Modern Day Alchemists
WHY AREN'T YOU SIGNED IN!$#%@? -sends Aurel after you-

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Modern Day Alchemists
WHY AREN'T YOU SIGNED IN!$#%@? -sends Aurel after you-
Modern Day Alchemists
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» This is the end I fear
Does killing boredom make me a murderer? (Open any) EmptySat Mar 19, 2022 4:18 pm by Reila Tsukino

» Best wishes
Does killing boredom make me a murderer? (Open any) EmptyThu Sep 17, 2020 12:08 pm by Reila Tsukino

» Simon Eris
Does killing boredom make me a murderer? (Open any) EmptyFri Nov 15, 2013 1:57 pm by ChaosAlchemist

» Pumpkin Spice
Does killing boredom make me a murderer? (Open any) EmptyWed Nov 06, 2013 4:13 pm by Rhea Stevenson

» BARBERSHOP BRUNCH, BRO'S.
Does killing boredom make me a murderer? (Open any) EmptyWed Nov 06, 2013 12:54 pm by Wolfgang Murinyo

» Training Private Daw (Open to Amestrian Militants Only)
Does killing boredom make me a murderer? (Open any) EmptyMon Nov 04, 2013 6:07 pm by Dawsic

» AKI'S NEW FORUM
Does killing boredom make me a murderer? (Open any) EmptyMon Oct 21, 2013 12:59 am by Silvac

» Baldursdóttir, Ymir [done]
Does killing boredom make me a murderer? (Open any) EmptyThu Oct 17, 2013 5:56 pm by Jay Furor

» Practice Makes PERFECTION
Does killing boredom make me a murderer? (Open any) EmptyMon Oct 14, 2013 11:19 am by Zayne O'Reilly

» Just a Checkup
Does killing boredom make me a murderer? (Open any) EmptyThu Oct 10, 2013 8:55 am by Crassus

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 74 on Wed Sep 10, 2014 4:45 am
Join us on Facebook!

Does killing boredom make me a murderer? (Open any)

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Does killing boredom make me a murderer? (Open any) Empty Does killing boredom make me a murderer? (Open any)

Post by Guest Sat Apr 24, 2010 9:28 pm

Atlacia huffed heavily. How the hell was she expected to walk up all the stairs?! It seemed she was managing but her knees felt like lead weights by the time she reached the top. Noone ever seemed to some up here, so it was the perfect place for what she was about to do.. meditate. She wasn't one for meditation, but lately she had felt overwhelmed, stressed and exhausted. With her eyes closed, she slipped into a sitting position and crossed her legs, closing her eyes quickly. The breeze blew warm and fresh through the spring air. It felt good to get away from it all. And to top all the things, she was dressed nice for once. She wore a black skirt over black leggings and a nice blouse. It was her day off, but still she found herself at work. Though for once she wasn't in the library, she was still away from mankind. She turned on her MP3 and placed a bud in her ear, clicking on some very relaxing music to kill the time.

Back to top Go down

Does killing boredom make me a murderer? (Open any) Empty Re: Does killing boredom make me a murderer? (Open any)

Post by Guest Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:07 pm

The faint hissing of music turned down too low reached the ears of a man overlooking the city. He turned from his reminiscent thoughts and faced the girl who had sat down very near to him. What was she doing? He moved into her field of vision with a few mindless steps and bent down to face her. She didn't look familiar. Noting that she was listening to music through her head phones, he smiled with his teeth and held up a hand in greeting without saying anything.

Warm blue eyes held her quietly as wind kicked up around the two of them, blowing from the higher reaches of the sky. His silver hair that was left down today, swiveled around him like the ribbon used on Christmas presents. Since he had been too lazy to do much of anything today, he had on a plain white dress shirt that was only half buttoned, exposing a sliver of thick, white bandages around his sides. His pants were normal though: the typical tight black pants that he always adorned, with only slight varying differences. This particular pair had a crisscrossed leather string that was tied instead of a zipper.

Back to top Go down

Does killing boredom make me a murderer? (Open any) Empty Re: Does killing boredom make me a murderer? (Open any)

Post by Guest Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:12 pm

Atlacia had her eyes closed while she was meditating and her music was so loud that she couldn't here a fireworks display if it went off right beside her. She seemed to hum a tune, but as she sensed something weird, she opened her eyes. Her face immedeatly turned to that equal of being shot. She seemed to jump ten feet in the air, knocking over the music from her knee, sending it skidding and one earbud to dislodge. Her whole body fell sideways in srprise basically. After a moment she sat up and glared cooly "My God never do that again! I swear I almost went into cardiac arrest!" Her black eyes were almost void of emotion, but it was more as if there was a sheild over it. She sighed and rubbed her wrists, gently massaging the points of impact. "Oh well, suppose it can't be helped, tell me what you need on this fine morning?" She assumed it was for business... usually it was.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:58 pm

"Ah." Was his monotone reaction of surprise. He squatted over to where her mp3 player landed, picking it up gently and examining it. It didn't seem to be broken at least. He smiled sweetly this time as he handed it over to her.

"...I'm sorry that I scared you," He spoke lightly, "Well, it isn't anything that I need; it just seems we both like high places..." He trailed off, his velvet voice fading into the heavy wind. He sat down on his knees, facing her and held out a hand sheepishly. "I'm Sergeant Major Tsune, nice to meet you."

He wondered whether or not she had heard of him. He wasn't exactly as well-known as he would have hoped after showing up on Central Head Quarter's doorstep with the secret of Lightning Alchemy that he had sacrificed so much for. Still, maybe she had? He momentarily glanced down at his black-gloved-hand that adorned the fashioned transmutation circle. A sigh escaped his lips, but he still smiled.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:07 pm

Atlacia adjusted her glasses and her glinted in intrigue, "Aaa yes, Tsune Hitotose, age 17. Practiced alchemy for a good amount of years, correct? You moved here recently." She sat up and seemed to fluff her hair almost. Being a human computer had its advantages. At least she knew what she was up against when meeting new people. She stood up, taking the Mp3 with a sort of shakey hand. She was still alittle deterred to the fact of being scared half to debt. She gave a salute and straightened herself. "Sergeant Raider here, sir." She had slmost forgotten her manners! In front of a superior officer! That bode ill luck. She twitched her nose and yanked out the other earbud, her hair a mess. She sighed "It took me a whole ten minutes to do my hair."

Last edited by Atlacia on Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:13 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:49 pm

"I like it," He said softly, standing up and saluting in response. "Don't worry about it." Brushing his own crazy hair out of his eyes, he laughed. "I mean, look at mine..." He scowled. He really should have put it up today. But today he hadn't exactly felt up the par with the world. He really only had wanted to sleep all day. Especially with the dull aching pain in his side from that mercenary girl who had stabbed him. If he moved too quickly or jarred it at all, he was met with pain that made his head spin. It had been a successful day though, more or less. It was also what led him up to the roof. When he stood looking over the rail at the world below, he felt that what he was trying to achieve may actually be possible.

"It's nice to meet you Raider-san. I'm surprised you know so much about me."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:18 am

Atlacia laughed. "Raider-san? Please, call me Atlacia." She seemed to grin ear to ear, beaming from the compliment. It wasn't often she got one! Her eyes fliskered amused. "I know alot of things." She said and sat back down, crossing her legs as she ran a hand through her hair. "It's my job after all." She wasn't lying. She was the military's one and only walking and living computer it seemed. Her memory was like a hard drive, able to be shifted around and deleted even supressed and hidden. It was an amusing thing to her superiors. She looked up with a soft smile, feeling rather kind today. "I think your hair looks nice." She complimented. "It's a lot silkier than mine. I mean my hair usually look's like a bat's nesting grounds." She crinkled her nose like a rabbit. It was sadly true. Somedays her hair looked awful! Those days.. she usually did one of two things. 1) She pulled it back or 2) drenched her hair and went around as a wet-head.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 28, 2010 7:17 pm

"Hahaha! Thank you Atlancia~" He laughed, settling down beside her. He then reached over to lightly brush his hands against her hair. It had been out of pure curiosity. ...It was so soft, he honestly didn't expect it to feel that way. "Woah," He mouthed without thinking. "I'm afraid your hair has won." He bowed to her extravagantly, pretending to take off an invisible hat. "I concede."

It seemed this girl took a lot of pride in knowing things. He figured that she must be extremely dedicated to her work. This made him smile. He was going to do the same. And when he became a State Alchemist, he would then have enough power to do all he could to help those around him by carrying out every mission successfully. Until then, he would work his ass off and complete the finishing details on his lightning alchemy. Well, that was the very vague and naive plan at least. He had always been that way... That was why he resented idiots like himself. They were fully aware of what they were doing, but still were able to make the most thoughtless mistakes. Ugh.

"Atlancia-san, what do you exactly do for the military?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:56 pm

Atlacia grinned "Meh looks are decieving I suppose, I definitely prefer your hair." She smiled goofily and pulled gently at her own hair "Wanna trade?" Naturally joking, she learned it always made her feel better to make someone smile. As he asked aabout her job, she looked distant. "Well.. I'm in the intellegence department." She said vaguely. She wasn't allowed to say too much about it, similar to working for the FBI.. amusing. She loved her job too much to lose it over sensless chatter. She pulled her hair back into a ponytail and pressed up her glasses. She always felt.. prettier? When her hair was up and out of her eyes, however her scar seemed to glint slightly now that it was more visible.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 28, 2010 11:02 pm

"Yeah, let's trade," He joked back, running a hand through the knotted strands and getting it caught. He couldn't remember ever brushing it after waking up this morning. How she liked it, he had no idea. But it made him smile--this girl she was very nice. Not only that, but she was intriguing. He wanted to know more about it, but he sensed it wasn't a good idea to ask. He opted for commenting.

"Ah, the intelligence department, eh? You must really have a good memory. Sounds hard too. I know I'd never be able to do it, so it's good we have people like you around." He freed his hand from his own hair and then watched her pull her's up and out of her eyes. Tsune noticed the scar over her left brow almost immediately. He hesitated about asking her about it though. It would be bad if it brought up bad memories for her. He knew what it was like when he was asked about his Automail; it was a question that was always a little painful to answer. He glanced forlornly at the metal that peeked out from his clothes and then back at her scar that stared at him disdainfully.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 28, 2010 11:10 pm

Atlacia grinned and laughed lightly at the boy. "Here." She sighed and pulled out a brush she had on her today. It had been a bad-hair day for her so she sprung for the whole 'keep my brush in my purse' thoughts this time. She casually began pulling the brush through his hair in an almost motherly way. It was odd, her being this nice to a stranger. She seemed to hum a soft lullabye and smiled as he commented on her work. "Yes it can be rather hard at times.. but I suppose I'm in the least-dangerous line of fire which for some unknown reason makes some of my colleagues happy." She pulled a knot out gently and pressed her glasses up. She had noticed the automail but debated on asking about it. "A war?" Her voice slipped and she grimaced. "Don't answer if you don't want to, I can understand some scars are far too delicate even after the healing process."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 29, 2010 12:26 am

Tsune sat with his back to her, blushing very-very slightly. It was okay though since there was no way she could see his face from where he was. He looked off to the side, embarrassed, but reveling in the attention. Never before had someone else combed his hair for him. Since he could remember at least. It was very pleasant and for once he felt that he had some meaning. "Thank you so much," He said, his voice holding deep appreciation. "I can see why they would be since you're too kind to be put into that kind of danger."

He was sitting crossed-legged, playing with the laces of his shoes until he heard her abrupt question. He looked up immediately and stared at a flag waving across from him. Had she been debating the same kind of thing he had? "No, no nothing like that..." He answered quietly, trailing off.

Tsune paused momentarily to contemplate what to do. If he told her the truth, there was the risk that she would leak the information to the higher ups and get him arrested. It was very possible, but for some reason he doubted she would. He hated lying: for a whole year before he left home he was forced by his caretakers to tell a false story over and over again about how he had gotten his arm caught in the tractor. Yeah, right. At least now he could make up his own story. He didn't want to do that though. He didn't want to become someone that hid from the truth or from the question.

"Your memory--it is possible to keep what I'm about to tell you a secret?" Feeling the brush pause on his hair, he turned around to look at her from the side, his blue eyes serious now.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 29, 2010 8:49 am

Atlacia was beaming slightly, never before had she felt so appreciated! She almost blushed with happiness. Her brush went through his hair gently, occassionally finding a stray not. She wondered what he was thinking. She could tell simply by his body posture that he was in thought about something. Then he asked about her memory... she blinked and stared into his deep blue eyes with her own soulless-seeming black ones. "Hmm? Yes, of course." She grinned "I'm almost like a tape recorder.. I'm not sure how it is but if you tell me to keep it a secret it goes into some file in the back of my mind hidden under lock and key." She said seriously, gesturing with her hand. It was strangely true. She had an almost miraculous memory when it came to orders. Almost scary she could think about the stuff.. but her mouth could never betray the information.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 30, 2010 1:54 am

"Even if someone higher ranking than me were to ask you?" Tsune questioned abruptly. "That is potentially hazardous to your job..." He added more quietly, meeting those soulless eyes he knew had to hold a very generous soul. He didn't want her to answer that, somehow he knew--he trusted that she wouldn't betray him.

"Human transmutation," He said without a waver in his voice or in his direct eyes. "And I didn't try to bring anyone back to life. No, I knew that was impossible. What...I did..." He smiled sadly at her and looked down at his gloved Automail. "What I did was gain 'the truth.'"

Should he say more? He wasn't sure if to continue on would be appropriate. He felt like he wanted to though--he wanted to share the reason why with her. "I never knew my parents. I was raised on a farm with 29 other orphans and all I had were the books my parents delivered to the farm after I had already been transferred there. Alchemy books...about lightning." He looked back up to meet her eyes, studying them.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:13 am

Atlacia blinked. Human transmutation was dangerous and grounds for discharge from the military. There were only three rules for the alchemists. However she knew this was a secret she had to keep and even if asked it would be folded like a piece of paper in the back of her mind. She nodded slowly, but her eyes shined sympathetically. "I see.." she said softly in an almost understanding tone. She understood the basics of alchemy, but she never exactly studied it, she never had the time with so much other stuff to read on! She never needed to fight either so there was no need for her to learn it. She began brushing Tsune's hair again and heaved a soft sigh. "We've all done things we either aren't proud of or would rather keep a secret." As she spoke, her sleeve gently fell below her wrist and strikes of crimson glinted on her skin. She didn't notice and simply hummed a soft tune as if this were the most casual conversation she'd ever had!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 30, 2010 5:47 pm

The sympathy in her eyes made him wince. "I don't deserve your sympathy," He said quietly with a sad smile that still was able to remain warm and sincere despite the flashes of memories flooding his mind. Once they passed almost as quick as a bolt of lightning would appear then vanish, he saw her wrist. He didn't know what it meant at first and then he realized with surprise. No...really? He chewed thoughtlessly on his lip while contemplating what those red strikes were. Did she do them herself...or...he hoped she hadn't. Why?

"Atlacia-chan, have you done something like that...that you'd rather keep a secret?" He asked quietly, trying to mask the sadness that now leaked into his voice and made his smile disappear this time. He had switched to a more familiar way of calling someone and hoped she didn't mind the informality. He felt closer to her now that he had shared his secret, but he didn't expect her to share her's.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:47 pm

Atlacia's eyes reflected smothered grief. He'd seen them? That was purely accidental. Her eyes slowly adverted to the side and she put down the brush. "There are a great many things I regret.." She said sadly as images of blood flowing down her arm ran through her mind. Sights of her knives, the tears the dark.. the crimson curtain... sick laughter in her mind.. locked doors. All secrets in a sort of 'file' she wished she could erase. It was stinging at her heart and she knew there were more scars hidden from view, but those wouldn't be seen. Her thighs, hips... even her legs bore the scrapes of her own personal war. She chewed her lip as she avoided his eyes now. "And you deserve sympathy.. there are those who have sinned greater than you." She said calmly and stood up, putting away the brush. She was going to cry again... she could feel it. The burning liquid that edged in her eyes was sour and frustrating. Why can't I hold it in anymore?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 30, 2010 9:50 pm

Though he had much rather talk about her, he noted severely that she did not. That was okay. He wasn't going to press her, but his insane desire to help continued to press on him as it always had. He sealed his mouth and continued watching her face. Had she seen him notice her scars? He felt a frown form on his face and his eyes wavered to the brush she had put down. He should have been more discreet about it. But seriously...she was good at reading people. It was a bit scary. Tsune thoughtlessly touched his hair, but then his eyes widened slightly. It was just as soft as hers now. How...? The brush was magic--no, she just had a knack for it.

He noted with horror as she stood up, the beginnings of tears in her eyes. This was something he had a knack for. All those children that were constantly around him. He would be an idiot if he didn't begin to pick up when one of them were going to cry. This was different though--real tears. He rose to stand up next to her and reached out to touch her shoulder very lightly.

"It's true, but then if you say I deserve sympathy, so do they." He played with the edges of his hair and shed a smile. "What I'm trying to do is replace my sin with something better. Redemption in a way."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 30, 2010 10:00 pm

Atlacia gave a short laugh and smiled gratefully, wiping her eyes. "Yes.. you're not the only one like that.. I've met a handful of people in the same pathway." She rubbed her wrists then wiped a hand over scar on her eye indiscreetly (well so she thought). "While some of us have the luck of hiding the scars.. some of us are punished for our sins with the physical remnants of these errors." She spoke calmly, cooly, despite how obvious it was thatshe was uncomfortable about the subject. She had sinned so much. It was a miraclke she had the few friends she had. Her eyes clenched close as she tried to change the subject, wiping the tears as she rubbed the bridge of her nose. "How's your hair?" She asked hoping for something a little more happy. She needed good news to douse the flames of regret.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 30, 2010 11:13 pm

Tsune nodded in response and took his hand off her shoulder. "You work some pretty flashy magic~" He chimed, smiling like a kid. "It's never been this soft in all my life!" He brushed it off his shoulders and to his back, admiring how it felt in the strong wind. It was so nice outside...even for an autumn day. It was definitely not a time for a girl to be standing on the roof, crying--he decided.

"You don't have work now, right? Good." He took her by the arm and pulled her towards the doorway. "If you do, it's canceled." He opened the door with a loud metallic squeak and held it open with his foot. It closed behind them with a heavy click and they faced the decent down the dimly-lit stairs.

"How does Chinese sound?" He grinned through the faded lighting. "I don't have a lot of money or I'd treat you to something better, but you need to get your mind off things for a while."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 30, 2010 11:23 pm

Atlacia laughed. "Magic? Hardly. It's called a brush I'll have to buy you one sometime." She grinned and tapped her chin, then wrapped up her music wires and then put them in her pockets, pulling at her hair back into a ponytail. Shefelt oddly chipper, glad to be off the subject. She laughed as he began tugging her. "No, today's my day off." she admitted, stumbling slightly. He had a good grip on her arm, but her eyes lit up. "Are you kidding?! Chinese is my favourite!" She licked her lips at the thought and grinned brightly. "I wuld choose chinese over fish fillet everytime!" It was true, the girl seemed almost obsessed with chinese. It was an amazing food.. well to her. She wouldn't be able to live without her weekly dose of rice.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 30, 2010 11:44 pm

"Please do~ Surely, someone like myself isn't capable of going brush shopping," He returned a laugh, throwing his fist in the air with a smirk. "Excellent! Order anything you'd like. You probably know a better place than I do. I've only just gotten here, so lead the way."

They embarked down the endless stairs and finally were able to break out into the light of day once more. The wind was less harsh down there and it seemed even warmer. He was glad he wasn't wearing a coat since, at this point, he'd have to carry it. He wasn't a fan of carrying a coat around on such a beautiful day. Tsune stretched his arms towards the clear sky, but then winced in pain. "Che!"

Shiiiit, he had forgotten... Trying to push the sharp ache aside, he glanced at Atlacia to see if she had noticed. He hoped that she hadn't, he really didn't want to appear weak in front of someone he was trying to cheer up. Seriously, it would be pathetic, but it was nearly impossible to conceal the bandages that were barely underneath the buttoned part of his shirt. He couldn't button the rest now though...then she would really see.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 30, 2010 11:51 pm

Atlacia grimmaced, she was leading the way, but something had happened. Her eyes immedeatly shot to her escort and her mouth twisted in a frown. She managed a sigh and shook her head. "Honestly what is with you men and your pride." She walked up and looked him over. "Internal, external?" She pushed up her glasses. "Lunch can wait until you're feeling better." She was concerned, but her personality just didn't allow her to say it straight out or show it fully. Her eyes looked for glimpses of tightened muscles, any sign of where the pain was. She didn't notice the bandages, after all, some people thought they were fashionable. She had read a lot of info on medical procedures. She never had practice, but she did know how things worked quite well. She motioned for him to sit. "If you're gonna pay for my lunch I could at least make sure you're up and able first." she said, trying to lighten the serious atmosphere.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 01, 2010 2:28 am

Damn. She found out. Tsune looked her over nervously as she searched him at a glance for where the pain had come from. He folded his arms behind his back and looked off to the side, suddenly interested in the cracks in the pavement. Oh...and how interesting they were.

"External," He said, obeying her softly. He found a bench by the door they had just come out of, and sat down on the wooden surface. ...He scowled. He was going to pay for her whether he was up and able or not. He still gave in and lifted the corners of his shirt just enough to reveal the thick bandages beneath. It was clearly not a fashion statement. Faintly, red could be seen from underneath the tight wrappings. He glared at it with annoyance. Why now?

"Before you ask... I was attacked by a mercenary and then we went to the hospital together. It's all taken care of. You have nothing to worry about." He brought a smile to his lips, the calm warmth of it reaching his usually cold eyes. "Thank you though. I'm sure you'd rather look at food than blood."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 01, 2010 10:26 pm

Atlacia sighed and flipped out something from her pocket. She tugged at the bandages, freeing them and she sighed. "Your doctor did an awful job at closing this." She murmered as the blood continued to flow from his wound. She shook her head and grabbed his hand. "What I'm about to do will hurt like hell... vaguely equivilant to nerves being connected in automail.. or so I've read." Her eyes glanced up, peering at him softly, carefully and gently. "Feel free to squeeze my hand seeing as screaming would be really awkward." She shifted, obviously not used to this stuff, but she had a calm demeanor that showed she was more than capable. Besides with her extensive knowledge, she knew the pros and cons for every situation. Her eyes seemed to glow a light brown rather than their usual souless black and they brimmed with simply put; care.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next