Modern Day Alchemists
WHY AREN'T YOU SIGNED IN!$#%@? -sends Aurel after you-

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Modern Day Alchemists
WHY AREN'T YOU SIGNED IN!$#%@? -sends Aurel after you-
Modern Day Alchemists
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» This is the end I fear
At home EmptySat Mar 19, 2022 4:18 pm by Reila Tsukino

» Best wishes
At home EmptyThu Sep 17, 2020 12:08 pm by Reila Tsukino

» Simon Eris
At home EmptyFri Nov 15, 2013 1:57 pm by ChaosAlchemist

» Pumpkin Spice
At home EmptyWed Nov 06, 2013 4:13 pm by Rhea Stevenson

» BARBERSHOP BRUNCH, BRO'S.
At home EmptyWed Nov 06, 2013 12:54 pm by Wolfgang Murinyo

» Training Private Daw (Open to Amestrian Militants Only)
At home EmptyMon Nov 04, 2013 6:07 pm by Dawsic

» AKI'S NEW FORUM
At home EmptyMon Oct 21, 2013 12:59 am by Silvac

» Baldursdóttir, Ymir [done]
At home EmptyThu Oct 17, 2013 5:56 pm by Jay Furor

» Practice Makes PERFECTION
At home EmptyMon Oct 14, 2013 11:19 am by Zayne O'Reilly

» Just a Checkup
At home EmptyThu Oct 10, 2013 8:55 am by Crassus

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 74 on Wed Sep 10, 2014 4:45 am
Join us on Facebook!

At home

3 posters

Go down

At home Empty At home

Post by Guest Mon Dec 05, 2011 10:58 am

Standing in the streets, a young woman would wait. Her hair a shining blond down to the middle of her back. Eyes the color of ice with a cold yet inviting glow to them. Her figure feminine and rather sinewy in appearance. She would simply stand there, gazing off into the distance. A day of spacing out while she attempted to place her thoughts together. It seemed these days more people were getting injured so for her to have a chance to relax was nearly impossible. Her eyes dipped in thought and she would look away, off in the further sky and mountains, that distant lining. She could barely remember what she was thinking about, yet her brain was telling her it was something important. Something, needed. However she didn't want to soothe her madness by admitting war was encroaching on all continents.

With a sigh, she would walk around the streets, enjoying her break. She needed time away from being with sick people all the time. Anyone stuck there twenty-four/seven would go nuts. So in a way she would concede and give way to a lunch break, maybe longer if they found she was working too hard.. The key was doing as much as you could without seeming like you're always working but lately, she'd been dancing that line of overworking. A soft sigh fell from her throat as she would mope slightly. Outside of the hospital, she was lost.

Back to top Go down

At home Empty Re: At home

Post by Spotlight Tue Dec 06, 2011 1:14 am

Alex would walk the streets of creta. Oh how he had missed the country. He remembered how his last trip went and he hoped he could meet another character like her.  She really changed his view on the world. After meeting her he learned there was more to the world then just getting the job done. So here he was again after a good few months off he was back and this time he had new alchemy to use in his routine. He began with some basic animals from fire. He started with a flock of birds and lizard then as those faded he went into his normal act and as people began to gather he made his creations bigger. He then saw someone walk by. She was Probably a bit older then he but she was a beauty. She looked to be lost so he took a moment and tried to usher her over by announcing his show and what he called the greatest medicine. COME AND SEE A SHOW OF WONDERS. THIS SHOW WILL AMAZE YOU AND GIVE YOU ONE OF THE GREATEST GIFTS AND MEDICINES IN THE WORLD A GOOD LAUGH. with that he countinued his show for the kids. 
Spotlight
Spotlight
PENDING

-Case File-
Level: 3
Writer:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 06, 2011 1:24 am

As she dazed into a sort of daydream mentality, the young woman would hear a commotion. To her it was odd to see people flock in such a way. Her eyes turning to watch the crowd grow and above their heads would be flickers of birdy flames. To her, it was odd, amazing really. Was this what was called alchemy? She had to guess so and the voice boomed in an almost inviting way. Feeling as if she had nothing better to do, she would smile slightly and walk over. She wasn't a fan of fire, but if everyone was excited like this, there would be some interest to her. Slowly she settled behind a couple and her ice eyes upon the movements of the.. street performer? She'd never seen one of those ether.

Hands crossed below her chest again, she would watch every movement, silently enjoying the show and even clapping when appropriate. That's what she needed to do, right? Besides, she was gladly accepting this show, after all it got her mind off of work for the moment. Yet she carried work with herself all the time, a bag slung over her shoulder that would carry necessary medical supplies.

Back to top Go down

Post by Spotlight Tue Dec 06, 2011 11:12 am

Alex watched as more people came. He smiled his show seemed to get more popular everytime he did it. The crowd was getting large and he would need to stop his automail might start freezing up if it gets to hot. He decided to do a few more animals. He made a snake that began to slither around him and as it did it got larger before becoming the size of him coiled around. He then snapped again a new flame appearing this one a shade of blue and one could see that the snake began to have a blue flame rising from within the gullet of the snake. As it rose it got bigger and began to force its way out from within. A giant phoenix came up from the snake which started to dissipate as if the very flames of the phoenix were killing him. The phoenix soared higher amd higher alex used his sound alchemy to make it sound like the phoenix had let out a cry and as the phoenix reached the top of climb it exploded and created some fireworks. He then took a bow and left his arm was shot and he needed a medic at the moment. There a medic around? his arms were burned as was his non automail shoulder.
Spotlight
Spotlight
PENDING

-Case File-
Writer:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 06, 2011 2:11 pm

As the show would continue, Ms. Desfade would continue to watch. She had a sort of amazement in her eyes. After all, not everyone could do alchemy. Crystal, herself, never really looked into it. In fact she only knew of it not of what it consisted, that and the rumors. It wasn't long after the show, that the boy would call for a medic and Crystal couldn't help but scoff. All of that work just to injure yourself. It made her wonder why people bothered being into fire arts. Then again, to each their own.

Slowly she would move her way forward and eye the man up. Her body kneeling down as she would pull the bag off from around her neck and placed it by her side. Flipping open the flap, she would pull out all the necessary medical items and at once began treating the boy without so much of a hello. She was deep into her work and wasn't one to chit chat until she was done. Her hands soon enough busy at work.

Back to top Go down

Post by Spotlight Tue Dec 06, 2011 3:36 pm

Alex looked as she worked on his shoulder. He would visit his mechanic later to fix the aesthetical damage. He would also look at her and smile. As she worked on his shoulder he decided to try and make some casual conversation. Wonderful weather we are heaving today huh? So I am Alex miss and you are Doctor? he gave a smile inbetween the two sentences. he was an average 19 year old alchemist. He was still curious about a certain amount of things. If one looked at him they would see many things.
Alex is about 170 cm’s tall and weighs around 66.8 kgs. He wears a white coat. He sports a pair of black jeans as well. He is known to wear skateboarding shoes or converses. His hair is in thick dreads going down his back. He has several tattoos going up his chest. His tattoos form several things and originate from his past. The first notable tattoo is the stripes. The stripes are black with a lining of white. The second tattoo is of the Corde family crest. Another tattoo he has is of four tomoe. The last tattoo is his favorite alchemy law located on his back It is a finally he wears white gloves to cover his hands that are made from xerxian jade automail. He has a black wakizashi at his side. He has several scars but the most notable ones are the ones on his left arm. There are several scars there from fights from the past.he also has a list of tattoos on his back that contain the list of his family those she could see.
Spotlight
Spotlight
PENDING

-Case File-
Writer:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 07, 2011 4:38 pm

The young woman would finish dressing the wound and wrap it as she stood up and fixed her hair, pulling it out from the back of her shirt. She would blink a couple times, "Alex? I am Crystal. Please do more careful next time." Her voice would be soft and sweet as she turned to look at the crowd and lean down, fixing her bag to sit over her shoulder. Closing the flap she would manage a soft smile and nod to him, "You should feel better soon, but remember every time you play with fire you may end up burnt." Of course her words were cliche but it was in her job description to warn people of future injuries.

Curious, she would tilt her head, eying his metal arm. "You lost your arm? What happened?" She would blurt out in curiosity. It wasn't often she would see auto mail and in fact it was incredibly rare. However she would watch his reaction. Was he one of those people who tried a forbidden action? Even if he was, she would never report him, it was not like her. It was obvious her Amestrian was not perfect yet.

Back to top Go down

Post by Spotlight Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:35 pm

He looked at her as she said "Alex? I am Crystal. Please do more careful next time." her voice sounded like she was a kind person but he knew all to well that appearences could be decieving. he smiled as she finnished and said Yea I will be Fine Ill be a lil more careful as well.
"You should feel better soon, but remember every time you play with fire you may end up burnt." he laughed as she said that. why was it that classic cliches always made him laugh the most. Your right I might get burned but want to know something about fire? It is as fickle as the wind one minute its kind the next it bites you in the ass.he looked at her a moment as she tilted her head. her face seemed to be looking at him curiously he was about to ask if she needed something when she suddenly said. You lost your arm? What happened?" he remained silent and got up.Would you like the real story or the cretan police report. he stayed quiet a moment before saying You hungry? I know a place where we can talk further on that subject and get something to eat.
Spotlight
Spotlight
PENDING

-Case File-
Writer:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 08, 2011 1:50 pm

The young miss would laugh softly. Seemed he had some bad experiences. His words making her feel sort of uncomfortable. Did he mean her as like the fire? She couldn't know, frankly she didn't care. After all, she knew she had no intentions of harming a human being. After all, she was a doctor, she fixed people, not harm them. As her blue eyes watched him get up she would seem amazed that he spoke in Cretan. Oh good, that meant she could speak more clearly without the sputter and stutter of her limitly known knowledge of Amestrian. Her eyes would look off as she smiled gently, speaking in Cretan, "I suppose you can tell me both if you so want. Don't worry, I won't tell a soul either way. I am a doctor, it's not like I go out of my way to harm others, however I suggest you speak it out in Amestrian rather than Cretan. Not everyone knows the language you speak." She would say calmly, sweetly before turning and walking off. Her body stopped a second and she would twist and wait for him. "Lead the way?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Spotlight Thu Dec 08, 2011 9:01 pm

"I suppose you can tell me both if you so want. Don't worry, I won't tell a soul either way. I am a doctor, it's not like I go out of my way to harm others, however I suggest you speak it out in Amestrian rather than Cretan. Not everyone knows the language you speak." she had such a calm voice it sorta hypnotized him but hie had no time to be hypnotized and distracted he had a personwho wanted to hear his story. he began to follow her and she turned around and said "Lead the way?"Yea I am Its not to far from here he walked down the street and turned a corner and they were there. It was a regular coffe shop as far as she could probably tell but it was more then that to him it was a place he remembered well. it was in this very spot while this building was still being constructed that his arms were injured beyond repair and he had to go through the agonizing surgery to get automail. He opened the door for her and after that he got a table and some coffee. he then spoke and said Well Lets see you want to know about my automail right?
Spotlight
Spotlight
PENDING

-Case File-
Writer:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 09, 2011 4:26 pm

The woman would follow. Her body moving gracefully and slowly, eying him in curiosity. It seemed he knew what he was talking about when he mentioned a place. Though it was just a small coffee shop, it was a nice little place to get away from people. As she looked over she would debate on a type of tea, as it was always a weakness. A smile on her face in such a tiny, sweet little shop. Looking back at the man she would nod, she had no intentions of harming him. It was simply a healthy bit of curiosity was all. As her eyes would close briefly and she shifted the bag off of her shoulder. Her words were none, as she would simply relax a moment, something she rarely did and in some cases it made her fidgety, crossing her legs and those blue eyes darting around like a child with ADD. However she would soon manage to grasp her own attention and turn to look at the man again, expecting and full of curiosity.

[sorry it took so long to post >.< ]

Back to top Go down

Post by Spotlight Fri Dec 09, 2011 11:08 pm

he looked at her as she sat down across from him. she seemed curious about this place. it was funny how she chose this table so close to the center of the shop. it was at the center where he lost his arms so he began to speak.You want my story correct? Well Lets start from the beginning. Well it all started after I was left orphaned by my parents death in Amestris. I wandered around till the police found me and then after that happened i was put in an orphanage. My dads father lived in creta so as he adopted me I was moved out here and worked with him in his butcher shop. A year passed and I was attacked by a gang who said my uncle didnt pay his protection fees. after that it became monthly beatings and finnally they tried to torch my new home. I confronted them a block from here. i had a knife on me and an old wakizashi. Needless to say As i got there i got the crap beaten out of me. After the initial beating they kicked me and turned where I stabbed there leader. there leader ordered them to kill me but I ran to a construction site. they slashed my arms and cut them up pretty badly. they came in to kill me when my uncle came and scared them off. he brought me to the hopsital where they did the surgery cause aparently they cut my arms up a bit to badly.they amputated my arm and gave me the choice of prosthetics or automail. I chose automail and went through the surgery and here I am a good amount of years later at the same place where i lost my arms. he looked at her as the waiter came to get there orders. he ordered coffee and a biscotti. he then looked to see her reaction
[its all good]
Spotlight
Spotlight
PENDING

-Case File-
Writer:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 10, 2011 2:39 pm

Her eyes were intent; eying the man with curiosity. His words telling and weaving a story of sadness. She counted her blessings, it wasn't often that she could smile and be grateful her life was average. Her breath faltered and she shook her head, looking down at her menu before her. "I can't believe people are like that." Her voice shook slightly with sadness. "It sickens me that all this world wants is money, power; a world of greed." She would simply pick up the long piece of plastic and stare at it carefully, debating. "If you want to order something, go ahead. I can pay this time." She was older, so it was the right thing to do. Besides the guy had a burnt arm, it wasn't like her needed someone to make him pay money.

The waiter would confront her and she would smile some. A sweet smile as her hands moved to hand over the menu. "I will take a croissant and a small ginger tea." Her voice trilled in fluent Cretan. The waiter would smile at her, knowing her as one of the few doctors around, mentioning a 'right away' before tucking the menu under his arm and turning to the other customer, with an awaiting look. He made his order and the man would leave, Crystal turning to look back at the man. "I may have forgotten, but what is your name again? I fear I fail at remember." A slight mess up in her translation. After all, she was not perfect at Amestrian.

Back to top Go down

Post by Spotlight Sun Dec 11, 2011 1:20 pm

Her eyes were intent; eying the man with curiosity. His words telling and weaving a story of sadness. She counted her blessings, it wasn't often that she could smile and be grateful her life was average. Her breath faltered and she shook her head, looking down at her menu before her.
Alex looked at her she seemed to be rather heavily affected by what he told her. Though all of it was true he sorta wished he could have told her a lie. He then heard her speak her voice seemed to carry sadness in that sentence. 
  "I can't believe people are like that."
He could believe it but he countinued to listen to what she was saying.
"It sickens me that all this world wants is money, power; a world of greed." he watched her pick up the menu and look at it.   "If you want to order something, go ahead. I can pay this time."  He looked as she offered to buy him the meal. He was t raised like that. His parents always beat into him Ettiquite and respect for and around women. So paying for her meal was second nature to him
Thank you for the offer but you treated me and I invited you here. So I will pay for the both of us I insist upon it
A waiter came and Alex gave him a glance as he did his job. He was about 5'5" and was Cretan definitely and as far as he could tell he recognized Crystal. The waiter also had black hair and was wearing a vest over a dress shirt and pants. He shrugged as she gave him the menu. "I will take a croissant and a small ginger tea."  
The waiter looked at him and took hits order before leaving. The waiter took his menu and left. 
"I may have forgotten, but what is your name again? I fear I fail at remember."
He thought a moment. And said with a smile. My name crystal is Alex and how are you today?
Spotlight
Spotlight
PENDING

-Case File-
Writer:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 11, 2011 8:16 pm

The woman would smile sweetly at him,such manners. That was a tradition and though she had offered to pay the meal, he had rejected. That simply meant he was raised thus way, she wouldn't fight him on it. Such a silly bickering would be pointless and neither would gain anything other than being annoyed and not enjoying the day before them. As the waiter left she would laugh softly and yawn some. It was odd for her to feel a bit tired, but it was also odd for her to have company.

"Aaa, Alex, I'll try to remember it this time." She would smile gently and blush a bit at feeling embarrassed for forgetting. However Crystal usually met so many people daily it was a miracle she could even remember the names. For hanging out with someone was even rarer to her as she was often just so swamped in her work she'd forgotten to actually 'live' her life.

Back to top Go down

Post by Spotlight Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:54 am

She smiled at him he didn’t know why. Maybe it was for paying Maybe it was for the manners. He might never know so he decided to wait and see how this went. He looked out the window performing may not be his job but it sure was fun. A small gourd of sand fell out of his jacket. He began to listen to what she had to say and didn’t notice.
"Aaa, Alex, I'll try to remember it this time." She had a light blush on her face. Maybe she was embarrassed about something. But she seemed like a doctor so forgetting his name wasn’t that big atleast to him. He then looked at her tilting his head as he finnaly noticed a gourd was missing. The waiter would be back so Alex took his ring out of his pocket. He hadn’t replaced it after doing his show. These rings had a tendency to melt. He looked at his ring and opened his jacket just wide enough for a glance in. A gourd had fallen he looked down and saw the rock and sand on the floor. He placed his fist down on the largest shard and the sand began to collect and formed a new gourd of sand. This gourd was rather small and fit in his hand. This one was more compressed as well and as such was less fragile. Then as he finished the waiter came and gave them their food. He stood there a moment in confusion and went about his business.
Spotlight
Spotlight
PENDING

-Case File-
Writer:

Back to top Go down

Post by Dai Fri Dec 23, 2011 10:06 am

B U M P
Dai
Dai