Modern Day Alchemists
WHY AREN'T YOU SIGNED IN!$#%@? -sends Aurel after you-

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Modern Day Alchemists
WHY AREN'T YOU SIGNED IN!$#%@? -sends Aurel after you-
Modern Day Alchemists
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» This is the end I fear
Warm weather on a sunny evening... EmptySat Mar 19, 2022 4:18 pm by Reila Tsukino

» Best wishes
Warm weather on a sunny evening... EmptyThu Sep 17, 2020 12:08 pm by Reila Tsukino

» Simon Eris
Warm weather on a sunny evening... EmptyFri Nov 15, 2013 1:57 pm by ChaosAlchemist

» Pumpkin Spice
Warm weather on a sunny evening... EmptyWed Nov 06, 2013 4:13 pm by Rhea Stevenson

» BARBERSHOP BRUNCH, BRO'S.
Warm weather on a sunny evening... EmptyWed Nov 06, 2013 12:54 pm by Wolfgang Murinyo

» Training Private Daw (Open to Amestrian Militants Only)
Warm weather on a sunny evening... EmptyMon Nov 04, 2013 6:07 pm by Dawsic

» AKI'S NEW FORUM
Warm weather on a sunny evening... EmptyMon Oct 21, 2013 12:59 am by Silvac

» Baldursdóttir, Ymir [done]
Warm weather on a sunny evening... EmptyThu Oct 17, 2013 5:56 pm by Jay Furor

» Practice Makes PERFECTION
Warm weather on a sunny evening... EmptyMon Oct 14, 2013 11:19 am by Zayne O'Reilly

» Just a Checkup
Warm weather on a sunny evening... EmptyThu Oct 10, 2013 8:55 am by Crassus

Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 74 on Wed Sep 10, 2014 4:45 am
Join us on Facebook!

Warm weather on a sunny evening...

Go down

Warm weather on a sunny evening... Empty Warm weather on a sunny evening...

Post by Guest Tue Oct 18, 2011 1:17 pm

The last bell was ringing in the distance to signal the hour. A quarter of 3pm it was, the sun shining in brightly through the window. The glass was clean, those bright beams colored with a kaleidoscope of vegetation in the humble flower shop upon the corner of a street in Malos Ciudad. Children were just getting out of school, shouting to each other in rapid fire Esparian while businessmen rushed to wherever they had to go. Laughter came muffled, muted and yet the emotions swirled through the warm air of Havana, Esparia. 75 degree's, with a perfect level of humidity... Who could ask for more in this beautiful country? Some would say tequila, others would say a pretty lady, but the distinctly albino woman moving about the brightly colored flowers would tell you something different. All she needed, was all around her.

"Stella! How are the hibiscus looking? They seemed a bit down yesterday." Came the call of her grandmother from the backroom, a tanned older woman bustling into the room with a smile that shone like the stars. She was a homely woman that felt of spice, her wrinkles somehow adding to the aged beauty. And oh, you could see she had been quite the looker in her day. Grandma Becerra stood at about 5'6", her back tall and slender with her silver hair shimmering in the suns rays. Stella chuckled as she looked up from spritzing the plants with water, artificial dew for the afternoon to be drunk up. "Much better today. I think it was just because that one man handled them so much yesterday! I thought he was going to crush them." She answered with a hint of indignation, turning her violet eyes to the petals of the red and orange hibiscus by the door. When the sunset hit, they were at the perfect spot that seemed to accentuate every aspect of where they lived. At least to her.

"Good, good. Si, he was a bit touchy-feely no? I can close up dear, go and have some fun. Maybe find a handsome man?" The older woman chuckled as her granddaughter blushed, the flush of color upon her cheeks quite distinctive. She was happy working in the store though, she felt at home amongst the plants. And she did sunburn so easily.... But maybe it was a day to head to the beach or wander through town. Upon considering her options, the tall woman answered, "Oh alright grandmama. But if you do need my help, don't hesitate to call ok?" Holding up her cell-phone, she smirked and placed the spritzer bottle down, sandals clicking softly against the floor as she moved around to the back of the counter to grab her sweater to cover her pale shoulders. She was wearing a tan halter top with a flowy brown cotton skirt that extended down to her ankles. Her sandals were simple, yet elegant with a slight heel, nothing too extreme of course. That was just impractical! Her three-quarter sleeve sweater was white lace, accentuating with her snowy hair and pale pale skin. Her hair was left free about her shoulders, carved wooden bracelets upon her wrist, thin and hardly gaudy.

Waving farewell to her grandmother, the tall mixed child of winter and summer strode down the streets of Havana, the only home she had known. They had visited the capital before on a couple of occasions, but mostly they stuck to their own place, and she was quite satisfied with that. But now that left what should she do with the remaining sunlight? Yes.... Yes the beach did sound rather lovely.... Breathing deep the air about her, Stella quickly caught a bus ride down to the boardwalk, ignoring the stares that she received. Those in their neighborhood were used to the albino girl and didn't question it, but those who weren't... Well, she was rather "different" from everyone else quite clearly. That wasn't even including the tattoo upon her exposed forearm, a beautiful flower circle that seemed innocent enough. Yes, it had to stay that way. Alchemy wasn't tolerated in Esparia. Nope. Not at all.

The bus slowed to a stop and she stepped off, landing lightly upon the ground as a salty sea breeze ruffled her white locks. Mmm.... How she did love the ocean..... Making her way along the boardwalk, she soon removed her sandals and walked barefoot in the sand, still hot from the bright day it had been. It felt good though to her, not harsh in the least bit. Her violet eyes glanced about to the lingering families or college students, a party of those young adults gathering up firewood for a bonfire. Ahh... that meant music and festivities. It made her smile softly to imagine that in her mind, her shoes dangling limply from her hand. Slowing to a stop about twenty five feet from the water line, Tanya sat down and stared off onto the horizon, wondering about the lands that were across the sea. Drachma.... Her lips tightened. Zinaida. Her younger sister. Her younger sister that she knew so little about off in the cold tundra of Drachma. Her fathers home. Her.... Her head bowed. Could she even call it a home? She had never been there, she hadn't been born there, but she had been conceived there. It was where her parents had met, had... Sighing, the tall woman brought her knee's into her chest, grateful for the length of her skirt since she didn't really have to worry about anything possibly showing. The fabric covered her legs and most of her feet, only her delicate toes peeking out beneath the brown edge.

"Father... Zina.... are you alright out there?" She murmured softly under her breath, watching the waves roll in and out, seagulls cawing overhead in their constant leeching of food from the visitors to their home. Already the sun was beginning to descend in the sky, casting its honey amber colors across in great strokes of paint. Were sunsets as beautiful in other places as well?

Back to top Go down

Warm weather on a sunny evening... Empty Re: Warm weather on a sunny evening...

Post by Guest Thu Oct 20, 2011 6:37 am

Havana. He'd only been here a couple of times before. In fact, the last time was on his 17th birthday. Chuckling softly to himself, thinking back to that time, seven years ago, he couldn't help but think about the times that he'd enjoyed, and the messages that his father had given to him. The heavy coat fluttered in a slight breeze that passed down the street, and the dark eyes on his face softened with a rare kindness that few people saw these days. Ever since he'd lost Catalina, he'd been different. He had rarely given a sincere smile, rarely been "happy", or looked "kind". No, he had been different recently. Vito... was sad. It was a strange emotion to feel, and he had recognized it to be strange himself, however he was feeling it, and he had no intention of it. Instead, he'd decided he needed a break. A break from Malos. A break from Vasco, and Francesca's bedside. Right now, he needed time for himself, and time to think life over. It was always so strange to him, this world. This world that he lived in, that shunned the arts of Alchemy, yet condoned things that most normal people would never seek out in their right minds. Looking down at his hand, he still had to wonder what that did, and the words of his father... "I have seen Rouen's secrets, and that hand of your's holds the key to showing the Esparians the good that Alchemy can do..."

Good?! GOOD?! What did that idea of playing GOD do for other people, except cause pain and suffering? But... didn't war itself cause pain and suffering? Vito was confused, as he had always been. One would always confuse themselves when it came to thinking over their morals and how much they changed. Vito's morals were starting to change. He didn't know it himself, but they were. He had always wanted a world of peace, where anyone could be happy... but he was starting to see the truth, now. That humans didn't allow for this. Catalina dying before him proved that. Her death, even though it had been in vain for their efforts, had proven to him that he could not simply sit back idly and let this continue on. As long as Vito drew breath, he would help those he cared about. As long as he continued to help those he cared about, he would always be there for them. And if he wanted to help... then maybe he would have to choose the lesser of two evils... Suddenly, a woman appeared before him. He stopped in his tracks slightly, and watched her carefully as she passed by. Normally, he would've continued onwards, however there was something different there. Namely, that tattoo. Before his trip to Rouen, he would've ignored anything of the sort, but that was different now. It was almost as if he recognized what it could be... making sure that he was unarmed, Vito turned towards the woman and watched her continue onto the beach. That hair was unusual to him, even compared to the green of Miss Francesca. He chuckled softly, and started to slowly step into the beach area, walking through the sand as he did so. Children were playing with their music, and their bonfires, and this man felt at peace here... And as he finally approached the now-seated woman, he couldn't help but notice her beauty...

"You know... one rarely enjoys a sunset alone..." He chuckled softly, and stood over her for a second before taking a seat without asking, he would leave if she asked him to leave; he wasn't a monster, or anything like that. His right hand rested on his knee, the glyph showing up clear as day; not that Vito cared. "Though... I assume that you have been here a number of times, despite the appearances of someone... who is not so Esparian." He laughed softly, turning towards the sunset and staring into it with those bright, yet dark eyes...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 22, 2011 12:42 pm

Children ran past her screaming with laughter as one held up his prize, daring his little brother to claim it. A seashell most likely, coated with colors like the sky, a spiral as if pulling that great tapestry about its shoulders... So her mind compared things a little strangely, she had grown used to this. What came to her attention next was there were eyes upon her. You just know when someones watching you, even if you aren't sure who, just just know. This is what she felt now. And it made her back straighten, slowly letting her legs straighten out though one remained bent with her foot close to the others knee.

"You know... one rarely enjoys a sunset alone..."

Startling a little, Tanya looked up to the man that stood over her, the sun casting its glow upon his tanned face. Oh my. A handsome man at that. Smiling slightly, she shrugged and gestured for him to join her. "Well company can be few and far between, but it seems we are both blessed today hm?" Her violet eyes glowed with the fading rays, looking over this stranger with a mild curiosity. She knew many people in Havana, but she did not recognize..him... That glyph. She tilted her head slightly and realized she was staring rather blatantly, tearing her eyes away to instead peer at the mans face. "Though... I assume that you have been here a number of times, despite the appearances of someone... who is not so Esparian."

A giggle was brought forth, turning her attention to the pale skin of her arm as she too looked out to that gold glittering water. "I do indeed. I love to come to the ocean and just... appreciate. The water, the air, life..." Now she turned her gaze back to him, having to brush some white strands aside. "I promise you I am though. Esparian. Not that I look like most of my family." She smirked and shrugged once more rather slightly, the sound of distant music catching her attention. Ahhh, so the kids had begun their party, claps keeping time. Life in all its forms... all its beauties, and its ugliness. It was what it was, and they were merely spirits floating through. Both of her legs curled as she turned and held out her right hand to him, her flower circle a clear contrast to her alabastor skin. "I'm Stella. Or Tanya. Heehee, depends on who you ask. What is your story stranger?" She asked sweetly, her grip both surprisingly firm and yet tender. She felt as if this man needed a friend, needed.... a distraction. Ooo, maybe a sierra mariposa lily, or globe Lily (fairy lantern). Mmm... accented with a tiger lily perhaps? She'd have to ponder this further. Either way, she wanted to lighten up the heaviness he seemed to bear upon his shoulders whether he needed kind words, a hug, or just a simple time to talk of things that weren't prevalent in his mind.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 25, 2011 8:01 pm

"Well company can be few and far between, but it seems we are both blessed today hm?" She beckoned for him to stay, and he could only smile softly at that. And then, he noticed where her eyes were going. The glyph, hmm? A smirk crossed his face, and he dug the hand into the sand and chuckled. She didn't need to focus on that curse. Nobody had any need to focus on that. Instead, people needed to look at his face; otherwise they might not be able to watch his eyes. He chuckled softly and looked up into the sky, squinting lightly at the sun with a smile across his lips. "That it does." After his question on her race, she answered with a giggle, "I do indeed. I love to come to the ocean and just... appreciate. The water, the air, life... I promise you I am though. Esparian. Not that I look like most of my family." Oh? His gaze returned to the woman who was looking at him, now. So, she was Esparian? He was wrong, on that account? Chuckling softly, he nodded at that. He supposed that he understood what she meant, mostly. He did not look completely 'Esparian', himself.

He blinked. A hand? A hand was held out to him, and she spoke to him with an introduction, of sorts, "I'm Stella. Or Tanya. Heehee, depends on who you ask. What is your story stranger?" Stella, or Tanya? Pseudonym, or just a different set of names? It did not bother him, either way. Holding out his own hand and shaking, he smiled and nodded. "Vito. As for my story... they call me an Alchemist-Killer, though I do not know myself, anymore." His gaze turned to the hand at his side; pulling it out of it's sandy burial-hole and showing it's secret. That glyph on the back of his hand. He now knew that it was for Alchemy; though he had no clue as to it's use. His father had told him the truth, told him that he cared, and he'd finally seen the truth. Vito Camillo Reyes didn't hate Alchemy, he hated his father. Although, one would suppose that he would hate Alchemy and Alchemists as a result; which was the truth. He smiled softly and internally, before leaning backwards and looking up into the sky. "Other than that, I live over in Malos. It's nice, but a bit of a shithole." He laughed softly and smiled. If she was an Alchemist, he didn't care. He had no need to kill her, and so he would not try.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 29, 2011 5:06 pm

He had slipped his hand into the sand and it made her painfully aware of how she had been staring. At least he had... chuckled? No, she had messed up. Meep! Should she apologize for it? Well, it was rude to stare at people.... so should she or? "That it does." Inwardly, she breathed a sigh of relief, guessing that they had moved onward from it. She always was so aware of other people and other... things... stuff! Though, he seemed surprised to find out that she was indeed like him. Another chuckle. With how he seemed to be, it seemed like a good sign that he was chuckling. He did! He just seemed so... down. What had happened to him? Hrm... Yes.. Yes, maybe she should take him to the store and give him some flowers! People like flowers right? They always made things better! Or was that just her?

He did have a lovely smile, feeling his hand slide into hers. "Vito. As for my story... they call me an Alchemist-Killer, though I do not know myself, anymore." Alchemist-killer? Should she be concerned? No... No she didn't use it to harm anyone! So... so she was alright... right? There was a little apprehension in her gaze, but she lowered her eyes to his glyph as he revealed it once more. "So is that glyph a form of alchemy in itself?" She couldn't help but ask, looking back up to him. She had made the mistake once of staring at it, she wouldn't stare at it again. "Other than that, I live over in Malos. It's nice, but a bit of a shithole." Laughing lightly, she brought her knee's back into her chest, listening as the waves crashed upon the shore. The colors in the sky had shifted, curving and bending as the night creeped up upon them. "I've only been there a couple of times. It seemed so grand when I went... Though I was younger then." Giggling, wrapped her arms around her legs, looking over at her companion.

"Have you ever been to Drachma?" She asked him rather suddenly, watching him carefully. "I... um... I.. have someone there that I want, or well.. need, to see." Wow this was kinda awkward. Her story was strange, but not... oh! Duh, she could leave out details. Nobody would question her desire to see her sister right? Ignoring the fact that she had never met her before, didn't know if she even knew she existed, and... well.. Aiya... She hoped it would go well. "I'm sorry, I realize thats a random sudden question."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 30, 2011 8:16 pm

"So is that glyph a form of alchemy in itself?" The glyph, the glyph, it was ALWAYS the glyph! That question, however, instead of simply frustrating Vito, was met with a soft smile. "I do not know, my girl. It may be, it may not be. I am not completely sure of its purpose, though I am sure that it will reveal itself eventually." He chuckled and shook his head, watching across the beach and smiling softly, thinking over life and it's qualms. Strange, wasn't it? The children partying on the sand; the sun lowering itself below the horizon. He appreciated this; he would always appreciate it... "I've only been there a couple of times. It seemed so grand when I went... Though I was younger then." Where, to Malos? He laughed softly. Malos, grand? That would be the day, then again... it would be grand, to one who didn't live there. But he saw those sights every day of his life. He would always be used to those sights, so he would never see it as grand, would he? Oh, well. If one would enjoy it's 'grandness', then he would be fine with it, it was not as if he didn't enjoy some of the finer aspects of Malos, though he would never see it as "grand". "Hehe, grand? I suppose you could say that; I have seen it enough to be indifferent..."

"Have you ever been to Drachma?" Where... did that come from? His eyes slowly turned to the woman, and an incredulous look sat on his visage for a half-second... Drachma... "I... um... I.. have someone there that I want, or well.. need, to see." Oh. I see. Looking back at the distance, he hardened his expression, and stared into that falling sun as it finally disappeared beyond the horizon. "I have been to Drachma." Hard, cold words left his lips. "Drachma is where someone who was very near and dear to me died... and maybe something inside of me, too... I don't know?" He laughed and shook his head. "Though, I have learned to live with that pain... even if I must endure it." A sobered laugh left his throat, and he shook his head in an attempt to hide it, even from himself... "Don't mind me, though. I am sure that your life in Drachma would fare much better. I, on the other hand, prefer the warmth and sunniness of Esparia for my own..."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 04, 2011 11:19 pm

"I do not know, my girl. It may be, it may not be. I am not completely sure of its purpose, though I am sure that it will reveal itself eventually." Had she frustrated him? He was chuckling again, so it still filled her with hope that she hadn't. It was interesting how he seemed to know so little of the mark that he bore upon his hand which raised quite a few questions in her mind. But out of a sense of politeness, she refrained from asking them. No need to bring up something that he was clearly not the most comfortable about. "Hehe, grand? I suppose you could say that; I have seen it enough to be indifferent..." That... made sense though. If you were used to a place, the wonderment that some could hold for it was lost since it was merely an everyday thing.

No... what she was more afraid of was his answer to her sudden question. He appeared surprised as she had expected, but... but then it changed... She felt a shift between them, a shift of emotion. She had mentioned something unpleasant. His now hard expression and distant look told her that, but even the sudden sense of cold and..and... increased pain just added to it! "I have been to Drachma." He wasn't laughing out of amusement. Tanya's eyes were now apologetic for she knew for sure she had done wrong now. "Drachma is where someone who was very near and dear to me died... and maybe something inside of me, too... I don't know?" Her eyes widened at this news of his companions death, her hands going to her mouth. Oh dear had she messed up.... She could feel herself wanting to cry for him, cry for his friend that he had lost, yet the moisture in her eyes barely gathered. No more saddened laughs! "Don't mind me, though. I am sure that your life in Drachma would fare much better. I, on the other hand, prefer the warmth and sunniness of Esparia for my own..."

Before she had even realized she had moved, her arms were around him and she was hugging him tightly, her eyes squinted shut against... against... Ohhh she didn't know!!! His grief for this loss, his.. bitterness it almost seemed like. "I'm so sorry... I didn't mean to bring up such things." She wanted her hug to make him feel better, for him to smile. Thats it. She had to give him some flowers. Pulling away with a faint blush, she smiled apologetically to him and shifted so she was kneeling on both of her knees next to him. "How would you like to see the shop I run with my family? Maybe..." She bit her lower lip as she took a deep breath, "Maybe you'll find a good flower to dedicate to your friend. Please, as an apology for my blunder." Pushing herself up from the sand, she brushed off all those little particles, trying her best not to cast any upon him. Offering her hand, her smile that she offered him was still warm. She wanted to help him. She wanted to ease his burden somehow. It didn't matter to her that they had just met, she hated to see him so.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:02 pm

A hug. This feeling that, somehow, came out of nowhere in order to assault him. Within a second, this woman had taken him into an embrace, tightly holding onto him as her warmth collided with his. He blinked, and smiled softly. It wasn't a cold, false smile. No, Vito rarely made those, these days. Instead, he returned the hug, holding the girl close. There was a comfort, in this. It was a comfort that he didn't understand; it seemed to be that touch of human emotion that he needed. His face softened as well, and when she spoke, he could only chuckle. "I'm so sorry... I didn't mean to bring up such things." "No, it is okay. You didn't know." He didn't need to have this woman sad about something that there was no need to be sad about. As they pulled apart, he sat backwards and gave her a haggard smile, tilting his head to the side slightly and chuckling, a slight redness at his cheeks. How would you like to see the shop I run with my family? Maybe..." He could see her bite her lip, strange. "Maybe you'll find a good flower to dedicate to your friend. Please, as an apology for my blunder."

"Hehehehe..." Laughter. His hand was at his mouth, and he was laughing softly into it, looking at her behind the hand. THat was something that hadn't happened for a while. Honest, pure laughter. Reaching out that selfsame hand, he gripped the soft flesh and felt himself being pulled up, assisting the girl in any way that he could, to make her pulling of him easier. "I'll accept your apology, Miss... Tanya." He blinked and nodded at her, turning away and looking up at the streets as the sun finally fell from view behind him, a burning orb in the sky. And as that orb died away, the streets became livelier. People came, with fires, with torches and with glow-sticks, dancing away the night. "Hmm... Let me show you something. You cannot let anyone else know you've seen these. They are... quite bad, in a sense." Slipping the coat off of his back, he let it hang down by the small, showing the tattoos that spread up his arms, curling around muscles. "I am no Alchemist... but I am branded as one... That is why I do not just kill them without reason." Sliding the clothing back up, he placed it onto his shoulders and turned towards her. "NOW, where are we going?" A smile, laced only with kindness.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 14, 2011 2:26 am

He... He hadn't pushed her away at her sudden hug... He was even returning it!!!! Oh the joy that exploded in her chest was something she felt like she could barely contain! She didn't have to pull back and see his features to know that he had smiled at least slightly. Yayayayayayayayay~! Her sudden action had been a success. An even bigger success than she had initially anticipated for he was even chuckling! Something she had said must have been funny. "No, it is okay. You didn't know." Oh. That. Well, it still felt like something that she should have no excuse for you know? But as they pulled away.... getting to see how he had relaxed and warm up.... She felt complete at that moment. Nourish, and be nourished herself. Heh, she remembered her mother telling her that once as a comparison to her enthusiasm for plants. Oh his smile.... Hehehehe, she could somehow picture many a woman swoon at that smile and honestly? She was no different. She could appreciate the view. But a handsome man such as him certainly had a beautiful lady to match. Heehee, but at least she had gotten a faint blush out of him! She was positively beaming, her happiness seeming to radiate around her body (even adding a slight glow to her already shimmering white hair!).

Though... at her offer he was laughing. She found herself giggling, all her nerves flowing away back into that golden joy that just flowed throughout her entire body at her success. Yes, she had gotten him to smile, relax, hug her back, and even laugh. Had he anyone like this for him back in his city that she found splendid? Her grip was solid as she helped him up, hand sliding away to her side as her violet eyes watched him with stars twinkling in them thats how radiant they seemed to be. "I'll accept your apology, Miss... Tanya." Now she was thrown into another fit of giggles, the sweet sound rolling about like the waves that crashed nearby. It was joined as the sounds of the party about the fire reached their ears, seeming to add to the magic of the scene that they found themselves in. She was so happy she had gone to the beach today! "You can just call me Tanya."

She could hear the buzzing of an electric light as the street lamps lit all down the row, the nights sky getting lost in all the florescent lights. More people were beginning to appear as music drifted down the street from a couple of restaurants, smoothing out the exploded ecstaticness of her to a softer smile. Havana.... She did love it here. Could she really leave it to go search for her sister out in that cold, bleak country? But he was speaking again, and so she turned her attention away from her hometown to her newfound friend. She could call him that.... couldn't she? "Hmm... Let me show you something. You cannot let anyone else know you've seen these. They are... quite bad, in a sense." Her eyes widened slightly in surprise since she hadn't expected the honor of such trust already from him. "I promise I won't." Though, what could be so bad? Honestly, she wasn't sure what to expect with that intro, so when he began to pull off his coat her confusion grew. Then she saw the tattoos, and her eyes widened.

Those.... "I am no Alchemist... but I am branded as one... That is why I do not just kill them without reason." Those t..tattoos.... She was incredulous as she stood there next to him, in complete.... well... awe wasn't really the right word. For some reason all she could think of was the pretty flower circle tattoo on her arm that was her disguised art, swallowing slowly as unease rose up in her throat. He wouldn't kill her... right? But then he smiled again, and she could see no ill will within those dark depths, nor within the pleasantly tanned features. "NOW, where are we going?" Again the tension dissipated, tilting her head slightly as she chuckled and gestured for him to follow her. "My families flower shop. Come on, lets catch that bus!" In the distance, you could see the headlights of the bus she spoke of, her sandals clicking softly as she walked with longer strides onto the pavement. They still had to wait a moment or too at the bus stop and she found herself turning to him and holding out her tattooed arm. Her expression was suddenly rather serious as she stared up to him, pointing to the simple flower circle tattoo. "You showed me something... bad. I'll tell you mine. I'm an alchemist, but I only deal with plants. Heh, our shop is rather successful because of it..." She admitted quietly as she lowered her arm back to her side, the squeal of the buses wheels seeming to add an extra end to her words. Climbing onboard, she paid her fare and stood towards the back doors seeing as most of the seats were taken.

Oddly enough, she wasn't too worried about what she had just admitted to him. Vito was a kind man, and both of them held their secrets. Yet both of them had trusted the other enough to share them. So... that would hopefully mean no dying for her today.. right? He hardly seemed the type to murder someone like herself in cold blood. By herself meaning a passive alchemist who didn't partake in any of that military shenanigans. Yeck. War. Sure liberation could be great, overthrowing a tyrant was good, but.... but somehow to her war just always seemed to bring pain. And it was... sad. War was sad. Look at Vito. He had lost a dear friend, and only just now had she gotten him to smile and laugh. They rode in silence, touching his arm gently when it was their stop before she pulled the wire and got off upon them stopping.

The street they found themselves on was rather quaint you could say, the liveliness levels certainly less than by the beach. You could tell this area was mostly residential and peaceful. The flower shops lights were still on, though the outside displays were already inside, the sign hanging over the door made of beautiful carved wood that was painted. "Apparently my grandfather carved the sign thats over the door back when he was younger for a class at school. I don't understand why he didn't continue with it! He's so good at it." Walking up to the doorway, she pulled the door open while making sure not to hit him, glancing around till she saw.... Ah-Ha! Her grandmother was still bustling around. Though her mother had joined her now. The two of them looked up at the bell, exchanging a look before they too grinned. "Welcome back Stella dear. Who is your friend?" Her grandmother called, standing tall as she walked up with her daughter.

"This is Vito Camillo Reyes. He comes from Malos Ciudad!" She began, a hand gesturing to him as they stepped further into the store, now turning to face him with a smile upon her lips. Oh she could guess what was running through their heads! "Vito, this is my grandmother, Maya. And my mother, Mariela." Each woman nodded her head and offered their hand in turn, both appearing like true Esparians with their tan skin, dark hair, and brown eyes. To see Tanya next to them was probably a bit strange. "So what brings him here hm?" Oh yeah... How would she answer that one... "Well..." She was sorta at a loss as her violet eyes rested upon him now, the various smells of the plants about them at least calming for her.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 16, 2011 5:03 am

"My families flower shop. Come on, lets catch that bus!" A bus? Looking out to the side, Vito watched the pair of headlights approaching, breaking through the darkening distance that sat out before him. Stepping towards it, he smiled softly and looked at Tanya, nodding before taking several careful steps in the direction of that bus stop. They would have to wait a little while longer, it seemed, so they would be able to talk for a bit more. He would smile, and then Vito turned and looked at Tanya, who thrust her arm out at him and pointed at her flower tattoo. "You showed me something... bad. I'll tell you mine. I'm an alchemist, but I only deal with plants. Heh, our shop is rather successful because of it..." Smiling softly, Vito nodded and bit his tongue. He could, right now, easily kill this woman. Right now, he had the credence to pick her up and march her to the nearest police station. But... what would that achieve? From what his father had told him, Alchemy was not evil, just misused and misunderstood. And, though he had hated his father, he had known the man to be a truly honest person from the get-go. Chuckling internally, he looked over to the bus as it screeched beside them. Stepping into the bus after her, Vito paid his own fare and slowly walked towards the back as well, moving past a couple of kids with their legs stretched, and the like. As he finally reached her, the bus stuttered to a start, Vito not quite ready. The shock caused him to stumble a little and fall into her, the man making an 'oomph' sound as he did so. "Heh... sorry."

Those were the only words that he spoke during that bus ride. For the rest of it, they stood in silence, not looking at each other, but unable to look away from one another. He had no reason to kill this one, for she wasn't violent. That was his primary prerogative when it came to the execution of an Alchemist. Not one who used Alchemy, but one who used it to harm others. If he were to have any form of Alchemy on his own, he would rather it help others. He would rather it help others, or the world, or something like that. He would gladly give up his own body and mind if it meant that he could bring long-lasting peace to this world. Of course, one man would not do much for this world. Instead, he had to live and make it a better place for everyone who he came across, even if he had to kill the ones who were making it selfishly better for themselves. A flawed and broken ideal, yes, but one that Vito would cherish until the end. Turning away from her when his arm was touched, he stepped away from her and past the now-dwindled crowd. They left the bus, and Vito watched it disappear into the distance, before looking around this place. Hmm. "Apparently my grandfather carved the sign thats over the door back when he was younger for a class at school. I don't understand why he didn't continue with it! He's so good at it." Vito turned around and blinked, looking at the sign and studying it from the distance, before chuckling softly. "I can agree. It is a very nice sign. Far greater than anything I could carve." Speaking those words honestly, Vito followed Tanya into the building and blinked. Ah, a couple of women. The looks on their faces. Psh. What ideas did THEY get?

"Welcome back Stella dear. Who is your friend?" That classic line. They did get an idea. Closing his eyes, he was about to introduce himself, when, "This is Vito Camillo Reyes. He comes from Malos Ciudad!" Hnngh. She just HAD to mention that he was from Malos. Laughing softly, he stepped further into the room and looked over at Tanya, who was standing at a pure contrast to the two women beside her. "Vito, this is my grandmother, Maya. And my mother, Mariela." Each woman offered their hand, and Vito brought it up to his face, kissing it softly as if to be completely polite about it. "Maya, Mariela. The pleasure is mine." Smiling softly, he stepped back from them both. "So what brings him here hm?" Ohdear. "Well..." He could feel her eyes on him now, and he looked back at her, before looking at the pair of women with a nervous, yet kindly smile. He laughed softly, reaching a hand up and scratching the back of his neck. "Well, Stella kind of dragged me here." He laughed again, but a little louder this time. There was no malicious intent in his laughter; he was simply being nice about it. "We met on the beach, sat down, spoke for a little while, and she asked if I wanted to see her family's shop. I couldn't very much refuse such a young lady now, could I?" He proffered a kind smile, tilting his head to the side and chuckling. For once, Vito was glad that he was unarmed. The weight was too much in such a loving situation. "But, yes, I am Vito Camillo Reyes, from Malos, originally born in Vizcaya. Recently celebrated my 25th, in fact. You'd be surprised how much of a soiree El Presidente can put on, hmm?" He chuckled, hoping to high hell that they didn't hate Vasco. Yes, he was a bit of a dictator. But he was a nice enough person when it came to the finer slices of life...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 20, 2011 11:17 pm

Oi... Family could be so embarrassing! They were getting thoughts weren't they?! Well... She had shown him her greatest secret.... and he hadn't reacted poorly necessarily to it.... Though she wasn't honestly sure what he was thinking. On the bus, the most they had said was when he apologized for bumping into her. They were still complete strangers! They couldn't--No, no they definitely could think such things... Stella honestly didn't doubt that he had a girl already for himself. And it wasn't like she was really looking anyways! Maybe she should have just gotten the flowers and sent them to him instead... Oh no, that wouldn't do either! They would have wilted along the way for sure! Or been stored in ice or something dreadful. It just wasn't pleasant at all any way you looked at it! Who'd want to be transported like that anyways? Nobody!

Meeting Vito's gaze, she couldn't help but quickly flash him an apologetic expression for her families antics, his amusement at it at least offering some kind of relief. It certainly didn't help the ladies reactions as he kissed their hands respectively, the two looking at each other with a raised eyebrow. Oi.... They both smiled brightly in response, nodding to him as he stepped away. At least they retained their wits. That was a relief. She slipped away and through the store as they spoke, picking out a flower here and there before adding it to the group she held. She would make him a beautiful bouquet for sure! Besides, it was a good distraction from feeling embarrassed at her mother and grandmother. She could hear her mothers laugh, wondering just what he had said to amuse her. "She dragged you here eh? Well, she can be a bit forceful sometimes." Both women chuckled at that, grinning at his laugh. Ooo, they did like this man! Tanya listened as she whisked on past, his laughter bringing a smile to her lips once more. She really was happy that his mood seemed to have improved since she had seen him first. He had been so very mournful.

"We met on the beach, sat down, spoke for a little while, and she asked if I wanted to see her family's shop. I couldn't very much refuse such a young lady now, could I?" Blushing faintly, she lowered her violet gaze as she moved past and behind the counter, wanting to wrap up the flowers she had snagged in their lovely plastic and a ribbon much like the ones she set out every morning for customers to peruse at their leisure. Her grandmother looked over to her and smirked, the wizened old face revealing her amusement and pride. "No, I suppose not. Some men can hardly refuse her charms here in the shop!" Nudging Mariella, the two women laughed brightly, and Tanya's head only sank lower behind the counter. Don't let him see her face, don't let him see her face, don't let him see her face.... She was blushing so furiously, and it was so damned visible against her pale cheeks, wishing for her family to leave now. Why hadn't she expected this to happen? Oh yes, she had been a bit distracted to think things fully through.

"But, yes, I am Vito Camillo Reyes, from Malos, originally born in Vizcaya. Recently celebrated my 25th, in fact. You'd be surprised how much of a soiree El Presidente can put on, hmm?" She straightened up, almost bumping her head against the counter to hear that it had just been his birthday. Really? Blinking a couple of times, both of the women cooed, clapping their hands together as they looked to each other and chuckled. "Well happy belated Mr. Reyes. I'm sure it was quite the party for sure." "Indeed. The man does seem to enjoy grandeur a bit, doesn't he? Not that thats always a bad thing. Sometimes we get plenty of orders for parties and such!" Tanya walked up next to him once more, remaining quiet as she looked between the trio that stood there in the shop, calling up a sweet smile as she offered the bouquet to him. "Happy belated birthday! I feel like I should give you some extra for the occasion." She spoke with a small chuckle, a bit surprised that she was a year older than him. But what was a year really? It wasn't like it truly mattered. "This is true! Is there anything you'd particularly like?" Her mother chimed in, leaving her to feel a bit... awkward. Parents, how could they turn things so awkward so fast sometimes?!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:21 am

She dragged you here eh? Well, she can be a bit forceful sometimes." He blinked and laughed softly at that statement. "Aye, I've had my share of forceful women, she is certainly one in the same." He gave them a grin that was both cheerful and cheeky, closing his eyes and smiling at them kindly. He was thankful for this small opportunity, to be quite honest. It had been some time since he'd found the strength to smile, and for that reason... He chuckled softly, and then looked to the side. There had been some strange goings-on in Drachma, that was for sure. The loss of Catalina... and that kiss... Hrk. His eyes noted Tanya moving quite quickly out of the way, and he couldn't help but stifle a small laugh at this. Parents were so embarrassing, at times. Though it was by no experience of his own, but he had seen the way that Vasco had sometimes been around Fran, and laughed at those moments. But he... had never truly had times like that. "No, I suppose not. Some men can hardly refuse her charms here in the shop!" Good lord, these two were most certainly something. He raised a hand behind his head and scratched the back of his neck, proffering small chuckles as he did so.

And then... oh god. Their reaction to his having just turned 25. They... cooed. They... oh god they cooed. "Well happy belated Mr. Reyes. I'm sure it was quite the party for sure." "Indeed. The man does seem to enjoy grandeur a bit, doesn't he? Not that thats always a bad thing. Sometimes we get plenty of orders for parties and such!" Another chuckle. "I suppose you can say that much. He has given far greater parties for Fran, but that is the thing you would expect for his daughter, eh?" He laughed, slightly glad that they held no disdain for the Presidente. He wouldn't do anything if they spoke out against him here, but it was more of a bother than anything. And then, all of a sudden, a bouquet of flowers was basically thrust into his face, the man stepping back with a slight shout. Gods, that had frightened him, which was a strange thing indeed for him to experience. "Happy belated birthday! I feel like I should give you some extra for the occasion." He blinked a couple of times, almost ready to shake his head. He was planning on paying for these flowers, he didn't need more to add to the damn tab! "This is true! Is there anything you'd particularly like?" Meep. Too late. Gripping the first bouquet with careful fingers, he chuckled softly.

"As gracious as the offer is..." Eh... the looks on their faces. It was rare, seeing a group of people so happy. This... he could almost feel sorry for himself in this situation. A haggard, decrepit, embittered soldier, surrounded by these smiling faces. It was enough to make one... feel sad. But no, he wouldn't feel sad. Instead, Vito would smile. He would be happy. He would feel good about the charity of these women, and repay it with his own. He reached into his pocket, and with the chinking of coins, brought out what he'd need to pay for the first lot of flowers, though he understood that the second ones would simply be a gift. "As gracious as the offer is, I will have to pay for these first flowers anyway!" He laughed and grinned at them, placing the coins down on a nearby counter. "As for the flowers I like... hmm..." The man scratched his chin and thought this through as well as he could. "I rarely see flowers these days, though I remember a rather precious White Lily on my travels." A small smile crossed his lips and he shook his head. "Though, there is no need to trouble yourselves, you know?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 28, 2011 11:36 pm

Ohhhh her mother..... Her grandmother was already moving through the store as if to ponder what flower he might desire before he had even given any kind of answer. The only sort of ease she found in this whole... debacle of embarrassment was the fact he was amused. He was chuckling, and smiling, and... seemingly enjoying himself. Which was most excellent considering it all. "I suppose you can say that much. He has given far greater parties for Fran, but that is the thing you would expect for his daughter, eh?" She hadn't expected him to be caught offguard by her offer of the bouquet though and she felt a little bit of guilt well up in her throat as he just sort of stared at her. "Si, it's good to see a man so committed to his child!" Came the call of her grandmother from the backroom, Stella wanting to just call her back, tell her to stop. But she was a stubborn old bird. She wouldn't listen in the least bit, and probably say something rather snappy in response.

As he took the bouquet of flowers from her, she felt herself relax a bit more, already plotting on excuses to get them out and away from the store. "As gracious as the offer is..." All three women blinked in their respective places, Maya peeking her head out around the corner of the door frame, the sound of clinking money distinct against the counter. Stella hadn't expected that at all, opening her mouth to protest, but... She could see the resolution of his decision in his handsome features. So instead, she closed her lips and let her hands remain at her sides. Sometimes she wondered if she should try to speak up more often, but her reasoning always swiftly descended to remind her how she hated conflicts of any kind. And arguments were certainly a type of conflict. "As gracious as the offer is, I will have to pay for these first flowers anyway!" "Oh well if you are sure señior. Mariella smiled warmly to the man within their store, enjoying the sound of his laugh. Her daughter had certainly found quite the man! "As for the flowers I like... hmm..." The three of them waited with baited breath, the possibilities she had thought of giving him earlier rising back to the forefront of her mind. "I rarely see flowers these days, though I remember a rather precious White Lily on my travels."

Stella looked to Mariella, who looked to her daughter, then to her mother in the backroom who now stood behind the counter. Maya looked to her granddaughter who gazed right back before all three of them turned to Vito. It was really rather comical, like something off of a sitcom. "Though, there is no need to trouble yourselves, you know?" "Well..." "We do have plenty of white lilies..." "It's just a matter of what specific sort." Stella finished, her mother and grandmother unable to resist giggling at how they had finished each others sentences. It merely brought a smile of hidden laughter to Stella's lips as her violet eyes rested upon Vito. "There's lilium candidum, or the Madonna Lily. And..." Pausing, the albino woman gave a nervous chuckle before she went off on a rant about the various types of lilies, chuckling lightly as she knew that was a rather boring subject to most people. "Come, we have quite a few selections from the lilium genus. It's just easier if you see them all." Beckoning him onward after her, she slipped further into the seemingly cozy store, revealing that it was bigger than one might initially expect.

The pair moved to a sort of side room, the humidity and temperature of the air seeming to adjust ever so slightly as a faint mist was being blown from above upon their plants. They needed just the right amount of moisture to stay fresh and happy! Gesturing with her arm, she grinned and stepped back, making room so he could explore as he desired. "Here we are. If it isn't here, we do have more in the back."

{{ Here is the wiki page of all the different species in the genus. xP }}

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 14, 2011 12:19 am

"Well..." His face turned from one woman, "We do have plenty of white lilies..." to another, "It's just a matter of what specific sort." to a final woman. His eyes rested upon Stella, watching the distinct and yet almost unnoticeable changes in her expression. They were giggling amongst themselves, he heard that much; for what reason, he had to wonder. "There's lilium candidum, or the Madonna Lily. And..." Vito stood there quietly, musing upon the different types of lilies that this woman was explaining to him. Hmm... by name, he would not truly know what he was looking for. Vito was a visual person, who fared better understanding with his own two eyes. "Come, we have quite a few selections from the lilium genus. It's just easier if you see them all." As if she had read his mind, she beckoned for him to follow her, the young Esparian following her into the back room, looking around in this humid space of flowers. "Here we are. If it isn't here, we do have more in the back." A white lily... why did that flower remind him of Miss Francesca, of all people? He smiled softly, looking further through the room until he found one.

A six-petal flower, of the purest white. Small yellow fronds poked out of the centre, and as the man leaned in closer, he could see every soft detail on the plant's face. Pieces were a part of the larger picture: and he spoke with a quiet voice. "Miss Francesca, I see you..." Smiling softly, he placed his fingers onto the stalk and slowly stood up, taking his fingers away from the flower and placing his fingers against his own lips. He turned towards Tanya with slightly closed eyes. "That one, it is the lilium candidum, correct? I have seen its image before, so it seems familiar to me... it reminds me of someone." He gave a dry laugh, slowly cricking his neck and turning away from Stella, looking over the flowers with a cool and calm gaze. "I think that one... would be the one that I take, if I may?" A bright smile crossed his lips, and he nodded to himself. "I must thank you, though. You have given me a day where I can smile, instead of feeling down inside my mind. That is a rare thing these days, even though I truly wish for all the world to smile. One must wonder if his morals are... flawed..."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 20, 2011 4:41 pm

As she cast her eyes over the wide variety of lilies, Stella couldn't help but ponder what must be going on with the world. Here, they had laughter, family, beautiful flora (of humanoid and no), and an overall sense of... relaxation. That was not the same out in the world. Could she maybe bring about more peace by spreading her love of nature? War was so very destructive to the natural terrain after all...

Blinking, she realized just how far her mind had been wandering, her violet eyes swimming into focus upon Vito as he bent over a particular white lily, his lips seeming to move though she didn't quite make out the words. Ahh... the lilium candidum... Excellent choice. Somehow his smile was very soothing, it was something you could stare at for a while for it was so alien on his features. Taking a few steps towards him, she nodded once with a rather wide smile since he had gotten the name correct. So few seemed to know of the original names of plants. "Correct Vito. She must be a real beauty. Elegant as well, if perhaps in her own way." She murmured softly, her ears perking up to his little laugh. "I think that one... would be the one that I take, if I may?" She nodded once more, her expression softening as she saw how much he had lightened up since they had first met on the beach. Truly, it was as if a mantle had been lifted from him, and he was at ease.

"I must thank you, though," Her brows furrowed and her head cocked to the side ever so slightly, wondering what exactly he was thanking her for. "You have given me a day where I can smile, instead of feeling down inside my mind. That is a rare thing these days, even though I truly wish for all the world to smile. One must wonder if his morals are... flawed..." It was her turn to chuckle if not a bit dryly, slipping past him to pluck the lilium candidum for his lady friend whom was clearly so special to him. Not everyone received white lilies you know! "You are most welcome my friend. Though I would really say worry not upon it." She began, turning now to him as she moved past him to wrap up the flowers in a little plastic sheath, adding those little vials of water that were suctioned around the base of the stem, keeping the flower hydrated until they could be placed in a vase. "I too, wish for the things you do. A smile on every face, warmth, peace... So I just try to bring it about in the ways that I know I can." Now she turned to him, tying a ribbon about the lilies, "With my own smile, some flowers for a stranger, and a hug should they require it. I do hope that your friend enjoys the flowers and recovers soon." She offered the lilies to him, just three even though he probably only wanted one. "After all, what we put out into the world comes back to us yes?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 24, 2011 4:13 am

Strange... she chuckled rather dryly. He had to wonder upon that thought... turning away slightly, he heard her speak upon the thoughts that he himself had mused. "You are most welcome my friend. Though I would really say worry not upon it." He smiled softly at her; she was surprisingly refreshing. Vito's mind sat upon the thoughts of the cool air that flowed around him, and he closed his eyes softly. He could hear her placing the flowers into some form of plastic, and didn't shift his gaze. The last time he'd felt this at peace, was it as he repented over his father's body? Yes, it would've been that. When he knelt over that man's body with the Contender in hand, he could feel all of his past issues flow away. The grief and sorrow that he'd only ever felt when in the presence of that man... it all disappeared into nothingness with that shot. He had not cried over the death of someone so close to him by blood, however he had not felt happiness, either--simply relief. "I too, wish for the things you do. A smile on every face, warmth, peace... So I just try to bring it about in the ways that I know I can." A woman's voice broke the man's thoughts, and he slowly turned towards her with a soft smile on his lips.

"With my own smile, some flowers for a stranger, and a hug should they require it. I do hope that your friend enjoys the flowers and recovers soon." Oh, wouldn't you believe it. He wished as such as well. "After all, what we put out into the world comes back to us yes?" Most certainly agreed. With a confirming nod, Vito took the flowers into his own hand with a soft grip. She would appreciate these, at least he hoped so. "Thank you, Miss Stella." Turning slightly towards the door, he motioned slightly with his head. "I'm afraid that... I must leave." He chuckled; it was high time that he returned to Malos. "You have my deepest gratitude for your kindness; if only there were more people like yourself in this world. If my heart wasn't... then maybe..." Walking forwards, the man moved in closer to her and placed a soft kiss on her cheek (he'd already checked--her mother and grandmother weren't watching). "Who knows what would happen, though? I certainly cannot predict the future." Turning away, Vito took two steps forwards, and then turned back, bowing slightly. "I hope that we can maintain a friendship of some kind. It is always nice to have friends who don't blow stuff up for the fun of it." He smiled softly, not waiting for an answer. "If I'm here in Havana again, I'll pop in for a visit." He smiled at her and finally turned away, walking out of the shop. He waved to the mother and grandmother. "She is a lovely girl--she will find happiness one day, I can assure you of that. For now, I am needing to leave. Thank you for your hospitality and patience." Walking out the door, he looked around now. It was rather dark, but that was no issue. These buses ran all night as far as he knew, and it wasn't exactly far to get to his vehicle from here, he was certain of it. Turning in a direction that he assumed was correct, the dark-haired man started to walk, smiling softly to himself.

"Thank you."

[Thread LEFT]

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 02, 2012 4:10 am

People were something that were always fascinating to her. Their differences, their behaviors, their tastes in various things... How they didn't differ, how they chose to speak, how they wished to appear to others. The world was filled to the brim with these varieties, and they were each unique and special. Things that should be treasured and celebrated for it was what made life exactly that. Life. No matter what sort of life it was that a person led. Was it filled with bloodshed? Was it a "right" life, or a "wrong" life? What choices had led them to who they were that day? While a persons actions could define them, they were certainly not everything. Stella might dislike eco-terrorists with a passion, but... they were living life as they knew it. Not that she could really forgive them for tearing down rainforests mind you, but... she could at least acknowledge their ignorance in those ways.

But she was certainly digressing as she stood there, observing the handsome man before her. "Thank you, Miss Stella." She merely nodded her head slowly, the smile upon her lips soft and... appreciative. Of exactly what, she wasn't necessarily sure, yet there it was all the same. It hardly surprised her as he turned towards the exit, merely glancing to it with her ruby eyes with the smell of lilies all about them. Yes, she could feel that it was time. "Of course. I wouldn't want to keep you from others, least of all your honey." Chuckling softly, she paused though as he began to speak once more. "You have my deepest gratitude for your kindness; if only there were more people like yourself in this world. If my heart wasn't... then maybe..." ... What? Her eyes had widened slightly, the paleness of her cheeks quickly growing pink, then red as he stepped up to her and gave her a little kiss upon her cheek. Softness.... Unexpected and welcome all the same. He was merely being kind, this she knew for a fact. Only a truly extraordinary woman could capture a man so, give him the look that she saw in his eye or the concern he clearly felt for her well-being. "Who knows what would happen, though? I certainly cannot predict the future."

Now there was the truth. "I suppose thats what keeps life interesting hm?" She spoke softly, her embarrassment still at the forefront of her voice as she glanced downwards towards her feet. If she were to find herself a man, then it would happen on its own. She had her plants and family to keep her company and maybe.... "I hope that we can maintain a friendship of some kind. It is always nice to have friends who don't blow stuff up for the fun of it." Now just who were his friends to leave him with such comments? A light laugh passed her throat as she shook her head a bit, following him into the main store towards those doors out into the evening air. "I hope so as well Vito. I promise you won't find any explosions here!" Certainly not. She loathed conflict so. Especially such destructive things... Thats how the landscape was destroyed! Yuck, she could practically hear the trees screaming as fire licked at their trunks.... No, no explosions in Havana at all.

"If I'm here in Havana again, I'll pop in for a visit."

"I'd like that. You are always welcome. Do take care of yourself alright?" She called after him as her steps slowed by the front door, ignoring her mother and grandmother for the moment. The two were tending to some of the flowers, looking up as Vito waved to them. They too, waved back with big grins on their faces and they only grew as they heard what he had to say. Which only made Stella blush even more. "Oh thank you dear. We did try to raise her right!" "Absolutely. Take care young man! You are most welcome, come back anytime! The door to the Becerra's will always be open." They called, falling quiet as their eyes came to rest upon the albino woman that lingered there in the doorway. It was probably a good thing that she hadn't turned to look at her female relatives yet, still just staring after the lone figure as he walked off into the night. Yes... She would like very much to remain friends.

[THREAD DONE]

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down