Modern Day Alchemists
WHY AREN'T YOU SIGNED IN!$#%@? -sends Aurel after you-

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Modern Day Alchemists
WHY AREN'T YOU SIGNED IN!$#%@? -sends Aurel after you-
Modern Day Alchemists
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» This is the end I fear
Victor EmptySat Mar 19, 2022 4:18 pm by Reila Tsukino

» Best wishes
Victor EmptyThu Sep 17, 2020 12:08 pm by Reila Tsukino

» Simon Eris
Victor EmptyFri Nov 15, 2013 1:57 pm by ChaosAlchemist

» Pumpkin Spice
Victor EmptyWed Nov 06, 2013 4:13 pm by Rhea Stevenson

» BARBERSHOP BRUNCH, BRO'S.
Victor EmptyWed Nov 06, 2013 12:54 pm by Wolfgang Murinyo

» Training Private Daw (Open to Amestrian Militants Only)
Victor EmptyMon Nov 04, 2013 6:07 pm by Dawsic

» AKI'S NEW FORUM
Victor EmptyMon Oct 21, 2013 12:59 am by Silvac

» Baldursdóttir, Ymir [done]
Victor EmptyThu Oct 17, 2013 5:56 pm by Jay Furor

» Practice Makes PERFECTION
Victor EmptyMon Oct 14, 2013 11:19 am by Zayne O'Reilly

» Just a Checkup
Victor EmptyThu Oct 10, 2013 8:55 am by Crassus

Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 74 on Wed Sep 10, 2014 4:45 am
Join us on Facebook!

Victor

Go down

Victor Empty Victor

Post by Guest Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:37 pm

CASE FILE: Alchemist
Victor 2nixn42 Victor 2nixn42 Victor 2nixn42
Fear not, for God watches over all

FULL NAME:
Victor

SEX:
Male

BIRTH PLACE:
Possibly central, that is where he was sold from but his actual birth place is unknown.

RACE:
Most likely Drachman given his hair and eye color, but his dark skin tone implies an ishvalen ancestor.

DATE OF BIRTH:
Exact date of birth is uncertain but it is believed his birthdate lies between January 1 1991 and March 3 1991

HEIGHT:
178cm

WEIGHT:
81kg

PICTURE:
Spoiler:

DESCRIPTION:

Victor is tall and muscular, looking like an undersized body builder without his shirt. He has long pleated black hair that usually appears unkempt or even spiky. His eyes are a very dark brown almost black, though when he is angry (which is a lot) some people swear that his eyes turn red. No actual evidence has been found to support this however. Often he has a very intense look on his face, tough his brow rarely seems to furrow except in anger. His skin is a dark brown similar to the ishvalen people though when he is compared directly with an ishvalen it is found that his skin tone is slightly lighter. Despite his musculature he sems to move very easily and relaxed, yet at the same time many feel that he is just as ready to tense up and lunge at them… though odds are he probably is preparing to do just that.

Victor can usually be seen wearing a suit though given the first opportunity he will rip off the shirts and coats, kick off the shoes and shred the pants down to knee length shorts.

His most notable feature is a scar of a transmutation circle on his chest.

PERSONALITY:

Victor is often tense and when meeting a new person his first instinct is one of paranoia. Often he will perceive the person as automatically wishing to do him harm and will keep his distance. Given this tendency he hates being in crowds with little room to maneuver in and so many potential enemies. He has major personal space issues and will not willingly allow a person to approach him from behind. If someone approaches him outside of his field of vision, or if a stranger comes within three feet of him (within his field of vision) he is likely to either runaway and avoid contact or violently attack the person (unless he somehow manages to calm down and temporarily eliminate his anxiety).

Victor is also socially awkward at best and will rarely if ever initiate a conversation. If he sees something he finds “unique” or “wondrous” or just something he’s never seen before he will stare at it for a long period of time possibly ours until he has fathomed every aspect of the object. He rarely considers how he appears to other people and so while staring at the object he is often treated as strange and passed by as some kind of pariah. These states of absorbtion and fascination are the only times a stranger could conceivably strike up a conversation. In this case, Victors suppressed social instincts have him respond back in an oddly fluent and eloquent manner. In these conversations he will invariably turn the focus back to whatever object he is staring at. Be warned because if he is touched in this state, he will revert back to his previous anti-social self and may harm the person who attempted to touch him.

Victor suffers from PTSD as well as agoraphobia and general anxiety disorder. Although he is currently trying to work through these, he has yet to overcome these character flaws.

LOVE:
Being in wide open spaces
Cooked and spiced meat
Dr. Shelley
Being alone
God

HATE:
Being around strangers
Being around a lot of people
Uncooked food
Enclosed spaces
Being afraid

DEEPEST SECRET:
Every night since he can remember he has dreamt of being in a room full of white and he was facing a gigantic white door with strange patterns on it. Victor has no idea what place is but before he wakes up he always dreams of a voice telling him not to tell anyone what he saw there.

IDOL:
God; He does not seem to follow any particular religious tenants yet he often clasps his hands in prayer and mutters something like “God blessed be”. He seems to view God as akin to fate or luck and so thanks “him” whenever a rare turn of fortune comes his way, or when he desires to demonize or cause harm to someone else.

HISTORY:

As far back as Victor can remember he was inside of a prison cell. For what reason he could not fathom yet there he was. Everyday the men in green clothes would take him out of his cell tell him things, things he didn’t quite understand, things about veins and arteries. Anatomy of animals and humans. How to move properly, how to stand when facing someone, how to properly hold a blunt object. Although Victor didn’t realize it the men in red were teaching him how to fight. Occasionally he would be paired with another child or even an animal and told to “make it so it doesn’t stand back up again”. This he did and with enough success and regularity to earn him the sweets he obtained whenever he did as they told him to. Whenever he wonhe was always told “t the victor goes the spoils”. Although the men in red never gave him a name, he came to believe that this was what he was called, “victor”.

As Victor grew older his fights became more violent, he was made to use knives, hammers, clubs, axes, brass knuckles, even out of date swords. On ocassion (though very rarely) he was made to use a gun. He fought against others raised like him, as well as chimeras and others who were forced into these fights in order to pay debts. All these fights were meant for the entertainment of the rich and twisted. Anyone with enough money could visit these underground “gladiator arena’s” and place bets or bask in the bloodshed.

This changed one day after Victor discovered that there was such a thing as God. For some reason or other a priest had managed to arouse the ire of the men in red and so to keep him quiet, the priest was put into Victors cell and left to be torn apart. Strangely enough, when Victor tried to do this he failed and was defeated by the priest. Once immobilized, the priest began talking. At first Victor did not pay attention but as the hours passed he began to listen and learn what the priest had to say. He learned of the existance of God and symbols. He learned that through the power of God the world could be changed and that miracles could occur.

Just before the priest left he told Victor that through the understanding of the world, a symbol to connect to God, and enough prayer, one could change the world however they saw fit. With that, the priest placed his hands together holding his holy symbol as if in prayer, then placed his hands on the wall causing it to open as a door, then close behind him.

What was Victor to think it could have been but a miracle. And so Victor set out trying to find his symbol, his connection to God.

It is said that if a monkey is placed in a room with a type writer, he will begin typing out a series of random letters, with no pattern to them. However given enough time and the random succession of letters and spaces, eventually the random letters will form actual words and maybe even coherent phrases. If this continues on long enough eventually the monkey may type the letters in such a random order that it will independently create an entire act of Hamlet word for word. In a similar fashion, Victor crafted his first transmutation circle.

Through random coincidence he managed to form a transmutation circle which allowed him to break apart bonds between atoms, he did not however learn to put them back together.

Having found his holy symbol Victor took a sharpened piece of rock and carved it into his chest, leaving a permanent scar of a transmutation circle. It was in his next fight that the circle came in use. His enemy swung their weapon at his exposed chest, believing the circle to be a target rather than an alchemic signet. The metal was broken apart as soon as it touched the symbol leaving only a smoldering useless bit of metal in his opponents hand.

Victor won the fight easily though he was avoided by the guards for several days, when another man entered his cell. This time Victor did not charge at him. He believed that this man could teach him much like the priest before him… and he was right. The man who came was a state alchemist who had seen the fight and come to purchase Victor. Although reluctant to leave at first Victor was brought to the residence of the alchemist (whose name he later learned was Dr. Shelly).

Victor spent his first few days trying to understand the new and strange world, where not everyone he met tried to kill him, or hurt him. Under Dr. Shelly’s tutelage Victor is learning to read, write and speak properly. The good doctor has even shown Victor how to perform basic alchemy and has furthered Victors understanding of the natural world.

Currently the doctor is working to help Victor to adjust to the normal world and to extinguish Victors natural violent tendencies and agoraphobia. Yet one can only wonder, for what reason has the good doctor shown Victor such kindness and compassion, what’s more, why he was even at the fights in the first place. Only time will reveal Dr. Shelly’s true motivation.

TRIVIA:
Victors original name was meant o be Victor Hugo an allusion to the famous French novelist who wrote such novels as “The Hunchback of Notredam” and the play “Le miserable”.

ALIAS:
Alberio is what I am known by on most roleplaying forums though in the C-box it is Alberio1.

OTHER CHARACTERS:
This is my first character on this site.

CREATOR'S COMMENTS:
Nope though I do intend to change Victors personality and appearance at a later date.

FACE CLAIM:
Code:
[b]Yu-gi-oh/ ARTIST [/b]/[i]Damon[/i]

CUSTOM RANK:
Alchemist

Victor 2nixn42 Victor 2nixn42 Victor 2nixn42...........................................................................

Last edited by Alberio on Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:27 pm; edited 6 times in total

Back to top Go down

Victor Empty Re: Victor

Post by Guest Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:28 pm

REVISE

Firstly, welcome!
There is definitely some work that's going to have to be done with this, and I'll start with the obvious one.

1. You don't apply for transmutation equipment along with the character; you make a separate app afterward. So you can get rid of that ENTIRE section between "History" and "Trivia".

2. Remove the "Face Claim" section if you don't have a face claim from another anime. A picture would be appreciated, but we can get onto that later.

3. Unless you want your Custom Rank to be 'Pending', change that to something else as well, something that kind of defines your character.

Once you've fixed up the coding a bit, I'll take a proper look at your app.

Thankyee,
Dai~

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:16 pm

Okay thanks for the feedback Hild, I knew it had a lot of rough patches but I couldn't really tell. The massive amount of code here is a little overwhelming

But hopefully I got all the stuff you mentioned. I found a picture that he kind of looks like but (on top of not having a scar) it just looks too happy and what's worse it;sa yu-gi-oh character

Still I hope I got everything so here it is;

Last edited by Alberio on Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:59 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Aurelius Schwartz Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:54 pm

Okay, I'll fix the code for you tomorrow (or Hild can tonight). Just can you take what you posted there and just paste it over your original post? We like to keep it all in one post, you see. Everything else will be handled. Nice App and welcome to MDA!

You're next goal is to make a separate post in pending for your alchemy (it's called transmutation app).
Aurelius Schwartz
Aurelius Schwartz
SWEAT MY RUST

-Case File-
Level: 4
Writer: Aki

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:03 am

Thanks

I meant to edit the first post but I couldn't find the edit button at first

Anyway I'm glad to be here and if you want I can easily try and fix the code myself if anyone would be so kind as to point out any mistakes I might have made.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 21, 2010 4:29 am

Just one thing.

Where it says "Insert lyrics or Quote here", insert something that means something to your character.

After that it'll be APPROVED.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:27 pm

Done

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 21, 2010 6:21 pm

APPROVED

Oh, before I forget, please change your username to "Victor", for ease of use. I can do it for you if you want.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down