forearm, and is missing her left ring finger past the second knuckle, all of which are the result of accidents in the past. In addition, she has a small tattoo of a black fox on her back, by her right shoulder.

As a result from a major wound during the Dietrich war, Isabella lost her right arm. She quickly had it replaced with a custom-made automail arm. The casing is largely made of titanium, and as such it’s a sort of light-silver in color. Being ever “practical,” she doesn’t use a latex sleeve or some other form of false skin to hide it, preferring the look of the metal anyway.

PERSONALITY:
Isabella tends to be blunt, and tends to commit many faux pas in situations where many would deem it difficult or impossible. She tends to ignore the body language and facial expressions of those around her, instead focusing on trying to decode the tone of their voices and the meaning behind what they're saying. When she watches herself, she seems to always be thinking, planning on what to do next. When she lets herself slip, she is often blunt, even rude, without realizing it.

Unlike alchemy, social interactions follow rules largely unknown to Isabella. A natural introvert, she was pushed into being more social by her father. Never being able to learn absolute rules, she instead opts for careful planning and consideration when dealing with others. She ignores focusing on subtle facial expressions and body language because she has a hard time reading it, therefore opting to make what she deems as the logical choice for the given situation. Although not a perfect method, she has begun to understand people more through trial and error, and is more capable in social situations than when she was younger.

Although she knows she feels emotions like everyone else, she cannot help but notice the differences between her and those around her, people who would die for their friends and family. Why people cling to those bonds, why people seek out the comfort of others, has largely been a mystery to her. Over the course of her life, Isabella has befriended several people, and lived most of it alongside her family. At the end of the day, however, she feels that most of the relationships she has created are fake, done simply because it is expected from her rather than from a want or need. When it boiled down to it in the end, she gave away the life she had in order to pursue something else, destroying the bonds between her family and lifelong friends without so much as a second glance. As such, bonds with other people she makes tend to be based on her tactics and strategy, rather than for friendship.

LOVE:
→ Music
→ Strategy and tactics
→ History
→ Mechanical devices
→ Foxes
→ Solitude

HATE:
→ Strangers
→ Crowds
→ Cold weather
→ Being touched
→ Lots of noise

DEEPEST SECRET:
Doesn't understand bonds between people; Doesn't value bonds between herself and others

HISTORY:
Born as the youngest child of two mechanics in Rush Valley, Isabella had neither a hard nor easy life. Having two older brothers, she had turned into a tomboy early on, often getting caught pulling pranks with her siblings. Her parents, having caught on that she was a natural introvert, pushed her to go out and seek people to talk to. Though she often failed, she feared the disappointing her parents more than making a fool of herself.

By the age of twelve, however, her analytical mind was beginning to take over what had once been her childish nature. Beginning to question the bonds that tied her to her family, she began to act out, falling into questionable circles, hoping to find stronger bonds in back alleys than at home. After causing too much trouble, she was introduced to the family business, and as she explored mechanics more and more, she began to act out less and less. Though she was interested in mechanics, her tastes were fickle, never studying something for more than a few weeks.

When she was fourteen, she found a book in an alleyway. Although it was old and falling apart, she had mistaken it for a mechanics manual after a quick glance. Upon realizing it was alchemy, her mind had latched onto the subject with an iron grip. Slowly but surely, alchemy began to consume her interests. Her parents, noticing her declining interests in mechanics, confronted her about the "problem" when she was fourteen. Isabella told them the whole truth. It was the second-to-last time she did so.

At age fifteen, she had tracked down an alchemist in Central that was willing to take her on as an apprentice. Her parents, though hesitant, tried to convince her otherwise, but eventually broke down and allowed her to go. For three years, she trained under a man named Gavin Wolfe, during which was the first time she realized she was truly happy. At age eighteen, upon returning home, she began to help out the family business again, often transmuting materials into the required dimensions for specialized parts, as well as doing some repair work. However, she had noticed that it felt like there was a hole in her heart. She couldn't shake off the fact that her life seemed incomplete.

She soon began with withdraw into her room more and more, burying her nose in whatever alchemy book she could get her hands on. Her parents, once again sensing a problem, confronted her about it. For months, Isabella managed to avoid the topic altogether, lying or changing the topic in order to prevent the truth from getting out. But eventually, she came clean about her dream, and how she felt.

Isabella always tells the story by saying that her parents, opposed to alchemy in general, disowned her for wanting to become a state alchemist. Although it is true that they did not have faith in alchemy, it was because of how some alchemists use it. In reality, although disappointed in her chosen path, they were the ones who wanted to keep the door open; it was Isabella who shut it without a second thought.

Isabella made her way to Central again, without so much as shedding a single tear for the family she had just disowned or the friends she was abandoning. It was at this point that she realized how different she really was, how some might view her as a monster for throwing away lifelong bonds for such a petty reason. But, try as she might, she didn't feel sorry for herself, or those she had left behind.

After arriving at Central, she got herself an apartment with the help of her old teacher, and has been studying to become a state alchemist. In her spare time, she's been working on a transmutation circle to manipulate the air around her by manipulating air pressure nearby.

Isabella soon found herself as part of the military, even getting a transfer to West City after her initial training as the Head of Military intelligence. Away from her teacher, the only friend she still had, she was prepared to live a life of solitude, much to her excitement. Her arrival in West City, however, was not without excitement, as she met Nikolaus Stuka, who only served to annoy her and start a decline in her faith in humanity. Still, undeterred (because she had a job to do), she continued with her assigned duties.

The Carnival Disaster is little more to Isabella than a bad nightmare, something she knows happened, but she refuses to acknowledge it as an actual event. The events since then have proved to not repair any of her faith in humanity, as she currently has a negative opinion of her direct superior, General Jet Black, as well as some others that she has met.

Her lack of a social life has not been without something to gain from it. She has been studying mechanics and devices of all kinds, drawing basic inspiration for new alchemic abilities, and believes it is both the result of this research and her duties to the government that she was awarded with the title of State Alchemist.

The time since then hasn’t been entirely kind on Isabella. She coordinated the defensive efforts during the Dietrich War, and later went on to make a counter-attack, having thrown caution to the wind and taken a page from her direct superior’s book. As a result of her hasty attack, she lost her arm, and immediately went to get a replacement as soon as she was discharged. Not knowing any trustworthy automail mechanics outside of her family, she was forced to return to home in order to seek a suitable replacement limb.

Though the reunion was short-lived, she could not say she enjoyed a moment of it. As soon as she got what she wanted, she left, returning to her duties in West Amestris. During the short time that things were calm, she ran into a rather interesting man by the name of Amaruk in North City and, um… Well, it was the only worthwhile, eventful thing that happened to her before the Drachma Conflict.

When RIOTE’s plan was revealed to her, General Black sent her with some scouts to infiltrate Drachma, and start undermining their efforts. During the conflict, she encountered several Esparians, including a cousin she never knew she had. When Amestris retreated, she was caught behind enemy lines, and had to flee Drachma by going through Esparia first, which turned out to be an interesting, somewhat time consuming venture.

Now, she’s dealing with grieving relatives of the fallen until West HQ finally shuts down, which is when she’s expecting to serve under the command of Shula Brighton.

TRIVIA:
→ Isabella has a mild form of Asperger's Syndrome. It is enough to affect her by making her introverted, mostly oblivious to reading facial expressions and body language, as well as her view on certain aspects of life. She is not, however, a sociopath. She has feelings, and she's hurt that you would even suggest that.

→ From her time patrolling the streets and causing trouble, Isabella learned a fighting style very similar to Krav Maga, focusing on disarming your opponent and swift but brutal counter-attacks. The style she adopted has been fitted to her own personal style of fighting, to better allow her to defend using her speed and agility while waiting for the right moment to strike.

→ Isabella's scar on her forearm is the result of broken glass falling on her when she was young. Although it has long since healed, it doesn't match the color of the rest of her skin, and, as such, is still noticeable.

→ The scar on her eyebrow is the result of some mishandled machinery when Isabella was thirteen. Although the scar is small and thin, it does create an odd appearance on her eyebrow.

→ Isabella lost most of her left ring finger after it was ripped while working on a large engine. A doctor, fearing infection in the long run and determining that the finger was lost beyond repair anyway, amputated most of it, leaving just the two bottom knuckles.

→ The tattoo on her back is related to a story her father told her when she was young. In the story, a lost girl was helped by two foxes. The silver fox led her to safety, while black fox, unseen, protected her form the dangers of the forest. She got it to remind her that there is always someone looking out for her, whether she knows of it or not.

→ Her alias, "Swift Fox," derives from her love of foxes, as well as her fast and agile nature in combat, and has stuck with her since her youth. Nowadays, it might better represent both her cunning nature, as well as her alchemical specialization of choice.

Languages:
Amestrian
Cretan
Esparian

ALIAS:
Barra Sadei Izzy

OTHER CHARACTERS:
This is my first character. (Other characters to date: Viktor Stalin, Dietrich, Zinaida Tarasov, Valentin, Nevada Vervada, Mickey, and Dante Sune)

CREATOR'S COMMENTS:
I do apologize if this is really, really long. When I get time to think things through, I tend to produce walls of text. Bad habit, I guess. Also, if her history is too drama-y, I can tone it down and/or change things. I'll admit that I might've put a lot of emphasis on her "deep, dark secret," but... Well, I don't really have much to say about that.If I've done anything that I shouldn't have, or have made any mistakes, please feel free to tell me.
→ I think foxes are awesome.
→ Level 2 changes are in YELLOW.
→ Level 3 changes are in ORANGE.

FACE CLAIM:
Code:
[b]real_xxiii[/b]/[i](Unnamed original character)[/i]

CUSTOM RANK:
Black Fox of the West

OFFICIAL TITLE:
Swift Fox

Last edited by Reila on Sat May 26, 2012 2:24 am; edited 20 times in total (Reason for editing : Making her Level 3 and stuff)

Back to top Go down

Galicia, Isabella (revised for level 3) Empty Re: Galicia, Isabella (revised for level 3)

Post by Aurelius Schwartz Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:50 am

REVISE

1. Your account name needs to be the same as your character name.
2. Yeah, you need a picture. We require it to better visualize (and it has to be from an anime or video game, etc.). Let me know if you need help!
3. Personality: at least 300 words please! (I know it's a pain in the ass sometimes~) Maybe add the description of "Deepest Secret" to her Personality? You only need like one word for that section. ^_^
4. Alchemic Ability: You're going to kill me, but... https://mdalchemist.rpg-board.net/t571-wanted-banned-list-please-read read that please~~ Also, if you were to manipulate lightning around your fist, you would be electrocuted =P
5. Trivia: there is no English or German; I think you mean Cretan and Amestrian!
Also, do you want her to be in the military or just on her own studying in Central??

AWESOME Character! I'm excited to have you on the site!! =3 Definitely a worthy App. <3 Let me know if you need help with anything at all~

Aurelius Schwartz
Aurelius Schwartz
SWEAT MY RUST

-Case File-
Level: 4
Writer: Aki

Back to top Go down

Galicia, Isabella (revised for level 3) Empty Re: Galicia, Isabella (revised for level 3)

Post by Guest Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:39 am

Checklist:
1. Accomplished
2. Picture found
3. Done and done
4. Switched to wind, specifically dealing with air pressure
5. Localized languages

I realize that my description of her alchemy ability might be lacking. I can revise it if need be.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:42 am

Almost forgot:

I think in the long run I want her to be a State Alchemist in the military. However, if I read correctly, then I won't have to make that choice until Level 2 at the earliest.

Back to top Go down

Post by Aurelius Schwartz Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:32 pm

Indeed, but note that you don't need to be a State Alchemist in order to be in the military. =3
Aurelius Schwartz
Aurelius Schwartz
SWEAT MY RUST

-Case File-

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:57 pm

Touche, good sir...

After thinking about it, I'd like Isabella to be in the military, and take the State Alchemist later on.

Back to top Go down

Post by Aurelius Schwartz Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:34 am

Okay~ After I approve you, you can go post in Classifieds under the militant group you want to join~~ And don't forget to make a Transmutation App for your alchemy.

Your picture is hotlinked so it doesn't work. And in your history, you might want to change lightning to air pressure? Also, if you raise the air pressure enough, you could ultimately crush human organs...as an ability. XD;

Aurelius Schwartz
Aurelius Schwartz
SWEAT MY RUST

-Case File-

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 24, 2011 2:33 am

I've made what's hopefully the final tweaks. As for the picture, I can see it fine, so I threw up a link to it as well, just in case it's still acting up.As for the new custom rank, Isabella will be joining up with Sofia at Western HQ, so I figured it would be appropriate.

Also, when it comes to organ-crushing pressure, would that be too powerful to start off with? Because I do have a backup in mind: altering the pressure around a target in order to "throw" it. To save space, my logic's in the spoiler below:
Spoiler:
If the concept is more acceptable or preferred, please feel free to tell me.

I apologize if I've been a bit troublesome to work with, and I thank you for your help.

Back to top Go down

Post by Aurelius Schwartz Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:39 am

APPROVED

You can crush organs at level one. ^_^ Doesn't that sound so pleasant? Awesome that you're with Sofia! Hm... your logic seems like it would work, but note that is with paper and not humans and also you can't control where the paper goes. And another thing, there's the problem of HOW you change the pressure as well. So work that all out in your Trans App and we can go from there!

Not troublesome at all! <3
Aurelius Schwartz
Aurelius Schwartz
SWEAT MY RUST

-Case File-

Back to top Go down

Post by Aurelius Schwartz Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:40 am

Rolling Rank...
Aurelius Schwartz
Aurelius Schwartz
SWEAT MY RUST

-Case File-

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:40 am

The member 'Aurelius' has done the following action : Rank Roll

'General Roll' : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 07, 2011 6:22 am

Changes are in yellow, but I'll go through them here:
[1] I retconned in that her father is a Spaniard (specifically from southern Spain, hence the tan skin), and that she knows Spanish. The first is a minor detail, with little to no effect on anything, while the second is because I think it'd be cool if she knew Spanish (also, it'd be a language she could safely curse in).

[2] Updated age (not highlighted in yellow, but I felt that would've been incredibly tacky)

[3] Added more than 150 words to her history (216, to be exact). She hasn't done a whole lot, but her experiences since she first entered the site and now have been largely negative towards her faith in humanity (I have an idea of where she could go later on, so it's important to me to note this).

[4] Added something to her Darkest Secret category; essentially, she's willing to throw away relationships in a heartbeat, no matter how close she is to someone. Possibly not real important, but helps solidify her stance on potential future issues.

[5] Added other characters I currently run, but kept the fact that Isabella was my first character.

[6] Struck some things out.

[7] Modified the description of her alchemy, and added a brief summary of what it is (currently pending as of the time I'm writing this).

[8] Changed alias from what it initially was to what everyone actually calls me.

Also, just to be safe, I would like Isabella to become a State Alchemist. She really, really wants access to that information. And that research grant doesn't hurt either.

Anyway, this is now at your mercy.

Last edited by Isabella Galicia on Tue Jun 07, 2011 6:26 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Added emphasis on yellow)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 08, 2011 2:00 am

A P P R O V E D

Level Two Approved~~

Back to top Go down

Post by Aurelius Schwartz Wed Jun 08, 2011 5:33 pm

Way to make her level two D< -does it for you- Oh, and what's up with state alchemist and a new rank, Dai, hm?
Aurelius Schwartz
Aurelius Schwartz
SWEAT MY RUST

-Case File-

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:28 pm

Level 3 changes are in orange.

→ Added over 200 words to her history.
→ Added to her description to account for her automail arm.
→ Gave a brief description of what'll hopefully be her level 3 ability.
→ Added new characters that I've made since the last level up.

Also, I'd like to request her transmutaiton equipment application be moved so i can edit it.

Thank you for your time.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 17, 2011 1:26 am

APPROVED

We'll go more in depth of your alchemy in the alchemy transmutation application. Otherwise what you posted here is the broad idea.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dai Sat Dec 17, 2011 1:26 am

The member 'Nikolaus' has done the following action : Rank Roll

'Colonel Roll' : 3
Dai
Dai
PENDING

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down